ImageImage

Jrue Agrees to 4/135-160 Extension

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Re: Jrue Agrees to 4/160 Extension 

Post#281 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:05 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I wonder if you polled NBA players, where'd they rank Jrue versus Lowry. They all seem to say very good things about Jrue.

I tried to find it for you, but there was a video, maybe posted by the Bucks twitter account (or maybe they retweeted it?) that had guys like Durant and a couple of others talking about how they thought Jrue was the best defender and super underrated. I'll dig a bit for it later, but sure seems like the league thinks extremely highly of Jrue.

This isn't exactly what I was talking about but if you want to know what players think of him, thought it was interesting

Read on Twitter

Murdock found it below.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#282 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:09 pm

:D

Improve the roster to convince Giannis to stay - check
Extend Jrue - check
Win title - Lets GOOOOOOOOOOO
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,461

Post#283 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:14 pm

M-C-G wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I wonder if you polled NBA players, where'd they rank Jrue versus Lowry. They all seem to say very good things about Jrue.

I tried to find it for you, but there was a video, maybe posted by the Bucks twitter account (or maybe they retweeted it?) that had guys like Durant and a couple of others talking about how they thought Jrue was the best defender and super underrated. I'll dig a bit for it later, but sure seems like the league thinks extremely highly of Jrue.

Read on Twitter
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#284 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:28 pm

After skimming 15 pages it looks like this deal is universally loved. Like 95/5. Compare that to the Trade thread and it seems Jrue has made quite an impression in a half seasons worth of games where he also had to battle COVID in the middle of a freaking pandemic. Welcome to the good side, folks.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#285 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I've literally said that I've always thought Holiday was overrated, he's never been close to a Top-15 player in the league, am not exactly comfortable paying him $30+ million per year, and I would have said all that exact same **** about Kyle Lowry. That doesn't mean I'm gonna scoff at retaining him when the alternative is losing him in free agency for nothing.

But I guess you thought that digging up those old posts was some "gotcha" moment, huh?
It was a gotcha moment. You were just ground into dust. Mediocre starting point guard albatross at 26 million but "not exactly comfortable paying him 30+ million?" There's not a change in verbiage there at all. Keep at it with your unsubstantiated "I'm right you're wrong!" arguments tho!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#286 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:39 pm

I think Draymond Green is overrated as **** too but if it was either, "pay him 4-yrs $100 million to play with Giannis" or "lose him and gain zero cap room", then the choice is pretty clear. But hey, keep being keyboard mad contrarian at something that even people who aren't fans of Jrue Holiday universally agree was a no-brainer extension. It's like the people who were/are wrong about Middleton all over again.

:dontknow:
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#287 » by glenn » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:48 pm

Nope, sorry Ron. You’re dust now. Dust!
:reporter:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#288 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:07 pm

:lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#289 » by Prez » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:22 pm

skones wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I've literally said that I've always thought Holiday was overrated, he's never been close to a Top-15 player in the league, am not exactly comfortable paying him $30+ million per year, and I would have said all that exact same **** about Kyle Lowry. That doesn't mean I'm gonna scoff at retaining him when the alternative is losing him in free agency for nothing.

But I guess you thought that digging up those old posts was some "gotcha" moment, huh?
It was a gotcha moment. You were just ground into dust. Mediocre starting point guard albatross at 26 million but "not exactly comfortable paying him 30+ million?" There's not a change in verbiage there at all. Keep at it with your unsubstantiated "I'm right you're wrong!" arguments tho!

:rofl: dawg this isn’t that serious
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#290 » by buckboy » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:25 pm

Skones makes tons of great statistics-based arguments. But the delivery needs work.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#291 » by crkone » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:29 pm

Prez wrote:
skones wrote:

Like we can't find some hypocritical **** on everyone here. Skones has a target on his back now.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
skones
RealGM

Post#292 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:31 pm

Prez wrote:
skones wrote:

Tell that to spidey.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#293 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:31 pm

Prez wrote:
skones wrote:

I can picture him jumping up and fist pumping when he hit submit. 'FINISH HIM!

No matter how I think you slice this, when we gave up what we did, you knew we were going to extend him. The fact we got it for under what I suspect he would have gotten on the open market is great. Deal with the rest later, lock it in, and let's go win a championship or get a new coach!
skones
RealGM

Post#294 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:40 pm

M-C-G wrote:

No matter how I think you slice this, when we gave up what we did, you knew we were going to extend him. The fact we got it for under what I suspect he would have gotten on the open market is great. Deal with the rest later, lock it in, and let's go win a championship or get a new coach!

"Knew we were going to extend him" doesn't make it a good decision. Nor does this have any impact on Milwaukee going to "win a championship" or "get a new coach." The issue is not the numbers in a vacuum. The issue is the recklessness in refusing to learn from Milwaukee's past construction mistakes.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#295 » by aboveAverage » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:47 pm

Jrue might very well make that rare late stage career improvement that will make this contract look like a bargain. He has the tools and mindset to get there.
skones
RealGM

Post#296 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:50 pm

buckboy wrote:Skones makes tons of great statistics-based arguments. But the delivery needs work.

I happen to think others' delivery is exceptionally poor when they refuse to acknowledge plainly obvious truths supported by an enormous amount of data because of deeply engrained homerism. Delivery is poor when both the logic and reason boil down to nothing more than "just because I say so." Then there's the audacity to refuse to acknowledge pretty plain hypocrisy in consistently characterizing one player as a "PLAYOFF CHOKER!" while being less than two years removed from characterizing the player being defended as "mediocre" or an "albatross?" Both of those things are wildly outdated takes.The narrative changes one way without history actually at its side but not the other with history at its. If you're going to call one guy a playoff choker, you should probably call the other guy a total loser for two playoff appearances in 7 years.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#297 » by M-C-G » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:17 pm

skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

"Knew we were going to extend him" doesn't make it a good decision. Nor does this have any impact on Milwaukee going to "win a championship" or "get a new coach." The issue is not the numbers in a vacuum. The issue is the recklessness in refusing to learn from Milwaukee's past construction mistakes.

Go find an argument elsewhere.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#298 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:42 pm

Yep. The issue of whether you liked the trade and the issue of his contract extension are two different topics.

Since we've already purchased the Jrue House at a buyer's premium, I'm not going to simply walk away from it nine months later at a big loss. We're invested. Time to win a title.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#299 » by soxperry » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:55 pm

Love that the Bucks org decided to just shower Jrue with love on social media. I feel like thats the kind of thing he'll respond to, same with Khris when he got his first sll star. Positive reinforcement.

Now they need to talk **** to Bobby and PJ during the playoffs and theyll be on to something.
skones
RealGM

Post#300 » by skones » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:01 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Go find an argument elsewhere.

I can picture yourself thinking you were v smart and funny with the fist pump comment.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks