NOP/Mavs/Thunder

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

NOP/Mavs/Thunder 

Post#1 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:42 pm

THUNDER
In: Bledsoe / Powell / Terry / 1 second ( by Mavs)
Out: Horford / Williams

-Bledsoe / Powell younger than Al.
-Contract easier to move.
-He gets another prospect, well regarded in the draft.

MAVS
In: Adams
Out: Powell / Terry / 2 future Mavs

-Turns Powell into Adams ... for a boy who has no minutes .. Adams screens would be great for Luka (in my imagination)

NOP
In: Horford / Williams
Out: Adams / Bledsoe ..

-Horford, he goes to a good team.
-I think I could mentor and it seems like a good fit for Zion.

What do you think...??
1+1=11
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Re: NOP/Mavs/Thunder 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:50 pm

Dont really see the appeal for thunder.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,079

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:53 pm

Bledsoe and Powell is worse/more money than Horford.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#4 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:06 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Dont really see the appeal for thunder.

A year ago ... Horford looked washed out.
CP3 increased his value, going to Thunder (even, at his age)
Bledsoe is not a bad player (in my opinion). Powell is a 2-year (10 million) deal, a cool guy in locker room..expiring next year,
He also gets Terry, who was seen as raw, but high potential .. Children flourish in Thunder ... my question is ...
what does Thunder lose ...?
1+1=11
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:16 pm

Me either.

Or Dallas.

This is Dallas giving up their cap space and some minor assets for a backup center. This also costs them THJ who would have more utility for them than Adams.

The time to make a deal like this was prior to the deadline when they had Johnson's contract and could stay over the cap. Now it's just DOA for Dallas. And frankly if they were making a deal like this planning on just bringing back their own guys, they'd just take Horford and keep some assets. He'd have more utlility.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Me either.

Or Dallas.

This is Dallas giving up their cap space and some minor assets for a backup center. This also costs them THJ who would have more utility for them than Adams.

The time to make a deal like this was prior to the deadline when they had Johnson's contract and could stay over the cap. Now it's just DOA for Dallas. And frankly if they were making a deal like this planning on just bringing back their own guys, they'd just take Horford and keep some assets. He'd have more utlility.

Adams contract goes down to 17m i think so they can probably get enough salary to match without renouncing thj and Richardson
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#7 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Me either.

Or Dallas.

Yes .. it would be an endorsement, but from KP ..
That is a lot of games. They can even play together, in certain matches. I think Adams taking, the WCS / Powell minutes is an improvement, massive ..
I also think, to be a compliment to Luka .. with how well he plays through the screens ..
Think about this trade, how Mavs is working ... making small arrangements (without giving up, large assets or committing money) ...
The rebounding and defense of the paint has been a concern this year ... Adams fix a bit of that.
1+1=11
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#8 » by Pinkyring » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:54 am

I like Adams as a target but not this deal, it'd be in the summer after we use our cap (not on retaining Richardson and thj) most i offer is Powell burke and a couple seconds, okc sheds a few million and gets some more draft capital

Return to Trades and Transactions