PG Warriors: Bucks Choke

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,461

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#141 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.

Way off! After sleeping on it, I realized the Bucks ALLOWED too many points to the Warriors.

You say tomato, I say potato.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#142 » by TD75 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:31 pm

I would say that there is value in losses and that they allow you to adapt and become better, but we all know better.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#143 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.
KendallMarshall
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#144 » by KendallMarshall » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:01 pm

This might be Jeff teagues best game of the year and we wasted it in a loss.

Also we expanded a lot of energy in the game, hard to see us winning in Dallas after that.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#145 » by mke_design » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:07 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.

I’m guessing it’s a combination of both. But saving a super vet like Tucker isn’t a bad idea.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,999

Post#146 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:11 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:I'm hearing that PJ is being held out because he's not in game shape and not because he has a quad injury. Is that right? If that's the case why not play him a little to gain familiarity with the other players and schemes? It's not like he's going to get in worse basketball shape by playing in games. At a minimum they could play him during garbage time.

Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#147 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just don't want to see Khris handling the ball down the stretch. I just don't understand what Bud sees in him that compels him to have him run the offense. Let Teague or Jrue handle it. Let Khris come off of screens and make plays off the ball.

He's one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. Who else is there after Giannis, Jrue and now maybe Teague in spurts. You just have to deal with his sloppy handles.

Think the bigger thing is that he does tend seem asleep at the switch out there many times. We've all observed it over these many years.

I don't see the value of having him point in order to create his own shot. Put him in the post and feed it to him there. Put him in a position where he isn't dribbling through traffic in order to shoot.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#148 » by humanrefutation » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:36 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just don't want to see Khris handling the ball down the stretch. I just don't understand what Bud sees in him that compels him to have him run the offense. Let Teague or Jrue handle it. Let Khris come off of screens and make plays off the ball.

He's one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. Who else is there after Giannis, Jrue and now maybe Teague in spurts. You just have to deal with his sloppy handles.

Think the bigger thing is that he does tend seem asleep at the switch out there many times. We've all observed it over these many years.

I don't see the value of having him point in order to create his own shot. Put him in the post and feed it to him there. Put him in a position where he isn't dribbling through traffic in order to shoot.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#149 » by emunney » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Suki is getting him in game shape. All good. We want that top notch training staff to get all the time they need with PJ. We don’t need him until May.

Feel the same way about Giannis tbh
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#150 » by tydett » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:39 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

Khris almost never struggles when he's dribbling to find a better shot for himself. It's when he tries to playmake and direct traffic that he bounces the ball off his foot or loses his dribble. Leave that to the guards and Giannis (and really, just to the Jrue, please) and be a Klay clone.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,642

Post#151 » by chonestown » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:01 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.

Reminds of a line from the HBO prestige program "The Wired," and it goes: "Execute or be executed."

I know a bunch of you stand for Old Mar but true heads know the best character was Prostitution Joe.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#152 » by tydett » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:10 pm

chonestown wrote:

Reminds of a line from the HBO prestige program "The Wired," and it goes: "Execute or be executed."

I know a bunch of you stand for Old Mar but true heads know the best character was Prostitution Joe.

Is that the one with the line "If you aim for the monarch, you better have really good aim because you don't want to take the shot and not hit him"?
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#153 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:19 pm

chonestown wrote:

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#154 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:48 pm

Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#155 » by crkone » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:27 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.
I think it was actually a 5 second back to the basket call. A violation that's never called and in this instance wasn't even 5 seconds. Oh and it's not non-reviewable too.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#156 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:58 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

If that's the case then are some of the rash of injuries to superstars just about resting them for the playoffs and preventing injuries? This year has been crazy.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#157 » by emunney » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:19 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

If that's the case then are some of the rash of injuries to superstars just about resting them for the playoffs and preventing injuries? This year has been crazy.

I think the injuries are real but teams are taking rehab more cautiously than they would typically due to the hyper-compressed back half schedule.

And you're damn right about this year. When was the last year you remember that had two **** Marches.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#158 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:17 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

The 4 games against Sixers/Nets could change things but we're pretty much locked into the 3rd seed. Would make sense to get everyone healthy over playing them just to play them. Will just need to ramp things up closer to round 1 and hope we don't draw the Heat.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#159 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:21 pm

mkegb wrote:Middleton sucks when it matters.
And he always has.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#160 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:22 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.

Can't believe Bud didn't challenge any of the iffy calls down the stretch.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks