Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Raptors, RS GT # 50, 08 Apr 2021, 6:30 PM CT, NBCSCH

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Bulls @ Raptors, RS GT # 50, 08 Apr 2021, 6:30 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:42 am

OK, the last game was a victory or bumslaying for those of you that like to use that sort of terminology. I will agree to disagree and just say we beat an undermanned team on the road with a decent performance. What does that mean? We finally took the lead and didn´t totally collapse by letting Indiana go on a 20-0 run or something similar, just like we have in other games.
This is technically our 7th game with a new (or different) rotation starting 5 and bench. Both Vooch & Zach are singing the praises to one another in different interviews you can find on Youtube (basically talking about chemistry, fitting together, etc). Apart from Vooch and Zach developing chemistry and continuing to improve on that to perfect the P&R/P&P, it would be nice to see the 1st unit really play well against a contender who is at full strength. Once we achieve that against say 2 or 3 top teams that should quiet the naysayers.

Zach´s interview:

Vooch´s interview:

Mark K really provided a good summary of the P&R opportunities Lavooch created in Indiana´s game (Shout to him)

Read on Twitter

Few (but not all by any means) keys to the game:

1. We need 1 of Zach or Vooch on the floor for the majority of the game as much as possible.
2. It is critical for Lauri to keep getting minutes and opportunites (even at this seemingly late stage in his possible last year as a Bull) to either get the best out of him for trade value or to convince the FO he can be the 3rd wheel. This is subject to intense debate which is raging in the Lauri thread. Here is the highlight reel from Indiana´s game where he really shined on offense, on d; and rebounding.

3. Missing Temple again is key, but the 2nd unit has to play focused. I am thinking they play Arci in his spot.
4. Get the lead, cut down again on the turnovers, and play focused and intensive BBall at both ends for 48 minutes.

Probable lineups tonight:

Bulls:

Sato
Zach
PWill
Thad
Vooch

Bench: Coby, TBJ, Temple, Lauri, Theis (This 10 man shortened rotation is what will probably work best from here on out IMO)

Raptors:

Trent Jr.
Bembry
Siakam
Boucher
Anunoby

The Raptors are missing Lowry & VanFleet so it will resemble the Pacers game in this regard.

Discuss
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Re: Bulls @ Raptors, RS GT # 50, 08 Apr 2021, 6:30 PM CT, NBCSCH 

Post#2 » by Andi Obst » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:42 am

MalagaBulls wrote:OK, the last game was a victory or bumslaying for those of you that like to use that sort of terminology.

...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:02 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:OK, the last game was a victory or bumslaying for those of you that like to use that sort of terminology.

You know what it really boils down to LN?

VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#4 » by VolumePoster » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:55 pm

Im actually impressed by the Raptors team given they are missing 2 high level players. Trent, Siakam and Anouby are really good. Boucher is super talented. If there is any coasting we are getting punched in the mouth quickly.

That said, I am excited by the Bulls bench. Theis and TBJ are high energy defensive minded hustlers. Lauri and Coby could both bring a lot of scoring punch. The bench could tell the story here as the starters continue to gel.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,583

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:14 pm

The Bulls better not lose another game the rest of the season. No excuses.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:17 pm

DuckIII wrote:The Bulls better not lose another game the rest of the season. No excuses.
I better not get pissy if the Bulls bumslay another opponent the rest of the season. No excuses.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#7 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:29 pm

Easy win.

It passed few years since I wrote that line. Raps are good even when they miss few players. They are just one of those teams which play hard each night. But so were Pacers last game.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#8 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:40 pm

This is an important game. Every game for us down the stretch is a must-win, but it's especially more true for games like this vs teams right around us in the Standings.

Winning this will create even more separation from the 11th spot (from 2 to 3 games) and let us chip away at the 1.5 game lead for the 9th spot. I assume Toronto will be going all out tonight because losing this could mean the end of the season for them. If Raptors win this, they'll get another lifeline to fight for a play-in spot.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,741

Post#9 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:51 pm

They're missing Lowry and VanVleet (and a host of others). This should be a gimmie, but no one wins all the gimmies so who knows.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,378

Post#10 » by drosestruts » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:03 pm

7 games in 9 or 10 nights or something like that coming up. Lots of Bulls basketball in the next week and it's an important time for the Bulls. Are we settling into that play-in game or going to make a push for the 6th seed? I reckon we'll have a clearer picture of what's possible by next weekend after this stretch.

Watch out for those leg sweeps from OG tonight.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#11 » by Am2626 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:54 pm

FriedRise wrote:This is an important game. Every game for us down the stretch is a must-win, but it's especially more true for games like this vs teams right around us in the Standings.

Winning this will create even more separation from the 11th spot (from 2 to 3 games) and let us chip away at the 1.5 game lead for the 9th spot. I assume Toronto will be going all out tonight because losing this could mean the end of the season for them. If Raptors win this, they'll get another lifeline to fight for a play-in spot.

Actually I don’t think Toronto is even trying to field a competitive team. Why is Lowry and VanVleet and 2 other rotational guys still not playing? The Bulls send out LaVine playing on one leg while Toronto keeps half their roster on the shelf for extended periods of time.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#12 » by metafisical » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:06 pm

Am2626 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:This is an important game. Every game for us down the stretch is a must-win, but it's especially more true for games like this vs teams right around us in the Standings.

Actually I don’t think Toronto is even trying to field a competitive team. Why is Lowry and VanVleet and 2 other rotational guys still not playing? The Bulls send out LaVine playing on one leg while Toronto keeps half their roster on the shelf for extended periods of time.

I think the focus is 2021-22 at this point for the Raptors. The players don't have that usual hop in their step (probably due to COVID-19 symptoms from earlier this year and overwork due to heavy minutes), we are losing to teams we should not be losing to on paper, and we are playing away from 'home' for the whole season. These aren't excuses, and in fact a lot of the Raptors board are advocating the tank -- myself included.

That being said, I want Chicago to do well. You have a great team, and it would be awesome to see your team making some noise over the next several seasons and playing like the pre-2015-16 contender Bulls again.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,003

Post#13 » by Chi town » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:28 pm

3rd win on our 8 game winning streak back to .500 and 6th seed.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#14 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:The Bulls better not lose another game the rest of the season. No excuses.

Allegedly, when Woody Allen was filming "Midnight in Paris," he ate daily at the same restaurant, where he invariable sat at the same table and ordered the same item. You are Woody Allen.

Except for marrying the adopted daughter. Not that part.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,583

Post#15 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:01 pm

Ice Man wrote:

Allegedly, when Woody Allen was filming "Midnight in Paris," he ate daily at the same restaurant, where he invariable sat at the same table and ordered the same item. You are Woody Allen.

Except for marrying the adopted daughter. Not that part.

:lol:
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,438

Post#16 » by ImSlower » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:07 pm

Important game for the Bulls, in my opinion. Winning this game over our immediate competition in the standings is precisely why the FO made their big gamble.

Go Bulls
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#17 » by Bruin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:29 pm

Hope you guys beat us. We’re hoping to tank and wouldn’t mind watching you guys in the playoffs to finally see what Lavines made of.

Raptors are without 7 players for this one so it should be a win for the bulls
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,061

Post#18 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:33 pm

drosestruts wrote:7 games in 9 or 10 nights or something like that coming up. Lots of Bulls basketball in the next week and it's an important time for the Bulls. Are we settling into that play-in game or going to make a push for the 6th seed? I reckon we'll have a clearer picture of what's possible by next weekend after this stretch.

Watch out for those leg sweeps from OG tonight.

Thadgic said around all-star break that we're looking to get 6th and not have to rely on the play in
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#19 » by TeamMan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:38 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:...
2. It is critical for Lauri to keep getting minutes and opportunites (even at this seemingly late stage in his possible last year as a Bull) to either get the best out of him for trade value or to convince the FO he can be the 3rd wheel. This is subject to intense debate which is raging in the Lauri thread. Here is the highlight reel from Indiana´s game where he really shined on offense, on d; and rebounding...
Discuss

When you connect the words "critical" and "Lauri" then you open a 2nd discussion about his future with the team.

If Lauri cannot fulfill the critical role that you describe, then what other available player this summer can?

Is it worth paying Lauri for his new contract?

How he can do it the rest of the season.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,261

Post#20 » by kodo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:17 pm

The most interesting to me is the state of Lavine's ankle.

With the season as compressed as it is, a 3-4 week ankle injury (even if he can play through it) can be impactful with him at 80%. Last few games you could definitely tell on some drives he came up short and got blocked at the rim, and his off the dribble stepback looks flat. His set catch & shoot looks OK, but that's generally not what the team relies on him for. It was good to see him get some elevation on the highlight dunk.

I think we have several (3?) back to backs yet in April.

Return to Chicago Bulls