76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#781 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:59 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

:lol: :lol:

How fitting
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#782 » by zaz102 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:52 pm

Could Embiid still in the mix for MVP if he has a strong finish to the season?

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-april-9-edition
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#783 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:11 pm

zaz102 wrote:Could Embiid still in the mix for MVP if he has a strong finish to the season?

I think he should be, but it's hard to argue against Jokic since he's been healthy and the Nuggets have been killing it recently.

The Nuggets are my favorite to come out of the West this year. Their team is probably the most well rounded and peaking at the right time.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#784 » by Sixersftw » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:12 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
zaz102 wrote:Could Embiid still in the mix for MVP if he has a strong finish to the season?

I think he should be, but it's hard to argue against Jokic since he's been healthy and the Nuggets have been killing it recently.

The Nuggets are my favorite to come out of the West this year. Their team is probably the most well rounded and peaking at the right time.

It would take a Jokic injury given that the Nuggets are on a tear and Jokic is the NBA blogger's golden boy.

I like Jo losing it here though. He seems to do very well when given some motivation
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#785 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:17 am

Negrodamus wrote:

I mean, if you completely ignore that defense is 50% of the game, then sure. Last years playoff run is pretty overrated IMO. They did a good job coming back from being down 3-1 twice, but great teams don't regularly get behind big and then have to dig out of the hole. Denver was a missed buzzer beater from getting bumped in the first round. That's basically a coin flip between WCF and first round out.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#786 » by Negrodamus » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:01 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I mean, if you completely ignore that defense is 50% of the game, then sure. Last years playoff run is pretty overrated IMO. They did a good job coming back from being down 3-1 twice, but great teams don't regularly get behind big and then have to dig out of the hole. Denver was a missed buzzer beater from getting bumped in the first round. That's basically a coin flip between WCF and first round out.

I agree with you that the comeback win against an overrated Jazz team, while fun, wasn't very impressive.

Luckily last year has no bearing on this year. I can definitely see parallels to 2013-2014 Warriors. Not everyone had blown up yet (Draymond, Harrison Barnes were just starting to show promise while Thompson was only a 18ppg scorer).

Now the Nuggets have an MVP candidate in Jokic, Murray's scoring has bloomed a bit, Porter is an excellent role playing scorer, and they added Gordon who has a reputation of being a very good defender. Also have solid guys like Monte Morris and PJ Dozier off the bench. They played pretty poorly early on this season, but it seems they are figuring it out now and will only get better as Gordon get acclimated with the system.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#787 » by elchengue20 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Yep, Denver key players are still developing and getting better. Specially Jokic who is now an MVP calibeer player and Porter Jr who is now a reliable starter, wich allows them to bring Millsap off the bench, who was terrible last Playoffs. Also they added Gordon who i believe is a great fit and Campazzo/Morris are good bench players. Plus they didn't have Barton in the bubble.

I woudn't say they are the biggest candidate to come outta the West, that spot still belongs to the Lakers, but they are a serious threat for sure.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#788 » by kriss73 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:56 am

This is by far the best endorsement/compliment Embiid has had all year long.

Read on Twitter
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
76ciology
RealGM

Post#789 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Just like what ive always dreamed embiid (or modern center) should play. Play like Durant.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#790 » by elchengue20 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Unbeliavable talent.

It's a shame we are already waisting his prime without good fits around him.

We need to see him playing with an All-NBA perimeter player and form that old school 1-2 punch.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#791 » by rzzzzz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:24 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Unbeliavable talent.

We need to see him playing with an All-NBA perimeter player and form that old school 1-2 punch.

We’re already doing a better job fitting the talent around him. Danny and Seth make a lot of sense. Even though they talk about him with the 2nd unit, Hill is an actual, high functioning point guard. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he did figure out what to do with the big guy. (But, yes, we still need to have somebody stellar looking to come here to take another shot at the brass ring. If Embiid is at least really good in the playoffs, and he could potentially be dominant, I’m hoping Morey can close the deal on a good bite.
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#792 » by elchengue20 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:16 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Unbeliavable talent.

We’re already doing a better job fitting the talent around him. Danny and Seth make a lot of sense. Even though they talk about him with the 2nd unit, Hill is an actual, high functioning point guard. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he did figure out what to do with the big guy. (But, yes, we still need to have somebody stellar looking to come here to take another shot at the brass ring. If Embiid is at least really good in the playoffs, and he could potentially be dominant, I’m hoping Morey can close the deal on a good bite.

Yep, Morey is for sure doing a way better job than the previous FO. We got championship calibeer role players that fit very well around Joel in Danny, Seth and maybe George Hill. Dwight is also a nice backup C.

We are still lacking a perimeter star. He tried with Harden, but Houston didn't want to trade him here.We need to get one the next offseason, we can't keep waisting Biid's prime.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#793 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 pm

Read on Twitter

I’ve put it on the spotlight here before they’re now writing about it
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#794 » by eyeatoma » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ve put it on the spotlight here before they’re now writing about it

Bro, everyone is very aware that Jo's midrange has been elite this year. Thanks for the article though!
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#795 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:15 am

Read on Twitter
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#796 » by Sixersftw » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Serious f'd up series of stats. Even a little MP for our Denver friends. He's hitting MJ numbers. Not because of some quirk or a hot run but because he's just that good. He's GOATED.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#797 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Read on Twitter

Serious f'd up series of stats. Even a little MP for our Denver friends. He's hitting MJ numbers. Not because of some quirk or a hot run but because he's just that good. He's GOATED.
I shared that on the general board MVP thread and they all descended upon me like a bunch of rabid dogs.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#798 » by rzzzzz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:
Read on Twitter

I shared that on the general board MVP thread and they all descended upon me like a bunch of rabid dogs.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

No worry. Sam was right about Embiid. He’ll dominate the league if he can stay healthy. (Especially now that he’s got a coach who understands how to play to his strength.) What folks think now don’t mean much compared to what they think at the end of the season.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#799 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Biid is inspiring
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#800 » by Stanford » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:15 pm

the general board is a normie cesspool

Return to Philadelphia 76ers