PG Warriors: Bucks Choke

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Re: PG Warriors: Bucks Choke 

Post#161 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:30 pm

blazza18 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.

Can't believe Bud didn't challenge any of the iffy calls down the stretch.

I can't believe he didn't even look mad or upset or say anything to the officials about the iffy calls.

From not challenging bad calls, to bad line-ups, bad substitution patterns, guys continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again that have cost us games. Seems like this team isn't even being coached half the time.

I am still trying to figure out how Sam Merrill finally got some meaningful minutes about 2 weeks ago, looked really good, but hasn't seen the court since. All while Forbes gets consistent minutes every night.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,049

Post#162 » by BigO » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:52 pm

Siefer wrote:Bled and Jrue are very different defenders, which a few of us have talked about throughout this season. I think Jrue's better and more flexible overall, but yeah, Bledsoe was much more compatible with Brook. Brook's lost half a step, I think, but a lot of the issues we've seen with him have just been that the situation changed. Guards and wings have been getting better angles, and less resistance on drives. That's in addition to the league-wide trends of better and higher volume three-point shooting which somewhat devalues the rim-protecting priority of the drop zone.

Brook still has value, and the drop is still the best zone variation we have in our toolbag. Jrue has gotten better in it when we use it, and I'm glad we have it as an option in addition to aggressive switching, and the kinda cool switching/zone hybrid we've experimented with a few times. I still feel much better about our defensive ceiling this season. That said, I can't defend us running it straight into Draymond at the 5 like we did last night. Plenty of blame to go around, but Bud was asleep at the wheel in the fourth.

I have no problem with the drop defense being in a toolbag, but for the past three years it's a toolbag with no other tools. This season Bud has used it 75% of the time or more. You mention zone and switching as other alternatives, but there are many more variations of man defense than the drop and switching. Please watch the Lakers and the Knicks and you will see how good man to man defense is played.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#163 » by Perishable517 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:42 pm

It's done, we lost. They had a mega star at home that did mega star things. We were on the road without our megastar.

Onto the next.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#164 » by drew881 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:44 pm

Teague looked pretty damn good and strong to the lane. That is my positive take away.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#165 » by Lippo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:45 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:I won't go as far as saying I miss Bledsoe after I spent the past two years asking for him to be traded, but I will admit I have a growing appreciation for how important he was to our #1 ranked defense the past two seasons.

Should have sent Mids for Jrue..would have our 1sts and Hill.

PG Bled,Teague,Hill
SG Jrue, DDV, Forbes
SF Pat, Thanasis, Nwora
PF Giannis, Tucker, Portis
C Lopez, Portis, Diakite

+ save 5 mil...

Jrue could even play point SF
Bled,DDV,Jrue,Giannis,Tucker/Diakite, Best D in the league by far...Drop would even work
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,847

Post#166 » by Plossum » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:29 am

I'd have to tap out rather than watch another year of Bledsoe brick open threes in Playoff games.
#LockUpChuck
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#167 » by Lippo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:41 am

Plossum wrote:I'd have to tap out rather than watch another year of Bledsoe brick open threes in Playoff games.

Instead you can watch Mids lose the ball that leads to fast breaks the other way... or giving up offensive rebounds because he might get banged into reaching for it..... and for only an extra 20m/yr...
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#168 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:50 am

Perishable517 wrote:It's done, we lost. They had a mega star at home that did mega star things. We were on the road without our megastar.

Onto the next.

We were up double digits with 3 minutes to go man.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#169 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:16 am

blazza18 wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Obviously we had some bad plays down the stretch but it really felt, even as it was happening, that we were doomed as soon as Marc Davis decided late in the third that he wasn't going to let the Bucks pull away. That offensive call against Jrue is one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Just completely fabricated.

Can't believe Bud didn't challenge any of the iffy calls down the stretch.

Agree, but Marc Davis knows what's he's doing. Hit Jrue with a made up nonreviewable, and some other stuff that wouldn't get overturned.

Was it a Bud challenge that overturned the Lopez phantom goaltend?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#170 » by emunney » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:22 am

blazza18 wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:It's done, we lost. They had a mega star at home that did mega star things. We were on the road without our megastar.

Onto the next.

We were up double digits with 3 minutes to go man.

Hmmm play Mamadi
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Post#171 » by Wonka » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:31 am

are we really so mad at Khris Middleton that we are genuinely trying to talk ourselves into Eric Bledsoe being a better fit for our team than him?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#172 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:37 am

Wonka wrote:are we really so mad at Khris Middleton that we are genuinely trying to talk ourselves into Eric Bledsoe being a better fit for our team than him?

If you don't shut your mouth I'm gunna see what Monta Ellis is up to these days.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#173 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:51 am

blazza18 wrote:David Dunn is right :D

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#174 » by DrWood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:15 am

RogerMurdock wrote:After sleeping on it, I can see now, emotions removed from last night's loss, that the biggest problem was that the Bucks scored fewer points than the Warriors.

one fewer point.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#175 » by DrWood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:18 am

My two takeaways from the game were:
1) If the world was fair, Steph and Giannis should be on the same team.
2) If Khris has Wiggins athleticism, he'd be a top 10 player.
So, God, if you could make those things happen, that would be great.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#176 » by floppymoose » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:51 am

floppymoose wrote:Hi Bucks fans. I come in peace to tell you that i have seen a glimpse of the future, where the Bucks beat the Nets in the ECF.

I'm here all week. I got the ECF part wrong though, so sorry about that.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#177 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:43 am

floppymoose wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Hi Bucks fans. I come in peace to tell you that i have seen a glimpse of the future, where the Bucks beat the Nets in the ECF.

Thank you. Did your time travelling reveal any other facts on like stock prices or Finals results? Although I realize what you have seen is current for this moment, I'm hoping for some more foresight.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,786

Post#178 » by floppymoose » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:45 am

Jez2983 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:

Thank you. Did your time travelling reveal any other facts on like stock prices or Finals results? Although I realize what you have seen is current for this moment, I'm hoping for some more foresight.

Sell your NFTs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks