*** Wolves @ Pacers - Wednesday Night - 6pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Re: *** Wolves @ Pacers - Wednesday Night - 6pm CT FSN *** 

Post#141 » by Neeva » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:22 am

Note30 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:You know what helps with defense, rebounding, and paint points...a legit big man. Doesn't mean Towns has to go, but then find a 6'10, 230lb+ defensive and rebounding beast to play the 4. I swear if Vanderbilt was 2-3 inches taller, about 20 more lbs, and could catch a pass we would be on to something

Think we could get Christian Wood for Beasley?

Maybe if the wolves get the number one pick and Houston ends up 3rd/4th and really really wants Cunningham.
Like 1/Beasley for 3 or 4 /wood/22
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#142 » by theGreatRC » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:28 am

Calinks wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:I just realized that the team got their first covid shot yesterday.

I'm 30 and when i got my first dose, it made me feel real sluggish for the next 2 days..not to mention my arm was sore.

These dudes are in their early 20s and are probably running off adrenaline, but I think they might be feeling those same side effects

I felt nothing from the first shot. I heard people who had Moderna all falling apart from side effects. Sore arms, passing out tired, whole body rashes. Look for a different kind.

I had Moderna. Just got a sore arm. I just got my second dose yesterday and I felt a bit tired last night but that's been it.

I got Moderna as well and I didn't feel anything but tiredness and sore arm like I said above. My two friends got pfizer and said they didn't have any symptoms either, but one had chills and a slight fever after dose 2
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,809

Post#143 » by life_saver » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:30 am

Wolves biggest problems are the perimeter defense and transition defense...off-the ball defense is bad and they often lead to lot more open 3's than average.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#144 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:33 am

life_saver wrote:Wolves biggest problems are the perimeter defense and transition defense...off-the ball defense is bad and they often lead to lot more open 3's than average.

You can fix perimeter defense by funneling them to a good interior defense, doesn't require a ton of speed or athleticism

Transition defense requires commitment to run hard.

Offball defense is probably the biggest issue.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#145 » by Note30 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:35 am

Neeva wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:You know what helps with defense, rebounding, and paint points...a legit big man. Doesn't mean Towns has to go, but then find a 6'10, 230lb+ defensive and rebounding beast to play the 4. I swear if Vanderbilt was 2-3 inches taller, about 20 more lbs, and could catch a pass we would be on to something

Think we could get Christian Wood for Beasley?

Maybe if the wolves get the number one pick and Houston ends up 3rd/4th and really really wants Cunningham.
Like 1/Beasley for 3 or 4 /wood/22

I'd take that.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#146 » by ChiefKeith91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:10 am

Neeva wrote:Sign mconnell in off season, trade rubio/jmac..

I’d give McConnell a Rubio like contract if that’s what he’s gonna bring to our team

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#147 » by Playmaker17 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:21 am

Jedzz wrote:Gonna lose this 140 to 135, or can they tighten up D while keep scoring?

Ant had such a horribly slow start. Guess it's good they wake up later.

I am struggling to figure out why Edwards is starting out so slowly. He is a player who feeds off energy. But he has been very average lately until the 4th quarter. We need him to play with that 4th quarter urgency for 30+ minutes per game
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#148 » by jpatrick » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:28 am

Playmaker17 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Gonna lose this 140 to 135, or can they tighten up D while keep scoring?

Ant had such a horribly slow start. Guess it's good they wake up later.

I am struggling to figure out why Edwards is starting out so slowly. He is a player who feeds off energy. But he has been very average lately until the 4th quarter. We need him to play with that 4th quarter urgency for 30+ minutes per game

The slow offensive starts I can live with. He needs to figure out defense.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,948

Post#149 » by Nick K » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:30 am

Calinks wrote:Edwards is showing progress. I'm still not totally sold on him but I feel a lot better about him week by week. If he makes a leap next season, watch out, we will have a rookie D Mitchell/D Wade caliber player and that is lethal in the NBA.

What's really amazing is he's still just 19 years old playing with men. The best in the world and he doesn't back down to anyone. A year and a half ago he was in high school.

Look at the improvement since his first month. Since March 1st Ant is averaging 24 pts, 5 rebs and 3 asts. Shooting 43% from the field and 75% from the line. By any standards that is extraordinary.

He makes plenty of mistakes as all young guys do but I'm surprised more guys on the board here aren't getting behind him.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#150 » by theGreatRC » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:17 am

Nick K wrote:
Calinks wrote:Edwards is showing progress. I'm still not totally sold on him but I feel a lot better about him week by week. If he makes a leap next season, watch out, we will have a rookie D Mitchell/D Wade caliber player and that is lethal in the NBA.

What's really amazing is he's still just 19 years old playing with men. The best in the world and he doesn't back down to anyone. A year and a half ago he was in high school.

Look at the improvement since his first month. Since March 1st Ant is averaging 24 pts, 5 rebs and 3 asts. Shooting 43% from the field and 75% from the line. By any standards that is extraordinary.

He makes plenty of mistakes as all young guys do but I'm surprised more guys on the board here aren't getting behind him.

His defense is disgusting but he's still young & he has that dog in him on the offensive end that you see in a lot of stars in the league
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#151 » by Neeva » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:45 am

Nick K wrote:

People forget Ant is younger than Jalen Suggs and Evan Mobley and just a month and a half older than Cunningham. Had no time to prepare before season, no previous pro ball experience like Lamelo either.
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#152 » by Heimdal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:19 am

Pacers just had to attack the rim and lay it up or dunk it for 3 quarters. 59.1 FG%. In case a defender miraculously helped, someone was side open from 3. When I mean wide open, I mean take a nap, wake up, and still take an uncontested 3. 50% from 3. So, we can't defend the rim or the 3. Great job.

Our bench got destroyed by their bench. JMac looks confused, but I guess when your teammates are Juancho and Culver anyone would look confused.

Edwards is looking better on offense. Less flash, more substance. This should be easier to keep up. Learn the substance first, add the flash later when you're in full control.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#153 » by Sugarless » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:58 am

It's so damn funny watching the Wolves lose by giving up 140 points in regulation to a team losing 4 of their 5 best players, and to read fans here still going on and on about offense, while completely disregarding the defense and effort of the couple players that try not to suck.

I'd ask guys to never change, but there's no need, I know from experience they won't. :lol:
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,399

Post#154 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:11 am

Jedzz wrote:
Nick K wrote:TJ McConnell 19 pts 15 rebs. 9 of 12 from the field. I bet the guy doesn't even make 9 shots in practice. The Holiday boys were 9 of 12 from 3. Come on....

It's too bad we only played less than one half of basketball.

April 3rd, McConnel
9-14 for 64%. 18pts, 7 rebounds 8 assists

April 2nd
5-8 for 65%

March 19
8-9 for 89%

March 17
6-9 for 67%

March 03
8-8 for 100%, 4 rebounds, 13 assists, 10 steals, 16 pts TRIPLE DOUBLE

Feb 27
8-13 for 61% , 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 17 pts

Feb 15
8-9 for 89%, 19pts

Probably can't hit 9 shots in practice.

McConnell is shooting .557% fg on the season.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,399

Post#155 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:19 am

I see that Rubio is more polarizing than ever.

Once the Golden Boy who could do no wrong... now he's "trash" and directly responsible for a Wolves team falling down by 20+ points to a mediocre team without 4 of its top 5 players.

Truth is... Rubio isn't as bad as some people here are claiming. For example... the TO stuff. He wasn't THE reason the Wolves lost. But his weaknesses are pretty obvious, and his ceiling is pretty limited, and it's frustrating not knowing exactly why the Wolves are SOOO BAD every year.

And the truth is... Rubio just isn't good enough. He's not trash, but he isn't playing well either. And he was never as good as many of his biggest fans would have had us believe.

I get why the online community needs a whipping boy in times like these. But the truth is somewhere in the middle when it comes to Ricky Rubio.
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#156 » by Heimdal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:30 am

Rubio needs order to succeed. He played his best for good organizations and for his national team. All of them play good to great defense. All of them have proven veteran leaders who know what it takes.

He looks bad now playing with this mess of a roster full of really young guys and non-defenders. Rubio, as the glue guy he's known to be, isn't good enough to take over and win games by himself. Bringing him was a terrible idea and he should have been traded already.

Was he blamed for this loss? Gotta be kidding me: 17 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers. One of the few who at least tried to play some defense.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,335

Post#157 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:13 am

Heimdal wrote:Rubio needs order to succeed. He played his best for good organizations and for his national team. All of them play good to great defense. All of them have proven veteran leaders who know what it takes.

He looks bad now playing with this mess of a roster full of really young guys and non-defenders. Rubio, as the glue guy he's known to be, isn't good enough to take over and win games by himself. Bringing him was a terrible idea and he should have been traded already.

Was he blamed for this loss? Gotta be kidding me: 17 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers. One of the few who at least tried to play some defense.

He couldn’t even slow down whoever he was guarding. TJ McConnell ate his lunch end of game. But you are correct that the loss was a team loss. Juancho and Layman were like magicians that made themselves disappear. Culver was like a magician that couldn’t find his wand, much less his man or the basket. Ant was like a sieve on defense. Dlo looked liked a guy who hadn’t played in 26 of the last 27 games, and JMAC looked like a guy who had but maybe shouldn’t be. This was a team loss because in the second half of the second quarter they all fell down.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#158 » by Foye » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:28 am

Allowing the Pacers to score 140+ while 60% of their starters are out for the game.

I will never understand losses like this one.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#159 » by Sugarless » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:32 am

Foye wrote:Allowing the Pacers to score 140+ while 60% of their starters are out for the game.

Even worse, 80% of their starters if they were at full strength: Brogdon - LeVert - TJ Warren - Sabonis - Turner

Wow.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,335

Post#160 » by winforlose » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:36 am

Foye wrote:Allowing the Pacers to score 140+ while 60% of their starters are out for the game.

If you watch it you will understand. Guys drove at will and got to the basket for what Jim Pete accurately called a layup line. Also note worthy that they shot way better from 3 then they normally shoot. Teams develop rhythm and confidence against us because we would much rather be playing offense than defense (Ant is a great example,) and they shoot well above their averages. Add to this a number of Wolves who are likely to miss open shots or simply lose the ball and the other team goes on runs. Those runs force us to battle back, and to our credit we often do. We cut a 21 point lead down to 3 end of game. The problem is it is hard to keep an NBA team from scoring in crunch time and we didn’t.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves