ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (2.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

At 10-13 where do you stand now?

TWO: True tank... Sell all assets and start hoping to land a Top 5 pick through the Lottery
15%
Asset-Building Mode: Trade Powell/Lowry but Keep Long-Term Core
46%
Asset-Building Mode: Wait Until Trade Deadline and Let Lowry Make His Own Call
22%
Buyer Mode: Trade Multiple Picks/Players to Get Star... Continue Competing with Lowry
3%
Organic Growth Mode: Likely Means Waiting Until Offseason Unless No-Brainer Trade Presents Itself
13%

Total votes: 181

AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,222

Re: Tank World Order (2.0) 

Post#1481 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:00 am

Psubs wrote:
720 wrote:I think I would prefer the magic to get the win today vs the wizards. Beal and Hachimura are back and so I feel like the Wiz will steal games here and there. But the magic are young. So them winning games like tonight give us an avenue to possibly catch them.

:nod:

no its going to be tough to get that fourth seed but fifth seed is within grabs. team that worries me the most is okc though. they're blatantly tanking and silver won't do anything to step in and stop it.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#1482 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:19 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Psubs wrote:
720 wrote:I think I would prefer the magic to get the win today vs the wizards. Beal and Hachimura are back and so I feel like the Wiz will steal games here and there. But the magic are young. So them winning games like tonight give us an avenue to possibly catch them.

:nod:

no its going to be tough to get that fourth seed but fifth seed is within grabs. team that worries me the most is okc though. they're blatantly tanking and silver won't do anything to step in and stop it.

Shai comes back next week. He carried them to a bunch of wins. Hopefully he does it again.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#1483 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:27 am

Our comp basically is

Okc
Cle
Wash
Orl

With chi and ind being outside comp

Top 6 is attainable and top 5 an outside chance but possible

Edit *** the *** sac kings hate those guys
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#1484 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:27 am

Poku has looked very good for the Thunder
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,626

Post#1485 » by Bruin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:32 am

Cavs and Thunder play tomorrow so someone’s gonna have to win. An L for us tomorrow and a W for the Thunder will give us a 1 game cushion again from the 8th pick
RealGM

Post#1486 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:38 am

PrinceAli wrote:Cavs and Thunder play tomorrow so someone’s gonna have to win. An L for us tomorrow and a W for the Thunder will give us a 1 game cushion again from the 8th pick

True but if the cavs beat the thunder and then beat us later this week we overtake them. Thunder and us will be fighting for the 6th pick.

We play the thunder on the 18th, hopefully Shai is back by then. Potentially critical game.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#1487 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:35 am

720 wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Cavs and Thunder play tomorrow so someone’s gonna have to win. An L for us tomorrow and a W for the Thunder will give us a 1 game cushion again from the 8th pick

True but if the cavs beat the thunder and then beat us later this week we overtake them. Thunder and us will be fighting for the 6th pick.

We play the thunder on the 18th, hopefully Shai is back by then. Potentially critical game.

It's way more important for the east teams to win if we have to choose. The less chance we have at a play in the more likely they stop playing core guys
RealGM

Post#1488 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:39 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
720 wrote:

It's way more important for the east teams to win if we have to choose. The less chance we have at a play in the more likely they stop playing core guys

Yeah, I want the cavs to win. Beat the thunder tomorrow. Beat us in a couple days.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#1489 » by Mister Ze » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:47 am

Best case this summer: Top 5 pick + Top 25 player (Free agency/trade) -> top 4 seed 2022 playoffs

Worst case scenario: 8th pick or later + No major moves in the summer -> once again fighting for 8th seed
RealGM

Post#1490 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:49 am

Mister Ze wrote:Best case this summer: Top 5 pick + Top 25 player (Free agency/trade) -> top 4 seed 2022 playoffs

Worst case scenario: 8th pick or later + No major moves in the summer -> once again fighting for 8th seed

Yeah dude, getting Cade would INSTANTLY increase our trajectory. But since it’s unlikely I’m just hoping to increase the odds as much as we can. It’s worth a shot.

It’s like 2003, we had a 13 percent chance at drafting 1st for Lebron.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,233

Post#1491 » by Mehar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:13 am

720 wrote:
Mister Ze wrote:Best case this summer: Top 5 pick + Top 25 player (Free agency/trade) -> top 4 seed 2022 playoffs

Yeah dude, getting Cade would INSTANTLY increase our trajectory. But since it’s unlikely I’m just hoping to increase the odds as much as we can. It’s worth a shot.

Last year, the Bulls had luck on their side, and moved up to the 4th overall pick from the 7th slot. Lakers went from the 11th pick slot in 2019, to all the way to 4. I am just hoping the Raptors can move up to the 4th overall pick, if the first 3 picks are out of our reach. A guy like Kuminga and Green would make the tanking effort worthwhile. Both are tremendous talents. There is a talent drop off after the 5th pick.

If the Raptors fall to the 9th or 10th selection, I think it would be worthwhile to possibly trade down and get another late pick, or package the pick all together. There is not a big gap in talent from the 9th to 20th picks. Getting in the top 5 should be the goal. Raptors should double their efforts if they want a chance to get in the top 5. Teams like OKC, Washington, and Cleveland are our competition for the 5th pick. I think the 4 bottom slots are pretty much solidified with Minnesota, Houston, Detroit and Orlando.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#1492 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:31 am

I want Jalen Green so bad

We need a Vince carter like prospect
RealGM

Post#1493 » by 720 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:47 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:I want Jalen Green so bad

I love greens game, I was following his play for a couple years while he was in high school. Back then I never thought we would be in position to get him but thanks to this Tampa season here we are.

But I do have some problems with his game. Back in his senior year of high school I remember him say his coach wanted him to develop into a point guard. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. He really struggles at developing shots for others. He doesn’t have that vision to find the second/third option once the first option has failed (he can develop that but I doubt it).

Also his size, he’s listed six foot five but I just don’t see it (too me he looks like he’s six foot three or four). He can one day develop into a shorter Zach Lavine. His wingspans is also not spectacular.

I wouldn’t mind if we got Green but I just don’t see him as a future top 10 player in this league. Maybe top 20-25 but you really need a future top 10 player if you want to have a championship contending star.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#1494 » by Mister Ze » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:56 am

Mehar wrote:
720 wrote:

Last year, the Bulls had luck on their side, and moved up to the 4th overall pick from the 7th slot. Lakers went from the 11th pick slot in 2019, to all the way to 4. I am just hoping the Raptors can move up to the 4th overall pick, if the first 3 picks are out of our reach. A guy like Kuminga and Green would make the tanking effort worthwhile. Both are tremendous talents. There is a talent drop off after the 5th pick.

If the Raptors fall to the 9th or 10th selection, I think it would be worthwhile to possibly trade down and get another late pick, or package the pick all together. There is not a big gap in talent from the 9th to 20th picks. Getting in the top 5 should be the goal. Raptors should double their efforts if they want a chance to get in the top 5. Teams like OKC, Washington, and Cleveland are our competition for the 5th pick. I think the 4 bottom slots are pretty much solidified with Minnesota, Houston, Detroit and Orlando.

The problem is that Lowry is looking for a ~50 million dollar contract this summer and will undoubtedly return to get the Raps some unnecessary wins.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,233

Post#1495 » by Mehar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:58 am

720 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:I want Jalen Green so bad

I love greens game, I was following his play for a couple years while he was in high school. Back then I never thought we would be in position to get him but thanks to this Tampa season here we are.

But I do have some problems with his game. Back in his senior year of high school I remember him say his coach wanted him to develop into a point guard. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. He really struggles at developing shots for others. He doesn’t have that vision to find the second/third option once the first option has failed (he can develop that but I doubt it).

Also his size, he’s listed six foot five but I just don’t see it (too me he looks like he’s six foot three or four). He can one day develop into a shorter Zach Lavine. His wingspans is also not spectacular.

I wouldn’t mind if we got Green but I just don’t see him as a future top 10 player in this league. Maybe top 20-25 but you really need a future top 10 player if you want to have a championship contending star.

I cannot remember what the source was, but on my Twitter feed a couple of months ago, I read where Green measured 6 foot 6 in shoes (6 foot 5 barefoot), and Kuminga was 6 foot 8 in shoes. We can confirm that in the pre-draft camp measurements in a couple of months.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#1496 » by God Squad » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:17 am

I don't rate suggs as much as most of you here either. Mind you top 5 imo are all nice. But something about Suggs violent movement scares the hell out of me. Very Rose-ish in that sense.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 773

Post#1497 » by Jerry Lucas » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:07 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Jerry Lucas wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:How long do you guys think it would take us to get back to the finals with Cade? His second year? Third?

Not sure about 2-3 years but the way back would be much shorter with Cade or Jalen Green as our closer than with any of our current stars.

Not counting out Trent Jr. just yet.

Off of one game winner against a garbage Wizards team without Beal? Gimme a break with these team mediocre delusions, I guess you probably didn't count out TJ Ford being our closer either after his buzzer beater against the Clips.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#1498 » by mdenny » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:28 am

Mister Ze wrote:
Mehar wrote:
720 wrote:Yeah dude, getting Cade would INSTANTLY increase our trajectory. But since it’s unlikely I’m just hoping to increase the odds as much as we can. It’s worth a shot.

The problem is that Lowry is looking for a ~50 million dollar contract this summer and will undoubtedly return to get the Raps some unnecessary wins.

We are not going to be lotto contenders next season. This year was the perfect storm for us to severely underachieve imo. Won't happen again. Which makes it more important to lose now.
CoinTossRoss31
Rookie
And1: 1,253

Post#1499 » by CoinTossRoss31 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:05 pm

Gameday tanking update

Current rankings

1- Minnesota (13-39)
2. Houston (14- 39)
3. Detroit ( 15-36)
4. Orlando ( 17-34)
T5. Washington ( 18-32)
T5. Cleveland ( 18-32)
T7. OKC (20-31)
T7. Toronto ( 20-31)
9. Chicago ( 21- 28)

Important games for the tank tonight

#1- Chicago vs Toronto. Toronto has to lose this one to make sure they solidify their spot at 7. Losing to Chicago could spiral us out of the top 10 entirely if we go on a run.

#2 - Cleveland vs OKC - Tough to choose who to cheer for. Cleveland winning continues to open up that top 5 for us to sneak in, but if okc can wins the raptors would be alone at #7. Tough game, I guess I can would cheer for OKC because it doesn't seem to be that cleveland is purposely trying to tank this hard.

Detroit vs Sac - hoping coach casey can coach their scrubs out of a top 5 spot. Get some meaningless wins like he knows how to do
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#1500 » by rocky_da_best » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:08 pm

Jerry Lucas wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Jerry Lucas wrote:
Not sure about 2-3 years but the way back would be much shorter with Cade or Jalen Green as our closer than with any of our current stars.

Not counting out Trent Jr. just yet.

Off of one game winner against a garbage Wizards team without Beal? Gimme a break with these team mediocre delusions, I guess you probably didn't count out TJ Ford being our closer either after his buzzer beater against the Clips.

At least Trent's actually hit a game winner in a professional setting lol

Return to Toronto Raptors