Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Vuce is loose

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,547

Re: PG: The Vuce is loose 

Post#101 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:41 pm

Dominater wrote:Yea I agree with ZOMG here. They bum slayed. I want this team to be good as much as anyone, but to me these are golf claps. They beat Brooklyn with no KD or Harden, now the Pacers with no Sabonis or Bam. Next up is the Raps with all their top guys out.

It seems to me every year that stars play fewer games. It's not at all unusual to play teams that are missing two of their three best players. So in that sense, I will count these as real victories, because such is the modern NBA.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#102 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:41 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:32-17? wish they kept WCJ and drafted Corey Kispert this summer instead.

I laughed to hard at this. And most the posters who are against it don't post in here when they win. But if they lost they be the first ones in this thread saying told us so. LoL
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#103 » by MGB8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:46 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:No Sabonis, no Brogdon, so can’t take too much away from this other than that the team looks improved.

I don't really think that matters at this point with this squad. Whoever is on the floor they need to ball against the same way they get up for a top seeded team. Every team in the league is dealing with injuries or covid scratches and the Bulls have managed to drop quite a few games to teams in that situation.

They won this handily as they should with no hero ball from Zach needed

Yeah I don't get it, people act like this should have been an easy win... but we were 2-pt favorites and won by 16. I can take something out of that LOL.

We should go back to the game thread and see how many people had us winning easily before the game started. Nothing against MGB8, maybe he had us winning by double-digits?

I know it seems like I've never seen a "we won easily, we should have" poster predict an easy win BEFORE the game.

I think you are taking what I wrote too strongly.

I don't think this was "bum slaying" like a bunch of other folks wrote. I do think that because the Pacers were depleted, it was:

(1) a game the Bulls *should* win, but, maybe more importantly,

(2) a game that doesn't tell us much about how good this Bulls team is or isn't (other than that they aren't garbage and are in fact improving as the new additions get incorporated).
MGB8
RealGM

Post#104 » by MGB8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:47 pm

Red8911 wrote:
madvillian wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Billy is starting to get it to click wit the new players and the rotation. I can't say this enough how awesome it is to have a real coach again!

I thought he killed it tonight with the rotations. Helps to have NBA players available at the wing.

It was a tighter 8 player rotation. It’s better when they use less guys especially for tough games or playoffs but the bulls actually have options on the bench and would be hard to do just 8 all the time.

Donovan basically only chose to leave Valentine out compared to other games, Theis and Temple weren’t available. The 10 player rotation has been a bit of a problem though so far and that’s why some have criticized Donovan for it.Not necessarily the players faults but all those subs take the team out of rhythm. Maybe better chemistry is needed who knows but a tighter rotation usually works better.

The problem right now with a tight rotation is that we have a ton of games in a short amount of time coming up. It's time to heavily lean into the bench.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#105 » by MGB8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:49 pm

BullChit wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
BullChit wrote:
Haha I think there is going to residual hair trigger responses that will last much longer after the Lavine-Markannen wars are truely over.

The Lavine-Markannen wars aren’t over?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

Haha will they ever truely be...

When Markannen is traded or signs elsewhere and has a good game the Markannites will make an appearance...

Much like the Wendell Cartels Jr do now... But they are such a fringe faction they don't really make a noise.

Wouldn't be shocked if Markkanen is here next season, though... maybe even on the QO to try to rebuild his value and get better offers the following season.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,516

Post#106 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:54 pm

imagge wrote:After last night I wonder if Coby and Lauri can become a scoring combo like Lou Williams and Montez when they were with the clippers. If they can show that potential I would resign Lauri if he doesn’t get the offers he thinks he will get

There’s a really good discussion here between our more cap-knowledgeable posters (I’m not one of them) breaking down the Bulls’ cap situation and options over the next two years:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2067522

Prior to “Win Now Thursday” I was advocating letting Lauri walk. It’s definitely not that simple anymore now that, due to the Vuc deal, we have depleted trade assets. In one view, barring an outrageous offer, we need to match/sign Lauri and hope for the best either as the answer at the 4 or as a trade asset. Letting him walk represents the loss of a young talented asset on a team with diminished assets.

A second view is that the Bulls will have max space this summer if they let Lauri walk and waive Thad, Sato and Aminu. There are problems with this too. First, the Bulls are trying to win now during Vuc’s contract, waiting Sato and Thad makes questionable sense. Second, the 2021 free agent class isn’t very impressive. The most discussed names here are Ball (I’m a big fan and would do these things to get him) and THT (some here who know their stuff are high on him, I don’t know Mitch about him).

A third view is kind of in the middle but is not all that consistent with the “win now” message sent. That is letting Lauri walk, keeping Sato and Thad, and then going in on the 2022 free agent class which is evidently stronger. But that would mean deferring maximizing the roster until after 2 of the 3 potential postseasons which we know we’ll have Vuc under contract. Plus his age.

AK has put himself in a tough spot and will have to make some tough choices.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#107 » by BullChit » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:00 pm

MGB8 wrote:
BullChit wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
The Lavine-Markannen wars aren’t over?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

Haha will they ever truely be...

When Markannen is traded or signs elsewhere and has a good game the Markannites will make an appearance...

Much like the Wendell Cartels Jr do now... But they are such a fringe faction they don't really make a noise.

Wouldn't be shocked if Markkanen is here next season, though... maybe even on the QO to try to rebuild his value and get better offers the following season.

For the right price I wouldn't mind that at all.

I think Vuce will be a great mentor to him.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
MGB8
RealGM

Post#108 » by MGB8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:12 pm

DuckIII wrote:
imagge wrote:After last night I wonder if Coby and Lauri can become a scoring combo like Lou Williams and Montez when they were with the clippers. If they can show that potential I would resign Lauri if he doesn’t get the offers he thinks he will get

There’s a really good discussion here between our more cap-knowledgeable posters (I’m not one of them) breaking down the Bulls’ cap situation and options over the next two years:

Prior to “Win Now Thursday” I was advocating letting Lauri walk. It’s definitely not that simple anymore now that, due to the Vuc deal, we have depleted trade assets. In one view, barring an outrageous offer, we need to match/sign Lauri and hope for the best either as the answer at the 4 or as a trade asset. Letting him walk represents the loss of a young talented asset on a team with diminished assets.

A second view is that the Bulls will have max space this summer if they let Lauri walk and waive Thad, Sato and Aminu. There are problems with this too. First, the Bulls are trying to win now during Vuc’s contract, waiting Sato and Thad makes questionable sense. Second, the 2021 free agent class isn’t very impressive. The most discussed names here are Ball (I’m a big fan and would do these things to get him) and THT (some here who know their stuff are high on him, I don’t know Mitch about him).

A third view is kind of in the middle but is not all that consistent with the “win now” message sent. That is letting Lauri walk, keeping Sato and Thad, and then going in on the 2022 free agent class which is evidently stronger. But that would mean deferring maximizing the roster until after 2 of the 3 potential postseasons which we know we’ll have Vuc under contract. Plus his age.

I think that things will really depend on:

(1) what kind of offer Lauri gets in FA (where there is likely less $$$ floating around than people think, in part because of all the teams that extended the folks who would have been the bigger gets in this FA class); as well as

(2) what kind of offers are made for Lauri in relation to a sign and trade for next season (kind of like pre-arranged Bogdanovic deal that fell through because they didn't keep to the terms that they had worked out with Bog's agent due to reduced cap room from the Jrue deal).
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,630

Post#109 » by Dez » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:18 pm

Loving the growing chemistry of LaVooch P'n'R, also chuckle at LaVooch.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,048

Post#110 » by FriedRise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:19 pm

Eh, any team in the NBA can beat any team regardless of who's in or out. The same Pacers without Brogdon and Sabonis just beat the San Antonio team that spanked us a couple weeks ago. That depleted Nets team that we just played beat an almost full strength Knicks team on the second night of a back to back. That Thunder squad missing guys all season long have somehow accumulated 20 wins in the Western Conference.

We know how hard wins are to come by, so I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up for a team still fighting for a play-in spot. Any win is a great win for us.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#111 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:23 pm

Listen I don't mean to start a fight with my fellow Bulls fans, but VuceVine is clearly the best nickname for Zach and Nikola.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#112 » by sco » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:31 pm

DuckIII wrote:

I'm all in on getting Ball or THT! If we want to be rid of Sato or Thad, shouldn't we be able to get someone to take them via trade with us taking back non-guaranteed contracts, instead of stretching them?

Anyway, regarding the Game, I agree with ZOMG (wow - just threw-up a little in my mouth :wink: ) it was bum slaying, but wins matter from both a record and confidence POV now.

Vuc is starting to understand where his spots are in our system and conversely, guys are starting to see where he wants to get the ball, but I think there is still a lot of room to still improve there.

Zach looking better, but we need him back at 100%!

Is it fair to say that Lauri has responded well to his demotion? I mean where was this energy in the paint before? Maybe he, like many, is just better able to take advantage of bench players. Kudos to him, for whatever reason.

Thad and PWill both also had strong games. PWill is still a little hesitant to shoot open 3's when he has them, but that's natural.

Sato played hard tonight. I still want to see him taking a few more shots per game.

White's stats looked a lot better than he did on the floor tonight. McConnell gives most guys fits, but man Coby just made me nervous all game, and his defense is still lacking for awareness in terms of him always seemingly surprised by screens.
:clap:
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#113 » by VolumePoster » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:36 pm

Dez wrote:Loving the growing chemistry of LaVooch P'n'R, also chuckle at LaVooch.

LaVooch definitely shouldn't be getting past my parental filters.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#114 » by BullChit » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:39 pm

drosestruts wrote:Listen I don't mean to start a fight with my fellow Bulls fans, but VuceVine is clearly the best nickname for Zach and Nikola.

And Lo... This is how the Lavine-Vucevic wars began...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Post#115 » by Stratmaster » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:47 pm

Dominater wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
I´m putting you on ignore. You are definitely not worth the effort.

In ZOMG's defense, I think you misunderstood his post (unless I'm the one missing something). When he said we bum slayed, he was talking about how we took care of business by slaying a short-handed Pacers team.

Yea I agree with ZOMG here. They bum slayed. I want this team to be good as much as anyone, but to me these are golf claps. They beat Brooklyn with no KD or Harden, now the Pacers with no Sabonis or Bam. Next up is the Raps with all their top guys out.

Wake me up when we beat an actual good team at full strength, or at the very least not missing one of their top 2 players
When was the last time a team was at full strength? Opening night?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#116 » by Stratmaster » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Dominater wrote:Yea I agree with ZOMG here. They bum slayed. I want this team to be good as much as anyone, but to me these are golf claps. They beat Brooklyn with no KD or Harden, now the Pacers with no Sabonis or Bam. Next up is the Raps with all their top guys out.

It seems to me every year that stars play fewer games. It's not at all unusual to play teams that are missing two of their three best players. So in that sense, I will count these as real victories, because such is the modern NBA.
Exactly. No one us playing at full strength. Especially in a Covid season.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,547

Post#117 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:51 pm

I'm not terribly impressed with 32 points on 29 shots. But Vuce scored more efficiently after his slow start, and he makes the right decisions on offense. When he gets the ball he moves if it that is required, and shoots if not. He is neither selfish nor afflicted by hesitation. That's where his experience shines.

In short, I am less impressed than most by 32 points! but there was still much to like with Vuce's game.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#118 » by Stratmaster » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:51 pm

drosestruts wrote:Listen I don't mean to start a fight with my fellow Bulls fans, but VuceVine is clearly the best nickname for Zach and Nikola.
I kinda am partial to Zackola

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#119 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:30 pm

FriedRise wrote:Eh, any team in the NBA can beat any team regardless of who's in or out. The same Pacers without Brogdon and Sabonis just beat the San Antonio team that spanked us a couple weeks ago. That depleted Nets team that we just played beat an almost full strength Knicks team on the second night of a back to back. That Thunder squad missing guys all season long have somehow accumulated 20 wins in the Western Conference.

We know how hard wins are to come by, so I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up for a team still fighting for a play-in spot. Any win is a great win for us.

You need to win games and take care of it. Bulls did that. Bulls lead even with Turner on court before he left the game. Bulls lost few close games because Lavine played on bum ankle. He didnt miss game, but it's not like his performance was great. Again you need to take care of it.

With this crazy equivalent of 3 pt shooting barrage NBA teams do each night games can be close regardless with who you play and against who you play. Not mention this team still doesnt know how to win games, we dont have that mentality or culture where you expect go on the floor and mop the floor with other team.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,516

Post#120 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:46 pm

Zackola

Okay, I know that sucks.

EDIT: damnit, Stratmaster beat me to it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls