ATL - LMA retires with heart issue - pg 78

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: ATL - 2021 Buyout market Dieng to sign with Spurs 

Post#1341 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:54 am

Daver wrote:So if this board could do the DDV trade again for bogdan( the way he has played for the oast 10 games ) how many would still say no to that.Bucks would have i think best starting 5 in NBA with bogdan

Still believe the Lasry's big mouth will continue to haunt us on that deal being nixed (and we lost a 2nd rounder as well).

Yes Bogdan has injury issues, cold streaks and is a high maintenance diva. But I would have loved to have had him tonight against Golden State. He can create for himself and has massive range. We can't have enough of those guys on a team whose alpha has certain limitations due to a lack of outside shooting ability.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#1342 » by AussieBuck » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:57 am

I wouldn't do the trade anymore unless we could also get back a guy who can guard the 1 and 2. Having Jrue able to matchup the best guy 1-3 is a key feature I don't want to lose.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,082

Post#1343 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:07 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Daver wrote:So if this board could do the DDV trade again for bogdan( the way he has played for the oast 10 games ) how many would still say no to that.Bucks would have i think best starting 5 in NBA with bogdan

Still believe the Lasry's big mouth will continue to haunt us on that deal being nixed (and we lost a 2nd rounder as well).

Yes Bogdan has injury issues, cold streaks and is a high maintenance diva. But I would have loved to have had him tonight against Golden State. He can create for himself and has massive range. We can't have enough of those guys on a team whose alpha has certain limitations due to a lack of outside shooting ability.

I like Donte quite a bit, but I agree. To put it simply and kind of echo you, I think the Bucks would just be a much tougher team to beat if you replace Donte with Bogdan.

I still think Donte's best role would be as a 6th man. I think if we're talking 6th man, he would be one of the best in the league. Donte has that combination of spark off the bench while also being a high quality player. I wouldn't be against the idea of starting Teague at PG and moving Donte to 6th man.

Donte/Portis/Tucker/Pat would be a pretty high quality bench imo. Teague would be intriguing as hell starting with the big 3.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1344 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:55 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

Bogdan is way too slow to create for himself without a ballscreen. Now why would we be setting ballscreens for Bogdan late in games instead Jrue and Khris, or even better yet, simply throw it to Giannis at the elbow.

I wouldn't want to even imagine the Bucks trying to play defense with 2 wings as slow as Bogdan and Khris.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1345 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:17 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:Who will be the next team to learn the secret of why teams keep being fine with saying goodbye to Christian Wood?

Wood asked out in Milwaukee. The 2 GMs that let him walk? Troy Weaver and David Griffin. Both completely incompetent morons.

If Wood gets moved this offseason, hopefully it's to Milwaukee. He wants to win, and teams are undisputedly better with him on the floor.

Wood for Brook, Forbes, and a 2nd. Get it done.

I love it, but I think Houston is going to want more for a dominant big. Will they get full value? I doubt it because of his nomadic past.

Houston has a chance to get better in a hurry if they nail there pick, and then use there cap space optimally.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1346 » by Daver » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:37 pm

I know brook gets alot of hate on this board as does midds and for some reasons i agree with BUT and i know advanced metrics will come my way with this comment but not alot of disappointment and anger for bad performance gets directed at DDV is it a safe comment to say we should expect more than 6 points in 30 mins this time of year.You would like to expect more consistentcy from him as we close out the regular season and get ready for the playoffs yes than 6 points
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1347 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:49 am

The **** Nets, man.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1348 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:20 am

Daver wrote:I know brook gets alot of hate on this board as does midds and for some reasons i agree with BUT and i know advanced metrics will come my way with this comment but not alot of disappointment and anger for bad performance gets directed at DDV is it a safe comment to say we should expect more than 6 points in 30 mins this time of year.You would like to expect more consistentcy from him as we close out the regular season and get ready for the playoffs yes than 6 points

Depends if he ups his usage, or continues to defer to our stars. Since our stars are all hyper efficient, I hope it's the latter.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1349 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:25 am

blazza18 wrote:The **** Nets, man.

Scary.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#1350 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:32 am

Quite unfortunate for our timeline.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1351 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:34 am

James Johnson has the most lowkey silky smooth handles.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#1352 » by drone3 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:42 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:

Scary.
Kyrie running rings around everyone, LMA crushing it..Durant steps in off the bench at 100% shooting. Wtf! Game over...

Harden rehabbing in time for playoffs.

Just give them the ring already
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1353 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:00 am

Mark Jackson talking about the suns playing fast paced is really telling everyone on himself. One of the slowest paced teams in the nba this year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1354 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:27 am

drone3 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

Scary.
Kyrie running rings around everyone, LMA crushing it..Durant steps in off the bench at 100% shooting. Wtf! Game over...

Harden rehabbing in time for playoffs.

Just give them the ring already

What you need is Greek national team Vs Team USA strategy :D

Slow the game waaaay down
all shots a couple of secs before the clock expires, make it as low scoring game as possible.
Hit them under the basket with Giannis, go for every offensive rebound, make them foul.
Tooth and nail defense, pick them up full court
Overplay KD & Harden, make him sweat to even get the ball
Big rotation, designate 3-4 players just for fouling out. Refs always change it up in the playoffs anyway, they allow a lot more contact.

And then bring out the big weapon to get some easy threes (no, not Spanoulis himself LOL, it's just a play named after him):

Of course we will do none of the above but hey, it's nice to dream.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1355 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:40 am

But seriously in a series against the Nets the only hope is to max out the physicality of the game as much as possible. KD/Harden/Griffin/Aldridge are all great but they're all on the wrong side of thirty and carrying old injuries, you need to make the game about contact and running and take some chances with the refs. Giannis needs to go back to actually defending, and if that means fouling out at the end of a couple of games then that's a risk we have to take.

If the game becomes a shooting and technical skills contest nobody has a chance against this mob.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1356 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:06 am

I don't think we get Suns/Jazz in the playoffs and that would be a shame.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1357 » by mke_design » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:34 am

Why did we just send Torrey Craig into the sun, again? I still don’t get it.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Post#1358 » by tydett » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:38 am

Love Jrue, he's a great guy and teammate, but a part of me won't always wonder what would've happened pursuing Paul instead.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1359 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:48 am

I feel like Jae Crowder should actually be 34 and not 30.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1360 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:55 am

Also I forgot this exchange happened until I just now put together that Jae Crowder and Devin Booker are teammates.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks