Christian Wood to Golden State

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,596

Christian Wood to Golden State 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:57 am

Christian Wood for James Wiseman, Kevon Looney and 13th Overall Pick

Rockets embrace their rebuild by taking a chance that Wiseman is better than Wood long-term and get a second lotto pick in the process.

The Warriors embrace their window with Curry by adding a great fit at center without losing the T'Wolves pick.
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Re: Christian Wood to Golden State 

Post#2 » by vetmin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:22 am

As a Warriors fan, this looks good to me, except that if the GS 2021 FRP is involved, I think we’d want some depth pieces from HOU. I’m sure HOU would oblige. Maybe House and Bradley or something?
NYG
RealGM

Post#3 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:37 am

vetmin wrote:As a Warriors fan, this looks good to me, except that if the GS 2021 FRP is involved, I think we’d want some depth pieces from HOU. I’m sure HOU would oblige. Maybe House and Bradley or something?

Yeah I think removing Wiseman from this team and adding Klay/Wood really makes them a great team.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:07 am

I like it, too, and agree about the depth pieces. If the Minnesota pick conveys it would be interesting to see what they would do afterward, would they also trade it? Maybe MIN 1st + Wiggins + ??? for Jerami Grant? That could be a fun team:

Wood
Green
Grant
Thompson
Curry

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#5 » by eminence » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:15 am

I think I'd push for one more piece from Houston, but very close. Either a bench guy or a 2nd or something.
I bought a boat.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#6 » by Coeur » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:29 am

I don’t think either of these players are nearly as likely to be traded as this board and many fans seem to think. But this trade might be a good one. I think golden state needs pick back and/or another player

Nah from GS
NYG
RealGM

Post#7 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:35 am

babyjax13 wrote:I like it, too, and agree about the depth pieces. If the Minnesota pick conveys it would be interesting to see what they would do afterward, would they also trade it? Maybe MIN 1st + Wiggins + ??? for Jerami Grant? That could be a fun team:

Wood
Green
Grant
Thompson
Curry

I think you could tweak the OP and your deal into some kind of 3-team deal where Golden State ends up with Grant and Wood. That team is unique as hell.
NYG
RealGM

Post#8 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:36 am

Coeur wrote:I don’t think either of these players are nearly as likely to be traded as this board and many fans seem to think. But this trade might be a good one. I think golden state needs pick back and/or another player

Nah from GS

How far off is it?
NYG
RealGM

Post#9 » by NYG » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:44 am

Detroit Pistons get:
Andrew Wiggins
5th Overall Draft Pick

Golden State Warriors get:
Jerami Grant
Christian Wood
Danuel House

Houston Rockets get:
James Wiseman
Rodney McGruder
13th Overall Draft Pick

It's not the all-star slam dunk the Warriors would love, but I don't even think it's out there. This will allow you to rest the vets and accelerate the development curve. It's versatile and crazy athletic. You're taking Wiseman, Wiggins and (likely after this) Oubre off the roster and replacing them with Wood, Grant, House and Klay. That's a huge upgrade on the returning team.

For Houston, they get to develop Wiseman who is 5 1/2 years younger with a higher ceiling plus a lottery pick.

For Detroit mixing in taking on Wiggins kind of maximizes the return you're looking at for Grant.
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#10 » by vetmin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:14 am

I’m very hesitant about Jerami Grant trades in general due to the circumstances of his signing in Detroit. Denver offered him the same money, but he specifically chose Detroit because (1) he preferred to have a bigger role on a worse team, and (2) he wanted to play for a Black coach and I think even a Black GM. Trading him to GS (or a lot of the teams proposed for him on T&T) essentially just puts him back in the Denver situation that he deliberately chose to leave. Not worth the potential drama, and also I think it’d really hurt the Pistons’ reputation.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#11 » by LarsV8 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:45 am

You can mark me down as a someone who sees Wiseman as a bust and not having any value.

My counter offer would be:
Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

GS can pick the pieces around Wood coming in, but I think this would help them the most.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,936

Post#12 » by tmorgan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:40 am

LarsV8 wrote:You can mark me down as a someone who sees Wiseman as a bust and not having any value.

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

GS can pick the pieces around Wood coming in, but I think this would help them the most.

Yeah, that’s just not realistic. If you are the Houston GM and you think Wiseman is a bust, you don’t trade for him. You certainly aren’t going to convince the Warriors to give him to you at negative value, which is what you are doing here.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,936

Post#13 » by tmorgan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:45 am

NYG wrote:Detroit Pistons get:
Andrew Wiggins
5th Overall Draft Pick

Jerami Grant
Christian Wood
Danuel House

Houston Rockets get:
James Wiseman
Rodney McGruder
13th Overall Draft Pick

Mark me/Detroit down as ok with this, but only under this exact circumstance. If it’s fourth or better, it doesn’t convey this year and I’m not interested. If it’s sixth or worse, I’m not interested.

I’m 90% sure Kuminga is going to be the 5th pick. I don’t love him the way some people do, but the drop off to the sixth pick is significant anyway. If you want the Pistons to trade their best player and perhaps best player asset and take on Wiggins, it has to be #5.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#14 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:49 am

LarsV8 wrote:You can mark me down as a someone who sees Wiseman as a bust and not having any value.

Wiggins
Wiseman
Minny Pick
GSW Pick

for

Gordon
Wood
Bradley
small filler

:roll:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:22 am

I proposed something like this earlier but ended up leaning towards a trade of Wiggins, Wiseman and Poole for Wood and Gordon and 10m TPE
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,487

Post#16 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:49 am

This trade and many versions (with Dipo, without, with Wiggins, without) was discussed multiple times before deadline. I was surprised this one wasn’t done. Could have helped the Warriors and helped the Rockets tank.

I think these teams could have a trade in offseason. Just makes too much sense.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#17 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:59 am

NYG wrote:Detroit Pistons get:
Andrew Wiggins
5th Overall Draft Pick

Jerami Grant
Christian Wood
Danuel House

Houston Rockets get:
James Wiseman
Rodney McGruder
13th Overall Draft Pick

It's not the all-star slam dunk the Warriors would love, but I don't even think it's out there. This will allow you to rest the vets and accelerate the development curve. It's versatile and crazy athletic. You're taking Wiseman, Wiggins and (likely after this) Oubre off the roster and replacing them with Wood, Grant, House and Klay. That's a huge upgrade on the returning team.

For Houston, they get to develop Wiseman who is 5 1/2 years younger with a higher ceiling plus a lottery pick.

For Detroit mixing in taking on Wiggins kind of maximizes the return you're looking at for Grant.

No way your getting McGruder that easy
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,487

Post#18 » by Wolveswin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:11 pm

Wiggins + Paschall + Wiseman + #13

FOR

Wood + Gordon + House

Wood
Green
House or Oubre (re-sign)
Thompson
Curry
6: Gordon
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#19 » by letsgorockets » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:14 pm

Wiseman means nothing to Houston. He's shown precious few flashes of anything, and his seeming attitude issues don't help. If we're talking Wood/filler for the Min 1st (assuming it conveys)/filler, then that's a deal worth getting into. As presented here, no thanks I'd rather just keep Wood.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#20 » by Nate the Great » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:04 pm

Wolveswin wrote:This trade and many versions (with Dipo, without, with Wiggins, without) was discussed multiple times before deadline. I was surprised this one wasn’t done. Could have helped the Warriors and helped the Rockets tank.

I think these teams could have a trade in offseason. Just makes too much sense.

I think there has been some animosity between the two teams in the past. I don’t know if it’s still there, but it might be a reason why there hasn’t been a deal.

Black Lives Matter

Return to Trades and Transactions