GSW/IND - Brogdon/Turner to Warriors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

GSW/IND - Brogdon/Turner to Warriors 

Post#1 » by Asianiac_24 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:16 am

GSW trade Wiggins/Wiseman/MIN 1st/GSW 1st

For

Malcolm Brogdon/Myles Turner/Justin Holiday

GSW

Curry/Poole
Brogdon/Holiday
Klay/Oubre
Green/Paschall
Turner/Green/Looney

GSW make a run for championship. Brogdon is big enough to guard the 2s and Turner is perfect for the team.

IND

Get a little younger while freeing up space for Levert to run point. Sabonis can either be kept or traded for more picks and young players.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Re: GSW/IND - Brogdon/Turner to Warriors 

Post#2 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:15 am

Both teams should say yes.

GS has a legit shot at another run.

Indy gets a legit building package.

Only thing slowing it down is Indy’s reluctantly to bottom out.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,778

Post#3 » by spree8 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:28 am

Not too bad, but I’d want more out of all that value if I were GS.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,487

Post#4 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:35 am

spree8 wrote:Not too bad, but I’d want more out of all that value if I were GS.

Funny thing is I think Warriors need to give more to a lot more value.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:51 am

Not the best value, but I would take it for the Warriors.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:10 pm

SNPA wrote:Both teams should say yes.

GS has a legit shot at another run.

Indy gets a legit building package.

Only thing slowing it down is Indy’s reluctantly to bottom out.

It’s more that it requires Indy giving up a ton of extra value for this, just because? We value Justin Holiday heavily on his own. Wiggins is a massive negative and cost anchor, as he’d be by far the highest paid Pacer in history, and for multiple years.

Plus, it’s a terrible fit for Indy. Even if we deal Turner, it’s because we still have Sabonis at the 5, and we love Gogas development there, so we have to re route Wiseman immediately as part of that package. I’m fine with exploring a Package from Indy if most everyone, but I have no interest in throwing in Justin just because, or taking on terrible contracts for little to no incentive. Plus, if that Minnesota pick conveys this year, with its protection, it’s pretty poor value for Indy. And if we deal those vets for Wiseman and Wiggins, we’re gonna be insanely terrible this year, but still have Levert, Warren, and Sabonis to keep us from bottoming out. I don’t see Simon green lighting a bottom out approach the first year fans are let back in after Covid.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:40 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:GSW trade Wiggins/Wiseman/MIN 1st/GSW 1st

For

Malcolm Brogdon/Myles Turner/Justin Holiday

GSW

Curry/Poole
Brogdon/Holiday
Klay/Oubre
Green/Paschall
Turner/Green/Looney

GSW make a run for championship. Brogdon is big enough to guard the 2s and Turner is perfect for the team.

IND

Get a little younger while freeing up space for Levert to run point. Sabonis can either be kept or traded for more picks and young players.

The value isn't terrible, but the fit doesn't work for the Pacers

For the Pacers to consider this, they'd have to really love who is available to them with the Wolves pick, if it conveys this year

If it gets rolled back to next year, then it's likely Pacers would also like to push this trade to the next season, when more information will be available to them

Also, Justin Holiday isn't a throw in
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#8 » by Coeur » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:20 pm

That could be a great trade for both teams. Pacers should make that trade and a separate Sabonis trade at the same time. Similar but prob a bigger haul overall than the Magic got.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#9 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:44 pm

I kinda love this trade for both teams. The value looks great. I’m such a big Brogdon fan and I think he would be incredible with Klay and Curry. Turner is a perfect fit as well and Holiday is the icing on the cake. I like the influx of talent here more than any other realistic trade I’ve seen so far.

For Indy, it’s awesome if they decide it’s time to blow it up and they love who’s available with the MIN pick. Hypothetically, let’s say the picks are #4 and #13 (GSW current slot). Their current pick is 12. The Pacers could leave with one of Jalen Green/Jalen Suggs at 4, Franz Wagner at 12, and Davion Mitchell at 13.

Levert-Mitchell-Holiday-Sumner
Green-Wiggins-Stanley-Bowen
Warren-Wagner-Lamb-Martin
Sabonis-Sampson
Wiseman-Bitadze

That team is deep(!) and full of potential. I might expect Sabonis, Warren, and Lamb (especially) moves right after this.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#10 » by Wizop » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:11 pm

I wouldn't have said this a month ago, but if Indiana is going to make a big off season trade and break up the Turner/Sabonis combination, I now think it is Sabonis who'd be traded. we're just not the same without Turner's defense. Sabonis has the offensive stats to bring more value back too.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Topofthekey » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:00 pm

kalenclayton wrote:I kinda love this trade for both teams. The value looks great. I’m such a big Brogdon fan and I think he would be incredible with Klay and Curry. Turner is a perfect fit as well and Holiday is the icing on the cake. I like the influx of talent here more than any other realistic trade I’ve seen so far.

For Indy, it’s awesome if they decide it’s time to blow it up and they love who’s available with the MIN pick. Hypothetically, let’s say the picks are #4 and #13 (GSW current slot). Their current pick is 12. The Pacers could leave with one of Jalen Green/Jalen Suggs at 4, Franz Wagner at 12, and Davion Mitchell at 13.

Sabonis-Sampson
Wiseman-Bitadze

That team is deep(!) and full of potential. I might expect Sabonis, Warren, and Lamb (especially) moves right after this.

Yes, that looks pretty good for both teams, if indeed that's exactly how the draft goes

But there are just too many variables

The Wolves pick may not convey, or it may convey but not at #4

And if it did convey at #4, what if Cade, Suggs, and Green were all taken with the top 3 picks

What if Wagner and Mitchell were not available at 12 and 13

But yes, if on draft night Warriors managed to pick Green at #4, and Pacers are on the clock and see players they like at #12 and #13 (assuming that's where Pacers and Warriors are drafting) , then I think both teams need to get on the phone and start haggling

Warriors is one of the few teams that I wouldn't mind trading Turner to. He's a great fit there, and he gets a legitimate shot at being a difference maker on a championship team. I'll be happy to see him win a ring as the defensive anchor for the Warriors

Only sticking points are Wiggins and Holiday

As someone else pointed out, Wiggins is going to be one of the highest paid Pacer ever, for quite some time

And they love Holiday, they'd much rather send out Lamb than Holiday
Wizop
RealGM

Post#12 » by Wizop » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:08 pm

Topofthekey wrote:But there are just too many variables

And if it did convey at #4, what if Cade, Suggs, and Green were all taken with the top 3 picks

You make the deal contingent on the player you like being on the board at the pick you are getting. You are right that this isn't a deal that can be completed before draft night.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:33 pm

Outside of Warriors’ fan responses, I am so surprised response isn’t underwhelming value for Pacers.

If this is what it takes to get Turner + Brogdon + Holiday, my Wolves should trump this deal.

Edwards (more value than Wiseman)
Rubio (more value than Wiggins)
Hernangomez (filler)
2023 1st or 2024 1st (depending on 2021 being conveyed or not)

Ideally this is done with Wolves keeping their 2021 1st and draft Cunningham or Suggs to take over as GOF.

Turner | Towns | Reid
Towns | McDaniels | Vanderbilt
McDaniels | Culver | Layman
Russell | 2021 1st | Nowell
Brogdon | 2021 1st | Russell
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:36 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:I kinda love this trade for both teams. The value looks great. I’m such a big Brogdon fan and I think he would be incredible with Klay and Curry. Turner is a perfect fit as well and Holiday is the icing on the cake. I like the influx of talent here more than any other realistic trade I’ve seen so far.

Sabonis-Sampson
Wiseman-Bitadze

Yes, that looks pretty good for both teams, if indeed that's exactly how the draft goes

But yes, if on draft night Warriors managed to pick Green at #4, and Pacers are on the clock and see players they like at #12 and #13 (assuming that's where Pacers and Warriors are drafting) , then I think both teams need to get on the phone and start haggling

Warriors is one of the few teams that I wouldn't mind trading Turner to. He's a great fit there, and he gets a legitimate shot at being a difference maker on a championship team. I'll be happy to see him win a ring as the defensive anchor for the Warriors

As someone else pointed out, Wiggins is going to be one of the highest paid Pacer ever, for quite some time

If the top 3 are Cade, Suggs, and Green, then the Pacers should be even more inclined to make the trade because of Evan Mobley (who may contend with Cade as the best long-term prospect). If that’s the case, you pair Mobley with Wiseman for one hell of a frontcourt. Then you can free up 12 and 13 for wing/pg help. I’m looking at Davion Mitchell, Jaden Springer, Ziaire Williams, Franz Wagner, and Corey Kispert. Maybe I’m trying to package 12 and 13 to move up in the draft to, say, 6-8. Maybe I can use those picks with Sabonis to get a top-5 pick. If so, I’m going for Kuminga (or Green/ Suggs if I can move up higher). If you can leave this draft with Mobley, Kuminga, and Wiseman, then you are set for the future.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:38 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Outside of Warriors’ fan responses, I am so surprised response isn’t underwhelming value for Pacers.

If this is what it takes to get Turner + Brogdon + Holiday, my Wolves should trump this deal.

Hernangomez (filler)

Ideally this is done with Wolves keeping their 2021 1st and draft Cunningham or Suggs to take over as GOF.

Turner | Towns | Reid

I don’t think that offer is as good as the Warriors offer. You are disregarding the picks in the trade, which hold the most value. If you remove the picks from the Warriors trade, then sure, the Wolves trade is better.

Edit. I would think that Wiseman + 4 and 13 has more long term value than Edwards and a future 1st. If the picks change, then the value changes. If the MIN pick doesn’t convey this year, this whole trade falls apart and the Minnesota offer you mentioned becomes more relevant.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:02 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Outside of Warriors’ fan responses, I am so surprised response isn’t underwhelming value for Pacers.

Hernangomez (filler)

Turner | Towns | Reid

I don’t think that offer is as good as the Warriors offer. You are disregarding the picks in the trade, which hold the most value. If you remove the picks from the Warriors trade, then sure, the Wolves trade is better.

Edit. I would think that Wiseman + 4 and 13 has more long term value than Edwards and a future 1st. If the picks change, then the value changes. If the MIN pick doesn’t convey this year, this whole trade falls apart and the Minnesota offer you mentioned becomes more relevant.

I guess it depends on how much you disregard Wiggins negative value (and how much value Warriors are attaching to offset in OP) and how much more one likes Edwards vs. Wiseman as a prospect.

If Wolves keep their 2021 1st that could be in play, but Turner and Brogdon are not “sexy” enough package for Wolves to be sending Edwards + 2021 1st.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Topofthekey » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:02 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:

Sabonis-Sampson
Wiseman-Bitadze

If the top 3 are Cade, Suggs, and Green, then the Pacers should be even more inclined to make the trade because of Evan Mobley (who may contend with Cade as the best long-term prospect). If that’s the case, you pair Mobley with Wiseman for one hell of a frontcourt. Then you can free up 12 and 13 for wing/pg help. I’m looking at Davion Mitchell, Jaden Springer, Ziaire Williams, Franz Wagner, and Corey Kispert. Maybe I’m trying to package 12 and 13 to move up in the draft to, say, 6-8. Maybe I can use those picks with Sabonis to get a top-5 pick. If so, I’m going for Kuminga (or Green/ Suggs if I can move up higher). If you can leave this draft with Mobley, Kuminga, and Wiseman, then you are set for the future.

But if they take Mobley, they end up having Sabonis, Wiseman, Mobley, and Goga

That is just way too many 7 footers fighting for playing time on one team

Sure, they can try to move Sabonis in a separate deal, but why not just make it a 3 team deal?

The point is, Pacers aren't going to do this trade and then just hope for the best

The only realistic pathway for this trade to happen is on draft night, when Pacers are on the clock with their pick
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:19 pm

Hernangomez (filler)

Turner | Towns | Reid

I'd say that GSW offer is likely move valuable than this. Edwards may be slightly more valuable to Indy than Wiseman, but in a vacuum, could go either way. Rubio/Hernangomez more valuable than Wiggins, sure. The future 1st maybe roughly valued as the GSW pick. So, there's still the Minnesota pick that GSW can add in here. :dontknow: Would depend on if Indy would rather save a year of contracts and give up the Minnesota pick from GSW in favor of Rubio's one year shorter deal than Wiggins.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:22 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Yes, that looks pretty good for both teams, if indeed that's exactly how the draft goes

But if they take Mobley, they end up having Sabonis, Wiseman, Mobley, and Goga

That is just way too many 7 footers fighting for playing time on one team

Sure, they can try to move Sabonis in a separate deal, but why not just make it a 3 team deal?

The point is, Pacers aren't going to do this trade and then just hope for the best

The only realistic pathway for this trade to happen is on draft night, when Pacers are on the clock with their pick

I'll say this:

If Indy is moving one of Turner or Sabonis, with also having another solid young guy we like in Goga as a pure 5, we are not going to center our return back in another pure 5, like Wiseman.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#20 » by Wizop » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:27 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:If Indy is moving one of Turner or Sabonis, with also having another solid young guy we like in Goga as a pure 5, we are not going to center our return back in another pure 5, like Wiseman.

if we move Turner or Sabonis, we need to get a top quality 4 back on a similarly sized or lower contract. not a center.

if we move Brogdon, we need a point guard back or more likely a pick high enough to draft one - but why that would make sense for the other team eludes me. I think Brogdon should not be in the deal unless it is a three way with Brogdon going to Team A, something going from A to B, and a point guard going from B to the Pacers.

Return to Trades and Transactions