Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#241 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:09 pm

what's Duke gonna look like next season?

Roach
Moore / Keels
Griffin / Baker
Banchero / Coleman
Williams

Brakefield/Goldwire transfering, Johnson/Steward declared, not sure what happens with Hurt but he should declare...they are gonna new a few transfers at guard especially, maybe X, Baugh or Carr.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#242 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:25 pm

You are missing Keels
clyde21
RealGM

Post#243 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:31 pm

yea forgot about Keels, but still need some major guard help via portal, and another big unless Hurt decides to come back.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#244 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:42 pm

UK loses Mintz, Sarr, Fletcher, Clarke, Boston and Jackson

they get Grady via portal, Collins, Hickman, Hopkins via recruiting class

Askew / Hickman
Grady / Brooks Jr.
Allen
Collins / Toppin / Hopkins
Ware

this might be UK's weakest recruiting class in a while, but they should be better next year just because of Askew being a soph and the Grady addition...major hole at C tho
No-Man
RealGM

Post#245 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:42 pm

They aren't playing more than 8 guys and they have 8 guys, they will get some bodies but their team is set unless AJ goes to Ignite
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,607

Post#246 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:what's Duke gonna look like next season?

Roach
Moore / Keels
Griffin / Baker
Banchero / Coleman
Williams

Brakefield/Goldwire transfering, Johnson/Steward declared, not sure what happens with Hurt but he should declare...they are gonna new a few transfers at guard especially, maybe X, Baugh or Carr.

Sign a giant check to Patrick Baldwin. Then they can go a few ways.

Roach
Griffin
Baldwin
Banchero
Williams

or

Roach
Keels
Griffin
Baldwin
Banchero
(this obviously the much more probably lineup in my opinion knowing K)

K only needs 8 players, anything past that is beyond pointless to talk about because he wont include them in the rotation. If they can land Baldwin, ya I know most likely isnt going to happen (but K pulled it off with getting Cam/RJ/Zion and no one thought that was going to happen). That would give them Roach, Griffin, Baldwin, Banchero, Williams, Keels, Coleman and I guess Moore. There is your 8 players.

The sad thing is, I should be very excited about a Duke team that is going to return guys like Roach and Williams and bring in elite talents like Griffin and Banchero and a good player like Keels. I mean that should be a damn good foundational 5 guys to have a season around. But without landing Baldwin and having just an overwhelming talent advantage, the season will be no doubt a waste because K wont know what to do with the roster.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#247 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:23 pm

meh, I'm not in love with an 8 man rotation that will include 3 FS if you are trying to do anything other than just showcase these guys for the next level (I know that's the objective here, but still)...Roach/Moore back court is meh tbh, Moore is not very good and Roach is ok, Keels we'll see. Williams is intriguing but not sure he'll be a heavy minutes guy either at this point.

at least that Zion/RJ/Cam team had Tre running the show, also that team was actually a 9 man rotation with O'Connell/Goldwire rounding out the rotation...also Bolden/DeLaurier as their bigs rotation...right now it's just Williams unless Banchero is also gonna give them mins at C.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#248 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:meh, I'm not in love with an 8 man rotation that will include 3 FS if you are trying to do anything other than just showcase these guys for the next level (I know that's the objective here, but still)...Roach/Moore back court is meh tbh, Moore is not very good and Roach is ok, Keels we'll see. Williams is intriguing but not sure he'll be a heavy minutes guy either at this point.

at least that Zion/RJ/Cam team had Tre running the show, also that team was actually a 9 man rotation with O'Connell/Goldwire rounding out the rotation...also Bolden/DeLaurier as their bigs rotation...right now it's just Williams unless Banchero is also gonna give them mins at C.

Goldwire the Zion year was only getting 6 minutes a game come conference time and had 3 DNPs. And it wasnt a clean 6 per game either, games where he would get 10-12 minutes against a weak team, then 1-3 minutes the next game.

Banchero is no doubt going to see minutes at the 5. K loves to go small and Banchero is a strong physical 6'9, he could handle solid minutes at the 5 in college. Obviously against teams like FSU (they always have their long 7 footers) Williams would need bigger minutes. But ya at the moment I think it will be manned by Banchero and Williams and Coleman will scrap up 12-15 minutes.

Signing a nice big check to Baldwin would solve a lot of their issues haha.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#249 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:48 pm

no offense my man Duke, I would rather Baldwin be showcased on his own :)
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#250 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:no offense my man Duke, I would rather Baldwin be showcased on his own :)

And no offense back, but its now been 2 straight years since I have seen Duke play a game in the Tournament. And seeing the exponential decline of K year by year, Im not sold Duke making it to the tourney next year without him. So god dammit Duke better write that damn check and make sure Baldwin is wearing a Duke jersey next year haha.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#251 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:45 pm

Baldwin is going with his papa, I'd not be shocked if K loses Griffin to be honest

Roach-Keels
Moore-Keels
Griffin-Baker
Banchero-Baker
Williams-Coleman

is more than enough, problem is K probably will mismanage the team but still they should at least make the tourney with a top4 seed
clyde21
RealGM

Post#252 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:04 am

other than Zaga again next year looks like it's wide open? Baylor won't be the same after loosing Mitchell and Butler (even tho they get Brown), Iowa loses Garza and probably Wieskamp, still not convinced of UK or Duke high end potential, North Carolina has like no more bigs left at all, Kansas will lose Garrett and probably Ochai, Houston will lose Grimes and Jarreau, Tennessee loses Springer, Pons and Keon, Auburn loses Sharife and Thor and probably Flanigan (they get Smith)...it'll be an interesting year with all the transfers and movement

but right now Gonzaga for sure has to be #1 heading into next season.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#253 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:12 pm

yeah Gonzaga 1, I think veteran teams will do well; Michigan has a lot of talent and size, not sure about Diabate+Dickinson together but Houstan is legit, Ohio St., Purdue are veteran college teams that know what they do even if the lack high talent, Arkansas and Alabama play pro style and have the talent, Houston if Grimes is back, UCLA if Smith stays for a 5th year, Duke has the most raw talent in the country but I don't trust K at all, Kansas should be solid, Baylor and Villanova should be top10 even if their rosters will change some, Kentucky should be solid but I don't expect much

It looks like a weak-ish year compared to this past one, should be more wide open
clyde21
RealGM

Post#254 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:42 pm

derp, completely forgot about the Tshiebwe to Kentucky transfer, they SHOULD be much better next year actually with Grady/Big O coming on board

i'd probably have it:

1 Gonzaga
2 Michigan
3 Nova
4 Alabama
5 Kentucky
No-Man
RealGM

Post#255 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:18 am

that's rough, def not that high on Nova and Kentucky, also Alabama is losing a ton, they prob get some guys in but that's high
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#256 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:00 am

Im at the point where if Duke or UK doesnt have this massive talent advantage and/or an elite prospect, I have a hard time putting any kind of faith in either team being any kind of top tier team. Im not seeing that elite player and Im not seeing a huge talent advantage either.

I view Cal and K as massive negatives for their teams (not including recruiting). They need a huge advantage to be coaching top teams.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#257 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:14 am

meh, it's just hard to do any top 5 ranking, you can find huge flaws in virtually any team not named Zaga...this probably all changes when the transfer portal dust settles and the games are being played but for now i'll take it.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#258 » by No-Man » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:38 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Im at the point where if Duke or UK doesnt have this massive talent advantage and/or an elite prospect, I have a hard time putting any kind of faith in either team being any kind of top tier team. Im not seeing that elite player and Im not seeing a huge talent advantage either.

I view Cal and K as massive negatives for their teams (not including recruiting). They need a huge advantage to be coaching top teams.

To be fair Duke kinda does, they have guys with experience, Roach, Moore, Williams, 2 studs in Griffin and Banchero, a plug and play guard in Keels and if K ever plays him a weirdo match up nightmare in Coleman, they have the best talent in college bball next season clearly

Kentucky is another story all together
clyde21
RealGM

Post#259 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:11 pm

UK will be better than Duke, I'd take Askew/Grady over Roach/Moore tbh, Griffin and Banchero are good but UK is getting Tshiebwe in the front court and adding Collins/Hopkins, and Allen is the best shooter on either team

Askew / Hickman
Grady / Brooks
Allen / Toppin
Collins / Hopkins
Tshiebwe / Ware
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#260 » by CptCrunch » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:13 pm

I fail to see how AJ Griffin is not a top 5 pick lock.

Return to NBA Draft