?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Re: Pistons sign Tyler Cook to remainder of season 

Post#2 » by whitehops » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:34 pm

nice! he's played well enough to earn a roster spot for the rest of the year and it's obviously a low-risk, low-reward signing but he does have some things to build on.

at the very least we'll get to see some electric dunks to distract from the losing :D
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#3 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:38 pm

As long as he can cook.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#4 » by 440BB » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:39 pm

Cook is a good fit for the rest of this season, another big so Grant and Plumlee can take some days off. A possible fit for next season, young with an upside and cheap with the Pistons having the option.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#5 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:56 pm

Yeah I think he's been pretty decent considering I wasn't expecting much originally
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,760

Post#6 » by Snakebites » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:15 pm

Good for him. Not much else to say. The tank is on and I don’t expect him in our long term future.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#7 » by chrbal » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:13 pm

10 day contract guy was getting regular minutes, would have been dumb to not sign him. Deserved and earned it. Maybe he’ll be a two way contract next season.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#8 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:37 pm

Many times he has played better than other guys on the court.

Noticeably better than Sekou all the time.

Good for him. If he could shoot the 3 at all he would be like a poor man's Christian Wood. Work on the 3 Tyler Cook.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#9 » by DBC10 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:31 pm

I like his hustle, but hard to see him beating out any other big men we either draft or acquire in the long term. A good energy big guy off the bench which the league could always use more of

No brainer to retain him considering we still have the corpse of Okafor and a surprisingly shallow center lineup
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#10 » by Sort » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:42 pm

Congrats to him. Likely his peak moment in the NBA, and he deserves it.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#11 » by Han Solo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:08 am

edmunder_prc wrote:Many times he has played better than other guys on the court.

Good for him. If he could shoot the 3 at all he would be like a poor man's Christian Wood. Work on the 3 Tyler Cook.

He wasn’t better than Sekou last night. Sekou hasn’t even played a full season’s worth of games. Barely plays any minutes and he’s 20.

He still has more potential than anyone on our team. And in case you guys haven’t noticed, he’s bigger. When next season’s attributes come out, he’ll be listed at 6’10 or 6’11.

Too early to write him off. But you’re doing that after 10 games of Killian’s career, so it should be expected.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#12 » by DetroitSho » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:31 am

Han Solo wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:Many times he has played better than other guys on the court.

He wasn’t better than Sekou last night. Sekou hasn’t even played a full season’s worth of games. Barely plays any minutes and he’s 20.

He still has more potential than anyone on our team. And in case you guys haven’t noticed, he’s bigger. When next season’s attributes come out, he’ll be listed at 6’10 or 6’11.

Too early to write him off. But you’re doing that after 10 games of Killian’s career, so it should be expected.
Bruh wtf? Just because you're in the NBA you're not automatically entitled to grow 2+ inches just because. Dude is 6'8 and that's pretty much that. Not sure why you have reason to believe he'll be 6'11. Also I'd place his potential 3rd or 4th on the team.

With that said, yes it's too early to give up on him. People need to relax on that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#13 » by Han Solo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:44 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

Bruh wtf? Just because you're in the NBA you're not automatically entitled to grow 2+ inches just because. Dude is 6'8 and that's pretty much that. Not sure why you have reason to believe he'll be 6'11. Also I'd place his potential 3rd or 4th on the team.

With that said, yes it's too early to give up on him. People need to relax on that.

Sekou is bigger. I’ll be willing to bet on it. Don’t even understand what you’re saying. You haven’t noticed how big he is now? It’s being talking about on every Detroit forum outside this one. Sekou is bigger. Even opposing fans have noticed it.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#14 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:59 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

He's probably like 6'9, he's definitely bigger then his listed 6'8 though in my opinion.

Return to Detroit Pistons