ImageImageImage

Old friend Paul Pierce

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Re: Old friend Paul Pierce 

Post#101 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:43 am

Pierce and Gorman? Sorry, Scal. Or just all three together.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,846

Post#102 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:48 am

Read on Twitter

Maybe a studio job.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#103 » by Triple7 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:54 am

He’s definitely replacing Turner lol
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#104 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:01 am

I feel like the people who are so appalled by this are the same type of dudes whose idea of letting loose on the weekend is to go out on a double-date with his wife, her brother and his wife, maybe go to the bowling alley and play a few games while having 2 beers, and then hitting up the Burger King drive-thru on the way home, because they sure as heck don’t want to stay out too late, because that would mean having to pay the babysitter overtime.

Seriously - if you have never spent a night with your boys, strippers, booze, and weed, I kind of feel bad for you. And if you’re going to argue that Pierce was stupid for doing it on IG live and getting fired for it - chances are good that you forgot that the Truth made almost $200 million (not including endorsements) over his NBA career. Whatever ESPN was paying him is probably what it would feel like for an average joe to be paid less than half of whatever minimum wage is. Would you work for minimum wage after retiring from your primary job? I hope you wouldn’t.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#105 » by jirrit » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:46 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
jirrit wrote:Offcourse this is very common in these athlete worlds but that cannot be the reason we should say its cool, eventhough theyre our idols?

We cant hold a different moral for stars just because theyre starts IMO. No one with children should do this or say to this ‘well its normal in that world’. Its also normal in some worlds to just constantly be influenced by drugs just to achieve. We shouldnt label that as normal either, eventhough it is normal in their world.

I don't see a big moral issue here at all. Consenting adults, and a drug that is less harmful than either alcohol or tobacco.

If y’all agree this ‘should be ok’ as a parent just because its normal in that world and because is less harmful than other drugs or whatever.

Just wows me bigtime and I aint no saint at all but the day I say to my children drugs are good and you should hang out with prostitutes is the day I’d rather be dead.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#106 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:00 am

jirrit wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
jirrit wrote:Offcourse this is very common in these athlete worlds but that cannot be the reason we should say its cool, eventhough theyre our idols?

We cant hold a different moral for stars just because theyre starts IMO. No one with children should do this or say to this ‘well its normal in that world’. Its also normal in some worlds to just constantly be influenced by drugs just to achieve. We shouldnt label that as normal either, eventhough it is normal in their world.

I don't see a big moral issue here at all. Consenting adults, and a drug that is less harmful than either alcohol or tobacco.

If y’all agree this ‘should be ok’ as a parent just because its normal in that world and because is less harmful than other drugs or whatever.

Just wows me bigtime and I aint no saint at all but the day I say to my children drugs are good and you should hang out with prostitutes is the day I’d rather be dead.

All good. Not dying on the hill of strippers, but I don't see getting moral on weed. It is less harmful in every respect than alcohol. In terms of personal health, community safety, criminal activity, etc...

Also... like 90% of NBA players since forever ago smoke pot.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#107 » by exculpatory » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:00 am

By advertising all of this, he grossly disrespected his family.

Grow the **** up, Paul.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#108 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:33 am

Ill News wrote:Not a cool thing to do by Pierce. Makes him look like a real sleazebag lol.

Would any of you welcome Pierce as a broadcaster for the Celtics, maybe in NBCS? I love him as a player, but man he's a horrible analyst with some of the cringiest takes you'll ever hear. I hope he never appears in any sort of media role again.

Pierce's strengths are:
-- Great body
-- Great competitiveness/work ethic
-- Great toughness
-- Nice guy

I don't think those project to him excelling at any basketball role bigger than assistant coach.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#109 » by big-shot-ROB » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:52 am

Might have to step down some time from this forums if you guys seriously don't think there's anything wrong with this video.

Given the huge inequality there's between men and women and the amount of sexualization women go through, everything related to the strippers in this video and the single act of it (even without recording) is completly disgusting.

He can get high with his kids for all I care though.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#110 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:35 am

Ehh I’m wondering if Paul didn’t do this on purpose to get out of a deal if in fact he has “something” big lined up.....who knows but just a thought.

It’s not the first time he’s been high or drank and certainly not both same time so I don’t think he was so blitzed he didn’t know what he was doing- w the exception maybe he meant that ig live for “close friends”
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#111 » by KGtabake » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:19 pm

I'm just glad he won't be exposed anymore.
His analysis was awful not only because he simply doesn't have "it" but mainly because he wasn't watching the games! And that's what he was getting paid to do.

As for the video. Having a contract with a company of this size, should have made him more clever.
If he didn't have the contract, there would have been no problem (aside from the maturity factor). It's not a good look for ESPN to have employees that embrace this culture.
But his immaturity here, has actually saved him in a way. As i said, he was terrible as an analyst.
The worst in ESPN.
Do something else Paul. Protect your legacy, do not ruin it on TV.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#112 » by celtics543 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:31 pm

Big fan of Pierce but this is disappointing. I can only imagine this is what every night looked like when he played with Ricky Davis.

I'm a dad and I can't imagine posting something like this. It's embarrassing for Pierce and it's embarrassing for his family. Imagine being his kid, going to school, and having someone send this around. He's not 25 anymore.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,541

Post#113 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:46 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:Pierce and Gorman? Sorry, Scal. Or just all three together.

Maybe Pierce and Scal? Mike Gorman hasn’t looked too happy calling Celtics games this year. It’s been a pretty tough year for Gorman losing his long time partner and the Celtics playing non Celtics ball this year.

Hopefully it’s just a tough year and Mike Gorman can get his passion back for calling games
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#114 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:46 pm

Triple7 wrote:He’s definitely replacing Turner lol

I wouldn’t mind if he replaced Carsen Edwards :lol:
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#115 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:50 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:Might have to step down some time from this forums if you guys seriously don't think there's anything wrong with this video.

Given the huge inequality there's between men and women and the amount of sexualization women go through, everything related to the strippers in this video and the single act of it (even without recording) is completly disgusting.

He can get high with his kids for all I care though.

Who are you to tell what women ought to do with their bodies? They’re getting paid handsomely to wear a bikini and shake their ass.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#116 » by jfs1000d » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:25 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I feel like the people who are so appalled by this are the same type of dudes whose idea of letting loose on the weekend is to go out on a double-date with his wife, her brother and his wife, maybe go to the bowling alley and play a few games while having 2 beers, and then hitting up the Burger King drive-thru on the way home, because they sure as heck don’t want to stay out too late, because that would mean having to pay the babysitter overtime.

Seriously - if you have never spent a night with your boys, strippers, booze, and weed, I kind of feel bad for you. And if you’re going to argue that Pierce was stupid for doing it on IG live and getting fired for it - chances are good that you forgot that the Truth made almost $200 million (not including endorsements) over his NBA career. Whatever ESPN was paying him is probably what it would feel like for an average joe to be paid less than half of whatever minimum wage is. Would you work for minimum wage after retiring from your primary job? I hope you wouldn’t.

Listen. He's a professional. Not very smart to tweet that out. That makes ESPN look bad. If I was Instagram living that my company would send me packing too.

There are things you can't do, especially as an older person who is in the public light representing the company. If ESPN President was doing that, he would have been kicked to the curb too.

That's just the way it is. Doesn't mean he is toxic.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#117 » by greenroom31 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:36 pm

Interesting thread in that it exposes different posters' moral hot buttons, and there is very little overlap. Here's the different takes I've read so far:

- Weed is the problem, not concerned with the women
- Women are the problem, not concerned with the weed
- Both are ok, but only if he was single
- Both are ok, but only if he didn't have kids
- Both are ok, but not to post on social media
- He's a role model so none of this is ok regardless of wife/kids
- It's all ok, let Pierce do his thing

I don't have a moralistic view as I don't purport to know the relationship he has with his wife, but as a father I wouldn't post this stuff anywhere my kids would be able to see it/have to hear about it. Not the end of the world though. From an employment perspective he had to know Disney wouldn't let this fly however.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,131

Post#118 » by druggas » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:45 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I feel like the people who are so appalled by this are the same type of dudes whose idea of letting loose on the weekend is to go out on a double-date with his wife, her brother and his wife, maybe go to the bowling alley and play a few games while having 2 beers, and then hitting up the Burger King drive-thru on the way home, because they sure as heck don’t want to stay out too late, because that would mean having to pay the babysitter overtime.

If you want to do stupid things on your time, just don't use social media or there might be consequences.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#119 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:49 pm

druggas wrote:

If you want to do stupid things on your time, just don't use social media or there might be consequences.

I mean Paul Pierce is a grown man, he is responsible for his own actions and the consequences that come with his actions. Broadcasting it live though is just plain stupid.
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#120 » by timpiker » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:58 pm

I like PP a lot but how can he be so stupid?

Return to Boston Celtics