ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 21 games left

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Re: PG: 21 games left 

Post#121 » by Jerry Lucas » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:20 pm

The concerning thing to me is that if OG didn't get ejected this could have ended up as another useless win.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,441

Post#122 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:22 pm

Jerry Lucas wrote:The concerning thing to me is that if OG didn't get ejected this could have ended up as another useless win.

We were losing 34-20 when OG was ejected.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect

Post#123 » by Jerry Lucas » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:23 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Jerry Lucas wrote:The concerning thing to me is that if OG didn't get ejected this could have ended up as another useless win.

And we ended up only losing by 9. We are also undeniably much better with OG on the floor than without.

lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,909

Post#124 » by lolwut » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:25 pm

I love how Matt&Jack were trying to downplay OG's takedown as totally unintentional.
"He was just trying to get up."
"He was trying to help Schroeder get up."

LMAO since when do you help lift someone off the floor by grabbing their leg?
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,441

Post#125 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:26 pm

Jerry Lucas wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

And we ended up only losing by 9. We are also undeniably much better with OG on the floor than without.

We were in the middle of having the breaks beaten off us in the first quarter. It was the second half of a back to back. No one on the Raps could hit a 3 and LA was hitting all of theirs. The Raptors were not winning the game last night. They outscored the Lakers deep bench by 11 in the 4th to make it respectable, but if the game had been any closer, they wouldn't have been able to close that much of a gap.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect

Post#126 » by Jerry Lucas » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:31 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Jerry Lucas wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

We were in the middle of having the breaks beaten off us in the first quarter. It was the second half of a back to back. No one on the Raps could hit a 3 and LA was hitting all of theirs. The Raptors were not winning the game last night. They outscored the Lakers deep bench by 11 in the 4th to make it respectable, but if the game had been any closer, they wouldn't have been able to close that much of a gap.

You're probably right but when OG is playing IMO no game is a guaranteed loss. Without OG we definitely lose to the Wizards and this is gonna be a very hot take but possibly even the Warriors. Some of the team's most clutch tank Ls this season have come with OG out.

Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#127 » by Dalek » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:36 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Dalek wrote:The rare showing of anger from OG (if you can call it that), and the late coaches' challenge says that the Lakers came in with over-the-top physicality to start the game. They saw Toronto as short-handed, on a b2b, a bit small upfront and they hit them hard trying to knock them out in the first half.

Lakers are a very physical defensive team, with Schroeder, Caldwell-Pope, Morris, and even their deeper bench guys like THT and Cacock. These guys are there to hit you hard. The whole game was chippy and it was Vogel's gameplan to amp things up.

That said, watching the bad parts of the game, you have to wonder what the team is doing giving up so many open threes. The amount of help defense at the rim is crazy. Those corner threes on kickouts were on auto-repeat. Yuta was especially bad at providing too much help.

I know Gillespie is not the answer, but Toronto needs a big body in the paint in a bad way. Hopefully they experiment with Gillespie because they can't allow teams to beat them up on both sides like that.

This is where management failed for me. To come into this season without a younger project big is a big miss. Watching moses brown on the Thunder is frustrating.

Brown would have been great to watch develop. He was a 2019 draft guy, so it is hard to know what went wrong. Portland had him on a two-way and then gave up on him. During his time on their G-League affiliate he averaged 14 and 7 so nothing like the most recent season. Toronto has a great development system but rarely plays prospects in big roles. OKC could give him that.

I can see Gillespie work out well, as on Baylor he was their glue guy on defense. That was an elite defense anchored by him, so Toronto has a good opportunity with this guy who is a hard worker and high character / high IQ player.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#128 » by Bruin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#129 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:16 pm

lolwut wrote:I love how Matt&Jack were trying to downplay OG's takedown as totally unintentional.

I'm still cracking up about it and reading about what Matt and Jack said it's even better.
RealGM
And1: 66,423

Post#130 » by 720 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:17 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Hip Flexor is no joke. Fred and Hood should be out for another week or two just to be safe.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#131 » by Bruin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:20 pm

lolwut wrote:I love how Matt&Jack were trying to downplay OG's takedown as totally unintentional.

Lol it was so dumb. Schroeder was literally standing upright before OG took him down
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#132 » by SFour » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:24 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#133 » by Ramed Nazored » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:44 pm

niQ wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Team Denial right now...

Baiting. Warned.
niQ

Guys, enough of these baiting/Team whatever posts. It's immature and we've heard it ad nauseam.

We're all Raptors fans at the end of the day. We can have fans rooting for the team, and we can have fans hoping for a high draft pick. Both are fine and are what fans do. In the end, we all just want what's best for our team.
However, Baiting other users is not tolerated and just makes you look bad.

As a reminder, if you see a post that is against forum rules, please report it instead of engaging/attacking the user (which could earn yourself a warning).

Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now, especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I know I’ve been far from a perfect poster (I’ve got the warnings for proof), but I’m cool with putting this whole silly, sectarian online beef to bed. I just want to see the team I love succeed. That’s it.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#134 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:01 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I have no doubt that this is where the aggression is coming from and hey we're all going through it...everybody is fatigued from this whole thing. But certain posters have completely been beside themselves and taking out whatever real life issues they're dealing with on this message board. Some have focused it on the whole tWo thing and going right at Team Mediocre aka the posters that don't openly root for their team to lose...bottom line is, we're all Raptors fans here this whole ''civil war'' thing is a joke and anyone pushing it is one too.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#135 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:05 pm

LOL I just joke around with it. Posting “tWo in shambles” after every win.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#136 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:09 pm

C_Money wrote:LOL I just joke around with it. Posting “tWo in shambles” after every win.

Some posters seem to be REALLY serious about it though, like it has totally consumed them, the majority of their posts are about it.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#137 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:13 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Why is Watson out so much longer than Bembry?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#138 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:20 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I have no doubt that this is where the aggression is coming from and hey we're all going through it...everybody is fatigued from this whole thing. But certain posters have completely been beside themselves and taking out whatever real life issues they're dealing with on this message board. Some have focused it on the whole tWo thing and going right at Team Mediocre aka the posters that don't openly root for their team to lose...bottom line is, we're all Raptors fans here this whole ''civil war'' thing is a joke and anyone pushing it is one too.

:lol: I've been in a "go with the flow" mode all season, but recently converted to the all-out tank side when I realized Masai had no plan or ability to bring in a proper C either by trade or on the buy-out market. So there was absolutely no point trying to get into the playoffs. The post-game thread after the Wizards disaster is where I let my passion out. We CAN barely out-tank the Wizards, assuming Beal and Rui come back, but not if we lose (win) our head-to-head battles.

But yeah, you can't take it too seriously. All of our collective fan energy, or half of our collective fan energy on one side and half on the other, isn't going to change anything. The only thing I wonder is if management has someone to monitor the temperature of the social media sites, at least to gauge what messaging they need depending on how things unfold. Raptors twitter is mostly pro-tank, and I'd say this board is too. If you're listening out there, I'd just like to say:

"Do your damnedest. Sit Lowry and Fred and whoever else it takes to lose. Every game. Let me repeat. Lose every game. The vets have been through good times - you're not going to wreck their spirit. Winning culture doesn't mean a thing without talent. Go get more talent the only way a team based in Canada can - via the draft or trades."
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#139 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:22 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
niQ wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Team Denial right now...

Baiting. Warned.
niQ

Guys, enough of these baiting/Team whatever posts. It's immature and we've heard it ad nauseam.

We're all Raptors fans at the end of the day. We can have fans rooting for the team, and we can have fans hoping for a high draft pick. Both are fine and are what fans do. In the end, we all just want what's best for our team.
However, Baiting other users is not tolerated and just makes you look bad.

As a reminder, if you see a post that is against forum rules, please report it instead of engaging/attacking the user (which could earn yourself a warning).

Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now, especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I know I’ve been far from a perfect poster (I’ve got the warnings for proof), but I’m cool with putting this whole silly, sectarian online beef to bed. I just want to see the team I love succeed. That’s it.

The thing is, the tank posts are mindless and unimaginative. It doesn't take any brains to take a normal, cheer for your team phrase, and turn it upside down. Trent wins a game - he's a tank killer. We lose a heartbreaker - whew, we just pulled that one out, the tank rolls on. Fred's injury is good for the tank. Tank commanders. Pictures of tanks rolling. It's all just so childish.

We get it. If we lose more and finish lower, we get a higher pick. But the stupid mind-numbing repetition of the posts make the board a lot less enjoyable.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#140 » by will » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:38 pm

Pains me to great lengths (pause) to say it, but I wish it was 12 games left.

Return to Toronto Raptors