ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 21 games left

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Re: PG: 21 games left 

Post#141 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:51 pm

will wrote:Pains me to great lengths (pause) to say it, but I wish it was 12 games left.

As long as they're all against the elite teams.

But I still enjoy watching the games, at least to see the young guys develop. I really want Watson back. He was just starting to bury his shot on the regular before he went down. Thank God (or his dad) Flynn is now getting a chance, and showing that his pre-season game against the Hornets wasn't a fluke.

I also play bass - a very physical instrument that requires constant practice - while watching. The time just flies by, as fast as my fingers on a Jaco line. Not sure if I would make the time to practice otherwise. You can't do it while watching a movie.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#142 » by niQ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:59 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
niQ wrote:

Guys, enough of these baiting/Team whatever posts. It's immature and we've heard it ad nauseam.

We're all Raptors fans at the end of the day. We can have fans rooting for the team, and we can have fans hoping for a high draft pick. Both are fine and are what fans do. In the end, we all just want what's best for our team.
However, Baiting other users is not tolerated and just makes you look bad.

As a reminder, if you see a post that is against forum rules, please report it instead of engaging/attacking the user (which could earn yourself a warning).

Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now, especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I know I’ve been far from a perfect poster (I’ve got the warnings for proof), but I’m cool with putting this whole silly, sectarian online beef to bed. I just want to see the team I love succeed. That’s it.

The thing is, the tank posts are mindless and unimaginative. It doesn't take any brains to take a normal, cheer for your team phrase, and turn it upside down. Trent wins a game - he's a tank killer. We lose a heartbreaker - whew, we just pulled that one out, the tank rolls on. Fred's injury is good for the tank. Tank commanders. Pictures of tanks rolling. It's all just so childish.

We get it. If we lose more and finish lower, we get a higher pick. But the stupid mind-numbing repetition of the posts make the board a lot less enjoyable.

It looks like you have been a longtime user here on RealGM so I would imagine you were also here during the Pre-Lowry era where we were a perpetual bad team. Back then, we were so bad but we had users like Turbo_Zone who blessed us with funny sigs to laugh off the horridness of our team. Do you remember those sigs? 23 seconds or more? We're going after ninth? Brick Bros?
It was that poking fun of ourselves that kind of kept it light and fun during the dark days.

A tank meme here and there is fine. But it's when people start attacking each other, that's not okay.

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#143 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:09 pm

I still look forward to every game especially in these lockdown times. I want to make the playoffs and extend the season.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#144 » by Dalek » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:44 pm

C_Money wrote:I still look forward to every game especially in these lockdown times. I want to make the playoffs and extend the season.

Totally agree that you need to have basketball during these time. I'd suggest that follow a west coast or western conference team -- really any team to beat the Lakers. I am Denver fan and catch their games; also do the same with Portland.

In difficult times, just watching a short-handed Raptors team will make you miserable.

Even with a bad Raptors team, we still have OG, Trent Jr. and Flynn playing heavy minutes which is fun to catch them progress as players. Hopefully we get back Watson and Harris so they can stop playing Bembry so much. As good vibes he is off-court, his weak handle and awful shooting are tough to watch.
kleatius_01
Senior
And1: 299

Post#145 » by kleatius_01 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:44 pm

niQ wrote:It looks like you have been a longtime user here on RealGM so I would imagine you were also here during the Pre-Lowry era where we were a perpetual bad team. Back then, we were so bad but we had users like Turbo_Zone who blessed us with funny sigs to laugh off the horridness of our team. Do you remember those sigs? 23 seconds or more? We're going after ninth? Brick Bros?
It was that poking fun of ourselves that kind of kept it light and fun during the dark days.

A tank meme here and there is fine. But it's when people start attacking each other, that's not okay.

Good times. My favorite one was Landry Fields air balling a three with a FTW caption. Some good laughs!

Losing is no fun, hard to be a fan of a team that's struggling, or just a treadmill every year. If the team sucks it's a lot easier to cheer for the tank. Otherwise I'm just watching losing ball every game with no path to improvement.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#146 » by Ramed Nazored » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:45 pm

niQ wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
Thanks. I commit to stop with the “tWo” stuff. It’s a dead end street. I’m sure all of this have serious real life stressors to contend with right now, especially with this new wave ripping through the province and the imminent shutdown.

I know I’ve been far from a perfect poster (I’ve got the warnings for proof), but I’m cool with putting this whole silly, sectarian online beef to bed. I just want to see the team I love succeed. That’s it.

The thing is, the tank posts are mindless and unimaginative. It doesn't take any brains to take a normal, cheer for your team phrase, and turn it upside down. Trent wins a game - he's a tank killer. We lose a heartbreaker - whew, we just pulled that one out, the tank rolls on. Fred's injury is good for the tank. Tank commanders. Pictures of tanks rolling. It's all just so childish.

We get it. If we lose more and finish lower, we get a higher pick. But the stupid mind-numbing repetition of the posts make the board a lot less enjoyable.

It looks like you have been a longtime user here on RealGM so I would imagine you were also here during the Pre-Lowry era where we were a perpetual bad team. Back then, we were so bad but we had users like Turbo_Zone who blessed us with funny sigs to laugh off the horridness of our team. Do you remember those sigs? 23 seconds or more? We're going after ninth? Brick Bros?

I was a lurker back then. Those sigs were absolute gold. Used to post them on my FB page all the time.

Could really use a few of those right now.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#147 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:46 pm

M3tro wrote:Gasol showing us there's a difference between washed and Aron Baynes.

Levels...

Never in my wildest dr eams did I think we were replacing a washed Marc, with someone who is not better than washed Marc. Marc was pretty washed, not last night, but in the playoffs.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#148 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:22 pm

Dalek wrote:
C_Money wrote:I still look forward to every game especially in these lockdown times. I want to make the playoffs and extend the season.

Totally agree that you need to have basketball during these time. I'd suggest that follow a west coast or western conference team -- really any team to beat the Lakers. I am Denver fan and catch their games; also do the same with Portland.

In difficult times, just watching a short-handed Raptors team will make you miserable.

Even with a bad Raptors team, we still have OG, Trent Jr. and Flynn playing heavy minutes which is fun to catch them progress as players. Hopefully we get back Watson and Harris so they can stop playing Bembry so much. As good vibes he is off-court, his weak handle and awful shooting are tough to watch.

I know I've seen worse with WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less hope for the future. :lol:

Those bandwagon Warrior fans were lucky to survive losing KD and Klay being hurt, they are treadmilling now.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#149 » by MixxSRC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:37 pm

Read on Twitter

anyone care to explain?
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#150 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:44 pm

MixxSRC wrote:
Read on Twitter

anyone care to explain?

Raptors close the gap in garbage time the best. Siakam took a putrid state line and turned it on in garbage time to make his stats just bad instead of abysmal. :-?
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#151 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:39 am

lolwut wrote:I love how Matt&Jack were trying to downplay OG's takedown as totally unintentional.
"He was just trying to get up."
"He was trying to help Schroeder get up."

LMAO since when do you help lift someone off the floor by grabbing their leg?

The intensive Rogers Programming Magic has really been effective with those two.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,611

Post#152 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:38 am

Psubs wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:
Read on Twitter

anyone care to explain?

Raptors close the gap in garbage time the best. Siakam took a putrid state line and turned it on in garbage time to make his stats just bad instead of abysmal. :-?

Also seems to be saying we play a lot less garbage time than most teams?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#153 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:18 am

MixxSRC wrote:
Read on Twitter

anyone care to explain?

I think this just reflects our lack of depth with all the injuries and protocols. It seems like for a long time, we haven't been able to put out an exclusively "Tier 3" lineup out there for garbage time, because we lack the extra players.

But to illustrate how unimportant this is, our worst Tier 3 lineup in team history was probably in the championship season. For game after game, Lin & Co. simply couldn't score. The regular rotation might hand them a 30 point lead, but it would get whittled down to 15 points by the rest of the game.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#154 » by God Squad » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:35 am

niQ wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:

Ahh The Good Ol days of Rob Babcock, Wayne Embry and of course the Great Bryan Colon-Jello ( Hated, but put us on the right track). The one thing IMO that united us all back then was NCAA basketball and the lottery/draft. Me falling in love with "Insert prospect" and dismissing your prospect because he didn't have "Athleticism". We've been so spoiled with Masai tenure IMO.

Legendary names on the Forum back then

Quincy Miller
Scott Machado
Terrence Williams
Perry Jones 3rd

I was a firm believer of Perry Jones/Quincy Miller, even after there sub par College experience. Basically anyone with "Star" potential and trying to replace Jose Calderon.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#155 » by niQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 pm

God Squad wrote:
niQ wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Ahh The Good Ol days of Rob Babcock, Wayne Embry and of course the Great Bryan Colon-Jello ( Hated, but put us on the right track). The one thing IMO that united us all back then was NCAA basketball and the lottery/draft. Me falling in love with "Insert prospect" and dismissing your prospect because he didn't have "Athleticism". We've been so spoiled with Masai tenure IMO.

Legendary names on the Forum back then

Quincy Miller
Scott Machado
Terrence Williams
Perry Jones 3rd

I was a firm believer of Perry Jones/Quincy Miller, even after there sub par College experience. Basically anyone with "Star" potential and trying to replace Jose Calderon.

Omg I remember the whole "We drafted the wrong Quincy!" When we took Acy over Miller.

I also remember the year Ben Uzoh's triple double probably cost us Harrison Barnes, which led us to the infamous coin toss Ross.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,594

Post#156 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:13 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
lolwut wrote:I love how Matt&Jack were trying to downplay OG's takedown as totally unintentional.
"He was just trying to get up."
"He was trying to help Schroeder get up."

LMAO since when do you help lift someone off the floor by grabbing their leg?

Lol it was so dumb. Schroeder was literally standing upright before OG took him down

But Schroeder was provoking OG. Hard foul first then deliberately sort of rode him like a bronco, not letting go. Pretending to hold him up. It was provocation
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors