KD vs Rapoport

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

KD vs Rapoport 

Post#161 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:This is exactly my point.

“Everywhere I go, they keep calling ME the cupcake. How can I LIVE LIKE THIS!?”

The same ridicule that put money in his pocket as a “comedic” career at the expense of someone else’s image, life, etc ...

He deserves everything he’s getting. He thought he could bully an NBA superstar on social media like everyone else and it backfired just as much.

Now, he’s playing the fake sympathy card once again. How does he have a platform?

You all are afraid of saying it? This man tried to exercise his white privilege and thought it would ruin KD’s imagine alone. Guess what? It didn’t make a dent.

That’s what most people who aren’t trying to bite their tongue on an online forum really is thinking when seeing this media tour from this guy.

KD isnt a victim. he is an ignorant child who needs to grow up. being great at basketball doesnt give him a hall pass

You continue to ignore what what said in the majority of my post. Your opinion as usual is irrelevant until it’s addressed.

The DM with Rapaport happened AFTER the Warriors game on opening night which was December 22nd. So, publicly releasing them for sympathy now is pretty pathetic and I could careless how immature KD came off. I haven’t seen a single soul here see the issue with Rapaport and his entire homophobic, ignorant and disrespectful behavior prior to this.

This “shut up and dribble” nonsense isn’t really going to be tolerated in this new generation. That’s why nobody is hating on KD beyond a certain category and skin tone of people. I think some people need to wake up to the fact, not everything is geared towards offending a sexuality of people. I don’t think that’s even up for debate when we haven’t addressed direct terms that started from slavery first. Which is what I literally addressed to you and you ignored it as usual.

The C word originated from female genitalia or other often times used to describe a prostitute or a certain other body part in 1400s. It’s well established in the Angelo-Saxon language as well after. In old Latin, it’s described as little more offensive ‘female pudenda’.

So, please don’t sit here and tell me some nonsense about 100 years ago when slavery was less than that. Caribbean slavery harsher than taught. I’m all for the lack of use on degrading language but I’m not okay with trying to flip terms without proper education and just made up facts. Nobody uses it to disrespect homosexuality or with homophobic intent. Generational curses need to be broken with facts, not agendas or misinformation.

It’s also insulting to gay people in my family or elsewhere who are actually realistic and don’t pick and choose when to be outraged by political agendas. It does become a color barrier and cultural conversation that nobody has the balls to have.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,535

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#162 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:46 pm

Paradise wrote:I know he doesn’t want to go into the actual 100 year history of “buck breaking” ...which actually happened and why homosexuality has a different context to other people of color. I’m sure that’s okay, though.

Just wanted to touch upon this a bit since you brought it up.

I'm West Indian like you are and I know full well about the horrors that our enslaved ancestors went through with buck breaking, and the rampant homophobia in Caribbean cultures that is a direct result of it.

However, I often see it being used as an excuse for homophobia in our shared cultures and violence against homosexual folks today and I seriously cannot get down with the use of our ancestors being raped as an excuse as to why a lot of folks behave the way they behave...lashing out at innocent Black gay men because white slave owners behaved like deranged animals is wrong.

I'm not saying you do this mind you, but I have seen people bring this up before, as if it makes homophobia excusable within the context of our cultures. It pisses me off because everyone, especially Black folks of any sexuality, should be free to live their lives without someone wanting to abuse or kill them because of who they are attracted to.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#163 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:55 pm

The same ridicule that put money in his pocket as a “comedic” career at the expense of someone else’s image, life, etc ...

He deserves everything he’s getting. He thought he could bully an NBA superstar on social media like everyone else and it backfired just as much.

Now, he’s playing the fake sympathy card once again. How does he have a platform?

You all are afraid of saying it? This man tried to exercise his white privilege and thought it would ruin KD’s imagine alone. Guess what? It didn’t make a dent.

That’s what most people who aren’t trying to bite their tongue on an online forum really is thinking when seeing this media tour from this guy.

Rapport is an manipulative ass hole. He KNEW what releasing those DMs would do and now he's trying to play victim. He tried to **** KD over and it backfired on him, so now he's pulling the woe is me life is hard now BS.

Typical.

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#164 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:57 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Rapport is an manipulative ass hole. He KNEW what releasing those DMs would do and now he's trying to play victim. He tried to **** KD over and it backfired on him, so now he's pulling the woe is me life is hard now BS.

Typical.

1. Nice crying act in the beginning, but he's not a very good actor because he forgot the tears.

2. Later he admitted that he LIED earlier in the interview as he was fishing for sympathy.

3. He doesn't even have the balls to admit the truth, that his biggest regret and the reason he's being shunned, almost definitely by other NBA players whom he used to be friendly with, is because he didn't realize the degree to which releasing those private DM's and making them public was going to change the perception of him to an untrustworthy snitch. His prior relationships with NBA players, and pro athletes in general, is DONE.

4. Lastly, he won't even admit he was a jealous Knicks fan who held a grudge because KD (Kyrie and Harden) all chose the Nets over the Knicks, so a part of the reason why he set-out to hurt KD was vindictiveness.
Paradise

KD vs Rapoport 

Post#165 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:I know he doesn’t want to go into the actual 100 year history of “buck breaking” ...which actually happened and why homosexuality has a different context to other people of color. I’m sure that’s okay, though.

I'm West Indian like you are and I know full well about the horrors that our enslaved ancestors went through with buck breaking, and the rampant homophobia in Caribbean cultures that is a direct result of it.

However, I often see it being used as an excuse for homophobia in our shared cultures and violence against homosexual folks today and I seriously cannot get down with the use of our ancestors being raped as an excuse as to why a lot of folks behave the way they behave...lashing out at innocent Black gay men because white slave owners behaved like deranged animals is wrong.

I'm not saying you do this mind you, but I have seen people bring this up before, as if it makes homophobia excusable within the context of our cultures. It pisses me off because everyone, especially Black folks of any sexuality, should be free to live their lives without someone wanting to abuse or kill them because of who they are attracted to.

Again. Homophobia is based off of fear. This isn’t that. It’s insulting to people who deal with the real version of it, I have those in my family and trying to create something out of nothing by claiming everyone agrees isn’t acceptable either. Not every gay person agrees with it. It’s based off of cultural relations. I have multiple homosexual cousins who find this entire outrage as disingenuous. Why? They don’t believe it’s a real form of homophobia and they believe this is taking away from their own struggles as black men and women being gay.

Trying to say this offends every gay person is a slap in the face. Period. They see this as a white privileged moment vs being black and gay in America knowing they won’t ever have a sympathy card to use to the media like this clown Rapaport. It’s more race and religion related than sexuality orientation. I’m pretty sure you know what I mean by religion and race.

You’re my dude but I’m not going to sit here and allow people to downplay the root of the issue based on the LBTQ side of it that most don’t even understand.The racial, cultural and ethnicity side has a HUGE part to it.
Paradise

KD vs Rapoport 

Post#166 » by Paradise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:48 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Typical.

1. Nice crying act in the beginning, but he's not a very good actor because he forgot the tears.

2. Later he admitted that he LIED earlier in the interview as he was fishing for sympathy.

3. He doesn't even have the balls to admit the truth, that his biggest regret and the reason he's being shunned, almost definitely by other NBA players whom he used to be friendly with, is because he didn't realize the degree to which releasing those private DM's and making them public was going to change the perception of him to an untrustworthy snitch. His prior relationships with NBA players, and pro athletes in general, is DONE.

4. Lastly, he won't even admit he was a jealous Knicks fan who held a grudge because KD (Kyrie and Harden) all chose the Nets over the Knicks, so a part of the reason why he set-out to hurt KD was vindictiveness.

Bingo.

He confirmed the DM’s were from the December 22nd week on opening night which means he waited to sue him, waited for him to respond to it, then leaked it all publicly.

He also basically said he thought everyone would be in his corner because of the “legendary” Knicks fan he is...but woke up to his entire neighborhood looking at him like a complete loser and his sad sack of an ego couldn’t handle the reality that nobody agrees with how he handled the situation. At all. Oh, the horror of the entire Flatiron District laughing at your behavior.

Truth is, Micheal Rapaport has made an entire living off of trying to act like the ‘cool’ white guy who gets invited to the ‘black cookout’ and has no way of dealing with being exposed as who he truly is. Most black folks have canceled his ass and rightfully so.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#167 » by xinxin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:51 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
xinxin wrote:KD needs to see a shrink. Or get a better manager. Got suckered into this spat with rapaport. Not even worth it.

& the Nets fans who are defending KD, if the guy was a Laker/Clipper / Sixer, would you still say this is nothing?

NBA should not tolerate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does he need to see a shrink ? Lmfaoo! This is who KD is. He’s always going to be sensitive. Just this one time he got caught saying some wild stuff. I’m pretty sure he’ll be more careful who he talks to like that next time but the language he used will always be in him.

I just saw Rapaport’s interview. Looks like they deserve each other. & whatever fallout they both get, they earned it.

But yeah, looks like there’s really nothing here except rapaport desperate for attention. My bad for even feeling some sympathy for him.

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#168 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:37 pm

Paradise wrote:Truth is, Micheal Rapaport has made an entire living off of trying to act like the ‘cool’ white guy who gets invited to the ‘black cookout’ and has no way of dealing with being exposed as who he truly is. Most black folks have canceled his ass and rightfully so.

NAILED IT :nod:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#169 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:45 pm

Rapaport is a scum parasite ahole. that was never in question.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#170 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:39 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Again. Homophobia is based off of fear. This isn’t that. It’s insulting to people who deal with the real version of it, I have those in my family and trying to create something out of nothing by claiming everyone agrees isn’t acceptable either. Not every gay person agrees with it. It’s based off of cultural relations. I have multiple homosexual cousins who find this entire outrage as disingenuous. Why? They don’t believe it’s a real form of homophobia and they believe this is taking away from their own struggles as black men and women being gay.

Trying to say this offends every gay person is a slap in the face. Period. They see this as a white privileged moment vs being black and gay in America knowing they won’t ever have a sympathy card to use to the media like this clown Rapaport. It’s more race and religion related than sexuality orientation. I’m pretty sure you know what I mean by religion and race.

You’re my dude but I’m not going to sit here and allow people to downplay the root of the issue based on the LBTQ side of it that most don’t even understand.The racial, cultural and ethnicity side has a HUGE part to it.

No one said this, and I know that Rappaport is trying to run behind his white male privilege to cover for the fact that he's a dirtbag for releasing those DMs. He's actually looking even worse now when he tried to play victim on Skip and Shannon, you could see the racist crap that he's trying to pull here.

We did however, have a gay person come into this thread and they said they find the word offensive. That's all I need to know, personally. It's not up to me or you to dictate who should be offended and who should not be, we aren't members of the LGBTQA community. This is my point entirely: It is not your call, nor is it mine. To dictate what people should be offended by when they are a marginalized group is oppressive behavior, this is like a white man telling me and you that we shouldn't fly off the handle and beat a white dude's ass because he called us a pack of n words. You know how that feels when they try to tell us what how we should feel about how they treat us like ****. I think the same thing applies here. As a straight man, a member of the majority group that lends to the oppression of homosexual men (especially in our communities), it is not my place to tell anyone within the gay community how they should interpret Kevin Durant's words, but I do think he should have apologized to those who he may have disappointed or hurt. That's all. I have gay family members and friends as well and if they are offended by what KD said, fine. If they aren't, fine. It's not my place to dictate their feelings to them.

And yes, I know the racial and religious roots of all of this and I believe that our roots do not give any of us a pass for treating gay and lesbian Black people like "the others" or condemning them because their sexuality is different from our own. I find Black folks that use Christianity as a cover to treat gay folks like garbage to be absolute scum.

Now again, I am not saying you do this my dude, but just in general. We all need to do better to break these generational curses that plague us through no fault of our own and that starts by not using our past traumas as excuses for bad behavior towards our own people.

Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#171 » by Kiddlovesnets » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
We did however, have a gay person come into this thread and they said they find the word offensive. That's all I need to know, personally.

Weird, I have 3 gay friends and none of them found it offensive since it was used by a straight male against another straight male. Just because one gay is over-sensitive and finds everything offensive, doesnt mean it has to be the case per se. I've already explained before, the phrase is only offensive when the context of homosexual is involved, ie. a straight male telling it in the face of a gay man. KD isnt gay, Rapoport isnt gay, there was absolutely no context of homosexual being involved.

Its funny how people are quickly trying to drag KD down and associate this incident with homophobia, since its too easy to defame a person with such political correctness nonsense. The more I think about it, the more I realize some people just lack the IQ to realize the truth that Rapoport was just a sole loser as a Knicks fan. Its hilarious to imagine a small number of fans here(fortunately very few) were actually taking his side, Rapoport supports the Knicks and hes an enemy.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,819

Post#172 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:16 am

:rofl: KDs mouth is filthy if he don't like you . Rapoport caught feelings for sure with those Trump jabs.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Brooklyn Nets