Kevin Durant is the best player in NBA

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Alienware
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Re: Kevin Durant is the best player in NBA 

Post#61 » by Alienware » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:37 am

The Nets aren't winning a title without Harden. They might win it without Durant.

Is that enough of an answer?

Inviato dal mio CPH2025 utilizzando Tapatalk
AdriLaker
Junior
And1: 210

Post#62 » by AdriLaker » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:51 am

OfficialRef wrote:Durant has never been the best player in his teams, not even top 2.

In OKC 2011-2012, Harden and Westbrook were better
2012-16, Westbrook and Ibaka better
2017-2019, Curry and Green better
Now? Harden, and Kyrie are better and one can make the case for aldridge possibly being better

Durant has played on stacked teams his whole life. Hes a glorified jump shooter that feeds off of elite talent to get open shots.

Op and durant fans are clowns

You forgot Perkins dude...Perkins was much better than Durant too :crazy: :lol:
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#63 » by hege53190 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:02 am

YamaChan wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:He has had 0 seasons as number 1. A few as number 2 and 3 though. :P

This is the really crazy part right?

Over the past 5 years or his prime you could make an argument that he has not been the best player on his own team.

The guy has been gifted more all-nba talent than anyone in the history of the NBA and he has 2 titles to show for it.

Is this the part where we pretend an unfortunate injury isn't the only reason Durant isn't the first three peat three time Finals MVP since Shaq? Really?

And I would LOVE to hear the arguments for Westbrook over Durant during their tenure together in OKC.

I'm all eyes

This is his 5th season since he played with Westbrook. And Iguodala was supposedly the fmvp in 2015. I am OK putting Durant on par with Iguodala.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#64 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:55 am

narmerguy wrote:KD is a transcendent scorer who will make shots. Best players in the league do more than score for themselves. Kevin can't do that, which is why he needs all-time great floor managers who are also themselves transcendent scorers. I mean, how easy is it for this guy if he's got the best team in the league and all he has to do is the one thing he is best at? Best players are great because they can thrive in multiple ways.

He can't do anything but score... Just laughable. Is that why those OKC teams were top 2 in offensive rating every single year besides the year that KD had a foot fracture? You think thats because of Billy Donovan's coaching or Russ's bball IQ or Perkins dominance inside ?

Everybody talks about Currys gravity but KD is the same way, he opens up the game for his teammates without monopolizing the ball and that's why he's got the highest O-rating of the big 3 on the Nets this year. Even before the Harden trade the Nets were #1 in offensive rating in the league. Yeah and he's also the best shot maker in the game.

Its not a coincidence he's on a top 2 offensive team in the league every single year. KD can make a good offense out of any collection of parts, guys like Bron and Harden need shooters around them. KD does it with literally anybody, non shooting OKC or sharp shooting GSW.

If you think KD is anything other than the best offensive player in the game I'd say go and learn the game. Or otherwise humble yourself
NADALalot
Senior
And1: 352

Post#65 » by NADALalot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:10 am

I agree with OP.
KD is the definition of unguardable.
He's God disguised as KD.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#66 » by LesGrossman » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:10 am

I believe he has been the objectively best player in the league for a long time now; best player meaning having all the skills and traits. He is absolutely unstoppable on offense - not a single other player can say theres no defense available to stop them - including setting up his team mates, and - onlike Harden, Bron and Steph - is a huge positive on D, not on Kawhi level but enough to lift him on top as a two way player. Criteria like availability longevity rings are random and arbitrary, just used to push the case of one's favorite whenever it suits. "Best player" would not include health in any other debate other than NBA. ANd i say that as impartial fan of the game, i dont consder myself a KD or Nets fan.

Whats really remarkable is that he not only managed to gather the usual hate group of LeBron fans (who hate on everyone who could possibly threaten LeBron's status, including KD, Kawhi, Steph, Giannis) but also upset so many fan groups that a thread like this one can go overboard from emotionality. Its a bit sad that guys cannot differenciate between whom they like and what those guys bring. As in appreciate a guy because he is simply good regardless of wether you're a fan or not. Guys are so into their fandom that they forget to be fans of the game in first place. How people cannot appreciate the absolute power and talent KD brings, just to talk about his career decisions is beyond me.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 927

Post#67 » by dk1115 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:19 am

Man, it's pretty hard to never actually be the best player in the league, yet still in the top 20 all time. But Kevin Durant is just that.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#68 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:37 am

LesGrossman wrote:I believe he has been the objectively best player in the league for a long time now; best player meaning having all the skills and traits. He is absolutely unstoppable on offense - not a single other player can say theres no defense available to stop them - including setting up his team mates, and - onlike Harden, Bron and Steph - is a huge positive on D, not on Kawhi level but enough to lift him on top as a two way player. Criteria like availability longevity rings are random and arbitrary, just used to push the case of one's favorite whenever it suits. "Best player" would not include health in any other debate other than NBA. ANd i say that as impartial fan of the game, i dont consder myself a KD or Nets fan.

Whats really remarkable is that he not only managed to gather the usual hate group of LeBron fans (who hate on everyone who could possibly threaten LeBron's status, including KD, Kawhi, Steph, Giannis) but also upset so many fan groups that a thread like this one can go overboard from emotionality. Its a bit sad that guys cannot differenciate between whom they like and what those guys bring. As in appreciate a guy because he is simply good regardless of wether you're a fan or not. Guys are so into their fandom that they forget to be fans of the game in first place. How people cannot appreciate the absolute power and talent KD brings, just to talk about his career decisions is beyond me.

Why be upset about others opinions. I'm comfortable saying most people on the general board or anywhere really don't watch regular season games outside of their own teams. So the takes are really just based off stats, YouTube highlights and emotions/agendas. It is easy to control the minds of the masses and people have taken advantage of that to do far worse things than bad basketball takes...

There is a reason NBA teams don't come to realgm boards when they want an actual opinion.. you have to look long and hard to filter out the rubbish.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#69 » by Ferulci » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:54 am

OfficialRef wrote:Durant has never been the best player in his teams, not even top 2.

Now? Harden, and Kyrie are better and one can make the case for aldridge possibly being better

buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#70 » by Homer38 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:19 pm

You can't be the best player in the NBA when you are not the clear cut best player of your own team....
LakersNavy
Sophomore
And1: 164

Post#71 » by LakersNavy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:06 pm

Did LeBron die or something? The thing I love most about this board is how quickly everyone's opinion changes and how all of you guys are prisoners of the moment
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#72 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:11 pm

Durant has played on stacked teams his whole life. Hes a glorified jump shooter that feeds off of elite talent to get open shots.

He's certainly been the best player on teams before. He's just never won anything as the best player.

KD is the best Robin in the NBA.
NADALalot
Senior
And1: 352

Post#73 » by NADALalot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:11 pm

Homer38 wrote:You can't be the best player in the NBA when you are not the clear cut best player of your own team....

Injury is the only factor making Harden the best player in Brooklyn.
People factor in injury, so KD is not considered the best player for that reason alone.
I don't factor in injury, so I put KD ahead of Harden, and I think everybody would say healthy KD is better than Harden.

LakersNavy wrote:Did LeBron die or something? The thing I love most about this board is how quickly everyone's opinion changes and how all of you guys are prisoners of the moment

LeBron winning the championship with AD is proof LeBron is the best?
I don't think so.
AD is the perfect #2, probably the greatest #2 ever.
Is there any superstar who can't win a championship with AD?
So disregarding LeBron's championship, I don't see any reason to rank him ahead of KD.
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#74 » by danvato » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:39 pm

OfficialRef wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:He ain't even the best player on his own team

Yep.

Harden, Kyrie >> Durant.

Team went 30-3 without Durant.

lol, no they didnt.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#75 » by Homer38 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:44 pm

NADALalot wrote:
Homer38 wrote:You can't be the best player in the NBA when you are not the clear cut best player of your own team....

People factor in injury, so KD is not considered the best player for that reason alone.
I don't factor in injury, so I put KD ahead of Harden, and I think everybody would say healthy KD is better than Harden.

LakersNavy wrote:Did LeBron die or something? The thing I love most about this board is how quickly everyone's opinion changes and how all of you guys are prisoners of the moment

I don't think so.
So disregarding LeBron's championship, I don't see any reason to rank him ahead of KD.

Forget the injuries .... If we look in the last 5 years, LeBron, Curry and Harden have all been better than KD..Maybe Kawhi too.... Don't forget that KD has only make the first all-nba team once since 2015

Also, Davis was great and it was one of the best duos ever for a single season, but you forget that Kobe was already the second option behind Shaq ... Or KD behind Curry or one of the Magic or Kareem in the 1980s of the lakers

Really prisoners of the moment ..
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#76 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:59 pm

KD if healthy is just too good. His playoffs vs the Clippers before his injury was amazing. They tried everyone to stop him and he would still put up 30-40. His 3point, post ups and free throw shooting put him in elite company.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
LakersNavy
Sophomore
And1: 164

Post#77 » by LakersNavy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:00 pm

NADALalot wrote:

I don't think so.

You know you have a weak argument when you have to completely dismiss championships. :lol:

Do we disregard KD's titles with the most stacked roster ever? Just asking. What does KD do better than Lebron? He's a better scorer but Lebron does everything else better. KD has a good night against the worst defensive team in the league and he's better than Lebron now? :lol:
TheYellowMamba
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#78 » by TheYellowMamba » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:03 pm

What did KD do to you? :crazy:
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#79 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:03 pm

KD would be the best player if not for all the injuries.

When he was on the verge of getting his 3 peat with GS he would have been universally recognized as the best player.

He outplayed LeBron is two straight Finals.

I would still take him over anyone if he can just stay healthy.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#80 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:04 pm

No Harden is not better than KD. Stop the nonsense.

I love Harden but we all know when happens to him at the end of big playoff games.

Return to The General Board