Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Vuce is loose

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

PG: Bulls Beat Pacers: Talk About it Here 

Post#1 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:21 am

Good win. Team looked like a TEAM.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Re: PG: Bulls Beat Pacers: Talk About it Here 

Post#2 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:22 am

Great win! We were due a good shooting game.
Awesome job by our bigs! Vuc, Thad and Markannen (best game since All star break) were outstanding!
That Thad pass for the Zach dunk? (chef's kiss)
Coby was also pretty decent from the bench.
We had bad stretches in the 3rd and the 4th quarters, just dumb plays all around, doubling TJ McConnell in the pick and pop with Doug, increasing thepace while up big, stupid turnovers. But Vuc rescued us with some timely baskets.

Good stuff overall.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,356

PG: The Vuce is loose 

Post#3 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:23 am

Monster game by Vuce. 32 and 17.

Everyone was pretty solid.

Starting to feel things are clicking.
The Cult of Personality
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Re: PG: The Vuce is loose 

Post#4 » by FriedRise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:25 am

And we still have another gear! Zach is still working to get back to his old efficient self.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#5 » by Butler4thewin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:25 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Monster game by Vuce. 32 and 17.

yes perfect timing for our 7th title
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#6 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:25 am

They've gotten gradually better since the trade and have really played four good games in a row now. Close losses to the two best teams in the NBA and now two wins in a row and finally looking really solid tonight. That was a great defensive effort.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
madvillian
RealGM

Post#7 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:26 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Monster game by Vuce. 32 and 17.

I liked that once Turner went out Chicago actually realized it and made it a point to feed him. Team IQ is getting higher.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#8 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:26 am

It was going to take some time for the new players to be adjusted to their roles and the new schemes, and the existing players getting adjusted also with the new players and their new roles also. To me at least, development of the younger players, and getting the team to be familiar with Billy and his system is priority over wins, though getting more wins along the way would be nice also.

We still need to make more moves, but we have found two solid foundational players in Zach, Vuc and Pat, and it's just now a matter of finding which of the other players on the roster fit long term and continue to build the team. The future is looking bright in my eyes, and I think it's next season where we become a legitimate playoff team, and make a splash.
Why so serious?
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#9 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:26 am

Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#10 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:27 am

32-17? wish they kept WCJ and drafted Corey Kispert this summer instead.

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,356

Post#11 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:28 am

The only thing I didnt like was how we started the 4th. That was our only sin tonight. Other than that it was great.

The bench did well. Lauri was really good. Coby was also good. TBJ played impactful defense.
The Cult of Personality
superdave
Rookie
And1: 439

Post#12 » by superdave » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:28 am

Vuc is a stud offensively. Starting to see some chemistry with Lavine, though Zach only looks 80% due to his ankle.

I like Donovan tightening the rotation. Williams looked great out there defensively. TBJ looks decent, but where did his offensive skills go from college? (maybe he's pressing) I love Coby as Ben Gordon lite- but seeing his floor game and getting worked by McConnell (again) has me wondering if he'll ever be an NBA starting guard. Nice W for the Bulls
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#13 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:29 am

Billy is starting to get it to click wit the new players and the rotation. I can't say this enough how awesome it is to have a real coach again!
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#14 » by Just_Bullz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:29 am

It was a game against understrength bums. C'mon guys, more work needed.

AK is planning like hell for the off-season now for sure.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#15 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:30 am

And yes we loss more than we won since the trade but 10 times outta 10 I would still do this trade without thinking twice. Vooch is just a stud and can't wait to see him and Zach click more.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Post#16 » by PaKii94 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:30 am

If somehow lauri is retained, Vuc is a great role model for him. It could help his post game going against him and he could learn rebounding and playing defense as a ground bound big.

Best game from the bulls so far after the trade.

Coby is unfortunately still a pretty big anchor

Didn't really like Zach's game tonight. Had some nice passes and I liked that dunk but I was questioning half his decisions. Also he needs to work on holding on the ball in the off season. It flies out of his hands half the time.

The game was over as soon as turner was out. They are not a good team without that many top players.

Monster game from Vuc. Happy he's getting integrated into the offense. He's a lot more reliable offensive engine. 29 FGA though. Even in Lauri's wildest dreams he couldn't get that many :lol:
madvillian
RealGM

Post#17 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:30 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Billy is starting to get it to click wit the new players and the rotation. I can't say this enough how awesome it is to have a real coach again!

I thought he killed it tonight with the rotations. Helps to have NBA players available at the wing.

MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#18 » by MGB8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:31 am

No Sabonis, no Brogdon, so can’t take too much away from this other than that the team looks improved.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#19 » by Butler4thewin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:33 am

kulaz3000 wrote:It was going to take some time for the new players to be adjusted to their roles and the new schemes, and the existing players getting adjusted also with the new players and their new roles also. To me at least, development of the younger players, and getting the team to be familiar with Billy and his system is priority over wins, though getting more wins along the way would be nice also.

We still need to make more moves, but we have found two solid foundational players in Zach, Vuc and Pat, and it's just now a matter of finding which of the other players on the roster fit long term and continue to build the team. The future is looking bright in my eyes, and I think it's next season where we become a legitimate playoff team, and make a splash.

i wonder who the pg target will be for the coach if lonzo becomes not a possibility
madvillian
RealGM

Post#20 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:33 am

Grodoboldo wrote:Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.

Great chin strap on Felicio tho, that's a pro beard.

Return to Chicago Bulls