Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Bench "Kelly Mother****ing Oubre" 

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:05 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:It’s just Jr. showing his confidence, you guys read too much into it...

Tongue in cheek?

It not, this isn't about Oubre showing confidence by saying he wants to have the largest role possible. This is Andrew Bogut reporting that a player on the team has been offended enough by Oubre's statement essentially refusing to come off the.bench behind Klay Thompson or his CURRENT TEAMMATE Andrew Wiggins, to have chastised Oubre to his face.

Think about ehatbhebrraooy said, during a season and a playoff pursuit, not post season, not during his free agency, but while suiting up next to these guys he said "I want this at your expense." And that really is what he said. Either he wants to pull Wiggins card and take his spot, or he is saying "eff Klay Thompson and his gimpy legs," or he is saying, "Im out. I won't be back and screw the cap implications to the guys I will be leaving behind, but don't let it affect how wenkay together this year, it's all good, right?"

It's an idiot statement to have made and I would be baffled if it didn't cause friction. Draymond chewed his ass off about blown rotations a couple of times last game and he had not be vocally negative towards Oubre prevouoly. Something has changed tone wise. Maybe it's cause by the losing, but maybe it's contributing to the losing.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Bench 

Post#22 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
tarantism wrote:Nor trading this idiot was a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

According to that podcast, it was myers that turned down oubre for ball. Ouch.

Myers must really love oubre.

Seriously you guys.....reportedly the Pelicans wanted the Minny pick. So yeah I’d say no as well. It wasn’t straight up Ball for Oubre. And it certainly wasn’t Ball and a pick for Oubre......I mean use your brains people.

do we know for sure it was the MIN pick? I think even the Pels would know that's a terrible offer, because when the offer was made, Ball's value wasn't what it is today..

I'd have to believe it was our pick, and I still think its a bad idea. And I'm obviously not a fan of Oublander whatsoever. Ball is going to require a big contract and when Klay returns, would need to be a reserve. And until Klay returns, our outside shooting would be pretty poor aside from Curry
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#23 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:16 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:It’s just Jr. showing his confidence, you guys read too much into it...

Confidence becomes cockiness the second you can't back it up.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#24 » by Chupchup » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:15 am

I really don't see how folks are blaming Oubre. It's not like he's pouted or demanded a trade or anything. He's on a 1 year contract and that's what he would like for his role.

It's not like The FO couldn't have traded him during the trade deadline. They seem to continue to believe Oubre is a fit on this team. So the folks that we should be mad at is the FO.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 219

Post#25 » by sonnyhill » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:02 am

Chupchup wrote:I really don't see how folks are blaming Oubre. It's not like he's pouted or demanded a trade or anything. He's on a 1 year contract and that's what he would like for his role.

It's not like The FO couldn't have traded him during the trade deadline. They seem to continue to believe Oubre is a fit on this team. So the folks that we should be mad at is the FO.

The coaching staff should also have some ire directed its way, too.

When Green was injured, why not slip Oubre into the "stretch power forward" spot, get more athletic, and see if the team could generate more offense from the #4 position? Put Poole in at shooting guard with Curry and encourage Oubre to continue to hustle.

Oubre does play hard, goes after rebounds, and plays good defense. His shot selection and ability (or, I mean, inability) to flow within the half-court offense and to set up teammates for open looks is abysmal; but, he does hustle on defense and the team needs that.

Again, if the team could have traded Oubre to NO for Ball and a pick, but decided not to, then Oubre must be someone whom Myers believes can be signed at the end of the season. If not, and Oubre leaves for nothing, then Myers has demonstrated another failing as the GM.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#26 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 am

Chupchup wrote:It's not like The FO couldn't have traded him during the trade deadline. They seem to continue to believe Oubre is a fit on this team. So the folks that we should be mad at is the FO.

People continue to miss the boat on what happened at the trade deadline. We couldn't trade Oubre without making a larger deal that would have broken into our stash of draft assets (including JW as a draft asset.) If you are an opposing GM why on earth would you make a deadline deal with the Warriors this year without plucking a draft asset when you KNOW that the team is up against Steph Curry's contract extension with tremendous pressure to make improvement? The team can not go into next year with two brand new rookies and Wiseman in the rotation. Everyone with a parking spot at an NBA facility knows that the Warriors will have to part with some of that draft cheddar. Why give us the out of making a deal at this early stage without snagging a pick?

Oubre was not tradeable under this circumstance. No team felt any urgency about securing Oubre's bird rights and no team felt that acquiring Oubre was worth NOT acquiring one of our draft assets in a few months.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#27 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:57 am

FNQ wrote:
and1GS wrote:Kelly's on IG saying this is all cap. So take that for what you will.

Either way you trust a player or a former player. I don't think either is that reputable, but pick your sides and ready your pitchforks as you so desire.

I'd trust Bogut as the more bluntly honest type if I had to choose, but I really doubt this would swing anyone from one side or another. If you aren't a fan of Oubre, this is just more confirmation. If you are a fan of Oubre, I think you're already in too deep to pivot at this point

If it's true that someone complained to Oubre about his comments I don't get it. Oubre said, "I can't speak for the future ... but at the end of the day, I'm growing, I'm honing in on my skills in this league and I can offer a lot more than coming off the bench..."

He's not saying he refuses to come off the bench. The guy is trying to get paid so one would expect him to talk himself up. He said what he "can offer" is more than what one can expect from someone "coming off the bench". What is he expected to say? That he's only as good as a bench player? That's not a traditional thing to say if one is looking to land the biggest contract one can.

So I don't know what Bogut heard or if it's accurate but I don't see how anybody on the roster would be offended at anything he said and if they were I hope Oubre politely but firmly set that guys straight.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#28 » by Old_Blue » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:01 am

I don't see any reason whatsoever for Bogut to lie about the matter. We're talking about a really high IQ basketball mind who has a future in coaching should he choose that path. Why would he just make up random stuff? I think the onus is on people calling Bogut a liar.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#29 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:08 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
FNQ wrote:
and1GS wrote:Kelly's on IG saying this is all cap. So take that for what you will.

Either way you trust a player or a former player. I don't think either is that reputable, but pick your sides and ready your pitchforks as you so desire.

I'd trust Bogut as the more bluntly honest type if I had to choose, but I really doubt this would swing anyone from one side or another. If you aren't a fan of Oubre, this is just more confirmation. If you are a fan of Oubre, I think you're already in too deep to pivot at this point

If it's true that someone complained to Oubre about his comments I don't get it. Oubre said, "I can't speak for the future ... but at the end of the day, I'm growing, I'm honing in on my skills in this league and I can offer a lot more than coming off the bench..."

He's not saying he refuses to come off the bench. The guy is trying to get paid so one would expect him to talk himself up. He said what he "can offer" is more than what one can expect from someone "coming off the bench". What is he expected to say? That he's only as good as a bench player? That's not a traditional thing to say if one is looking to land the biggest contract one can.

So I don't know what Bogut heard or if it's accurate but I don't see how anybody on the roster would be offended at anything he said and if they were I hope Oubre politely but firmly set that guys straight.

Based on the precedent of Draymond setting KD on fire for “making the season all about his free agency” Oubre is supposed to defer the question and say he’s focused on doing everything he can to help this team win.

Pretending his statement shouldn’t be offensive to current teammates is obtuse. The implication of his statement has consequences for others on this team right now. He’s either implying he believes he deserves to start over Klay or Wiggins. Or he’s saying he is leaving, which has cap consequences that impacts this team’s ability to improve the roster next year. He should have STFU.

This is a situation where discretion would be the better part of valor, but we are dealing with an individual who appears to be neither discrete nor particularly valorous.

And the statement itself “I have more to offer” is idiotic and self aggrandizing in its face. He has more to offer then Manu Ginobli? More than Iguodala? More than Bill Walton, Kevin McHale? Eric Gordon? James Harden? The f :censored: he does. It was an ignorant sashayed and disrespectful statement and the response from in the locker room was spot on.
F :censored: him in the other ear
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Re: Bench 

Post#30 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:47 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
tarantism wrote:Nor trading this idiot was a huge mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

According to that podcast, it was myers that turned down oubre for ball. Ouch.

Myers must really love oubre.

If that's true, Myers is looking worse and worse now. But this could be lip service to keep KO in check.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#31 » by Chupchup » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:45 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Chupchup wrote:It's not like The FO couldn't have traded him during the trade deadline. They seem to continue to believe Oubre is a fit on this team. So the folks that we should be mad at is the FO.

People continue to miss the boat on what happened at the trade deadline. We couldn't trade Oubre without making a larger deal that would have broken into our stash of draft assets (including JW as a draft asset.) If you are an opposing GM why on earth would you make a deadline deal with the Warriors this year without plucking a draft asset when you KNOW that the team is up against Steph Curry's contract extension with tremendous pressure to make improvement? The team can not go into next year with two brand new rookies and Wiseman in the rotation. Everyone with a parking spot at an NBA facility knows that the Warriors will have to part with some of that draft cheddar. Why give us the out of making a deal at this early stage without snagging a pick?

Oubre was not tradeable under this circumstance. No team felt any urgency about securing Oubre's bird rights and no team felt that acquiring Oubre was worth NOT acquiring one of our draft assets in a few months.

How do you know we couldn't trade Oubre without giving out a pick? Perhaps the Warriors asking price for Oubre was too high? Could we have traded him with his 14.3 mil contract for some Vets to help our bench? From the opposing GM perspective, why would I care about the Warriors situation if the trade helps me? Unless of course you think Oubre is a negative value expiring contract.

What we do know is the Warriors didn't do anything significant during the trade deadline that helped them contend/improve this year. So back to the original thread of people blaming Oubre for not wanting to come off the bench, blame the FO.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#32 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:30 pm

Chupchup wrote:From the opposing GM perspective, why would I care about the Warriors situation if the trade helps me?

#1, yes, I do think Oubre is basically a negative value expiring. He is a free agent, but a risky long term signing because to this point in his career he has be detrimental to team performance metrics.

#2, Of course you care about the Warriors situation if you know the Warriors situation will be weaker in a negotiation just a few months down the road. I mean, that along with the whole ... trying to beat the Warriors in basketball games in the future thing :banghead:
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#33 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm

"I'm just here to help this team win," he said. "Whatever I can do to help this team, that's what I'm gonna do. Staying ready so I don't have to get ready."

I'm sure Oubre's latest comments about coming off the bench will please the board. Whatever was said before, which more and more I think Bogut was misinformed about, has been left in the dust.

One of the best things about this team is the chemistry. When you watch it's clear everyone loves and loves playing with Oubre. Seeing him grab Steph when Steph got T'd up warmed my heart. Oubre's all in with his team and brings it every night.

Rejoice Dubs fans because we're re-signing him and I can't wait because if I had to predict it, he's the sort of guy that would NEVER dog it even after signing a big contract.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#34 » by whatisacenter » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:06 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:"I'm just here to help this team win," he said. "Whatever I can do to help this team, that's what I'm gonna do. Staying ready so I don't have to get ready."

I'm sure Oubre's latest comments about coming off the bench will please the board. Whatever was said before, which more and more I think Bogut was misinformed about, has been left in the dust.

One of the best things about this team is the chemistry. When you watch it's clear everyone loves and loves playing with Oubre. Seeing him grab Steph when Steph got T'd up warmed my heart. Oubre's all in with his team and brings it every night.

Rejoice Dubs fans because we're re-signing him and I can't wait because if I had to predict it, he's the sort of guy that would NEVER dog it even after signing a big contract.

he has looked pretty good coming off the bench the past couple of games and that would be an ideal roll for him on the dubs. I do agree that he is liked by his teammates and he never dogs it.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#35 » by Samurai » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:26 pm

I think I like Oubre coming off the bench more than I did as a starter. He gives us a burst of energy on both offense and defense, which is vital since our second unit needs adrenaline to thrive since they are short on pure talent.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#36 » by Money_ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:31 pm

He came off the bench and played 37 minutes. That's hardly reserve/bench minutes, and the role seems to suit him. energy wise.

If we have Steph, Klay and Wiggins starting and Poole and Oubre coming off the bench, that's a decent amount of scoring power.
They wouldn't have to worry as much when Steph sits.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#37 » by Hopper15 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:58 pm

The chemistry and body language with Oubre, Poole, and Juan appears to be very positive. Playing them alongside Wiggins takes pressure to score off of Andrew. I think Kerr finally stumbled onto something for the stretch drive.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#38 » by WarriorGM » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:24 pm

What are the chances of Oubre coming back next year? If his main concern is salary, the Warriors willing to pay it might convince him playing on the bench is acceptable and take his chances on a team with Klay coming back making him look better for the next time he goes on the market. Would the team want to retain him? If they cannot find anyone clearly better they might. A lot might be determined by if the Warriors make the playoffs and how well they do.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#39 » by xdrta+ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:37 pm

WarriorGM wrote:What are the chances of Oubre coming back next year? If his main concern is salary, the Warriors willing to pay it might convince him playing on the bench is acceptable and take his chances on a team with Klay coming back making him look better for the next time he goes on the market. Would the team want to retain him? If they cannot find anyone clearly better they might. A lot might be determined by if the Warriors make the playoffs and how well they do.

It won't matter if he's coming off the bench, if Oubre finishes the season strong, including the playoffs, say with a bunch of games like last night, to other teams he'll look like an athletic wing who can score and play defense. Exactly the type of player in demand these days, so he'll get offers, no doubt about it. In that situation I'm sure the Warriors would want to keep him, it's just a matter of how much they are willing to pay.

Personally, I don't know why any fan wouldn't want him coming off the bench for the Warriors. Looks pretty good in that role to me.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#40 » by shazam_guy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 pm

I said people were going to start coming around on Oubre by about this point. But since I don't save my old takes to drag out and wave in people's faces, you'll just have to take my word for it.

People should be whispering in his ear, "You can be 6th Man of the Year next year on a really good team (ours) or a starter on a mediocre team and get blamed for the mediocrity."

Return to Golden State Warriors