Image ImageImage Image

Way too early NBA draft thread 2021

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

If we manage to get 3rd pick who do you draft?

Evan Mobley
14%
Jalen Suggs
61%
Terrence Clarke
1%
Jonathan Kuminga
6%
Ziaire Williams
1%
Usman Guruba
1%
Jalen Johnson
1%
Terrence Clarke
No votes
BJ Boston
2%
None of the Above
12%

Total votes: 146

Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Re: Way too early NBA draft thread 2021 

Post#1041 » by Am2626 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:32 am

Almost Retired wrote:Not for the Bulls but I'm anxious to see where Timme goes in this draft. Is he a center or a PF at the next level. Most mocks have him in the top half of the second round.

I don’t think Timme is coming out this year. Chet Holmgren is supposed to sign with Gonzaga so that will be one heck of a front court for them next year.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 579

Post#1042 » by Almost Retired » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:40 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:Not for the Bulls but I'm anxious to see where Timme goes in this draft. Is he a center or a PF at the next level. Most mocks have him in the top half of the second round.

I don’t think Timme is coming out this year. Chet Holmgren is supposed to sign with Gonzaga so that will be one heck of a front court for them next year.

I just listed to the Locked On Draft Podcast. The hosts think he needs to go back to Gonzaga. He's not NBA material. They said he can't guard in space, can't protect the rim and can't space the floor. They think he needs another year to at least extend his range if he's going to make an NBA roster, and even if he does he'll be at best a bench/rotational player.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,582

Post#1043 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:33 am

Timme is a hell of a collegiate big, and has immaculate footwork. But I don’t see a significant NBA player. Maybe not even an NBA player at all. He just doesn’t have the range, strength or athleticism.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1044 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:13 am

I do not like Timme at all as an NBA prospect. He's like an Olynyk whose strengths aren't as strong but whose weaknesses might be even weaker.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#1045 » by BigUps » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:04 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Timme is a hell of a collegiate big, and has immaculate footwork. But I don’t see a significant NBA player. Maybe not even an NBA player at all. He just doesn’t have the range, strength or athleticism.

Baylor exposed Timme's lack of foot speed and overall athleticism all game long. His defense was putrid and I don't see anyway he can fix that.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,790

Post#1046 » by Jcool0 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Read on Twitter
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#1047 » by greenwing » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nostalgia aside, I would draft him if I were the Bulls to show the naysayers that loyalty isn’t an issue for this franchise. Unless there’s a homerun hit available in the second round, there’s no harm in drafting him with a second round pick.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#1048 » by dice » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:57 pm

greenwing wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nostalgia aside, I would draft him if I were the Bulls to show the naysayers that loyalty isn’t an issue for this franchise. Unless there’s a homerun hit available in the second round, there’s no harm in drafting him with a second round pick.

given all the former bulls that have hovered around the franchise, including pippen himself to a degree, i don't think that drafting pippen jr. would make a difference
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1049 » by Am2626 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm

dice wrote:
greenwing wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

given all the former bulls that have hovered around the franchise, including pippen himself to a degree, i don't think that drafting pippen jr. would make a difference

Agreed. The Bulls don’t need to make moves like this because the kid is Pippen’s son. If he is the right pick for the team based on what he does from a basketball standpoint then that’s another story. It’s a good move for Pippen Jr testing the waters but he needs to come back to college and continue to develop his game. Wouldn’t hurt him if he has a late growth spurt like his father had in college.
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#1050 » by Cabbage bulls » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:51 pm

greenwing wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The "loyalty" issue is such BS. It doesn't even exist. Any free agent dumb enough to have that concern would be shown that it is false during the Bulls free agent pitch. if anything, Jerry Reinsdorf has been loyal to a fault.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#1051 » by dice » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:58 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:
greenwing wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The "loyalty" issue is such BS. It doesn't even exist. Any free agent dumb enough to have that concern would be shown that it is false during the Bulls free agent pitch. if anything, Jerry Reinsdorf has been loyal to a fault.

john paxson makes it very difficult to accuse JR of not being loyal
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#1052 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:36 am

greenwing wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would tend to agree if the kid goes undrafted. If that happens, Pippen Jr. should definitely be the starting point guard for our summer league squad.
ROLES & HOLES
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,377

Post#1053 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:27 pm

Our pick is top 4 protected. I like Cunningham and Suggs, outside of that, if we landed a top 4 pick and those two were gone (say we pick 3rd or 4th), I think I'd strongly consider trading the pick. Not sure what would be on the market, but I feel like the trade for Vuc gave our team a certain focus on now. Cunningham and Suggs would have a clear fit/role on this team now and in the future.

The top guys outside of them however present fit issues with our current roster construction.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#1054 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Mobley actually fits nicely for us at the 4.
Am2626
Analyst

Post#1055 » by Am2626 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:47 pm

drosestruts wrote:Our pick is top 4 protected. I like Cunningham and Suggs, outside of that, if we landed a top 4 pick and those two were gone (say we pick 3rd or 4th), I think I'd strongly consider trading the pick. Not sure what would be on the market, but I feel like the trade for Vuc gave our team a certain focus on now. Cunningham and Suggs would have a clear fit/role on this team now and in the future.

The top guys outside of them however present fit issues with our current roster construction.

I would say that Mobley and Kuminga would also be great additions to the Bulls. I only see Jalen Green as not being a good fit for the Bulls because of LaVine. You don’t pass on a talent like Kuminga because you have Pat Williams. You can easily play Mobley alongside Vuc. If the Bulls are lucky enough to land a top 4 pick the biggest mistake they can make is passing on a great talent because of perceived roster fit. This team is not the 90’s Bulls.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1056 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:54 pm

drosestruts wrote:Our pick is top 4 protected. I like Cunningham and Suggs, outside of that, if we landed a top 4 pick and those two were gone (say we pick 3rd or 4th), I think I'd strongly consider trading the pick. Not sure what would be on the market, but I feel like the trade for Vuc gave our team a certain focus on now. Cunningham and Suggs would have a clear fit/role on this team now and in the future.

Every single one of the top 5 guys would be an immense get. I couldn't care less about this current team's awfully constructed current roster. They are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to their young talent. Pat is currently the only guy seen as a prospect of any value, and who knows what he is gonna be - I still have very high hopes for him, but I also think there's a high chance he's eventually nothing more than a good 3+D guy. Even if he does make the leap, like Jimmy Butler or Jaylen Brown, it'll probably take him years to get there, years this roster does not have time to wait around for.

Mobley would be the immediate backup/future successor to Vucevic, who's only got 2 years left after this season and is diabolically awful on defense as it is. Kuminga would obviously have a place as a young, big, athletic wing. And I know nobody here agrees with me, but I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to hand Zach a max contract, so Jalen Green is cool with me too as he could succeed Zach.

Having said all that, if they somehow ended up with a pick I also wouldn't be surprised if they just trade it for another B-list "star" that's on the trade block. In fact I kind of expect it at this point, unfortunately.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#1057 » by qianlong » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

If we were to luckily get any of the top 3, Cunningham and Suggs, Mobley would be great. Fit the team and good for the future.
More interesting question would be who would you pick at 1, who is the best player, who would fit better?
Ball don't lie
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#1058 » by Southpaw » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:42 pm

If we get super lucky and get the 1st pick, Cunningham is the pick right? He has all we need from a PG (Playmaking, Defense, Shooting) plus if he develops into an elite scorer, we'll have an a-list star to complement Zach and Vuc.

Man I really hope we get our pick this year. That'll be so huge for this team going forward.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#1059 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Southpaw wrote:If we get super lucky and get the 1st pick, Cunningham is the pick right? He has all we need from a PG (Playmaking, Defense, Shooting) plus if he develops into an elite scorer, we'll have an a-list star to complement Zach and Vuc.

Man I really hope we get our pick this year. That'll be so huge for this team going forward.

I think Suggs is the better fit for us for sure.

But Cunningham might be the bigger talent so that can be an interesting debate.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,372

Post#1060 » by The Box Office » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:54 am

I easily take Jalen Green, the best prospect in the draft, regardless of Zach LaVine being here. The draft is not about "fit." It never was. How many times do I have to write this? I wrote this many times in past posts. The Chicago Bulls RealGM collective has a horrible draft record when it comes to scouting anyway.

The Draft is not. about. FIT.

It's about BPA, but people's bias color their thoughts regarding BPA and their favorite players' position within the current roster. LaVine's position here in Chicago is not safe either. I'm not sure why all of you here think he's secure. Just because LaVine puts up pretty points and some dunks and that cements him as the Franchise? But he doesn't play defense, he loses the ball at crucial times, and we're losers with him, as the Best Player here, during the last 3 years. 4 years if you include this season, which I know we're going to miss the playoffs for the 4th consecutive season.

If AKME is thinking about building this team around LaVine then that's a massive mistake. GarPax would have built around LaVine. What was the use of firing GarPax and hiring AKME to do the same thing that GarPax would have done?

To me, if we do not get into the Top 4 on June 22, then that triggers LaVine being traded this Summer for the draft rights for one of the top 4 prospects. I'm speaking for myself though. Not AKME.

Flame away. I'm the only one here who would not build the Chicago Bulls around LaVine. Hell nah.

And oh yeah, Patrick Williams is a bust right now. Should have taken my guy, Tyrese Haliburton. I'm the only one here who placed Hali as the number one prospect in the 2020 Draft. No one else here agreed.

But here goes AKME tried to be smart and cute and pulled a fast one on everyone and picked Patrick Williams, who wasn't even on my list on my pre-draft scouting. We'll see next season how Patrick Williams develop.

Return to Chicago Bulls