ImageImage

ATL - LMA retires with heart issue - pg 78

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: ATL - 2021 Buyout market Dieng to sign with Spurs 

Post#1321 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:12 pm

Was looking at the ESPN under 25 rankings and Peltons version of 'warp' and wondered will we ever get to a point where we realize and accept these all encompassing player value formulas are a complete waste of time?

What a player is asked to do varies SO much by position, team make-up, and team play style. Because of this we're never going to just be able to plug some numbers in a formula and get any real accurate results. It's all just a fools errand.

The list itself is bad but I think that's on purpose to get clicks and discussion so I won't even go into it.
Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1322 » by emunney » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:45 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:Wood thought he was signing with a contender. Instead, the Rockets surrounded him with an atrocious supporting cast and are tanking harder than any team in the league. The Rockets are -28 with Wood on the floor this season and -190 without him. This is one year after the Pistons were +68 with Wood on the floor and -293 without him. Wood has missed 27 games over the past two seasons and the Pistons/Rockets are 4-23 in those games. I find it hard to blame Wood for being frustrated with his situation.

I'm jumping the gun on his tenure with the Rockets, kind of extrapolating on what's happened with past teams. Things like this just feel to me like the tip of an iceberg, but could be confirmation bias on the prior that he's at fault for being let go all those times, he being the constant in all those relationships.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1323 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:39 am

I feel like Simmons' career trajectory from here on out will depend greatly on his back-to-the-basket game. He can get to his spots, just has to finish 'em.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#1324 » by Profound23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:47 am

Adult Films Site Offers Paul Pierce $250K To Work As NBA Analyst With Strippers

I am guessing he negotiates for more, but I could definitely see this happening.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#1325 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:44 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Wood thought he was signing with a contender. Instead, the Rockets surrounded him with an atrocious supporting cast and are tanking harder than any team in the league. The Rockets are -28 with Wood on the floor this season and -190 without him. This is one year after the Pistons were +68 with Wood on the floor and -293 without him. Wood has missed 27 games over the past two seasons and the Pistons/Rockets are 4-23 in those games. I find it hard to blame Wood for being frustrated with his situation.

Wood has no clout. No one cares but him that he was "surrounded" with an atrocious supporting cast (you aren't wrong, mind you), than he thought he was playing for a contender, etc. Dude just needs to play basketball, be as good as he thinks he is, and let the rest come. Maybe then he'd actually have the clout to do something about it - or maybe, if he really is that good, his team wouldn't be atrocious :dontknow:

Well he has been playing basketball, and been pretty good at it. Unless you're saying he should will himself into not getting injured :o
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#1326 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:56 am

emunney wrote:Who will be the next team to learn the secret of why teams keep being fine with saying goodbye to Christian Wood?

Wood asked out in Milwaukee. The 2 GMs that let him walk? Troy Weaver and David Griffin. Both completely incompetent morons.

If Wood gets moved this offseason, hopefully it's to Milwaukee. He wants to win, and teams are undisputedly better with him on the floor.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#1327 » by jute2003 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:02 am

Embiid flopping around hunting for fouls against a person 5 inches and lots of pounds smaller than him is something special
only a fan, only an opinion
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#1328 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:02 am

Bogdan has been doing well the past ten games for the Hawks

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3037789/bogdan-bogdanovic
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#1329 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:02 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Wood has no clout. No one cares but him that he was "surrounded" with an atrocious supporting cast (you aren't wrong, mind you), than he thought he was playing for a contender, etc. Dude just needs to play basketball, be as good as he thinks he is, and let the rest come. Maybe then he'd actually have the clout to do something about it - or maybe, if he really is that good, his team wouldn't be atrocious :dontknow:

Well he has been playing basketball, and been pretty good at it. Unless you're saying he should will himself into not getting injured :o

He has played 27 games for Houston, has no rep from prior teams/accomplishments/seasons, and appears to be complaining about his role and is upset with the team. +/- stats in super small sample sizes on a terrible team do not count. 27 games do not count. Hell, he's started exactly half a season's worth of games in his entire career.

Clout in this situation absolutely matters. Christian Wood is absolutely nobody except a player some fans from his former teams cling to (no offense to you or anybody, just making the point about his clout).

Want to be taken seriously and recognized as a 20/10 player making a difference? Do it for a season - even better, like two or three - and get your team some wins.

I really just do not think it's coincidental he's been with 6 NBA teams in 6 seasons over 7 years. And I don't know why anyone thinks it is.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1330 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:05 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:Who will be the next team to learn the secret of why teams keep being fine with saying goodbye to Christian Wood?

Wood asked out in Milwaukee. The 2 GMs that let him walk? Troy Weaver and David Griffin. Both completely incompetent morons.

If Wood gets moved this offseason, hopefully it's to Milwaukee. He wants to win, and teams are undisputedly better with him on the floor.

Wood for Brook, Forbes, and a 2nd. Get it done.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#1331 » by Profound23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

We could have drafted Embiid........I hate that so much.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1332 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:15 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

He has played 27 games for Houston, has no rep from prior teams/accomplishments/seasons, and appears to be complaining about his role and is upset with the team. +/- stats in super small sample sizes on a terrible team do not count. 27 games do not count. Hell, he's started exactly half a season's worth of games in his entire career.

Clout in this situation absolutely matters. Christian Wood is absolutely nobody except a player some fans from his former teams cling to (no offense to you or anybody, just making the point about his clout).

Want to be taken seriously and recognized as a 20/10 player making a difference? Do it for a season - even better, like two or three - and get your team some wins.

I really just do not think it's coincidental he's been with 6 NBA teams in 6 seasons over 7 years. And I don't know why anyone thinks it is.

I agree that talking to the media about it is not a good look. Not something that I think he should be doing.
still learning the game

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#1333 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Bogdan has been doing well the past ten games for the Hawks

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3037789/bogdan-bogdanovic

His scoring has really taken off as he's gotten healthier. As much as I love Donte's defense, it would be nice if he could score the ball like Bogdan.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1334 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:25 am

Profound23 wrote:We could have drafted Embiid........I hate that so much.

We could have drafted Jokic, we were running a high post offense that needed a good passing center, we needed a young center to develop, but instead drafted Johnny O' Bryant. That's the one that gets me.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,983

Post#1335 » by Daver » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:54 am

So if this board could do the DDV trade again for bogdan( the way he has played for the oast 10 games ) how many would still say no to that.Bucks would have i think best starting 5 in NBA with bogdan
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1336 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:13 am

Daver wrote:So if this board could do the DDV trade again for bogdan( the way he has played for the oast 10 games ) how many would still say no to that.Bucks would have i think best starting 5 in NBA with bogdan

Then we must have that now, because Donte is better than Bogdan.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1337 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:18 am

Daver wrote:So if this board could do the DDV trade again for bogdan( the way he has played for the oast 10 games ) how many would still say no to that.Bucks would have i think best starting 5 in NBA with bogdan

But our defense and depth would be worse. It would make our offense better, I'll give you that, but we already have a good offense. I would pass tbh.
still learning the game

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#1338 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:41 am

Bogdan has been like this his whole career. He throws together stretches where he looks amazing and then by the end just looks pretty good. Can't imagine a 37% shooter shoots 50% over an extended stretch but maybe I'm wrong. TBH kinda reminds me of a lesser peak Middleton with his inconsistencies.

Feel pretty much the same as when it was going to go down. Donte isn't the ultimate role player and Bogdan isn't the ultimate scorer they're made out to be by defending factions but both are "pretty good" at what they do. Can pick your poison who you would prefer and be fine with that choice. I would say Bogdan is entering his prime and Donte is still years away from his so you can probably factor that in whatever way you want.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1339 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:51 am

OG picked up Schroder like he was a toddler :lift:.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1340 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:33 am

DeMarcus Cousins is averaging 32/18/9 per 36 with the Clippers.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks