ImageImageImage

It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,541

Re: It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread 

Post#1601 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:28 pm

Ainge must be in talks with Kendrick Perkins on a rest of year contract.
winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#1602 » by winsomme2 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:01 pm

We desperately need another big. These are the games where the Theis trade is a glaring impact.

You can't be playing Grant at center and expect to have a competitive game. It's demoralizing.

Any word on Olynyk?
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1603 » by greenroom31 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:26 pm

winsomme2 wrote:We desperately need another big. These are the games where the Theis trade is a glaring impact.

You can't be playing Grant at center and expect to have a competitive game. It's demoralizing.

Any word on Olynyk?

We just needed Rob to not foul out in 14 minutes. There is no random waiver wire guy who is going to slow Embiid down any more than the guys we have on the roster.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#1604 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:49 pm

This game is why I want to trade Jaylen Brown for a young big with talent.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#1605 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:51 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:This game is why I want to trade Jaylen Brown for a young big with talent.

Who is this magical big who can stand up to Embiid effectively? I think 90% of the board would be in favor of packaging Brown to get a guy like KAT, but short of him there's not really a "young big with talent" that would do much better for us against JoJo. The guy's just a monster.

Bigger issue was we had no ball movement/penetration against their D. JoJo has eaten us up in past years but we've torched them defensively thanks to spacing/ability to draw him from the rim.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#1606 » by BK_2020 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:52 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Kemba's issue is that his contract has now outpaced his value and I think most all of us realize that. He's not good enough at his pricepoint that you don't have to still add more talent, but can't because his cost is prohibitive. Given your beliefs on the matter, quick question:

At the deadline, Atlanta tried to get Jaylen, Supposedly Danny said you'd have to give up Young and Hunter. Would you have done that deal for us if you had your way?

I would trade Jaylen for Trae straight up if the CBA allowed it. Trae Young is an incredible talent, and good teams can hide his defensive issues. A great pnr orchestrator like Lebron will exploit match ups, but there aren't that many in the league and a Lebron will find a mismatch no matter who we run out.
If Kemba gets back to 2019-2020 level he will be fine. Already Kemba is only 26% of the cap, and that's with the cap not rising as rapidly as it was expected to. Sportrac is forecasting $115.7 mil for 2022-2023 cap. He will be a mere 20% against the cap at that point and will be movable. We aren't contending in 2021-2022 anyway.

Not sure about your math

Kemba is 31.5% of the cap this year and will be 32.5% in 22/23

Yeah lol don't know what I was looking at. Just saw 20% on Sportrac and got excited.
winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#1607 » by winsomme2 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:53 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
winsomme2 wrote:We desperately need another big. These are the games where the Theis trade is a glaring impact.

Any word on Olynyk?

We just needed Rob to not foul out in 14 minutes. There is no random waiver wire guy who is going to slow Embiid down any more than the guys we have on the roster.

No but Kelly is a stretch big who could legit make shots and is better than Grant.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#1608 » by BK_2020 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:00 pm

Age 31 Conley with $32 mil. (or 29% of the cap) left was traded for a first and a bunch of young prospects. This is after a career filled with mediocrity and injuries. Kemba with one year left is tradeable. Let's not lose hope, everyone. This team can still be blown up for picks and prospects!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,851

Post#1609 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:10 pm

greenroom31 wrote:

Any word on Olynyk?

Festus Ezeli. Only 31. Lol.

But seriously, Enes Kanter could've helped. Guy's at least physical with Embiid and forces him to take his midrange jumpers.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#1610 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:47 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Age 31 Conley with $32 mil. (or 29% of the cap) left was traded for a first and a bunch of young prospects. This is after a career filled with mediocrity and injuries. Kemba with one year left is tradeable. Let's not lose hope, everyone. This team can still be blown up for picks and prospects!

We're not getting picks and prospects for Kemba.

Our best hope is we hold him this offseason and wait for a team with cap space to miss out on some key FAs and have some money to burn in their pocket. For example, I could see a team like the Knicks pursue him. If Dallas misses out on their top choices as well, they may want a look; they pursued Kemba last time around and if we are willing to trade him without needing a FRP, maybe they bite on something like Kemba for Richardson and Kleber. Richardson expires next year and Kleber would be a nice fit at the 4 for us, and that would give us a lot more cap flexibility to improve the team in other ways.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1611 » by robdog_5 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 pm

Were only gonna get another unwanted deal in return for Kemba.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1612 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:36 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:I would trade Jaylen for Trae straight up if the CBA allowed it. Trae Young is an incredible talent, and good teams can hide his defensive issues. A great pnr orchestrator like Lebron will exploit match ups, but there aren't that many in the league and a Lebron will find a mismatch no matter who we run out.
If Kemba gets back to 2019-2020 level he will be fine. Already Kemba is only 26% of the cap, and that's with the cap not rising as rapidly as it was expected to. Sportrac is forecasting $115.7 mil for 2022-2023 cap. He will be a mere 20% against the cap at that point and will be movable. We aren't contending in 2021-2022 anyway.

Not sure about your math

Yeah lol don't know what I was looking at. Just saw 20% on Sportrac and got excited.

Not only that. There are four players on this team who take at least 10 shots a game. The first 2 are our All-Stars, the Jay's the second 2 have these shooting numbers:

39/35/94
40/33/78

And the "94% FT guy gets to the line only 3 times a game. You want to look at problems on this team you start right here. We have too many shots going to guys who are inefficient scorers. That is our current starting backcourt. You want to look at problems on this team, IMHO you can start there.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
gammajamma
Junior
And1: 253

Post#1613 » by gammajamma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:22 pm

It is pretty frustrating to see Gordon thrive in Denver in ways that could really help us.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#1614 » by BK_2020 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:27 pm

Should've picked Jamal Murray then we never trade for Kyrie or sign Kemba.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,940

Post#1615 » by darrendaye » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:28 pm

gammajamma wrote:It is pretty frustrating to see Gordon thrive in Denver in ways that could really help us.

How are we defining "thrive?" And what cost was worth this level of help? Fournier has helped. Langford looks like he can help.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
gammajamma
Junior
And1: 253

Post#1616 » by gammajamma » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:38 pm

darrendaye wrote:
gammajamma wrote:It is pretty frustrating to see Gordon thrive in Denver in ways that could really help us.

How are we defining "thrive?" And what cost was worth this level of help? Fournier has helped. Langford looks like he can help.

He is looking like an elite defender and role player for them. He was huge for them against defending the clippers wing players and seems to have chemistry with Jokic. He is moving a lot without the ball and passing in their system and I think their chemistry will only improve.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1617 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:00 pm

gammajamma wrote:
darrendaye wrote:

He is looking like an elite defender and role player for them. He was huge for them against defending the clippers wing players and seems to have chemistry with Jokic. He is moving a lot without the ball and passing in their system and I think their chemistry will only improve.

He is putting up and obscene fg% as well.
His Efg% since going to Denver has him at 2nd in the nba.

Excellent role player
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1618 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:02 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
Not sure about your math

Not only that. There are four players on this team who take at least 10 shots a game. The first 2 are our All-Stars, the Jay's the second 2 have these shooting numbers:

39/35/94
40/33/78

And the "94% FT guy gets to the line only 3 times a game. You want to look at problems on this team you start right here. We have too many shots going to guys who are inefficient scorers. That is our current starting backcourt. You want to look at problems on this team, IMHO you can start there.

Smart is worth keeping imo.
6th man and spot starter.

or have him surrounded by healthy talent that keeps him firmly in his 4th/5th option role.

Him trying to pick up the slack and being the 3rd, sometimes 2nd option will never work.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1619 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:05 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Yeah lol don't know what I was looking at. Just saw 20% on Sportrac and got excited.

39/35/94
40/33/78

or have him surrounded by healthy talent that keeps him firmly in his 4th/5th option role.

Him trying to pick up the slack and being the 3rd, sometimes 2nd option will never work.

Worth keeping but "at what cost?" is what I keep coming back to? What do you have his value at on a re-sign right now? I think he's priced himself out of our financial maneuverability and beyond his current value.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1620 » by JediMasterRevan » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:09 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

39/35/94
40/33/78

Worth keeping but "at what cost?" is what I keep coming back to? What do you have his value at on a re-sign right now? I think he's priced himself out of our financial maneuverability and beyond his current value.

I think he gets 18-21 million per season.

He is still going to miss games
he is still going to miss shots
but he is an excellent glue guy do whatever is needed type.

I think that is high pay for that type of guy.

And when we finally get off of Kemba it will be fine.

Return to Boston Celtics