Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,804

Kawhi expected to re-sign with Clippers 

Post#1 » by og15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:42 am

Uninteresting news, but whatever...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nothing is final until it is final, but gives some confidence to the FO. Of course there's the reality that the options of places to go for him aren't plentiful anyways.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Re: Kawhi expected to re-sign with Clippers 

Post#2 » by Clemenza » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:52 am

Ain't nobody tryin' to sit down with Uncle Dennis and try to honor his list of demands for himself and Kawhi in 2021-22
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:49 am

barring a dramatic turn of events

Last year's collapse to Denver was pretty damn dramatic. This doesn't tell us a whole lot.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#4 » by Kelphus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:16 am

I don't think that is breaking news. The team appears to have done what Kawhi asked, PG13 was his biggest ask and he got it. Team has some young talent coming up, future looks bright, new arena coming, he is from SoCal, what's not to like if your him?
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,804

Post#5 » by og15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:50 pm

esqtvd wrote:
barring a dramatic turn of events

Last year's collapse to Denver was pretty damn dramatic. This doesn't tell us a whole lot.

I don't think that means dramatic past event lol
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#6 » by NickP » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:04 pm

Should lay to rest the Kawhi bolting theory.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#7 » by TouchPassDario » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:29 pm

Kawhi will never change his mind. Steady silent type.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:56 pm

TouchPassDario wrote:Kawhi will never change his mind. Steady silent type.

Kawhi keeps telling us he hasn't made up his mind. We should take him at his word. If things continue to go reasonably well, he'll stay. If there's another crash and burn, he's gonna seriously consider his options. The rest is internet noise.

“Just for my situation right now, I’m just focused on this season,” said Leonard, who isn’t extension-eligible. “Not saying I’m going anywhere else or staying here, but I’m just focused on the season. Obviously, if I’m healthy, the best decision is to decline the player option, but that doesn’t mean I’m leaving or staying.

“I’m focused on the season, like I said. We’ll talk about that when the time is right.”

December 2020
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#9 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:33 pm

I think he'll re-sign but if it's a disappointing end it'll be a 1 + 1 player option and if we flop again in the playoffs he'll leave.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:53 pm

You make a team give up all its draft capital for Paul George, you better sign with them in the offseason.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,046

Post#11 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:46 pm

Kelphus wrote:Team has some young talent coming up, future looks bright, new arena coming, he is from SoCal, what's not to like if your him?

The winning. They still have a loser reputation, which only adds to their already growing losing history. Leonard wants to be sure that they are winners. 2nd seed, that's a step in the right direction, but as proven last year with the 3-1 collapse, you're still losers. Only a conference finals appearance can convince Leonard to re-sign, even if it requires having to defeat their former savior Chris Paul to do it. As it stands, we may see a Clippers-Suns rematch in 2nd round (Clippers lost to Suns back in 2006 when they had Elton Brand and Sam Cassell).
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#12 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:10 pm

We have TMann, and Coffee. That's our "Young guys". Luke is still too inconsistent at a still untradable contract. Zu is fine I guess for what he is.

Morris is getting older. Ibaka. PG has bad knees. Kawhi has bad knees. Bev is nearly done. Rondo same.

We have about at MOST a 3 year window, closer to this year and next to win it all. This team does not have a bright future having given up 6 years of draft picks.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers