Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Re: Game 47: Chicago Bulls at Phoenix Suns, Wednesday, March 31st, 7pm 

Post#241 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 8:37 pm

wheezy wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
It's happened with several posters. At least 4 off the top of my head...and I'm sure more. 3 have current accounts now and 2 are posting ok, but if this is truly the same poster it is odd, because despite some bad posts in the past, the other account is posting pretty good posts.

Then again, Qwigglez matches about 20 other people on realgm, including other mods....who I think all work at the same place, so things like that can happen too.

Oh, that is much more likely then - or something like this. You'd really have to be a bit crazy to have two accounts on a message board and use one for trolling only, while make normal posts with the other. :D

And yet it is kind of common on instagram.

And on twitter with KD and Bryan Colangelo.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#242 » by Revived » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:17 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:I get kings4win and king4day confused every now and then lol. One is a Kings fan that’s trolling us for some unknown odd reason and the other is loyal Suns fan and poster that contributes to good discussions.

kings4win btw is the guy that posted about how Booker is a complete empty stats guy and then created a thread on this Suns forum about how we should trade Paul for Westbrook lmao :lol:

Given the way Westbrook has been playing I did wonder if Paul retired after next year what our team would be with Westbrook. He is really balling lately. I posted that statline of 35, 21 assists and 14 boards. Almost led them to a win against a good team without Beal.

Would help with our rebounding.

It's interesting this user has a matching IP with another Suns poster.

I think Westbrook gets overhated by nba fans in general but I don’t trust his decision making in crunch time like I do with CP3. It’s more evident in the playoffs. I also don’t think Westbrook’s game will age well.

And that’s interesting, to go from Suns fan to a Kings fan...right in time when the Suns finally become good.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#243 » by Revived » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:30 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:Patrick Williams has a nice future in this league. Booker cooked him cause I don’t think he’s ready for that type of a matchup yet especially for a full game but he’ll be a solid defender vs other PFs soon. I like his game, Bulls just need to get a PG and they can finish their rebuild quicker if Lavine stays healthy. I like Rubio a lot for them.

Read on Twitter

That particular play was fantastic, but he is RAW.

He scored well last night, but he usually can not score because he is a bit lost on offense.

And defensively he was one of the bigger reasons why Book scored 45 points on 24 shots. He could not handle him at all, Temple would have done a way better job on Book than him.

I would say that Jalen Smith is probably as ready as Patrick Williams, but we can not find it out because we are a serious winning team that are not trying to develop rookies.

Eh I think that’s a stretch. Williams was playing solid mins for them when they were hovering around .500. And of course he’s a PF, I have no idea why their coach thought it would be good idea to start so many bigs and then have a rookie PF defend an elite level scorer Booker. Booker would probably cook 99% of PFs in the league if they were guarding him for a whole game, much less a rookie.

I know Jalen looked good in G league but fact that he can’t at all break the rotation at all even in a tiny bench role tells me he’s more raw than Williams imo. I mean we have a guy that we picked up for free in the middle of the season in Torrey Craig playing over Jalen.

Jalen looked really good in the G league but I think if he was capable of even somewhat similar play at the NBA level, then the Suns probably wouldn’t even traded for Craig. As a top 10 pick, I think the Suns would’ve been fine with playing Jalen Smith over the likes of Nader, Craig or even Kaminsky (from earlier in the season) if Smith was ready.

Btw the Craig trade was fantastic and he’s been balling out since getting traded so this isn’t about him as much just saying how raw Smith still is. I still have hopes of Jalen being a good player for us someday but right now he must not look playable at all in practice.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,798

Post#244 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:59 pm

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:Patrick Williams has a nice future in this league. Booker cooked him cause I don’t think he’s ready for that type of a matchup yet especially for a full game but he’ll be a solid defender vs other PFs soon. I like his game, Bulls just need to get a PG and they can finish their rebuild quicker if Lavine stays healthy. I like Rubio a lot for them.

Read on Twitter

That particular play was fantastic, but he is RAW.

He scored well last night, but he usually can not score because he is a bit lost on offense.

And defensively he was one of the bigger reasons why Book scored 45 points on 24 shots. He could not handle him at all, Temple would have done a way better job on Book than him.

I would say that Jalen Smith is probably as ready as Patrick Williams, but we can not find it out because we are a serious winning team that are not trying to develop rookies.

Eh I think that’s a stretch. Williams was playing solid mins for them when they were hovering around .500. And of course he’s a PF, I have no idea why their coach thought it would be good idea to start so many bigs and then have a rookie PF defend an elite level scorer Booker. Booker would probably cook 99% of PFs in the league if they were guarding him for a whole game, much less a rookie.

I know Jalen looked good in G league but fact that he can’t at all break the rotation at all even in a tiny bench role tells me he’s more raw than Williams imo. I mean we have a guy that we picked up for free in the middle of the season in Torrey Craig playing over Jalen.

Jalen looked really good in the G league but I think if he was capable of even somewhat similar play at the NBA level, then the Suns probably wouldn’t even traded for Craig. As a top 10 pick, I think the Suns would’ve been fine with playing Jalen Smith over the likes of Nader, Craig or even Kaminsky (from earlier in the season) if Smith was ready.

Btw the Craig trade was fantastic and he’s been balling out since getting traded so this isn’t about him as much just saying how raw Smith still is. I still have hopes of Jalen being a good player for us someday but right now he must not look playable at all in practice.

Patrick Williams on the Suns would not play over Crowder, Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges and T. Craig... so he would play probably as much as Jalen Smith is playing.

Craig is a savvy veteran who can help you to win games more than any raw rookie as Williams or Smith.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#245 » by Blonde » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:38 pm

Jalen Smith went to the G League to show what he can do and did not stand out amongst the competition there. In fact, he played pretty poorly. He’s not ready for an NBA rotation even on bad teams at this point, and might not ever be.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#246 » by RunDogGun » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:21 pm

Blonde wrote:Jalen Smith went to the G League to show what he can do and did not stand out amongst the competition there. In fact, he played pretty poorly. He’s not ready for an NBA rotation even on bad teams at this point, and might not ever be.

He played 6 games averaging 16 mins a game from the bench. Since its not our GLeague team, there isn't any reason for a coach to play him many minutes or include him in significant rotations.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#247 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 6:36 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Blonde wrote:Jalen Smith went to the G League to show what he can do and did not stand out amongst the competition there. In fact, he played pretty poorly. He’s not ready for an NBA rotation even on bad teams at this point, and might not ever be.

He played 6 games averaging 16 mins a game from the bench. Since its not our GLeague team, there isn't any reason for a coach to play him many minutes or include him in significant rotations.

Not even so much that it's not our G league team, but these teams have legit players and teams that have developed chemistry and they are trying to work on winning the G league as well. If a guy that hasn't played with them suddenly comes down, inserting him into a lineup that already has chemistry isn't going to necessarily work all that well...they probably don't incorporate him much into the offense and he isn't used to playing with them either.

If he got extended time with the Suns he would look better because he practices with these guys daily. The problem is when he does get in it's for a few minutes with others (mostly guards handling the ball) who don't get playing time and these guys are more out to prove they deserve time than to get Jalen the ball.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#248 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:58 pm

I don't follow G-League too much but isn't it pretty normal for G-League teams to play lottery picks a ton of minutes in a handful of games they are down there? I always looked at G-League and the Summer league a similar way for young guys, it doesn't actually mean a ton if they are super productive because if you're NBA talent, it should be expected but it does say a lot if you're not producing at either levels, especially lotto picks.

I dunno about Jalen Smith. On paper, he's the kinda guy we could use and but the fact that half the season is already in the books and he has played less than 2 NBA games worth of minutes is a bit concerning. Not concerning for us and our rotation heading into the playoffs but more so whether he's actually an NBA player. I get that it's not the Suns team of yesteryear where we're playing undeserving rookies starter minutes but being pretty underwhelming in the g-league as well is not a good sign.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#249 » by RunDogGun » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:18 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:I don't follow G-League too much but isn't it pretty normal for G-League teams to play lottery picks a ton of minutes in a handful of games they are down there? I always looked at G-League and the Summer league a similar way for young guys, it doesn't actually mean a ton if they are super productive because if you're NBA talent, it should be expected but it does say a lot if you're not producing at either levels, especially lotto picks.

I dunno about Jalen Smith. On paper, he's the kinda guy we could use and but the fact that half the season is already in the books and he has played less than 2 NBA games worth of minutes is a bit concerning. Not concerning for us and our rotation heading into the playoffs but more so whether he's actually an NBA player. I get that it's not the Suns team of yesteryear where we're playing undeserving rookies starter minutes but being pretty underwhelming in the g-league as well is not a good sign.

I think it was easier when we had a GLeague team affiliated with the team, where coaches could chat and players on two way contracts and rookies could go there and get minutes. We could pull players up, and even sign one or two to two way contracts during the season if needed.

I am not too worried about Jalen, for I didn't expect him to get many minutes this season. He missed a bunch of games with an injury and then catching Covid. Getting garbage minutes the whole season and only 6 games on a non affiliated G League team is tough to evaluate. From what I have seen, he is still adjusting to being a little fish in a big pond, and with his smaller frame, is easily moved by guys he will be guarding. I like his work ethic and skill set, but I don't see him getting minutes that could help us come playoff time.

One thing I do like, is we are finally a team with solid team chemistry and a better culture for young players to develop. Practicing with the guys we have on this roster, he should learn quickly how to play solid NBA basketball.

Return to Phoenix Suns