ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,917

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1661 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:16 pm

fuq.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1662 » by GEOLINK » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:16 pm

Had multiple chances to win the game and bats were nowhere to be found.

Whatevs, get them on Saturday.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#1663 » by Jump Shot » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:10 am

I’m not going to get mad any more at this team. I have no expectations.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#1664 » by Papi_swav » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:33 am

I'm not going to take this team serious until playoff time, assuming we make it.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1665 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:05 am

Get rid of Judge, Stanton, Hicks, Sanchez. These guys struggle to stay healthy and make contact.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1666 » by GEOLINK » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:38 pm

Mike King has been great.

The offense... not so much.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,791

Post#1667 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:35 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Mike King has been great.

King can take German's place in the starting rotation
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1668 » by GEOLINK » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Mike King has been great.

King can take German's place in the starting rotation

I’d like German start another game before that decision.

German just lost his sharpness after the first inning, very weird.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,815

Post#1669 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:55 am

When you base your entire game plan on analytics you get offensive results like what you saw this weekend.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#1670 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:17 am

Happy to see the fan base is already unhappy w/ Hicks batting 3rd. Was not a fan of that idea from the jump.

Call me old school, idgaf. But batting average does matter to me. Hicks isn’t a bad player, but he’s not someone I would want batting 3rd, especially behind Judge. Great at drawing walks, but he hasn’t hit above .250 in the last 3 years. For his career he’s only hit above that mark twice.

The 3 guys I have in mind for that spot are Gleyber, Gio or Frazier. Ideally I would love for Gary to revert back to his 2016/17 days and have him bat 3rd, but I’m not banking on such a high batting average from him since he hasn’t gotten anywhere close to that mark the last 3 years.

Gio has essentially batted .300 the last 2 years, and has had a better OBPS compared to Hicks.

Gleyber was rock solid in 2019, last yr was ehh but he’s still more of a threat and a better all around hitter.

And Clint might be coming into his own. Hasn’t had an opportunity to show what he can do for a full season since he got yanked around back and forth in the minors, but when he’s been in the bigs he’s been near .270 consistently and last yr showed a great eye at the plate with a high OBP.

Don’t want to make it seem like I dislike Hicks as a player, but just don’t believe he should be batting that high up and getting more opportunities to get AB’s.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1671 » by GEOLINK » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:37 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Happy to see the fan base is already unhappy w/ Hicks batting 3rd. Was not a fan of that idea from the jump.

Call me old school, idgaf. But batting average does matter to me. Hicks isn’t a bad player, but he’s not someone I would want batting 3rd, especially behind Judge. Great at drawing walks, but he hasn’t hit above .250 in the last 3 years. For his career he’s only hit above that mark twice.

The 3 guys I have in mind for that spot are Gleyber, Gio or Frazier. Ideally I would love for Gary to revert back to his 2016/17 days and have him bat 3rd, but I’m not banking on such a high batting average from him since he hasn’t gotten anywhere close to that mark the last 3 years.

Gio has essentially batted .300 the last 2 years, and has had a better OBPS compared to Hicks.

Gleyber was rock solid in 2019, last yr was ehh but he’s still more of a threat and a better all around hitter.

And Clint might be coming into his own. Hasn’t had an opportunity to show what he can do for a full season since he got yanked around back and forth in the minors, but when he’s been in the bigs he’s been near .270 consistently and last yr showed a great eye at the plate with a high OBP.

Don’t want to make it seem like I dislike Hicks as a player, but just don’t believe he should be batting that high up and getting more opportunities to get AB’s.

He's there simply to break up the righties Judge & Stanton.
Davis18
Senior
And1: 674

Post#1672 » by Davis18 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:45 am

Trading for Stanton was one big mistake.
Either one of Judge & Stanton gotta go.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,815

Post#1673 » by knicks94 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:32 am

Davis18 wrote:Trading for Stanton was one big mistake.
Either one of Judge & Stanton gotta go.

Letting go of Stanton is a no brainer.His contract is an albatross and he’s a one dimensional player.The problem with getting rid of Stanton is that nobody is going to be willing to take him off the books for the Yankees because he could never stay healthy for a full season.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#1674 » by blue and orange » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:44 pm

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#1675 » by Polk377 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:09 pm

blue and orange wrote:https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31203847/sources-new-york-yankees-finalizing-trade-get-rougned-odor-texas-rangers

This trade confuses me a little.

Why? He is another lefty bat the Yankees are sorely missing. Bruce is washed and a terrible 1st baseman. Odor can play 2B and move DJ to 1st while Voit is out. I can see this being another low key Cashman trade that will be looked back fondly at the end of the season. Doubt the prospects going back will be much.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1676 » by blue and orange » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:17 pm

Polk377 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31203847/sources-new-york-yankees-finalizing-trade-get-rougned-odor-texas-rangers

Why? He is another lefty bat the Yankees are sorely missing. Bruce is washed and a terrible 1st baseman. Odor can play 2B and move DJ to 1st while Voit is out. I can see this being another low key Cashman trade that will be looked back fondly at the end of the season. Doubt the prospects going back will be much.

I’m not against the trade just a little confused of what this means with DJ or do they move Odor to the alternate site. Rangers are paying all of his salary btw. The guy has a hell of a sucker punch remember that brawl with the Rangers and Jays.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#1677 » by Polk377 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:21 pm

blue and orange wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

I’m not against the trade just a little confused of what this means with DJ or do they move Odor to the alternate site. Rangers are paying all of his salary btw. The guy has a hell of a sucker punch remember that brawl with the Rangers and Jays.

I would just cut Bruce, Move DJ to 1st and start Odor at 2nd. His power can be played up at Yankee Stadium with the short porch. They will figure out the rest when Voit comes back.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1678 » by blue and orange » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:24 pm

Polk377 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

I would just cut Bruce, Move DJ to 1st and start Odor at 2nd. His power can be played up at Yankee Stadium with the short porch. They will figure out the rest when Voit comes back.

It doesn't necessarily mean Bruce will be cut. This is a depth move, I think they just dont want Bruce in the lineup every day for what would be 1-2 months without Voit, Definetly adds some versatility Gio might play some SS on days Gleyber is off then Odor can play 3B, you could also send down Wade, you have Tauchman and Gardner available to PR anyways. Odor can be our designated puncher in brawls :lol: .
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#1679 » by Phish Tank » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:16 am

since we're not paying a dime of Odor's contract, I feel fine taking him on for effectively two prospects that won't amount to anything and Estrada, who probably doesn't have the bat to stay in the majors.

Worst case scenario, he flops and we let him go. Best case scenario, he rediscovers his power as a DH or, better yet, an infield player and is a LH bat that can keep pitching staffs honest.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1680 » by GEOLINK » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:15 am

Cole is a beast.

13Ks in 7 innings.

Return to New York Knicks