ImageImageImage

Game 51 : Philadelphia 76ers (34-16) @ Boston Celtics (25-25) l Tuesday l 7:30pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Re: Game 51 : Philadelphia 76ers (34-16) @ Boston Celtics (25-25) l Tuesday l 7:30pm 

Post#141 » by Sixersftw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:08 am

eyeatoma wrote:So this is why Ben has been having issues. His half-brother who he's very close to (Sean Tribe I believe), molested his sister since she was 3. Yeah that's definitely got to mess with you a bit. Glad to know it's not the knee. Horrible to hear what happened to his sister. This is probably rocking Ben's world right now. I believe Ben just bought him a brand new car recently.

Unless there is a different half-brother.

Read on Twitter

Sir, what in the banana blue ****? If that's what's going on then Ben is probably sleepwalking through life right now. Jesus christ.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Re: Game 51 : Philadelphia 76ers (34-16) @ Boston Celtics (25-25) l Tuesday l 7:30pm 

Post#142 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:12 am

Sixersftw wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:So this is why Ben has been having issues. His half-brother who he's very close to (Sean Tribe I believe), molested his sister since she was 3. Yeah that's definitely got to mess with you a bit. Glad to know it's not the knee. Horrible to hear what happened to his sister. This is probably rocking Ben's world right now. I believe Ben just bought him a brand new car recently.

Read on Twitter

Sir, what in the banana blue ****? If that's what's going on then Ben is probably sleepwalking through life right now. Jesus christ.

Could also be Liam. Apparently Ben also has another half-brother, so maybe it's not Sean Tribe.

EDIT: Apparently in a deleted tweet she said it wasn't Liam. So yikes, it is Sean Tribe, Ben's mentor.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#143 » by Sixersftw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:17 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:

Read on Twitter

Could also be Liam. Apparently Ben also has another half-brother, so maybe it's not Sean Tribe.

I think thats the one he trains with iirc. I guess we shall see.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#144 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:17 am

Sixersftw wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:Sir, what in the banana blue ****? If that's what's going on then Ben is probably sleepwalking through life right now. Jesus christ.

I think thats the one he trains with iirc. I guess we shall see.

It's Sean... Sean Tribe is the one she's talking about, see my previous post.

Wait he trains with both brothers?
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#145 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:29 am

I’m not comparing Embiid to either that’s silly stuff.

The flaws in their roster has more to do with their Big man/PG depth not the two wings

They played as good as you can get for their age demos (especially Tatum he’s over two years young younger than Simmons ffs). Raptor series Tatum was on fire and both of them killed us.

And saying they can’t pass is a bit extreme. Tatum has shown facilitating chops.

He has 4 seasons before his true prime. Way to early to tell and they’ve both been to the ECF 2x.

It’s a great core and I stand by that.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#146 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:34 am

eyeatoma wrote:So this is why Ben has been having issues (where he said there's a lot going on right now). His half-brother who he's very close to (Sean Tribe I believe), molested his sister since she was 3. Yeah that's definitely got to mess with you a bit. Glad to know it's not the knee. Horrible to hear what happened to his sister. This is probably rocking Ben's world right now. I believe Ben just bought him a brand new car recently.

Unless there is a different half-brother. I believe this is the guy who trained him also. So given that they have that bond, it has to mess with your psyche that the person who trained you all your life, molested your sister as a little girl.

Read on Twitter

Damn it I mentioned him being NQR outside of Basketball. If this is true his mentality hasn’t been sound for awhile.

This is probably the worst news (besides a death in the family) you can experience. Absolutely horrendous stuff.

Get well Ben. Basketball can take a backseat. Surprised he didn’t take time off. This is no joke really tragic stuff.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#147 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:09 am

DCasey91 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:So this is why Ben has been having issues (where he said there's a lot going on right now). His half-brother who he's very close to (Sean Tribe I believe), molested his sister since she was 3. Yeah that's definitely got to mess with you a bit. Glad to know it's not the knee. Horrible to hear what happened to his sister. This is probably rocking Ben's world right now. I believe Ben just bought him a brand new car recently.

Unless there is a different half-brother. I believe this is the guy who trained him also. So given that they have that bond, it has to mess with your psyche that the person who trained you all your life, molested your sister as a little girl.

Read on Twitter

Damn it I mentioned him being NQR outside of Basketball. If this is true his mentality hasn’t been sound for awhile.

This is probably the worst news (besides a death in the family) you can experience. Absolutely horrendous stuff.

Get well Ben. Basketball can take a backseat. Surprised he didn’t take time off. This is no joke really tragic stuff.

What does NQR stand for?
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#148 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:36 am

eyeatoma wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Read on Twitter

What does NQR stand for?

Not quite right my man
Philly2good
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#149 » by Philly2good » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:40 am

Stanford wrote:Ben so skilled wow

Maybe you should leave the guy alone...Players aren't robots
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#150 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:52 am

DCasey91 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

What does NQR stand for?

Not quite right my man
Ah got it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#151 » by VDT » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:31 am

HotelVitale wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't get it. This is the same exact Boston team as last season, but they are not nearly as good despite the improvements from Jaylen Brown who happens to be one of my favorite players in the game.

There list too lost Hayward too whose probably the most efficient one out of the three wings. Easily the best facilitator out of three

Hayward explanation doesn't work for me--he was terrible two years ago, and last season they were 14-6 when Hayward was injured in the RS. And Hayward missed almost all of the PO, including all of the really good series they played against the Raptors (and almost all of the series against us). So they were still a top-7 or so team without Hayward last year, can't be the main reason for the drop off.

stormi wrote: Their first ECF was also on the back of a genuinely stacked roster with the chuckers + Smart, Horford, Rozier, Morris, Hayward etc. Most of those players are gone.
Not sure that's the right explanation either: Hayward didn't play at all that year (zero minutes in that playoff run), Rozier was his usual ridiculously inefficient self besides a few hero games against us, Morris shot 36% that playoffs (30% against us), and they still have Smart.

I get that it helps a lot to have competent vets out there, but it just seems like they were better than sum of parts for the past 3 years, and now whatever intangible thing was making that happen aint there anymore.

Horford and Hayward were the glue guys and helped the offense flow better. Kemba was also better last year. Now the dont have anyone to run the offense, Tatum and Brown are #2 (if that) and #3 options really and mostly iso guys with a tendency to chuck and the guys next to them are either very limited, young or washed up (kemba). And they have no size other than Tacko Fall who the only thing that he has is size.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,153

Post#152 » by M2J » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:13 am

That's really tragic. Hope she gets the help anyone would need after something like that. Don't know how their family lives forward there. Madness
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#153 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:38 pm

This is the same sister that is bi-polar? She is making acquisitions against her brother. The brother is probably denying it and Ben is smack dab in the middle. Plus the fact that Ben is so close with this brother. Just crazy. Basketball is probably the only place you feel you can leave this behind but then it seeps into your mind while playing and there is no place to hide.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
NADALalot
Senior
And1: 352

Post#154 » by NADALalot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:27 pm

DCasey91 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I've had deaths in my family, but they were from old age, very expected.....so molesting a 3-year-old would be a hundred times worse.
But murder would be a different comparison.
Anyway, Ben Simmons may not be playing his best basketball, but he's playing well enough to lead Philly to the NBA Finals unless they bump into Brooklyn (but who knows what the health status of Brooklyn will be).
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#155 » by Negrodamus » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:01 pm

This game never seemed to be close, but it really just shows the importance of Embiid. With Tobi only scoring 10 points, who would have stepped up to put points on the board if Embiid was out? This would have been a close game and probably an L without him. He's such an absolute freak. Definite MVP in my opinion.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Post#156 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:34 pm

Negrodamus wrote:This game never seemed to be close, but it really just shows the importance of Embiid. With Tobi only scoring 10 points, who would have stepped up to put points on the board if Embiid was out? This would have been a close game and probably an L without him. He's such an absolute freak. Definite MVP in my opinion.

I agree but there was a point in the game where Taco was in that Embiid was not Embiid. Taking ill advised 3's and missing and just disrupting the flow of the offense....yeah I said it Embiid was disrupting the flow of the 76ers offense. Boston got the score down to about 10 or 11 then the 76ers/ Embiid found their mojo again and all was right with the basketball world. But that short period of time had me worried.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
SRM82
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#157 » by SRM82 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:27 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:This game never seemed to be close, but it really just shows the importance of Embiid. With Tobi only scoring 10 points, who would have stepped up to put points on the board if Embiid was out? This would have been a close game and probably an L without him. He's such an absolute freak. Definite MVP in my opinion.

I agree but there was a point in the game where Taco was in that Embiid was not Embiid. Taking ill advised 3's and missing and just disrupting the flow of the offense....yeah I said it Embiid was disrupting the flow of the 76ers offense. Boston got the score down to about 10 or 11 then the 76ers/ Embiid found their mojo again and all was right with the basketball world. But that short period of time had me worried.

I’d say Joel is about 60% right now but At least this didn’t happen going into the playoffs. He should be full strength by playoff time.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#158 » by HardenToSixers » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:40 pm

Obviously might be affecting him not going to assume anything. But I feel like Ben has had to put up with so much stuff given her issues mentally and the spotlight always on him that he is probably pretty good at tuning it out. I don’t think his poor play is because of this. I obviously could be totally wrong.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#159 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:50 pm

HardenToSixers wrote:Obviously might be affecting him not going to assume anything. But I feel like Ben has had to put up with so much stuff given her issues mentally and the spotlight always on him that he is probably pretty good at tuning it out. I don’t think his poor play is because of this. I obviously could be totally wrong.

It definitely is especially if he’s close with both. I heard a couple stories like this from friends/family. Horrific endings too.

Like all the way bad as you can imagine.

I’m guessing his sanctuary is his video games. He’s very good at that and he has streamed a lot more recently. Makes sense he’s introverted anyway

If it’s true it devastating, if it’s an accusation either way the collateral can be huge.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#160 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:28 am

Tobi is a good player but he’s not that guy. He should be third option on offense while Ben should be fourth.

That says two things. We need a legit secondary scorer and Embiid is really good that he can make up for this big hole the team lacks.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers