ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#701 » by Skin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 am

fendilim wrote:I would not consider Fultz as a part of the future, at this point I think his progress is just a bonus.

Fultz looks really promising, but without a respectable 3 point shot, it will be difficult for him...

Dang, it saddens me that folks are already giving up on Markelle. I'm gonna stick by his side. He should be a starter on this team. Whether PG or SG, it doesn't matter because he could play defense at either position. For example, if we got Suggs, Kelle could easily play SG or vice versa.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,819

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#702 » by RookieStar » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:57 am

Skin wrote:
fendilim wrote:I would not consider Fultz as a part of the future, at this point I think his progress is just a bonus.

Fultz looks really promising, but without a respectable 3 point shot, it will be difficult for him...

Dang, it saddens me that folks are already giving up on Markelle. I'm gonna stick by his side. He should be a starter on this team. Whether PG or SG, it doesn't matter because he could play defense at either position. For example, if we got Suggs, Kelle could easily play SG or vice versa.

im with you. im.not giving up on Fultz yet. He is the long term PG for this team especially now that our lineups are 3pt threats to surround him
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#703 » by uraverage » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:01 am

Skin wrote:

I think i threw up in my mouth a little. A SG that can't shoot, no thank you. Fultz requires a lineup that can shoot around him. Not giving up on him, the wins with him on the court can't be denied.
DSN1423
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#704 » by DSN1423 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:38 am

Fultz in a lineup with Chuma, Issac and WCJ moving forward would need a Bradely Beal-esque 2 guard for it to function properly.

Without replacing Evan and Vuc's shooting in a starting lineup its hard to imagine Fultz our long term PG if we do commit to Chuma/JI/WCJ frontcourt.

Just my 0.02
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#705 » by fendilim » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:46 am

Skin wrote:

I’m not counting him out. But i wouldnt consider him as a main core. Too much intangible right there. Which I think is the same approach management is taking; hence, why we drafted Cole and brought in Hampton also.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#706 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:46 am

RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:

im with you. im.not giving up on Fultz yet. He is the long term PG for this team especially now that our lineups are 3pt threats to surround him

i think he can only be the long term PG if that outside shot improves.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#707 » by RookieStar » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:55 am

tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Skin wrote:Dang, it saddens me that folks are already giving up on Markelle. I'm gonna stick by his side. He should be a starter on this team. Whether PG or SG, it doesn't matter because he could play defense at either position. For example, if we got Suggs, Kelle could easily play SG or vice versa.

I expect it too. I mean compared him in PHI to us where he is launching 3s and midranges is already an improvement. Without the injury i was expecting him to continue his improvement.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#708 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:02 am

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I expect it too. I mean compared him in PHI to us where he is launching 3s and midranges is already an improvement. Without the injury i was expecting him to continue his improvement.

i just dont think you can automatically expect shooting to improve. you can hope, but not just expect it.

Dwight couldnt increase his FT, AG and his 3 pt shot didnt improve until year 7, and now dropped back down in Denver. Oladipo still hasnt gotten his 3 pt shot up to league avg. in 3 years, Isaac hasnt improved his 3 pt shot. I mean, i hope it does because that is the last thing i think he is missing, but I just cant expect it right now.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#709 » by RookieStar » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:21 am

tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i think he can only be the long term PG if that outside shot improves.

i just dont think you can automatically expect shooting to improve. you can hope, but not just expect it.

Dwight couldnt increase his FT, AG and his 3 pt shot didnt improve until year 7, and now dropped back down in Denver. Oladipo still hasnt gotten his 3 pt shot up to league avg. in 3 years, Isaac hasnt improved his 3 pt shot. I mean, i hope it does because that is the last thing i think he is missing, but I just cant expect it right now.

Yeah but thats the thing... Fultz already had a reliable and an "ok" percentage shot in college. I mean thats why he was #1 after all. He was a threat from anywhere. He had all the tools for it. But in PHI ( if you believe the gossip of the motorcycle acident ) he lost his shot.
Skin
RealGM

Post#710 » by Skin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:01 am

uraverage wrote:
Skin wrote:

I think i threw up in my mouth a little. A SG that can't shoot, no thank you. Fultz requires a lineup that can shoot around him. Not giving up on him, the wins with him on the court can't be denied.

Players like DWade and Jimmy Buckets make you throw up in your mouth a little too? :lol:
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#711 » by Skin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:03 am

tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i think he can only be the long term PG if that outside shot improves.

Markelle wasn't a bad shooter in all aspects though. His mid range shot was solid. Form solid. It's more about extending range than bad mechanics.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#712 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:06 am

Knightro wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Hi all, Bulls fan here in peace. How are you peeps enjoying WCJ? What do you see as his floor/ceiling? Is he a better 3rd year prospect than Bamba?
And what's your opinion of Porter? He is just too injury prone and never lived up to our expectations.
Vooch has been great and is starting to get comfortable after an emotional goodbye. Once he gets into a rhythm and develops chemistry with Zach they will be deadly in the P&R.

Wendell has exceeded every expectation so far. He's been much better than Bamba, who still struggles with an inconsistent motor and fouls.

We heard WCJ has bad hands, but he's only fumbled one pass in 5 games. Otherwise he's had reliable hands which has really helped him as the roll man in pick and roll.

We heard WCJ really struggled defending the pick and roll, but he's been active and smart providing help and contesting at the rim.

He's doubled his 3PT rate from 8.5% of his attempts to 17% of his attempts. He's only 1-8 so far, but he needs to keep taking them when he's wide open to try and develop that shot.

No complaints so far. He's defending, rebounding and finishing. He's getting to the line and making FTs. The only thing that isn't there yet is the three ball, but he's at least been willing to take them.
Glad to hear Knightro, before this year we had a terribly dysfunctional & toxic environment that flowed from the FO all the way down to the coaching staff. WCJ was probably a victim of that, as he was never properly coached (Remember we has the worst clown coach ever before this season).
WCJ also put undue pressure onto himself by declaring his desire to be a floor spacing 4 which we knew was not possible due to his natural talent of being a 5.
I would say before he becomes a double/double machine next year it would be nice to see a statline of 14PPG, 9RPG, & maybe 30% 3pt shooting. That would be a great foundation to build off of going into your off season. I felt sorry for him because his body language just oozed disappointment but by that time a change was needed for him & other pieces.
BTW, Vooch was incredible last night. 32/17 albeit on 29 shots. LaVine is still recoveting but they are developing some nice initial chemistry.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#713 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:09 am

MalagaBulls wrote:BTW, Vooch was incredible last night. 32/17 albeit on 29 shots. LaVine is still recoveting but they are developing some nice initial chemistry.

Glad to hear, Vuc is such a nice person, he deserves the best.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#714 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:09 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
Knightro wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Hi all, Bulls fan here in peace. How are you peeps enjoying WCJ? What do you see as his floor/ceiling? Is he a better 3rd year prospect than Bamba?
And what's your opinion of Porter? He is just too injury prone and never lived up to our expectations.
Vooch has been great and is starting to get comfortable after an emotional goodbye. Once he gets into a rhythm and develops chemistry with Zach they will be deadly in the P&R.

Wendell has exceeded every expectation so far. He's been much better than Bamba, who still struggles with an inconsistent motor and fouls.

We heard WCJ has bad hands, but he's only fumbled one pass in 5 games. Otherwise he's had reliable hands which has really helped him as the roll man in pick and roll.

We heard WCJ really struggled defending the pick and roll, but he's been active and smart providing help and contesting at the rim.

He's doubled his 3PT rate from 8.5% of his attempts to 17% of his attempts. He's only 1-8 so far, but he needs to keep taking them when he's wide open to try and develop that shot.

No complaints so far. He's defending, rebounding and finishing. He's getting to the line and making FTs. The only thing that isn't there yet is the three ball, but he's at least been willing to take them.
Glad to hear Knightro, before this year we had a terribly dysfunctional & toxic environment that flowed from the FO all the way down to the coaching staff. WCJ was probably a victim of that, as he was never properly coached (Remember we has the worst clown coach ever before this season).
WCJ also put undue pressure onto himself by declaring his desire to be a floor spacing 4 which we knew was not possible due to his natural talent of being a 5.
I would say before he becomes a double/double machine next year it would be nice to see a statline of 14PPG, 9RPG, & maybe 30% 3pt shooting. That would be a great foundation to build off of going into your off season. I felt sorry for him because his body language just oozed disappointment but by that time a change was needed for him & other pieces.
BTW, Vooch was incredible last night. 32/17 albeit on 29 shots. LaVine is still recoveting but they are developing some nice initial chemistry.

the good thing you will get from Vooch is professional effort every night. And he is an underrated passer.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#715 » by The Effect » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:58 pm

Unless we get Suggs, i dont see how Fultz isnt our PG going forward long term
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#716 » by The Effect » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:00 pm

DSN1423 wrote:Fultz in a lineup with Chuma, Issac and WCJ moving forward would need a Bradely Beal-esque 2 guard for it to function properly.

Without replacing Evan and Vuc's shooting in a starting lineup its hard to imagine Fultz our long term PG if we do commit to Chuma/JI/WCJ frontcourt.

Just my 0.02

Sounds like we NEED jalen green then!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#717 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:54 pm

if you are commited to Isaac & Carter PF/C duo, you need PG who can actually shoot.

I don't get where hype for Fultz comming from. Even if you somehow ignore fact guy has ACL tear and athletics being only thing that he is actually good at, last time we saw him healthy, he was easly one of worst starting PGs in nba.

Not only that his jumpshot saw no improvments whatsoever, he aslo shot really poorly from mid range.

Even his contract says how little Weltman and Hammond value him. He esencially got 2year- test drive with 3rd year being team's option. Basically, he has until 2023 to prove he is even worth keeping around as rotation peace, let alone "cornerstone". And he might not even be ready nor healthy enough to recover in time for year 1 of his test trail.

And for crying out loud, stop with this "his college " bulls***, he was done with college 4 years ago. 4 years ago Paul Millsap and Deandre Jordan were allstars and Trump was new president of US. Antient history.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#718 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:54 pm

Tankathon has us drafting Jalen at #4 and Alperen at #9, I'd really like it.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#719 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:17 pm

pepe1991 wrote:if you are commited to Isaac & Carter PF/C duo, you need PG who can actually shoot.

I don't get where hype for Fultz comming from. Even if you somehow ignore fact guy has ACL tear and athletics being only thing that he is actually good at, last time we saw him healthy, he was easly one of worst starting PGs in nba.

Not only that his jumpshot saw no improvments whatsoever, he aslo shot really poorly from mid range.

Even his contract says how little Weltman and Hammond value him. He esencially got 2year- test drive with 3rd year being team's option. Basically, he has until 2023 to prove he is even worth keeping around as rotation peace, let alone "cornerstone". And he might not even be ready nor healthy enough to recover in time for year 1 of his test trail.

And for crying out loud, stop with this "his college " bulls***, he was done with college 4 years ago. 4 years ago Paul Millsap and Deandre Jordan were allstars and Trump was new president of US. Antient history.

It isn't hype, we've seen him run this team just fine. I'd rather have scorers around him.
Fultz can play some serious D on both guard spots.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#720 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:24 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:if you are commited to Isaac & Carter PF/C duo, you need PG who can actually shoot.

It isn't hype, we've seen him run this team just fine. I'd rather have scorers around him.
Fultz can play some serious D on both guard spots.

I'm not moving assets to put "right " peaces around player that looks like Elfrid Payton's clone most of the nights. I would rather move him for somebody who has skillset required for PG position in 2021 and beyond.
He has been mediocre to bad defender his whole career, college included.

I really don't know what type of games you saw him, and his " serious D" is probably only in his pants.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic