ImageImageImage

GAME 50: Pistons @ Thunder 7PM

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

foolinc
Sophomore
And1: 55

Re: GAME 50: Pistons @ Thunder 7PM 

Post#81 » by foolinc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:29 pm

I'm not sure if I like seeing the Thunder throwing out lineups like this since it's going to cut into our ping-pong ball market share. But seeing our rookies roll threw that line-up is a good sign. Hope Hayes can keep the momentum going.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,484

Post#82 » by whitehops » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:33 pm

Billl wrote:Obviously, this wasn't great competition, but but it was nice to see Hayes out there making plays . That was night and day vs his early performances. The guy really needs to tighten up that handle in the offseason though. Some of those plays he's making in space are just going to be turnovers against a physical defense. He's clearly got court vision though, so hopefully he adapts quickly. The other young guys could really benefit from someone who could consistently get them open looks.

i didn't watch the game yesterday but this is one of the reasons i'm not going to judge him too harshly this season. like you said, he does have some good passing ability so he just needs the off season to work on his skill (mainly dribbling). i think his scoring ability will take a little longer to develop but if he can at least tighten up his handle to the point where he can go where he wants/needs then it will be a huge help to run the offense.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#83 » by flow » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:32 pm

NYPiston wrote:So who are the Pistons picking at 8?

Davion Mitchell looks pretty good to me.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:39 pm

flow wrote:
NYPiston wrote:So who are the Pistons picking at 8?

Davion Mitchell looks pretty good to me.

That's pretty high even though I like him. I like Springer the best in that area. Mitchell is also gonna be close to 23 years old when he gets to the league.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#85 » by Pharaoh » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:43 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Dude the way some posters hate anything positive we do is just annoying bro. I swear I don't even want these people around when the youngsters are old enough to drink.
They are soul suckers. They complain about the bad, complain about the good, make fun of people who are excited about the team/players. They are not fans of the game or team, they are fans of making real fans life miserable.

I don't understand it, but it is what it is.
Call it PTSD after a decade plus of this organisation being on the treadmill. That's all I put it down to.

Draft night alone sent the message!

All the wheeling and dealing in free agency should have signalled that this FO knew how to manipulate the salary cap.

Trading Rose & buying out Blake (& acquiring Diallo)? Icing in the cake.

But some here would have some believe that Weaver wasn't tagged as THE up and coming GM in the league, that he learnt nothing being in OKC all those years beside Presti, that he has no clue what he's doing despite the fact he also has 5 months to prepare for the job

I think some are negative in order to save themselves future pain, which is sad cause it means they miss all the good things that happen before that pain inevitably comes.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#86 » by MotownMadness » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:46 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Dude the way some posters hate anything positive we do is just annoying bro. I swear I don't even want these people around when the youngsters are old enough to drink.
They are soul suckers. They complain about the bad, complain about the good, make fun of people who are excited about the team/players. They are not fans of the game or team, they are fans of making real fans life miserable.

Call it PTSD after a decade plus of this organisation being on the treadmill. That's all I put it down to.

All the wheeling and dealing in free agency should have signalled that this FO knew how to manipulate the salary cap.

But some here would have some believe that Weaver wasn't tagged as THE up and coming GM in the league, that he learnt nothing being in OKC all those years beside Presti, that he has no clue what he's doing despite the fact he also has 5 months to prepare for the job

I think some are negative in order to save themselves future pain, which is sad cause it means they miss all the good things that happen before that pain inevitably comes.

Go look at Edmunder PC instantly trying to trash Hayes after a good game (9th game) in the ROY thread on the GB to look no further.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#87 » by 440BB » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:19 pm

Many forums end up tainted by a couple people who consistently paint things as negative, stirring the pot with complaints. Some distort the facts to support their negative opinion. They may entertain themselves but are just a waste of time.

Choosing to ignore one or two members who only pick arguments and complain has made the forums I participate in much more enjoyable. Whether it's bass guitar, performance car or the Pistons forum, it's like removing a tumor, making for a healthier read.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#88 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:44 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:They are soul suckers. They complain about the bad, complain about the good, make fun of people who are excited about the team/players. They are not fans of the game or team, they are fans of making real fans life miserable.

Go look at Edmunder PC instantly trying to trash Hayes after a good game (9th game) in the ROY thread on the GB to look no further.

Someone pointed out Hayes in the Rookie of the Year Thread.

I explained that the Thunder played 2 guys from off the street who hadnt practiced with the team and none of the top 7 players from the team. Oh, and the 50 point loss his first game.

Super Fans couldnt handle that criticism.

Imagine a room full of people screaming how awesome something is - 1 guy points out that the other team was actively trying to lose - shut down all their starting 5 even - and that is being a bad fan.

Go Pistons! Go Pistons Fans!
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#89 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:48 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Call it PTSD after a decade plus of this organisation being on the treadmill. That's all I put it down to.

I explained that the Thunder played 2 guys from off the street who hadnt practiced with the team and none of the top 7 players from the team. Oh, and the 50 point loss his first game.

Imagine a room full of people screaming how awesome something is - 1 guy points out that the other team was actively trying to lose - shut down all their starting 5 even - and that is being a bad fan.

Still was a decent game by him.

*shrug*
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#90 » by Han Solo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:17 pm

zeebneeb wrote:

It’s why I don’t really post here anymore. Too negative. Trying to enjoy this period. I think we are on the right track. Fans that get a hard on when one of our young players have bad nights, drive me nuts. It’s a ghost town when they are doing well. But if they have a bad game, the same group **** all over them.

****’s tired.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#91 » by Pharaoh » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:18 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Go look at Edmunder PC instantly trying to trash Hayes after a good game (9th game) in the ROY thread on the GB to look no further.

Still was a decent game by him.

*shrug*
Do good games only count against good opposition?

Or is this the season to look for positives & negatives of these young guys and hope they develop?

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#92 » by zeebneeb » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:14 am

Han Solo wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

It’s why I don’t really post here anymore. Too negative. Trying to enjoy this period. I think we are on the right track. Fans that get a hard on when one of our young players have bad nights, drive me nuts. It’s a ghost town when they are doing well. But if they have a bad game, the same group **** all over them.

****’s tired.
It does get tiring as hell. It reminds me of that General board thread about the game winner by Suggs and some knob came in and said something about it being lucky or something similar so instead of the thread being a celebration of a damn good game, with a killer ending, it got destroyed with people arguing with an absolute butt plug about the legitimacy of the shot itself.

Over and over again with conversation twisters, and destroyers.

Return to Detroit Pistons