ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Joe Johnson workout, pg 97

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Teague Signed 

Post#1741 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:22 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The whole "Super Korver" thing is a comically bad mismanagement of Khris' offensive talent and I'm amazed that people still suggest it on a regular basis. The last two years he's been in like, the 90th percentile of ISO scoring efficiency and has legit turned into one of the best 3-level wing scorers in basketball.

3pt shooting, midrange shooting, what's the 3rd level?

Midds is somewhere between being a great shooter/good enough scorer. Mindset and athletic ability that stops him from being more. And that's why we'll always argue about what his best role on a contender is.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#1742 » by slos » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:04 pm

emunney wrote:
jschligs wrote:
emunney wrote:
You trade him for a similar quality player whose skillset better complements your stars.

And who is that? If I'm being honest there aren't many options that are realistic. People just assume SGs are growing on trees out there.

It'd be a PG. Brunson has been my suggestion.

I wouldn't spare any of our limited assets for a PG. This starting 5 doesn't have a pure PG, but all Jrue/Midds/Giannis are better when they have the ball in their hands. At this point I would trade DDV only if an elite shooter becomes available. A better Bogdanovic kind of player, not Brunson.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#1743 » by Jez2983 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:58 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:The whole "Super Korver" thing is a comically bad mismanagement of Khris' offensive talent and I'm amazed that people still suggest it on a regular basis. The last two years he's been in like, the 90th percentile of ISO scoring efficiency and has legit turned into one of the best 3-level wing scorers in basketball.

Midds is somewhere between being a great shooter/good enough scorer. Mindset and athletic ability that stops him from being more. And that's why we'll always argue about what his best role on a contender is.

I felt like he'd been better at getting in and drawing fouls lately, as you've been saying for some time.

Then I looked at his stats and it's essentially the same as the last few years, if accounting for slightly less usage.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1744 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:05 am

Read on Twitter
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1745 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:29 am

blazza18 wrote:

The 3rd Level is hypothetical shooting

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1746 » by mke_design » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:53 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Bud succeeds he’s got a HC job. If Bud fails - he probably has a HC job.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#1747 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:07 pm

blazza18 wrote:

Finishing at the rim the last two seasons: 70% and 66.4%
3-10 feet: 45.1% and 50.5%

Better than guys like Devin Booker, Jayson Tatum, and closer to Jimmy Butler/Kawhi numbers.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1748 » by 4xBuck » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:34 pm

I understand the Bucks' 2nd 2W contract isn't very important at this point, but you'd think the Bucks could still do a lot better than Alex Toupane... He's not a prospect and almost has no value as a bad 3rd/4th string wing.

I don't know if there's a prospect type player out there, but maybe a player that's more useful like another ballhandler or a 7-foot banger... Myles Powel was suppose to be signed before Toupane signed. I don't know what happened there?!? He has some prospect value and could've been the 3rd string emergency PG.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1749 » by crowhead76 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:35 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have agree to sign Ben McLemore on a guaranteed deal for the remainder of the season.
McLemore was released last week by the Houston Rockets.
McLemore averaged 7.4 points and 2.1 rebounds in 16.8 minutes per game with the Rockets this season.

The Milwaukee Bucks were one of the other teams to pursue McLemore.

Interesting, he has had a down year shooting but I am sure they looked at him as a Forbes alternative with more size and athleticism.

Friday is the deadline to waive players that will be playoff eligible.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1750 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:52 pm

Sign Justin Jackson
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1751 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:55 pm

emunney wrote:Sign Justin Jackson

We then go into the luxury tax if Jrue plays a few more games to hit his incentives. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1752 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:57 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

We then go into the luxury tax if Jrue plays a few more games to hit his incentives. 8-)

I gives a ****
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#1753 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:29 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure all estimates of the tax breathing room are based on the assumption that he will reach the 67 games played (RS and playoffs) incentive. I think they can sign another vet min deal before the playoff roster deadline on 4/9 without paying the tax unless he hits some unexpected incentives I'm not aware of.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1754 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:39 pm

What is the allure here?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,736

Post#1755 » by yannisk » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:44 pm

somehow trade for Pokusevksi in the summer and get Suki to work with him
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1756 » by blazza18 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:07 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
blazza18 wrote:

Finishing at the rim the last two seasons: 70% and 66.4%
3-10 feet: 45.1% and 50.5%

Better than guys like Devin Booker, Jayson Tatum, and closer to Jimmy Butler/Kawhi numbers.

I think this just shows Middleton picks and chooses when he does score at the rim and that the Bucks offense opens up more open opportunities because when there are bodies in front of him he's not finishing there at all.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#1757 » by thonnisbeastley » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:43 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

I gives a ****

Seriously, these guys refusing to go into the tax after saying they will is embarrassing. Especially when you take into account that they purchased this team for $550M and it's now worth $1.6B+. Add in the tax cuts these billionaires have received in the years since they bought the team...Prove you want a championship.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1758 » by crowhead76 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:54 pm

Isn’t not going into the tax this year more about having the full mid level exception this next year and not the tax payer MLE?
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#1759 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:11 pm

And there's almost no way to stay under it going forward, so staying under now avoids the repeater penalty which might help justify paying for another player down the line.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1760 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:16 pm

Yeah I'd guess none of us give a **** about the owners money, it's the future roster ramifications of going into the tax this year that's the concern.

Now if they aren't in the tax next season we should start asking some questions.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks