ImageImageImage

The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Re: The Ben Simmons Megathread - Part IV 

Post#1841 » by Zumramania » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:32 pm

But Ben has to start shooting in-game threes at some point, right? Otherwise, he would be wasting time drilling all those threes in training and he does not seem like someone who wastes time like that. I wonder when this will be. Next season? The season after that? IMO, the problem with him is not that he doesn't improve, he does improve but very slowly and he improves more in things he is already good in (defense).
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1842 » by nitocobola » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:18 pm

Zumramania wrote:But Ben has to start shooting in-game threes at some point, right?

Spoiler:
he won't
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,399

Post#1843 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:44 pm

Zumramania wrote:the problem with him is not that he doesn't improve, he does improve but very slowly and he improves more in things he is already good in (defense).

You’re eligible to the max contract if..
1.) DPOY
2.) MVP
3.) All NBA Team

Im guessing he has chosen number 1.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1844 » by DCasey91 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 7:57 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:If he lacks the internal motivation to be great, nothing external will motivate him either.

I do agree however that the organization should've held out on making him a cornerstone of the team, because now it's unable to pivot in response to his lack of development.

There is only one thing that motivates Simmons... and it is absolutely no coincidence that for the last 4 years that the only time he starts becoming aggressive in games is when All-Star voting is about to start. Every year is like groundhog day. He starts off being passive... then the all-star game comes and he tries... and then he goes back to being passive and a liability in the playoffs. People should have waken up to it by now and accept that nothing will ever change.

Just came back to see if I was right 2 months later. Yeah I was right.

When will people wake up to him... it was blindingly obvious when he said his best coach was his high school coach Kevin Boylan because he was always on his back and pushing to motivating him which he admitted he needs. A professional basketball who has no motivation. The only thing that motivates Simmons is making money, playing video games, hanging out with Lebron at all-star games and sleeping with instawhores. The dude is a mental midget... and nobody short of coach Pop screaming at him and benching his ass on the bench will ever get anything out of him.

100% won’t be the first and won’t be the last. Wealth, Fame, Status, and your base level is good enough to be an All Star/All NBA def? Haha he doesn’t need development he thinks he’s great already
At some point
Though the facade has to play mind games on ones own psyche especially one with a huge ego (sportsmen in general need that). Smoke and mirrors

He’s put up jaw dropping stat lines in his rookie year. So the best player in the comp potential/ceiling was very realistic for him. Never kicked on and catered too instead

Might be the biggest blunder in all of this catering to one side vs the actual best player on the team

If you want a break point of to see what he’s made of.

When shoot around starts before every game or at practice just say to Ben no need for you to be here just rock up 15mins before a game stretched and ready to go your wasting your time and everybody’s too it’s okay. If that doesn’t smack in someone in the face and light a fire then nothing will.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1845 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:26 am

Morey knows he can’t build a 3pt heavy team like the Rox with this team. So he’s doing a heavy favor in points per FGA squad.

Biid, Ben, Tobi, Shake, Seth, Milton and Green all fit into this category.

So dont expect Ben to take those 3s, and its with a good purpose
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1846 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:19 am

Read on Twitter
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,959

Post#1847 » by Murray_17 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:12 pm

Yeah, even if you take the scoring aside.

Ben is averaging the most TO and the least assists of his career. He's getting worse as a playmaker and that's worrying for a guy who see himself as a PG.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,693

Post#1848 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:03 pm

I mean people have to hit shots for him to get assists and Danny (and maybe Furk) seems to be the only quick trigger guy we have atm. So thats not a surprise. The TOs come from him again taking his foot off the gas and telegraphing his passes. Cassell has to let him know that he has to keep the defense guessing.

But again it feels like his knee is holding him back a bit. He is taking a lot of under the rim reaching layups which with his ass touch, is not going to work.

but again again...this is where even thinking about taking jumpers would help as well.

Lowkey and perhaps stupidly, I almost like it when Ben is struggling because his excuse of "well my way works because imma point gawd" stops being valid. Just like Embiid realizing that posting up all dee time wasn't going to get it done after getting swept, he came back with a more face up approach.

We will see how he responds.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,405

Post#1849 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:27 pm

Mik317 wrote:I mean people have to hit shots for him to get assists and Danny (and maybe Furk) seems to be the only quick trigger guy we have atm. So thats not a surprise. The TOs come from him again taking his foot off the gas and telegraphing his passes. Cassell has to let him know that he has to keep the defense guessing.

But again it feels like his knee is holding him back a bit. He is taking a lot of under the rim reaching layups which with his ass touch, is not going to work.

but again again...this is where even thinking about taking jumpers would help as well.

Lowkey and perhaps stupidly, I almost like it when Ben is struggling because his excuse of "well my way works because imma point gawd" stops being valid. Just like Embiid realizing that posting up all dee time wasn't going to get it done after getting swept, he came back with a more face up approach.

We will see how he responds.

Ben wakes up every morning and sings his national anthem. "I did it my Way!" I am almost sure he will respond by continuing to do things his way. But I hope I am wrong.

** For those of you that don't know.

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,966

Post#1850 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:31 am

Had this in the game thread, but maybe this is a better place.

Feel horrible about his sister. Don't want to make this about Ben, but it provides us with context about what he's going through.

So this is why Ben has been having issues (where he said there's a lot going on right now). His half-brother who he's very close to (Sean Tribe I believe), molested his sister since she was 3. Yeah that's definitely got to mess with you a bit. Glad to know it's not the knee. Horrible to hear what happened to his sister. This is probably rocking Ben's world right now. I believe Ben just bought him a brand new car recently.

Unless there is a different half-brother. I believe this is the guy who trained him also. So given that they have that bond, it has to mess with your psyche that the person who trained you all your life, molested your sister as a little girl.

From a deleted tweet, I heard that Liv confirmed it was not the other brother Liam. So it is Sean Tribe.

Click on the tweet below to see a thread of tweet's from Ben's biological sister.

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1851 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:46 am

That is some crazy stuff.

I pray for his family to settle it privately and eventually get through this crisis.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1852 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:55 am

Yeah this stuff is no joke bad here. This sort of stuff even though it’s taboo does happen. Terrible news

Always has my sneaky suspicion with Ben even before this year that something real serious was up.

knew a dude that had a sister with the same type of scenario. I knew him but he’s been at peace for years. He was never the same after he found out. The next two years was like seeing a shell of a person. It’s very sad.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he took time off

Get well Ben’s sister and the family.
Philly2good
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#1853 » by Philly2good » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:04 am

Maybe y'all lay off him for a bit
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,966

Post#1854 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:16 am

Liv liked a tweet asking if it was Sean Tribe.Image

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1855 » by Tomjas » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:28 am

Was obvious something was up

Families....
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#1856 » by kio80 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:Liv liked a tweet asking if it was Sean Tribe.Image

Why does she need to ask her family for therapy? Couldn’t she just go to therapy?
I doubt the credibility of Liv a little... molested since the age of 3? That Sean guy has got to be really really **** messed up if that’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#1857 » by downtownpie » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:18 am

Since 3 and no one in the family knew or did anything?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1858 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:22 am

downtownpie wrote:Since 3 and no one in the family knew or did anything?

Hard for us to know because this is a private issue.

But if I have to guess, they knew by reading between the lines of Liz’ action and tweets

But then.. liz’s has shaky credibility and I find her to like to seek for public attention.

Personally, I’d rather settle it privately and not drag it out in the public. But then we dont really know the extent of the issue.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1859 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:42 am

kio80 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Liv liked a tweet asking if it was Sean Tribe.Image

Why does she need to ask her family for therapy? Couldn’t she just go to therapy?
I doubt the credibility of Liv a little... molested since the age of 3? That Sean guy has got to be really really **** messed up if that’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to this sort of taboo it isn’t the most rarest thing to happen in family. Secrets like this kept hidden for ages. Because of the status of Ben I guess the therapy stuff was up in the air keeping out of public’s eye. Now it’s out in public media
**** thing about media is how they’ll treat this one.
For me this is certainly off limits.
Who knows it’s just a bad situation all around.

The collateral though can be just as worse so hopefully it’ll come to a resolution/closure/separation etc etc.
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#1860 » by notericjr » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:47 am

Just so people know - Liam was the guy that was working for the sixers temporarily as Ben's shooting coach. He's not the one she's referring to here. She's referring to Sean.

Sean is basically Ben's manager/full time assistant, he's constantly with Ben (almost every day) so he's probably Ben's closest confidant - as someone else mentioned, Ben recently bought him a car for his birthday.

Olivia does have a history talking lot of you know what, but she's never said anything like this. She just tweeted about her mom having her on the pill since 11 - what the actual ****? This family clearly has some issues they need to knuckle out.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers