ImageImageImage

Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,248

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#501 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:43 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Ayton’s offensive rebounds were huge in the Suns winning this game. Ayton showed me a lot tonight. Proud day to be a Suns fan. Would like them to win tomorrow but going to be extremely tough on a B2B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suns beat Jazz then Denver back-to-back early in the season, so it's not impossible, but it will be tough.

Just checked all our back to back games and we are 5-4. So it's a hit or miss turns out we've 50% chance of losing tomorrow's game.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Game 50: Utah Jazz (38-12) @ Phoenix Suns (35-14) l Wednesday l 7:00pm l ESPN 

Post#502 » by Revived » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:00 am

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM

Post#503 » by Revived » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:10 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Clippers game is arguably more important so play everyone unless Paul is sore.

Why is it more important?

I think catching Utah will be nice but not entirely necessary. I don’t think Lakers will fall below #6 seed. But regardless there’s so many games left that we can still catch Utah with remainder of the schedule.

I know none of the players will want to sit out or be open to the idea much but I think James Jones and Monty need to look around the league and see what’s being done and rest them. For sure Chris Paul (43 mins) but I’d do Book (almost 44 mins) and Ayton (41 mins) as well.

I don’t think the next game is as important as their health and not saying they will get injured for sure by playing but playing on heavy tired legs supposedly increases the chances. I’m not so sure Utah beats Portland tomorrow either. Blazers are coming off a loss in which Lillard shot like ****. He’s gonna come out on fire. But Utah also only had 1 guy playing even 40 mins on their team and that was Mitchell.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#504 » by DickGrayson » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:15 am

DickGrayson wrote:Suns #1

Like I said.

Suns #1 in the West to me.

They have the most balance, tools and defense hasn't even peaked yet. They will be facing the Nets IMO and I've seen everything I needed to see. Injuries can only stop these teams. Well deserved for Phoenix and their fanbase. Suns outside of Paul have a core of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, Carter, Smith and I think that's elite...these guys aren't even in their prime. Suns can beat elite teams and last season in the Bubble prove win streaks are a norm. 7 Straight wins.

Don't tell the Knicks board I'm bandwagonning. I was stanning for the Suns since the Leandrinho days and when Marbury got Leandro a car for his rookie season as a welcoming gesture. Take care.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,636

Post#505 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:29 am

TouchPassDario wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP3 is a **** genius. :lol:
Revived
RealGM

Post#506 » by Revived » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:35 am

ATTL wrote:Weird how gobert has a contact lens issue at that exact moment when they have no timeouts and just saunters back and forth like he strolling through a park. Should have been a delay of game.

Look at Mitchell on that play. He’s standing at the top for the FT rebound closest to CP3. Put your volume up. You can hear him saying “Rudy come on!!!” and then he just sighs and looks in disgust at Gobert. And then look what follows it when Mitchell signals Gobert to inbound the ball right after that sequence lol.

Even Mitchell is tired of Gobert’s ****.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#507 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:39 am

Revived wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Clippers game is arguably more important so play everyone unless Paul is sore.

I think catching Utah will be nice but not entirely necessary. I don’t think Lakers will fall below #6 seed. But regardless there’s so many games left that we can still catch Utah with remainder of the schedule.

I know none of the players will want to sit out or be open to the idea much but I think James Jones and Monty need to look around the league and see what’s being done and rest them. For sure Chris Paul (43 mins) but I’d do Book (almost 44 mins) and Ayton (41 mins) as well.

I don’t think the next game is as important as their health and not saying they will get injured for sure by playing but playing on heavy tired legs supposedly increases the chances. I’m not so sure Utah beats Portland tomorrow either. Blazers are coming off a loss in which Lillard shot like ****. He’s gonna come out on fire. But Utah also only had 1 guy playing even 40 mins on their team and that was Mitchell.

That would send a really bad message, we would not even trying to compete.

I do not think there is any risk. Injuries can happen at any moment to anyone.

Is there any statistic that confirms that players get injured more often in the second game of a back-to-back?

It is OK to rest players that are coming back from an injury or if they are sore for whatever reason, but other than that I think it would be a bad idea.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,189

Post#508 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:41 am

Revived wrote:

I think we need to beat LAC to know we can beat them (to see it actually happen)
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#509 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:43 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Its funny because i have a radio next to my bed... I dont know how many people do anymore lol. I go to bed watching tv and will listen to 98.7 in the background starting at 6 in the morning instead of tv. I listed to 98.7 over music when driving. Never thought Id hear my name on the radio. Im over the moon!

Did you download Az sports 98.7 app on your playstore or can I find the station on pandora, spotify, etc? I usually listen to 98.7 in my car.

Na man i have a physical radio like a boomer lol. Im sure someone else can help you out with some tips in the modern tech scene but i have no idea.

I use the app on my phone. I would imagine it won't work in phoenix for blackout reasons but could be wrong. Maybe someone can confirm. It's really convenient.
During the Nash era, there wasn't an easy way to listen so I would ask Jon Bloom if he can not hang up and let me just sit on hold to listen to the rest of the show.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#510 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:45 am

Ryu wrote:
Mjee wrote:Awesome win !!!!!

We need to keep CP3 at all costs next season

Hey, that smartass John Hollinger says (in his parallel reality obviously) he should go to the contender, like Mavs or Heat. :roll:

When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#511 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:46 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is hilarious. Surprised I missed it. i don't think the announcers caught it either. That shows Paul doesn't have fear. Other plays would be nervous and having their hands on their knees. He's messing around.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#512 » by King4Day » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:54 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#513 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:21 pm

Read on Twitter
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#514 » by suns12345 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:27 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
ATTL wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09
"Good defense"
-mark jackson

I know this isnt what the picture is about but Booker is so athletic and strong.

Now im no body builder or anything close to it but that looks like a **** load of muscles.

Even his arm-pit looks like it has a muscle.

EJ always goes on about how strong DB is. I think its one if his best assets
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#515 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:33 pm

Props to Cam Johnson who was much needed for this game.

He played 37 minutes! Low usage, played very good defense and opened the floor (3/5 from three). 11 points and 8 boards. You can trust him.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,405

Post#516 » by Barkley6 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:33 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ryu wrote:

Hey, that smartass John Hollinger says (in his parallel reality obviously) he should go to the contender, like Mavs or Heat. :roll:

When did this happen?
I am listening to NBA radio and they commented on how the Knicks should go after him with their cap space.

I'm starting to believe he's going to opt out and there is no doubt he'll demand a 3 year, maybe 40mil per deal. And if he does, James Jones needs to oblige.
I can't see him going to NY. I know they're improved, but they aren't winning a title.

If he opts out in search of more years, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but I would try to negotiate his per season number down a little, or at least have it decline a bit each year. I also think that CP3 understands that while the Suns may have a championship calibre roster this season (did not think I'd be saying that this year!) that they need to continue to get better to keep pace with other teams in the West. LAL LAC Denver, etc, will continue to add to their teams. We need to as well and if we are saddled with CP3's mega deal, I don't think we'll be able to do that.
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#517 » by Ryu » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:41 pm

King4Day wrote:
Ryu wrote:

When did this happen?

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2021/4/6/22368946/hollinger-lets-go-ahead-and-kill-suns-fans-joy-chris-paul-free-agency-nba-2021
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#518 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:27 pm

Great win.

Ayton was awesome, he's had better stat lines but that was one of my favorite games of his career.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#519 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:44 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Great win.

Ayton was awesome, he's had better stat lines but that was one of my favorite games of his career.

Several of these offensive rebounds late, it was him and Gobert tipping the ball up between them. Really thought Gobert would have it since he's taller with longer arms, but nope. Somehow Ayton managed to get just a little higher time after time. What a beast.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,098

Post#520 » by spanishninja » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:51 pm

Revived wrote:

I have a hard time believing that CP3 will want to rest against the Clippers. If anything I see him sitting out the Wizard's game.

Return to Phoenix Suns