Who comes out of the West?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

West Finals

Utah
8%
Clippers
13%
Suns
15%
Denver
28%
Lakers
29%
Others
6%

Total votes: 183

cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,460

Re: Who comes out of the West? 

Post#41 » by cjx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:56 am

Nugget power, you know what it is, folks!
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#42 » by Catchall » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:59 am

EArl wrote:
Catchall wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:I'm hoping we get out, but if we do it would be similar to the '95 Rockets no?

How would you feel about Lakers/Clippers in the 1st round?

In my opinion that is the worst matchup for us in the 1st round.
After that maybe the Nuggets not in the 1st round either, although I am not worried about them as much.
Every other team I think we can beat even if not 100 percent firing on all cylinders.

The Jazz blew the Lakers off the floor the last time they played, and they've won their last 22 straight home games. That doesn't make you blink if the Jazz have HCA and the Lakers aren't 100% ?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#43 » by EArl » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:10 am

Catchall wrote:
EArl wrote:
Catchall wrote:

After that maybe the Nuggets not in the 1st round either, although I am not worried about them as much.
Every other team I think we can beat even if not 100 percent firing on all cylinders.

The Jazz blew the Lakers off the floor the last time they played, and they've won their last 22 straight home games. That doesn't make you blink if the Jazz have HCA and the Lakers aren't 100% ?

It honestly doesn't. Im not saying that they cant beat us in a playoff series, but I personally don't see it.
The Jazz Remind me of the 1st place Hawks a couple years back. If im wrong, im wrong.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#44 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:42 am

Catchall wrote:
EArl wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Jazz blew the Lakers off the floor so as a Lakers fan, I hope we meet again. You guys take care of Nuggets or better yet Clippers and we see you afterwards.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#45 » by MindState » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:50 am

Its honestly a toss up.

Could see Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, or Nuggets coming out of the west. Especially since the Lakers just arent having any injury luck this year.
SnoopDub
Junior
And1: 240

Post#46 » by SnoopDub » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:31 am

At the beginning of the season, its the lakers. Now, i really dont know. Almost all the western contenders improved. Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets are the favorites. I wouldnt be surprised tho if its the suns or jazz.

Bullet to the head, I'd say Lakers still. Not confident tho
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#47 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:45 am

SnoopDub wrote:At the beginning of the season, its the lakers. Now, i really dont know. Almost all the western contenders improved. Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets are the favorites. I wouldnt be surprised tho if its the suns or jazz.

Well a bullet to the head isnt risky at all if it isnt fired from a gun. So id say you have a safe bet here.
SnoopDub
Junior

Post#48 » by SnoopDub » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:55 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SnoopDub wrote:At the beginning of the season, its the lakers. Now, i really dont know. Almost all the western contenders improved. Lakers, Clippers and Nuggets are the favorites. I wouldnt be surprised tho if its the suns or jazz.

Well a bullet to the head isnt risky at all if it isnt fired from a gun. So id say you have a safe bet here.

Hahahaha. Im not good at english tho. Its my 2nd language. Forgive me Senpai.

I have a question for you. Whats the realistic ceiling for the Suns in the playoffs?
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#49 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:57 am

SnoopDub wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

I have a question for you. Whats the realistic ceiling for the Suns in the playoffs?

A chip. Floor is a first round exit for being young. They are an open book. Anything can happen.
SnoopDub
Junior

Post#50 » by SnoopDub » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:00 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SnoopDub wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

A chip. Floor is a first round exit for being young. They are an open book. Anything can happen.

Im rooting for you guys. Hope you beat the Jazz today
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,592

Post#51 » by Roger Murdock » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:02 am

It just doesnt feel like the Lakers year. Too beat up, havent been healthy or on same page all year.

If they get to full strength they are certainly favorites but it just feels like one of those years where it goes wrong.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#52 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:34 am

Roger Murdock wrote:It just doesnt feel like the Lakers year. Too beat up, havent been healthy or on same page all year.

If they get to full strength they are certainly favorites but it just feels like one of those years where it goes wrong.

Right. Keep wishing.

Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,897

Post#53 » by Kobe187 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:36 am

Lakers. Too talented, too deep.
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#54 » by Freighttrain » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:56 am

EArl wrote:
Catchall wrote:
EArl wrote:In my opinion that is the worst matchup for us in the 1st round.

It honestly doesn't. Im not saying that they cant beat us in a playoff series, but I personally don't see it.
The Jazz Remind me of the 1st place Hawks a couple years back. If im wrong, im wrong.

I'm of a similar mindset as Earl. The Jazz look to be clicking but they don't have any real superstar. When is the last time a team won without a superstar? ''04? Nowadays you need at least 2 to even compete. Also looking at the Nets, they seem to be clearly the favorite in my eyes, even above my Laker squad. If we can't handle Utah in 6 we not gonna win it if we're going against the Nets.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#55 » by Optms » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:59 am

Roger Murdock wrote:It just doesnt feel like the Lakers year. Too beat up, havent been healthy or on same page all year.

Or it could be the 2001 Lakers again where they flipped the switch and dominate the playoffs. Lebron and AD did that last year despite their crap bubble start and long layoff. I can see the same thing happening again if both are healthy. Even if I wasn't a Lakers fan, I wouldn't bet against both Lebron/AD if they can play. Not happening.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#56 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:08 pm

Optms wrote:

Or it could be the 2001 Lakers again where they flipped the switch and dominate the playoffs. Lebron and AD did that last year despite their crap bubble start and long layoff. I can see the same thing happening again if both are healthy. Even if I wasn't a Lakers fan, I wouldn't bet against both Lebron/AD if they can play. Not happening.

The Lakers were lucky last year as they had so many weaknesses but somehow AD and Bron led this team to a banner. Unbelievable!!

This year the team is so much better. They have a better point, better centers and more stability.

The playoff race will be tough and no guarantees but love how the Lakers stack up right now if healthy.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#57 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:30 pm

It's the Lakers against the field, like it or not. Their stars have proven they can win. I'm not convinced this roster is better for the playoffs and we haven't seen the team at their best. So I do believe someone can beat them.

Jazz? Team first one young superstar - or so some believe. It's not the standard formula for this era, but ...

Suns? Traditional wisdom says they need to win some playoff games before they can win a conference final, but ...

Clippers? Maybe, they have the superstars and some other good players and no doubt they are motivated but ...

Nuggets? Jokic plus a decent bunch of role players. They can score, but ...

Blazers? Great guards, but can their frontline be effective in a seven game series?
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,058

Post#58 » by Johnny Tomala » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:09 pm

Lakers. AD and LBJ will come back in playoffs. It's just media creating problem out of nothing like in 2018 when Warriors had Curry, Klay and KD injured. Everyone knew they would come back in the playoffs but stupid media created narrative that the Warriors were in trouble.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#59 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:31 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:It's the Lakers against the field, like it or not. Their stars have proven they can win. I'm not convinced this roster is better for the playoffs and we haven't seen the team at their best. So I do believe someone can beat them.

Jazz? Team first one young superstar - or so some believe. It's not the standard formula for this era, but ...

Suns? Traditional wisdom says they need to win some playoff games before they can win a conference final, but ...

Clippers? Maybe, they have the superstars and some other good players and no doubt they are motivated but ...

Nuggets? Jokic plus a decent bunch of role players. They can score, but ...

Blazers? Great guards, but can their frontline be effective in a seven game series?

The Jazz look better. They didn’t make any big moves but the core has another year under them and the rift between Mitchell and Gobert has died out. They still have not proven themselves but maybe this is the year. Their RS showing is impressive so far. But they will be betting underdogs.

Nuggets switched AGordon for their wing Grant who bolted to Detroit. I don’t know if that’s enough as Grant’s performance was outstanding and few can repeat it. AGordon will need to revive his career in Denver which is possible. The other key will be, have the rest of the roster matured enough to make a run? They took out the Clippers so who knows this year.

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#60 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:36 pm

LakersSoul wrote:

Right. Keep wishing.

He's got a point. Let's not net fan this.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to The General Board