OKC - Washington

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

OKC - Washington 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:02 pm

Assuming draft order stays as is:

Washington trades: Westbrook, 5th overall
OKC trades: Horford, 8th overall, 17th overall

Why for Washington: get a veteran C to help beal win now and unload westbrook. Since washington's starting SG-SF-PF is locked up i dont think the drop off from 5 to 8 is that bad (seems like after cade/sugg/mobley its mostly wings left?). Also get another mid 1st for more depth

Why for OKC: they have tons of salary cap space to use anyways to reach the floor so why not embrace tanking for another year with westbrook. move up to grab either kuminga or green to pair with SGA long term.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Re: OKC - Washington 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:07 pm

No interest for OKC. Too much money for too little return. If they need to move up they will do it with the war chest, not by taking on a ton of salary.

Love Russ, but his OKC days are probably over until he signs a one day.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,356

Post#3 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:50 pm

The draft order will not stay as it is. The one thing that is almost certain is that the Wizards will not land the #5 pick. They have just a 2% chance of that happening if they finish 5th-to-last in the standings. They will either luck into the top 4, or one or more teams below them will luck into the top 4, bumping the Wizards down to the 6th or 7th pick.

And I assume that if the Wizards fall to 6 or 7, the appeal of this trade for OKC is dramatically lessened. It's a 5-person draft.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:09 pm

nate33 wrote:The draft order will not stay as it is. The one thing that is almost certain is that the Wizards will not land the #5 pick. They have just a 2% chance of that happening if they finish 5th-to-last in the standings. They will either luck into the top 4, or one or more teams below them will luck into the top 4, bumping the Wizards down to the 6th or 7th pick.

And I assume that if the Wizards fall to 6 or 7, the appeal of this trade for OKC is dramatically lessened. It's a 5-person draft.

true i forgot about those weird odds

Return to Trades and Transactions