ATL - LMA retires with heart issue - pg 78

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Re: ATL - 2021 Buyout market Dieng to sign with Spurs 

Post#1301 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:23 am

Knicks trying to help us out a lil bit.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#1302 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:04 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
jschligs wrote:The challenge thing would be cool if the refs actually reversed calls when they know they are wrong instead of being proud ****s.
I'm someone who generally supports using replay because you have the technology so might as well get it right but man is the NBAs use of it ****. Takes way too long and they still get calls wrong. They need to sit down and rethink the whole thing.

Good starting point would be a '30 second rule' where if you can't tell it was the wrong call within the first 30 seconds then call stands. None of this spending 5 minutes to determine if the ball glazed a finger before going out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

College football has had this correct for 20 years now. Replay official in the booth. Replay is called by that guy he has 45 seconds then play moves on.

Why other sports haven't adapted this is beyond me. The fact that NBA refs are looking at 20" monitors and trying to handle replays that way on the side of the court is ludicrous.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1303 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:40 am

KidA24 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
jschligs wrote:The challenge thing would be cool if the refs actually reversed calls when they know they are wrong instead of being proud ****s.
I'm someone who generally supports using replay because you have the technology so might as well get it right but man is the NBAs use of it ****. Takes way too long and they still get calls wrong. They need to sit down and rethink the whole thing.

Good starting point would be a '30 second rule' where if you can't tell it was the wrong call within the first 30 seconds then call stands. None of this spending 5 minutes to determine if the ball glazed a finger before going out.

College football has had this correct for 20 years now. Replay official in the booth. Replay is called by that guy he has 45 seconds then play moves on.

Why other sports haven't adapted this is beyond me. The fact that NBA refs are looking at 20" monitors and trying to handle replays that way on the side of the court is ludicrous.
Absolutely. It's absurd that refs are running over and looking at monitors.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1304 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:42 am

Read on Twitter
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1305 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:08 am

Bet he gets traded this summer.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#1306 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:18 am

emunney wrote:Bet he gets traded this summer.

Probably and Houston will involve a third team to take the best assets away from Houston.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1307 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:27 am

Who will be the next team to learn the secret of why teams keep being fine with saying goodbye to Christian Wood?
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#1308 » by Perseus1966 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:15 am

Poor Dj W cant play even in Huston ...
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1309 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:25 am

Wood thought he was signing with a contender. Instead, the Rockets surrounded him with an atrocious supporting cast and are tanking harder than any team in the league. The Rockets are -28 with Wood on the floor this season and -190 without him. This is one year after the Pistons were +68 with Wood on the floor and -293 without him. Wood has missed 27 games over the past two seasons and the Pistons/Rockets are 4-23 in those games. I find it hard to blame Wood for being frustrated with his situation.
Read on Twitter
higharc
Junior
And1: 225

Post#1310 » by higharc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:31 am

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Paul Pierce was fired from ESPN after posting a clip smoking weed surrounded by strippers...

I guess we won't miss him much...
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#1311 » by vlietinho » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:27 am

Just watched the vid, lmao
higharc wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Paul Pierce was fired from ESPN after posting a clip smoking weed surrounded by strippers...

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1312 » by Ruzious » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:59 am

higharc wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Paul Pierce was fired from ESPN after posting a clip smoking weed surrounded by strippers...

It looked like he was basically saying "Please fire me." Either that, or it was quite an odd cry for help - gambling, drinking, surrounded by strippers. Poor guy. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,832

Post#1313 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:00 pm

I legitimately did not know that we as a society were still pretending to give a crap about stuff like this. Couldn't tell if ESPN would fire him or just completely ignore it. :lol:
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,784

Post#1314 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:40 pm

I know that Pierce isn't expected to save the world, but you would think that a married man with kids who has got it all could aspire to more than smoking weed with cheeks clapping in the background.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#1315 » by drew881 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:49 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:

I know that Pierce isn't expected to save the world, but you would think that a married man with kids who has got it all could aspire to more than smoking weed with cheeks clapping in the background.

It was his son’s birthday too... But Marv Albert still has a job.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#1316 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:07 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:Wood thought he was signing with a contender. Instead, the Rockets surrounded him with an atrocious supporting cast and are tanking harder than any team in the league. The Rockets are -28 with Wood on the floor this season and -190 without him. This is one year after the Pistons were +68 with Wood on the floor and -293 without him. Wood has missed 27 games over the past two seasons and the Pistons/Rockets are 4-23 in those games. I find it hard to blame Wood for being frustrated with his situation.

Wood has no clout. No one cares but him that he was "surrounded" with an atrocious supporting cast (you aren't wrong, mind you), than he thought he was playing for a contender, etc. Dude just needs to play basketball, be as good as he thinks he is, and let the rest come. Maybe then he'd actually have the clout to do something about it - or maybe, if he really is that good, his team wouldn't be atrocious :dontknow:
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,784

Post#1317 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:12 pm

drew881 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

It was his son’s birthday too... But Marv Albert still has a job.

It's different for Marv Albert because he is generally very well liked in the NBA, not that I think this is justifiable, if it were up to me he should have been fired in 1997
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#1318 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:28 pm

This reminds me of when noobs used to come to the board thinking they were about to school our hardcore asses lol

Read on Twitter
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM

Post#1319 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:41 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Wood thought he was signing with a contender. Instead, the Rockets surrounded him with an atrocious supporting cast and are tanking harder than any team in the league. The Rockets are -28 with Wood on the floor this season and -190 without him. This is one year after the Pistons were +68 with Wood on the floor and -293 without him. Wood has missed 27 games over the past two seasons and the Pistons/Rockets are 4-23 in those games. I find it hard to blame Wood for being frustrated with his situation.

Wood has no clout. No one cares but him that he was "surrounded" with an atrocious supporting cast (you aren't wrong, mind you), than he thought he was playing for a contender, etc. Dude just needs to play basketball, be as good as he thinks he is, and let the rest come. Maybe then he'd actually have the clout to do something about it - or maybe, if he really is that good, his team wouldn't be atrocious :dontknow:

Yeah, it just feels very quick for him to be throwing people under the bus. He's started 41 games in his career. I'm sure it feels like he's arrived but he's got to prove he can get through a season without alienating his organization.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1320 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:44 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:This reminds me of when noobs used to come to the board thinking they were about to school our hardcore asses lol

Read on Twitter

Brandon Marshall: <yells for a while>

This board: Um that's the 2011 CBA why don't you look up Article IV Section 2a "A horse shall be allowed to play under these conditions..."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks