OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#561 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 5, 2021 10:50 pm

crkone wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Trying to figure out what to play after I completed Cyberpunk; kind of that weird lull period. Still doing some Deep Rock missions every night, but already looking for the next thing to complete. Maybe get the real Hades ending by beating it ten times or go through the Halo: Master Chief collection. I also have some long overdue games on deck like Monster Hunter: World, Pillars of Eternity, Darkest Dungeon (70hrs but never finished), Dark Souls, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

binding of isaac repentance?

Was never much into Isaac. I think I've played maybe 8 hours total. Maybe worth looking into with the new DLC. I'll take a look at it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#562 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:27 pm

https://www.polygon.com/22369873/diablo-2-resurrected-technical-alpha-date-time-announcement-details-sign-up

D2 Resurrected SP Tech Alpha 1 - THIS WEEKEND. I know what I'll be doing.

A1 & A2 - so no Meph runs yet. Amazon, Barb, and Sorc.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,892

Post#563 » by jschligs » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:44 pm

Was almost victim to a pretty elaborate scam.

I was selling something on reddit, a sub I've used many times before. I get an offer for it from a guy asking for next day shipping. Willing to do Paypal Goods and Services (so we're protected, takes 3% fee), and even sends the payment. The thing with Paypal is you ALWAYS send to the address on the Paypal account. But the buyer messaged me on reddit with a different address in a different state.

Immediately set off red flags for me. So I decide to contact the name that the Paypal account has on Facebook. Turns out, the scammer was "selling" the same product and had a buyer. Had the buyer pay me, and was then hoping I'd send the product to the scammers address, not the correct one. So the original buyer (not the scammer) would never get the product, he'd file a claim with Paypal. I'd lose because I sent to the wrong address so the buyer would get his money back and I'd be out the product.

Fortunately the guy on FB confirmed everything and we realized it was a scam. I sent him his money back, reported the scammer, and called his local PD to report his address (he used a fake name). Fortunately I'm a stickler when it comes to online transactions and boy am I glad I did.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#564 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:37 am

Gala Games node is a very interesting concept, essentially you can buy a node and have it generate passive income. Can double as a gaming source, as it also collects rare NFTs for games. Mirandus is a game coming out later this year by Gala Games and it's essentially a Game of Thrones type MMORPG with real money (cryptocurrency) involved with the transaction. If you own a kingdom, any trades conducted can be taxed a portion fixed by you the King. These kingdom NFT's went for over a million dollars each
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#565 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:04 pm

I decided to start playing the Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC. I finished the first game last night and started the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. They did a real good job of the remaster — it looks as awesome as I remember it being in 2004. The game feels great even today; it truly was ahead of its time and it’s really making me rethink where it is in my pantheon of video games. I probably wouldn’t have said it was top ten for me if you asked a week ago, but I might now.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#566 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:10 pm

I sort of got into Halo late in the game (Halo 3 was the first one I bought), but they're truly incredible games that I've only grown to appreciate more over time. I think a lot of people still view them as primarily multiplayer games considering they were pretty ground-breaking in that regard. But 1-3 are some of the best single-player campaigns that have ever been made IMO. Just a perfect blend of epic theatrical feel and mindless fun.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#567 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:42 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I sort of got into Halo late in the game (Halo 3 was the first one I bought), but they're truly incredible games that I've only grown to appreciate more over time. I think a lot of people still view them as primarily multiplayer games considering they were pretty ground-breaking in that regard. But 1-3 are some of the best single-player campaigns that have ever been made IMO. Just a perfect blend of epic theatrical feel and mindless fun.

We’ll see how I feel after I complete the original trilogy, but I think the first Halo campaign got boring at times. I think that’s simply it showing age (it turns 20 years old this year) and how far video games have come. That said, only three years later and Halo 2 definitely ratchets up what’s going on — fighting through the space station, returning the bomb to the Covenant ship, landing on Earth for a big tank fight on the bridge, and jumping onto the scarab in the first two hours is quite the spectacle and paced very well. I don’t remember Halo 3 as much, so I’m excited to get through there and if they’re as good as I recall.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#568 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:22 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I sort of got into Halo late in the game (Halo 3 was the first one I bought), but they're truly incredible games that I've only grown to appreciate more over time. I think a lot of people still view them as primarily multiplayer games considering they were pretty ground-breaking in that regard. But 1-3 are some of the best single-player campaigns that have ever been made IMO. Just a perfect blend of epic theatrical feel and mindless fun.

We’ll see how I feel after I complete the original trilogy, but I think the first Halo campaign got boring at times. I think that’s simply it showing age (it turns 20 years old this year) and how far video games have come. That said, only three years later and Halo 2 definitely ratchets up what’s going on — fighting through the space station, returning the bomb to the Covenant ship, landing on Earth for a big tank fight on the bridge, and jumping onto the scarab in the first two hours is quite the spectacle and paced very well. I don’t remember Halo 3 as much, so I’m excited to get through there and if they’re as good as I recall.

I don't think I've played much Halo since Halo 2 back in college, but I think my time with Outriders is almost up (I've hit the cap, and they're nerfing my preferred class for some stupid reason) so I'm gonna install the Halo collection and GTA V. Play some of both.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#569 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:19 pm

I haven't gotten access to the D2 alpha, which makes me a sad panda.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,101

Post#570 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:52 pm

Are the Halo PC ports any good? I've only played the XBox games a little bit and thought they were average, but I'm sure that was colored somewhat by my hatred of playing FPS games on console
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#571 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:45 am

FrieAaron wrote:Are the Halo PC ports any good? I've only played the XBox games a little bit and thought they were average, but I'm sure that was colored somewhat by my hatred of playing FPS games on console

Quite good, minus one mission (Delta Halo) in Halo 2. For whatever reason that level has performance issues, not exclusive to PC either apparently (just something with the remaster in general). But across two games so far, it’s been great and better than I remember now that I can use keyboard/mouse instead of a controller.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#572 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Are the Halo PC ports any good? I've only played the XBox games a little bit and thought they were average, but I'm sure that was colored somewhat by my hatred of playing FPS games on console

Quite good, minus one mission (Delta Halo) in Halo 2. For whatever reason that level has performance issues, not exclusive to PC either apparently (just something with the remaster in general). But across two games so far, it’s been great and better than I remember now that I can use keyboard/mouse instead of a controller.

I'm starting with the original (remastered) version on the new Xbox and it's fine. It's obviously missing a lot of the quality of life stuff that's happened over the last 20 years but it's still definitely playable. I'm mostly playing the games this weekend just to say that I have and that I'm current with the story, since I'm gonna wanna pick up the next Halo when it releases in about a decade.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#573 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I'm starting with the original (remastered) version on the new Xbox and it's fine. It's obviously missing a lot of the quality of life stuff that's happened over the last 20 years but it's still definitely playable. I'm mostly playing the games this weekend just to say that I have and that I'm current with the story, since I'm gonna wanna pick up the next Halo when it releases in about a decade.

Don’t know about you, but the thing that stuck out most to me was I wanted a sprint button. Feels like a mechanic that’s in every modern shooter and it was weird not having it — especially with some of the more wide open levels.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#574 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Quite good, minus one mission (Delta Halo) in Halo 2. For whatever reason that level has performance issues, not exclusive to PC either apparently (just something with the remaster in general). But across two games so far, it’s been great and better than I remember now that I can use keyboard/mouse instead of a controller.

Don’t know about you, but the thing that stuck out most to me was I wanted a sprint button. Feels like a mechanic that’s now in every shooter and it felt weird not having it, especially with some of the more wide open levels.

That's EXACTLY the big one I miss. I can get used to (sort of) the mapping and the lack of aiming down the sites of some guns, but not being able to sprint is something that would have been great to have in the remaster.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#575 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:MH Rise is so good. I only wish it was on PS5 with World-style graphics instead of on Switch. If any of y'all end up picking it up and want to team-up for some hunts, hit me up.

I'm listening to the Triple Click pod and Kirk Hamilton is talking about it. He said he was using the twin blades (my weapon of choice in World) and he said he was getting bored because it's so straight forward (re: easy). Then he switched to the long sword and he started geeking out because of how interesting and complicated it is. I'm just curious, what weapon are you using? I haven't picked Rise up yet, but it's probably coming soon.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#576 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:25 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:MH Rise is so good. I only wish it was on PS5 with World-style graphics instead of on Switch. If any of y'all end up picking it up and want to team-up for some hunts, hit me up.

I'm listening to the Triple Click pod and Kirk Hamilton is talking about it. He said he was using the twin blades (my weapon of choice in World) and he said he was getting bored because it's so straight forward (re: easy). Then he switched to the long sword and he started geeking out because of how interesting and complicated it is. I'm just curious, what weapon are you using? I haven't picked Rise up yet, but it's probably coming soon.

Even for a relative newcomer like me, the game is quite easy until you get to some of the later LR hunts. Then everyone says HR is a big jump in difficulty (I'm not there yet). So also worth keeping that in mind. I'm partway through 4* hunts and I haven't carted yet.

I like the sword and shield. What everyone says about needing to play around to find what works for you is spot-on. I gravitated toward the dual blades in World and started with them in the Rise demoes, but they just had me feeling a little "...eh." I watched a video of someone playing with S&S and the playstyle stuck out to me a lot more. I spent a couple hours with them and it just felt SO much better to me. So I've been using that my whole time in Rise so far.

I want to try something ranged, and something large/slow/powerful eventually. But think I'm sticking with S&S for a while.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#577 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Even for a relative newcomer like me, the game is quite easy until you get to some of the later LR hunts. Then everyone says HR is a big jump in difficulty (I'm not there yet). So also worth keeping that in mind. I'm partway through 4* hunts and I haven't carted yet.

I like the sword and shield. What everyone says about needing to play around to find what works for you is spot-on. I gravitated toward the dual blades in World and started with them in the Rise demoes, but they just had me feeling a little "...eh." I watched a video of someone playing with S&S and the playstyle stuck out to me a lot more. I spent a couple hours with them and it just felt SO much better to me. So I've been using that my whole time in Rise so far.

I want to try something ranged, and something large/slow/powerful eventually. But think I'm sticking with S&S for a while.

This has me thinking when I’m done with the MCC I might jump back to World and restart it (only got ~30hrs in back in 2018 before I dropped it due to life being busy). If that goes swell, maybe I’ll pickup Rise later in the year. If not, well, I know Rise won’t be worth grabbing because I won’t finish it lol.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#578 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

This has me thinking when I’m done with the MCC I might jump back to World and restart it (only got ~30hrs in back in 2018 before I dropped it due to life being busy). If that goes swell, maybe I’ll pickup Rise later in the year. If not, we’ll, I know Rise won’t be worth grabbing because I won’t finish it lol.

Ha, I was actually thinking the same. I didn't do much with the Iceborne expansion and I didn't finish off all the elder dragons. Maybe that's what I'll be playing next.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Please to find out that I transferred my MHW character when I upgraded to the PS5. I've completely forgotten how to play, but I'm gonna try some Iceborne today anyway.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#580 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:56 pm

I’m now through the original Halo trilogy and Reach. I skipped ODST in favor of Halo 4. So far, I’m really liking it, considering I never played it when it came out. Aside from the remaster of Halo 2, thus one feels the most modern despite being almost nine years old already (there’s a sprint button!). I appreciate that these games are all relatively short (I think I’m halfway through Halo 4 already); I think a 20hr campaign would drive me mad, but blitzing through three in 20hrs feels pretty good. Too bad Halo 5 isn’t on PC for me to get fully caught up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks