ImageImageImage

This offseason, would u trade DNo for expirings?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

This offseason, would you trade DNo for expirings?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:07 am

1. Yes, cuz he knows no D, hence his name DNo.
42%
2. He ain’t even stretch doe!
9%
3. What’s up w that Princess Leia hair style?
15%
4. IDK, too busy watching March Madness.
6%
5. Did Taylor sell the team already?
9%
6. How bout them Beucker & Suggs kids?
12%
7. Let’s go Twins!
6%

Total votes: 33

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

This offseason, would u trade DNo for expirings? 

Post#1 » by GopherIt! » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:07 am

DNo poll. This offseason, If a team offered straight expirings, would u do it?
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Re: This offseason, would u trade DNo for expirings? 

Post#2 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:29 am

Dno? but yes, I would but I don't think Rosas would.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#3 » by theGreatRC » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:31 am

Only if we landed Suggs or Cade. Who knows where JMac will go and Ricky's situation is still up in the air.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#4 » by winforlose » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:20 am

1. Doing that loses you KAT. He would demand a trade ASAP.

2. Do you have a free agent in mind to replace him? We have seen how bad we are without Dlo. Even adding a top three pick we would still be losing our second or third best scorer and assuming we ditch Ricky (honestly he has sucked worse this year than he did during his first stint, and that isn’t easy to do,) now we need two PGs as well as a backup C and a starting PF.

3. Is the goal to tank. There is no scenario in which this move leaves us a playoff team. Best case we have just told the league we are in a rebuild.

The level of hate for Dlo isn’t just silly, it’s ridiculous. The guy plays well off the ball which means he fits if Ant or KAT run the offense. Dlo is around 40% from 3, (on a team that badly needs shooting,) his handle is decent, and he can pass when he wants to. He is also 25 years old with more upside than what we saw. Let Finch work with him and let him play with KAT and Beasley using competent offensive and defensive schemes before judging him. Finally, defense is a lot of work, you put in that work on a winning team with playoff hopes. When your best player is out, your coach is a moron, and your losing, you are less inclined to play your hardest. Especially with a knee issue that is nagging and ultimately required surgery.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#5 » by shrink » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:43 am

winforlose wrote:1. Doing that loses you KAT. He would demand a trade ASAP.

2. Do you have a free agent in mind to replace him? We have seen how bad we are without Dlo. Even adding a top three pick we would still be losing our second or third best scorer and assuming we ditch Ricky (honestly he has sucked worse this year than he did during his first stint, and that isn’t easy to do,) now we need two PGs as well as a backup C and a starting PF.

3. Is the goal to tank. There is no scenario in which this move leaves us a playoff team. Best case we have just told the league we are in a rebuild.

The level of hate for Dlo isn’t just silly, it’s ridiculous. The guy plays well off the ball which means he fits if Ant or KAT run the offense. Dlo is around 40% from 3, (on a team that badly needs shooting,) his handle is decent, and he can pass when he wants to. He is also 25 years old with more upside than what we saw. Let Finch work with him and let him play with KAT and Beasley using competent offensive and defensive schemes before judging him. Finally, defense is a lot of work, you put in that work on a winning team with playoff hopes. When your best player is out, your coach is a moron, and your losing, you are less inclined to play your hardest. Especially with a knee issue that is nagging and ultimately required surgery.

1. I don’t think anyone knows this for sure, and if we dump him, it meant an unsuccessful half season when he played with KAT. Do we still know KAT would demand a trade, if the experiment has failed and he isn’t winning games with DLo?

2. Right now, the PG position is the easiest to fill in the NBA. Moreover, if a lot of the offense is running through KAT, we don’t need a traditional PG anyway .. an SG for can shoot and defend, and pass a little, would be fine.

3. Would we be more likely to be a playoff team with a max deal locked into DLo, or without a max deal locked into DLo?

4. Will he play off the ball? Didn’t he refuse to do it earlier in the season when Ryan tried to have Rubio run the point?

I also question his upside. He is never going to be long, and he is never going to be athletic. This is always going to affect his defense, and his ability to finish at the rim, and even his jump shooting if he can’t create separation. And you should never defend any player who is unwilling to work on defense, whether his team is winning or losing.

Look, I hope we see a better DLo than we have so far, especially at that price tag. I just don’t think it’s likely.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#6 » by Neeva » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:03 am

Convert Ant to PG, Jalen Green to be SG
Or draft Suggs..
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#7 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:49 am

Depends on the draft and other team's moves this offseason.

I wouldn't trade him just to be rid of him tho.

Carefully evaluate whether we have a draft pick, who the winning teams are, whether we can make the playoffs with a slight change. It's really situation dependent.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#8 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:02 pm

shrink wrote:

1. I don’t think anyone knows this for sure, and if we dump him, it meant an unsuccessful half season when he played with KAT.

Isn't it still 5 games, or did they play more together yet? "half season when he played with Kat" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Not focusing on your words here alone, but we need a team of Trump Fact Checkers these days to handle any talk related to Dlo.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#9 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:39 pm

We don't have anyone named DNo on the team
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#10 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:15 pm

Klomp wrote:We don't have anyone named DNo on the team

Right and someone should delete the thread.

The poll is his opinion, not real choices. Even Shrink is using it as an opportunity to post BS about the DLO/Towns pairing having half a season and showing to be a failure. The thread isn't likely to get better except for those that just hate the guy.

There is already a Dlo thread if they want to post more hate opinions.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#11 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:56 pm

Klomp wrote:We don't have anyone named DNo on the team

Alright Drax
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#12 » by K4P » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:00 pm

If we land a top point guard in this upcoming draft I think his days are numbered for sure, and I would not be shocked at all if he's on the way out, But trading Russell for basically nothing otherwise would be Rosas admitting the biggest trade of his GM career was a failure.
shrink
RealGM

Post#13 » by shrink » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:10 am

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:

1. I don’t think anyone knows this for sure, and if we dump him, it meant an unsuccessful half season when he played with KAT.

Isn't it still 5 games, or did they play more together yet? "half season when he played with Kat" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Not focusing on your words here alone, but we need a team of Trump Fact Checkers these days to handle any talk related to Dlo.

NBA does not allow trades from now until our season is over. Fact check that.

In fact, I didn’t even say the two couldn’t play together. I said if we were thinking of trading DLo, the experiment must have failed.

Plus, the thread TITLE even says, “this off-season.”

So was your “only five games” an “honest” mistake, or do you really think they will only play five games together before “this off-season?”

Maybe you should be the last person to accuse other people of lying, with your history here.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#14 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:53 am

Why is this not locked yet?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#15 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:53 am

shrink wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:1. I don’t think anyone knows this for sure, and if we dump him, it meant an unsuccessful half season when he played with KAT.

In fact, I didn’t even say the two couldn’t play together. I said if we were thinking of trading DLo, the experiment must have failed.

So was your “only five games” an “honest” mistake, or do you really think they will only play five games together before “this off-season?”

Maybe you should be the last person to accuse other people of lying, with your history here.

walk it back, walk in circles, i don't care. I caught you again. That works for me.
shrink
RealGM

Post#16 » by shrink » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:57 am

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Isn't it still 5 games, or did they play more together yet? "half season when he played with Kat" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

walk it back, walk in circles, i don't care. I caught you again. That works for me.

Answer the question

A. Did you make an “honest mistake” and you were too stupid to know you can’t trade players after the deadline, plus you couldn’t understand the title of the thread?

B. Or did you make a dishonest read, intentionally pointing out that DLO and KAT had played 5 games together, even when you knew they would play more before the end of the season?

Don’t duck the question - I’m curious. Either A or B reflects very poorly on you, but we all should understand your motivations.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#17 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 12:59 pm

shrink wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:NBA does not allow trades from now until our season is over. Fact check that.

Answer the question

A. Did you make an “honest mistake” and you were too stupid to know you can’t trade players after the deadline, plus you couldn’t understand the title of the thread?

B. Or did you make a dishonest read, intentionally pointing out that DLO and KAT had played 5 games together, even when you knew they would play more before the end of the season?

Don’t duck the question - I’m curious. Either A or B reflects very poorly on you, but we all should understand your motivations.

What the hell are you going on about now? Absolutely nothing I've commented on, that's for sure. Catch shrink fudging the numbers or slipping in false innuendo to emphasize a player insult...prepare for all out war. check

A. don't know what you are talking about
B. Is this like when a shrink throws a question back at his patient?
shrink
RealGM

Post#18 » by shrink » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:35 pm

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Answer the question

What the hell are you going on about now? Absolutely nothing I've commented on, that's for sure. Catch shrink fudging the numbers or slipping in false innuendo to emphasize a player insult...prepare for all out war. check

A. don't know what you are talking about
B. Is this like when a shrink throws a question back at his patient?

As we have come to expect, Jedz chooses C .. duck the question like a little girl, lie about what he said, call everyone names and declare victory.

Why did you talk about KAT and DLO playing five games together (now 6) not being half a season, if this trade could only be done after the whole season is over? They clearly wouldn’t end the season only playing 5 games together.

C’mon little girl. Borrow an ounce of testosterone, and answer a question.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,512

Post#19 » by Worm Guts » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:43 pm

OK, We need to stop. No more personal attacks.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#20 » by Jedzz » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:23 pm

I think what you might be trying to say Worm Guts is that you feel left out? You can get in on this but you have to target shrink before you target me. There is a hierarchy to follow so he comes first. I can wait I'm learning patience from the Timberwolves.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves