ImageImageImage

I miss Fournier AOS: PHI 106, BOS 96 (25-26)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

I miss Fournier AOS: PHI 106, BOS 96 (25-26) 

Post#1 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:07 am

They're better than us this year, but boy oh boy this team can not score without Evan Fournier. Yikes

This offense without a Fournier-esque player just doesn't work because we don't have elite shot-making anymore.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Re: I miss Fournier AOS: PHI 106, BOS 96 (25-26) 

Post#2 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:08 am

People can get upset at the coach Walker,  Brown or whoever but the reality is Philly is just a much better team so it shouldn't come as a surprise to  anyone the Celtics didn't look anything like they did the  last two games where they played two G league level teams.

These wins and losses really don't mean a whole lot because the the bulls have no shot of making the playoffs and the paces are absolutely terrible so they're not going to make it either so the good news is there is virtually no chance of the Celtics missing the playoffs.
*Insert witty signature here.*
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#3 » by itrsteve » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:09 am

Turnovers

Don’t bother complaining about the soft calls on Embiid until we figure out how to take care of the ball, pathetic.
CeltsFlow
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,716

Post#4 » by CeltsFlow » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

At least Miami is gonna lose
Froob wrote:SVG is like JVG from an alternate reality where JVG is interested in talking about the game

Kabookalu wrote:[Dillon] Brooks has a mediocre driving game, but insists that he's prime Manu Ginobili.

It's time to win basketball games
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Post#5 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

This is on the Jays and Kemba they were terrible this game on both ends. Fournier wouldn’t have made much of a difference if our top 3 options played like that.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#6 » by Kalela » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

Has Stevens ever beat Rivers. Somehow I don't recall that happening. Not recently anyway. In any case, I really don't understand the genius behind doubling off someone like Kormaz or Danny Green.
Fire Mazzulla
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#7 » by Jammer » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

Reality Check. Celts played a Championship Contender tonight. Ojeleye and Grant W. were their usual trash. Not having Fournier to spread the floor and make some shots really hurt. But Tatum and Brown did not play like All-Stars. The team has been spoiled by Rob Williams having Big Games. Tacko couldn't do it in his absence, but maybe deserved a few more minutes. And Thompson was absent. Bad night to be short Bigs. And Kemba didn't (couldn't) do enough against the Giant PGs on Philly.

An alternative view:

Pts. + Rebounds + (0.5 x Assists) + Steals + (0.5 x Blocks) - Missed FGs - (0.5 x Missed Free Throws) - Turnovers - (0.5 x Fouls)

+13.5 Jayson Tatum (35 minutes) - not good enough
+11.5 Jaylen Brown (33 minutes)
+10.5 Kemba Walker (36 minutes) - overmatched against the Big Philly athletes

+8.5 Marcus Smart (36 minutes) - not good enough for 36 minutes of court time
+8 Rob Williams III (14 minutes) - great while on floor but needed a lot more than 14 minutes from Rob
+7.5 Luke Kornet (15 minutes)
+5.5 Payton Pritchard (9 minutes) - deserved more minutes from either Kemba or Smart
+5 Tremont Waters (2 minutes)

+3.5 Tacko Fall (9 minutes)
+2.5 Mo Wagner (4 minutes)
+1.5 Romeo Langford (14 minutes) - not good for 14 minutes
+1 Aaron Nesmith (1 minute)
+0.5 Carsen Edwards (1 minute)
+0.5 Semi Ojeleye (12 minutes) - there's a reason I pleaded for an upgrade 20 months ago
0 Grant Williams (16 minutes)
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,246

Post#8 » by TheMartian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:11 am

We literally have only one tough guy in the team. ONE. The rest are a bunch of wussies.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,221

Post#9 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:11 am

Need someone who can drive to the rim, draw fouls, and/or post up when initial play breaks down. Our half-court offense is exposed against tougher defenses. Didn't help that our best passing big took himself out of the game early with silly fouls and that Smart/Brown were super casual with the ball.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#10 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:11 am

Also I really don't get how losing to a better team deserves an ass of shame title. I mean shouldn't that title be reserved for losses against teams that are worse than the Celtics?
*Insert witty signature here.*
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#11 » by JHTruth » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:11 am

What can you say. Embiid is simply unguardable at this point with the calls he gets. And they have a nice supporting cast and a great coach.

I'm taking Philly over the Nets..
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#12 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:12 am

I hope we see much less Robert Williams is a star after tonight. 6'8" centers with low BBIQ don't stack up well against true centers. We've managed to avoid many of those recently due to injuries/rest but tonight gives you the reality of the situation. Also, if your best player is Jaylen Brown you aren't going anywhere. He's got to have some of the worst hands and BBIQ in the league for a SG and is just an average defender now.
If I'm Nesmith I'm begging my agent to get me the hell out of here. Langford isn't it. And to lose minutes to him, Semi, and Grant Williams means Brad has something personal against him.
Don't worry, we'll face some more teams absent multiple starters so everyone can pretend TimeLord is special and we're golden now that Langford is back. Fret not.
JHTruth
RealGM

Post#13 » by JHTruth » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:13 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:I hope we see much less Robert Williams is a star after tonight. 6'8" centers with low BBIQ don't stack up well against true centers. We've managed to avoid many of those recently due to injuries/rest but tonight gives you the reality of the situation. Also, if your best player is Jaylen Brown you aren't going anywhere. He's got to have some of the worst hands and BBIQ in the league for a SG and is just an average defender now.
If I'm Nesmith I'm begging my agent to get me the hell out of here. Langford isn't it. And to lose minutes to him, Semi, and Grant Williams means Brad has something personal against him.
Don't worry, we'll face some more teams absent multiple starters so everyone can pretend TimeLord is special and we're golden now that Langford is back. Fret not.

LOL F**** off bro. Nesmith going to demand a trade?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#14 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:13 am

TURRIBLE.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#15 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:16 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:I hope we see much less Robert Williams is a star after tonight. 6'8" centers with low BBIQ don't stack up well against true centers. We've managed to avoid many of those recently due to injuries/rest but tonight gives you the reality of the situation. Also, if your best player is Jaylen Brown you aren't going anywhere. He's got to have some of the worst hands and BBIQ in the league for a SG and is just an average defender now.

Time lord is starting like his 6th game and is 23. There are no embiid stoppers in the league who can routinely win that match up or play it to a net neutral often. He’s giving up like 30-40 pounds to the guy. He played horrible tonight and ha mental lapses.

Still gonna be a very good player and that’s the actual reality of the situation
JHTruth
RealGM

Post#16 » by JHTruth » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:17 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:

Time lord is starting like his 6th game and is 23. There are no embiid stoppers in the league who can routinely win that match up or play it to a net neutral often. He’s giving up like 30-40 pounds to the guy. He played horrible tonight and ha mental lapses.

Still gonna be a very good player and that’s the actual reality of the situation

Rob didn't have his best game no doubt but he was the least of our problems tonight. TO after TO and going throw it in the ocean
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 824

Post#17 » by JimmyFromNz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:17 am

To me this is hardly AOS worthy? We were missing some key players and beaten end-end by a contender, who are connected and playing on a string. Our weaknesses shone, but I'm not sure there is much to be upset with given we know what this team is at this point in the season.

This was the biggest test for Timelord so far, with no back up and having about 4 threats on the 76ers all looking to take it into his body. He failed, which is ok, but it felt like he took himself out of the game with some decision making in contesting shots that turned into unnecessary fouls.

I thought the lone bright spot was Langford's activity in limited minutes. Nothing really stands out in the boxscore, but he was active on defense taking the charge, and had some nice kicks to the shooters. It was a pleasant surprise to see him incorporated as more than just a spot up shooter. Give him another 10 games to get the conditioning right and I think we will be pretty happy with what we have at the end of the season.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#18 » by 31to6 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:18 am

To rub salt in the wounds, Paul Reed came off their bench in the last minute and got a sexy block. Dammit!

Tip your cap to them, good game by the Sixers. Fournier may have helped us keep it closer, but with the way we were turning the ball over and settling for fadeaway threes, we weren’t getting it done tonight.

I was excited to see Tacko play some real minutes, and thought he did fine. Good job, coach! Be brave!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,886

Post#19 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:18 am

JHTruth wrote:

LOL F**** off bro. Nesmith going to demand a trade?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The one thing worse than seeing the Celtics play rudderless is seeing takes like this. So much drivel in that post, it's not even worth addressing.
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,537

Post#20 » by Setshot33 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:19 am

What's funny?

After all the wheeling and dealing with draft picks and the tinkering around the trade deadline...Danny has basically bought himself a .500 treadmill.

Good job.
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach

Return to Boston Celtics