Covington(14)/Thybulle(24)/Green(10)
Harris(34)/Covington(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

McCollum/Milton/Maxey
Green/Curry/Joe
Covington/Thybulle/Brazdeikis
Harris/FA/2nd
Embiid/Howard/1st

I’m worried Simmons won’t retain that kind of value come the summer. But we’ll see.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,510

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1642 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:31 am

if we’re trading Ben. It’s not for guys like CJ.

If you want CJ, you can make sideways deals and by being creative while only costing you Milton, Maxey, Reed and picks.

For instance, you can do something like..

Maxey for Knicks pick (gets them a needed PG)
Reed for Celtics pick (gets them a lotto type big)

Milton, Knicks pick and Celtics pick for Brogdon. (Pacers stay competitive with Milton while having a couple of picks where they can move up in the draft with their lotto pick)

Brogdon and Sixers pick for CJ.

Something like that.

But given Morey’s fingerprint he’s not looking to build something like that. He’s acting like he’s OK but deep inside he wants a top tier player to play with Biid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1643 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 6:37 am

You only use the Ben Simmons card if an opportunity like Giannis asking for a trade because the Bucks are not going anywhere because Jrue is averaging just 1 ppg higher than Ben while being paid $40M per year.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1644 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:48 am

Maxey for Knicks pick (gets them a needed PG)
Reed for Celtics pick (gets them a lotto type big)

Milton, Knicks pick and Celtics pick for Terry Rozier
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1645 » by Tomjas » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:10 pm

Maxey and Reed are not only talented but also cheap

I wouldn’t trade them unless it’s part of a much bigger deal
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,907

Post#1646 » by Wilfried » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:37 am

Would you guys go after Stephen Curry, if you were Morey?

And what would you offer?

Ben + Maxey + 3 first round picks (2021/2022 swap/2023) would be enough?
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1647 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:52 am

Wilfried wrote:Would you guys go after Stephen Curry, if you were Morey?

And what would you offer?

Ben + Maxey + 3 first round picks (2021/2022 swap/2023) would be enough?

I’d throw the kitchen sink at Curry lol

But that trade package? No not even close even with Curry’s durability issues

Curry and Embiid together? Yeeesh talk about warping a defense to pieces.

Warriors apparently has the worst offensive rating ever this year when Curry is off the court. Even worse than the 2016-2017 Sixers offense and we know that team was putrid lol.

Funnily enough Beal has quite good on/offs on offense. He’s an elite scorer that’s why

Curry’s offensive impact is second to Lebron just more portable. Because of his off Goat lvl off ball, gravity his influence it’s enormous. Only can really see it once you watch replays if and see all the defenders go to.

Heaps of times Durant and Klay got freebies just from people watching Curry. Durant and Klay two players that never should have free space. The effect is very real

Warriors aren’t trading Curry/Thompson as long as they are healthy they can contend. It’s an ATG backcourt.

Oubre/Wiggins even Wiseman are the trade pieces/assets (Green possibly but the synergy of the three is just too great).
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#1648 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:11 am

76ciology wrote:You only use the Ben Simmons card if an opportunity like Giannis asking for a trade because the Bucks are not going anywhere because Jrue is averaging just 1 ppg higher than Ben while being paid $40M per year.

Simmons is an elite role player. Yes, he has the all-star nods, but that’s not been reflected in his impact (WS, on/off, BPM, RAPTOR).

I understand wanting to maximize value in return for him, but we also have to consider not wasting Embiids prime. I’d trade him for any of Dame, Beal, or CJ (in that order).
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1649 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:17 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
76ciology wrote:You only use the Ben Simmons card if an opportunity like Giannis asking for a trade because the Bucks are not going anywhere because Jrue is averaging just 1 ppg higher than Ben while being paid $40M per year.

Simmons is an elite role player. Yes, he has the all-star nods, but that’s not been reflected in his impact (WS, on/off, BPM, RAPTOR).

I understand wanting to maximize value in return for him, but we also have to consider not wasting Embiids prime. I’d trade him for any of Dame, Beal, or CJ (in that order).

I think Ben is around the 50th mark in regards to WS/BPM/on/off etc. the 35 mark is where I have him. I Don’t think you’re getting Giannis at all.

Dame is the theoretical best one imo. But he’s very loyal. I would be open with Beal (our defensive core is sound anyway with Embiid, Green, Thybulle, Howard all being positive to downright elite defenders for their respective positions).

Ben + Maxey + two 1sts might be at play in the off-season.

Just hope Ben, Ben’s sister and the family gets professional help. In house stuff doesn’t work out as well especially with that kind of status. It’ll get worse before it gets better imo
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#1650 » by the_process » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:45 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:

You have to expand the trade list for Ben past that this summer if they go out in the 2nd round again.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1651 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:54 am

Would you do this trade?

Sixers:
Siakam
Raptors lottery pick

Raptors:
Ben Simmons
Paul Reed
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1652 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:56 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:

He MAYBE is an elite role player but the goal is not to sell him as an elite role player.

I need confirmation first about Embiid’s health (send him
To qatar for complete full body scan) to for me to say we have a small window left.

Until then, it looks hasty to me.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1653 » by DCasey91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:46 am

76ciology wrote:Would you do this trade?

Sixers:
Siakam
Raptors lottery pick

Raptors:
Ben Simmons
Paul Reed

Is the pick unprotected? Yes automatic it’s essentially a 2 for 1 deal. A teens pick in this stacked draft holds great value if you pick up NBA quality.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1654 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:56 am

DCasey91 wrote:

Sixers:
Siakam
Raptors lottery pick

Raptors:
Ben Simmons
Paul Reed

Is the pick unprotected? Yes automatic it’s essentially a 2 for 1 deal. A teens pick in this stacked draft holds great value if you pick up NBA quality.

How about a Siakam for Ben, straight up?
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1655 » by DCasey91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:07 am

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Sixers:
Siakam
Raptors lottery pick

Raptors:
Ben Simmons
Paul Reed

How about a Siakam for Ben, straight up?

Value wise they are pretty close, But I’d look to get a player that fits better as having Harris already kind of nullifies this deal. The pick is what entices me, essentially a free swing per say at a starter lvl player if you hit well (surely NBA scouts are getting better at this thing, like past three NBA draft boards and beyond normal folk pick up the bolters/red flags ages before the scouts do and they still muff it up lol)

The bolters
SGA was the big big one (So many people were raving about him and rightly so).
Bridges
Cam Johnson

Scottie Lewis (this year)

The Sliders
MPJ going at 14 is still a head scratcher for me. Pick 6 or after I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Clear All star talent

The red flags
Reddish/Wiggins way back when
Evan Turner that’s going a ways back lol
Bagley

Because it’s massive at the top end this year (top 5)
Clear NBA talents will drop down by virtue of having five stud prospects in a row.

Tre Mann
Keon Johnson
Jaden Springer
Isiah Jackson
David Johnson
Usman Garuba
Davion Mitchell

Plus a few others so there’s some very interesting prospects in that 10-20 range imo.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1656 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:30 am

If we’re acquiring Raps lotto, i’d expect the pick or the player being selected to eventually be traded.

Im thinking Siakam could be a good target for a Ben trade.

I do think Siakam-Biid frontcourt can not only work, but could be a problem for the league. Both guys are mobile and long to defend multiple positions and protect the rim.

Siakam is a better shooter and scorer than Ben could ever be.

I’d then look to trade Tobi, picks and ALL the young guys for a PG.

Then for the Raps, I think Ben could be a good fit for FVV. Whereas FVV can slide into being a scoring combo guard. Then they can add another combo guard to pair FVV, with their pick (if its straight up) or with Gary Trent (he paired up with dame at PTB).

Raps then can have Boucher to replace Siakam
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1657 » by DCasey91 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:49 am

76ciology wrote:If we’re acquiring Raps lotto, i’d expect the pick or the player being selected to eventually be traded.

Im thinking Siakam could be a good target for a Ben trade.

I do think Siakam-Biid frontcourt can not only work, but could be a problem for the league. Both guys are mobile and long to defend multiple positions and protect the rim.

Siakam is a better shooter and scorer than Ben could ever be.

I’d then look to trade Tobi, picks and ALL the young guys for a PG.

Then for the Raps, I think Ben could be a good fit for FVV. Whereas FVV can slide into being a scoring combo guard. Then they can add another combo guard to pair FVV, with their pick (if its straight up) or with Gary Trent (he paired up with dame at PTB).

Raps then can have Boucher to replace Siakam

Haha I might be doing reserve thinking and looking to get Vanvleet to go alongside Harris/Embiid :) :)
Or better yet Embiid/Simmons but that’s a fantasy (Masai ain’t stupid lol)

Vanvleet
CJ?
Green
Embiid
Ingles type

I like that.

Ingles/Embiid pnr, Vanvleet/Embiid pnr. 4 shooters with Embiid going all out Dirk level from midrange.

Good enough defence, CJ scoring/shooting from the outside

Super streamlined approach

Can move Harris (results based I.e playoffs has disastrous consequences imo, his value ain’t going to be higher than it is now)

Pick is the cherry on top!
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1658 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:18 pm

I'm not trading Ben for Siakam
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#1659 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:29 pm

I have a feeling Ben is going to be traded this offseason if we don't make at least the ECF. That feels like the threshold Morey is holding with this team.

That said, I doubt he's making a trade for a mediocre shooter who is an overrated star and likely a 19 year old rookie.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#1660 » by the_process » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:22 am

I think the team to target for trades this summer is Cleveland. Gilbert always wants to win, so Ben and/or Harris will be attractive to him. And they have two guards that probably cannot coexist in the long term, both of whom fit what the Sixers need. Nance would also be a real nice fit off the bench here.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers