ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 21 games left

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,258

Re: PG: 21 games left 

Post#101 » by pingpongrac » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:17 am

WeThe2019Champs wrote:Garbage game, Pascal can't score when we need him to score.
I don't know what people expected tonight. Without our 2 starting PGs, it's going to be even harder to score than usual. Tack on the fact that we were severely undermanned (short roster, Hood+Watson+McCaw+Harris also out) and on a B2B then lost OG before the 1st quarter ended, it was pretty clear this was going to be a blowout loss. At least they made it somewhat interesting in the second half. They had no business being within 20 points of the Lakers on 3FG difference alone (18 3FGM for LAL, 5 3FGM for TOR -- 39 point differential).

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#102 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:34 am

OG embracing tWo with that sidewalk slam lmao. all he needed to do was give dennis a nice hogan leg drop and then spray paint tWo on his back. what a fkn legend OG is
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
VanYeet
Ballboy
And1: 61

Post#103 » by VanYeet » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:44 am

Laughing hard at people still wanting to win meaningless games.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#104 » by LastNameEver » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:19 am

Team mediocre needs to stay far away with this play-in BS and getting mad at players on social media when they lose. We’re gonna tank and we’re gonna get a lotto pick, like it or not.

No more of this end of the draft nonsense. When its time for these guys to get paid everybody starts cringing. That doesn’t happen with high end talent.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,563

Post#105 » by Brinbe » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:21 am

God Squad wrote:
Read on Twitter

Face of a man who did not give a F :lol: . Tank keeps on rolling

major scott hall vibes

:lol:

F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,499

Post#106 » by F22_Raptor » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:23 am

7 years of beating the Lakers! Impressive run. Bravo Raps.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,990

Post#107 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:44 pm

Will THT be the first prospect to develop into a star on a LeBron team?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,722

Post#108 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:54 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Will THT be the first prospect to develop into a star on a LeBron team?

His gamelogs say no.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,231

Post#109 » by niQ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:37 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Team Denial right now...

Baiting. Warned.
niQ

Guys, enough of these baiting/Team whatever posts. It's immature and we've heard it ad nauseam.

We're all Raptors fans at the end of the day. We can have fans rooting for the team, and we can have fans hoping for a high draft pick. Both are fine and are what fans do. In the end, we all just want what's best for our team.
However, Baiting other users is not tolerated and just makes you look bad.

As a reminder, if you see a post that is against forum rules, please report it instead of engaging/attacking the user (which could earn yourself a warning).
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#110 » by wtcantfw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
WeThe2019Champs wrote:Garbage game, Pascal can't score when we need him to score.
I don't know what people expected tonight. Without our 2 starting PGs, it's going to be even harder to score than usual. Tack on the fact that we were severely undermanned (short roster, Hood+Watson+McCaw+Harris also out) and on a B2B then lost OG before the 1st quarter ended, it was pretty clear this was going to be a blowout loss. At least they made it somewhat interesting in the second half. They had no business being within 20 points of the Lakers on 3FG difference alone (18 3FGM for LAL, 5 3FGM for TOR -- 39 point differential).

So pat ourselves on the back for not getting completely blown out by a team missing their two superstars?

As for what was expected, I would say better shooting from Pascal than 33% FG and 0% 3pt. This is exactly the type of game that I'd expect a true star to step up in and take over. This performance is just another example of why we need to throw away this season for the chance at a legit 1st option, no matter how slim. With COVID and being in Tampa, it's the perfect scenario for it really.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#111 » by radeonboy » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:43 pm

So I missed this game. It turned out to be a wonderful tank game apparently by OG. What was he thinking? LMAO he looked like he had no clue what happened.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,907

Post#112 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:56 pm

niQ wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Team Denial right now...

Baiting. Warned.
niQ

Guys, enough of these baiting/Team whatever posts. It's immature and we've heard it ad nauseam.

We're all Raptors fans at the end of the day. We can have fans rooting for the team, and we can have fans hoping for a high draft pick. Both are fine and are what fans do. In the end, we all just want what's best for our team.
However, Baiting other users is not tolerated and just makes you look bad.

As a reminder, if you see a post that is against forum rules, please report it instead of engaging/attacking the user (which could earn yourself a warning).

Amen. The only reason I want a 21 game "tank" is to get a starter difference maker this draft. After that I never want to see tWo again. All competition killing nonsense but, a must when nobody tier one ever signs with us. So "tanking" is the blemish on a league that pushes stars to the usual suspects markets. Tanking if necessary but not necessarily tanking!
wikkidbigshot
Freshman
And1: 106

Post#113 » by wikkidbigshot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:43 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
tanuki1031 wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:What was OG actually trying to do there? Did he get interviewed?

He put Shroedonger on sidewalk slams that's what.

Schroeder can never play tough again. That must've been so emasculating. He just helped everyone up the rest of the night, even the Raptors. He's beyond Rip Hamilton and Willy Cauley Stein level of emasculation.
Maybe homer googles, but see OG just didnt think and his leg was locked uo so he needed to move dennis to gain his balance. He forgot he has ox strength and its a paperweight body so he baby carried him which got people up in arms. I dont see any emotion or ill intend before the action.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,453

Post#114 » by Mikistan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:02 pm

wikkidbigshot wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
tanuki1031 wrote:
He put Shroedonger on sidewalk slams that's what.

Schroeder can never play tough again. That must've been so emasculating. He just helped everyone up the rest of the night, even the Raptors. He's beyond Rip Hamilton and Willy Cauley Stein level of emasculation.
Maybe homer googles, but see OG just didnt think and his leg was locked uo so he needed to move dennis to gain his balance. He forgot he has ox strength and its a paperweight body so he baby carried him which got people up in arms. I dont see any emotion or ill intend before the action.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Imagine getting hacked on a layup attempt and having the guy continue to ride and hold you after the play

Schroeder was "holding OG to not let him fall"??

Please, get off me stop touching me when you just intentionally hard fouled me
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#115 » by Sandman88 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:35 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

So pat ourselves on the back for not getting completely blown out by a team missing their two superstars?

As for what was expected, I would say better shooting from Pascal than 33% FG and 0% 3pt. This is exactly the type of game that I'd expect a true star to step up in and take over. This performance is just another example of why we need to throw away this season for the chance at a legit 1st option, no matter how slim. With COVID and being in Tampa, it's the perfect scenario for it really.

Pascal is not a star and he is on one of the worst contracts in the league. The regression started last year when he returned from injury.

The poor attitude, suspensions and not touching a basketball during the pandemic tell me that’s he enjoys blaming others for his poor play.

He looked very good playing behind Kawhi and Kyle and now he’s been essentially exposed.

Need to cut bait in the offseason somehow.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,293

Post#116 » by Dalek » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:38 pm

The rare showing of anger from OG (if you can call it that), and the late coaches' challenge says that the Lakers came in with over-the-top physicality to start the game. They saw Toronto as short-handed, on a b2b, a bit small upfront and they hit them hard trying to knock them out in the first half.

Lakers are a very physical defensive team, with Schroeder, Caldwell-Pope, Morris, and even their deeper bench guys like THT and Cacock. These guys are there to hit you hard. The whole game was chippy and it was Vogel's gameplan to amp things up.

That said, watching the bad parts of the game, you have to wonder what the team is doing giving up so many open threes. The amount of help defense at the rim is crazy. Those corner threes on kickouts were on auto-repeat. Yuta was especially bad at providing too much help.

I know Gillespie is not the answer, but Toronto needs a big body in the paint in a bad way. Hopefully they experiment with Gillespie because they can't allow teams to beat them up on both sides like that.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,996

Post#117 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:56 pm

Dalek wrote:The rare showing of anger from OG (if you can call it that), and the late coaches' challenge says that the Lakers came in with over-the-top physicality to start the game. They saw Toronto as short-handed, on a b2b, a bit small upfront and they hit them hard trying to knock them out in the first half.

Lakers are a very physical defensive team, with Schroeder, Caldwell-Pope, Morris, and even their deeper bench guys like THT and Cacock. These guys are there to hit you hard. The whole game was chippy and it was Vogel's gameplan to amp things up.

That said, watching the bad parts of the game, you have to wonder what the team is doing giving up so many open threes. The amount of help defense at the rim is crazy. Those corner threes on kickouts were on auto-repeat. Yuta was especially bad at providing too much help.

I know Gillespie is not the answer, but Toronto needs a big body in the paint in a bad way. Hopefully they experiment with Gillespie because they can't allow teams to beat them up on both sides like that.

This is where management failed for me. To come into this season without a younger project big is a big miss. Watching moses brown on the Thunder is frustrating.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,636

Post#118 » by Inevitable » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:03 pm

Wondering if the NBA suspends FVV a game for leaving the bench
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#119 » by rarefind » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:13 pm

Hopefully the whole team gets suspended for the year.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,681

Post#120 » by Bruin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:13 pm

Inevitable wrote:Wondering if the NBA suspends FVV a game for leaving the bench

I’m hoping for an OG suspension lol

Return to Toronto Raptors