*** Wolves @ Pacers - Wednesday Night - 6pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: *** Wolves @ Pacers - Wednesday Night - 6pm CT FSN *** 

Post#121 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:31 am

Calinks wrote:
Jedzz wrote:McConnel talk from crew sounds like this is some insane event of him hitting a shot and reaching 19.

He had 18 4 days ago against Spurs. He had 19 in February against Bulls. Dude can play and shoot like most pros when you leave them open.

I don't think it's just the points, its doing it on like 80 percent shooting. When was the last time the wolves had a guard getting 20 on that high level of a clip? Dudes don't miss.

Nowell had a game like that. One of his maybe three games of at least 28 minutes.
28 pts on 85% FG, 86% 3FG on 13 shots with 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 tov

Guys like these play bench fodder to crap basketball players that get 50-80 starts a year to show 15-20 great games and people forget about the 40 rotten games. McConnel isn't a crap player. Give him 35 minutes every night and you will get games like this popping up. Put them infront of a lazy stupid defense and they can make you pay.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#122 » by LesGrossman » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:31 am

Jedzz wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Its like... Dude he had the best +/- on the team, every team he's ever been a part of has had their young shooting guards rave about how his ability to facilitate an offense and unlock their offense is key.

But yeah he sucks. His shooting seems like a problem tonight because they can't get a stop. He hasn't changed as a player probably never will but he's not the problem tonight. Wide open shots we consistently miss are.

Well i can relate to this view point because when i was very young and starting to watch basketball i also was just speechless seeing the flashy super duper iso me first guys and didnt have any understanding for what actually makes teams win or not. I'm not even angry at such posts it just gives me a good laugh. "Trash can" lol

Just tell us you saw the second quarter and Rubio have a huge part in the team dropping 21 points behind.
Dudes a mess waiting to happen mentally at any moment. Then he snaps out of it and looks like normal Rubio again.

When Rubio lft in the 1st, the wolves were leading 20-17. When he returned in the 2nd, they were ten points behind. But i guess those 13 points are somehow also his fault.

Right now hes the 3rd leading scorer with 7 assists and 3 steals, playing by far the best defense on the team. But year "trash can" and "a mess". You guys... :nonono: :noway:
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#123 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:33 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Well i can relate to this view point because when i was very young and starting to watch basketball i also was just speechless seeing the flashy super duper iso me first guys and didnt have any understanding for what actually makes teams win or not. I'm not even angry at such posts it just gives me a good laugh. "Trash can" lol

Just tell us you saw the second quarter and Rubio have a huge part in the team dropping 21 points behind.
Dudes a mess waiting to happen mentally at any moment. Then he snaps out of it and looks like normal Rubio again.

When Rubio lft in the 1st, the wolves were leading 20-17. When he returned in the 2nd, they were ten points behind. But i guess those 13 points are somehow also his fault.

Right now hes the 3rd leading scorer with 7 assists and 3 steals, playing by far the best defense on the team. But year "trash can" and "a mess". You guys... :nonono: :noway:

He was also a +/- -5 which was the best on the team at the half
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#124 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:34 am

Dlo can be clutch and have moments of brilliance.. But most other times just ice cold..
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#125 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:35 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Well i can relate to this view point because when i was very young and starting to watch basketball i also was just speechless seeing the flashy super duper iso me first guys and didnt have any understanding for what actually makes teams win or not. I'm not even angry at such posts it just gives me a good laugh. "Trash can" lol

Best defense. What? Rubio fans man
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:37 am

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Like Reid playing above Rim. Nobody else will, not even Edwards.

Edwards is 30th in the league in dunks made this year, and had two jams this game. No idea what you are talking about.
Well excuuuse me. I missed the two "jams' you say Edwards had before my post. Or did they come after? Might have been while I was taking a nap during this snoozer. The reason I said, "not even Edwards, is because I thought we could expect him to if no one. But it was Reid while I was watching intently.

That's it right? He started jam'n after I posted didn't he. F U Note30. Just a little bich

Someone give Note30 some comprehension classes. Dude can't understand anything ever.

... Are you alright man? Looks like you got some anger issues.

I saw him jam one in the first, I don't know whether he jammed the 2nd after or before your post.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#127 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:37 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I guess you stopped watching after that post of yours earlier. It was a minute after that he went on a tirade screwing up, missing shots, turning the ball over. He had a great swish three but he didn't get it off in time. Yes most of those points falling behind were due to him ruining the offensive possessions during that time. As I said, he snaps out of that occasionally and seemed to in second half somewhat. But this loss is just as much on him as anyone. The team was spiraling as you described and a vet is supposed to help stop that, not snowball it into more.

I never said "trash can". "A mess" he does show us at times and if you can't admit he loses it mentally for stretches at a time then you aren't being honest with yourself. Sadly I know it is all do to him not fitting this worthless roster contruction and offense we have here. He can't count on a Culver or half the others to score if he passes. I'm guessing he was trying to stop the bleeding by doing it himself there. Usually something I would ask to see him do. He was just that far off teh mark.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#128 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:40 am

What a **** effort. Pacers are missing their 3 best players and shooting almost 60% against us?
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,866

Post#129 » by Nick K » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:40 am

TJ McConnell 19 pts 15 rebs. 9 of 12 from the field. I bet the guy doesn't even make 9 shots in practice. The Holiday boys were 9 of 12 from 3. Come on....

It's too bad we only played less than one half of basketball.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#130 » by life_saver » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:41 am

Just embarrassing that they conceded 141 pts to a Pacers team that was missing Sabonis, Turner, Brogdan. Aand Pacers shot 50% from 3.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#131 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:44 am

Im loving 4th quarter Edwards. Next season he should be a beast closer
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#132 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:50 am

Nick K wrote:TJ McConnell 19 pts 15 rebs. 9 of 12 from the field. I bet the guy doesn't even make 9 shots in practice. The Holiday boys were 9 of 12 from 3. Come on....

April 3rd, McConnel
9-14 for 64%. 18pts, 7 rebounds 8 assists

April 2nd
5-8 for 65%

March 19
8-9 for 89%

March 17
6-9 for 67%

March 03
8-8 for 100%, 4 rebounds, 13 assists, 10 steals, 16 pts TRIPLE DOUBLE

Feb 27
8-13 for 61% , 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 17 pts

Feb 15
8-9 for 89%, 19pts

Probably can't hit 9 shots in practice.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by Nick K » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:00 am

Jedzz wrote:
Nick K wrote:TJ McConnell 19 pts 15 rebs. 9 of 12 from the field. I bet the guy doesn't even make 9 shots in practice. The Holiday boys were 9 of 12 from 3. Come on....

April 3rd, McConnel
9-14 for 64%. 18pts, 7 rebounds 8 assists

April 2nd
5-8 for 65%

March 19
8-9 for 89%

March 17
6-9 for 67%

March 03
8-8 for 100%, 4 rebounds, 13 assists, 10 steals, 16 pts TRIPLE DOUBLE

Feb 27
8-13 for 61% , 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 17 pts

Feb 15
8-9 for 89%, 19pts

Probably can't hit 9 shots in practice.

No chit!? Who is McConnell? That boy can shoot it. He needs to play for us.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,087

Post#134 » by m2002brian » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:10 am

Jedzz wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I guess you stopped watching after that post of yours earlier. It was a minute after that he went on a tirade screwing up, missing shots, turning the ball over. He had a great swish three but he didn't get it off in time. Yes most of those points falling behind were due to him ruining the offensive possessions during that time. As I said, he snaps out of that occasionally and seemed to in second half somewhat. But this loss is just as much on him as anyone. The team was spiraling as you described and a vet is supposed to help stop that, not snowball it into more.

I never said "trash can". "A mess" he does show us at times and if you can't admit he loses it mentally for stretches at a time then you aren't being honest with yourself. Sadly I know it is all do to him not fitting this worthless roster contruction and offense we have here. He can't count on a Culver or half the others to score if he passes. I'm guessing he was trying to stop the bleeding by doing it himself there. Usually something I would ask to see him do. He was just that far off teh mark.

Rubio had 0 ZERO turnovers.
Soooooo... yeah.

Edit:
Rubio +7
Jmac -10
DLo -3
BLUEGREENRED
Lucamilo23
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#135 » by Lucamilo23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:14 am

m2002brian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:When Rubio lft in the 1st, the wolves were leading 20-17. When he returned in the 2nd, they were ten points behind. But i guess those 13 points are somehow also his fault.

Rubio had 0 ZERO turnovers.
Soooooo... yeah.

I called him a trash can lol. Which is more about my frustration and hate of him as a player. But like stated, he doesn’t fit with this team very well and I just can’t stand watching him get a poor layup blocked or miss open 3s.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#136 » by jpatrick » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:18 am

I’m hoping Finch can install better defense/rebounding with a full training camp next year. Both are embarrassing right now. It’s like these guys have no concept of either team or individual defense.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Nick K » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:26 am

jpatrick wrote:I’m hoping Finch can install better defense/rebounding with a full training camp next year. Both are embarrassing right now. It’s like these guys have no concept of either team or individual defense.

Covid makes it even worse regarding practice time etc.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#138 » by Norseman79 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:37 am

You know what helps with defense, rebounding, and paint points...a legit big man. Doesn't mean Towns has to go, but then find a 6'10, 230lb+ defensive and rebounding beast to play the 4. I swear if Vanderbilt was 2-3 inches taller, about 20 more lbs, and could catch a pass we would be on to something
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:12 am

Norseman79 wrote:You know what helps with defense, rebounding, and paint points...a legit big man. Doesn't mean Towns has to go, but then find a 6'10, 230lb+ defensive and rebounding beast to play the 4. I swear if Vanderbilt was 2-3 inches taller, about 20 more lbs, and could catch a pass we would be on to something

Think we could get Christian Wood for Beasley?

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,136

Post#140 » by Calinks » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:22 am

Edwards is showing progress. I'm still not totally sold on him but I feel a lot better about him week by week. If he makes a leap next season, watch out, we will have a rookie D Mitchell/D Wade caliber player and that is lethal in the NBA.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves