ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#61 » by douggood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:08 pm

i want boston/bkn/nyk etc to claim him off waivers just to see the reaction on this board.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,206

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#62 » by kwajo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:10 pm

If this works out this might represent the only type of reliable waiver/buy-out signing we're ever going to get: bringing Canadian players home.

How long before SGA and RJ get released so we can claim them too? [/green]
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#63 » by alienchild » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#64 » by fbalmeida » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:14 pm

«It’s a hard pill to swallow because I know I’m going to be out of the lineup at some point.» - Aron Baynes
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#65 » by fbalmeida » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:15 pm

Baynes is now the 3rd string center behind Birch and Gillespie.

"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#66 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:16 pm

alpngso wrote:fck.. he’s pretty good. will definitely help the team improve which means less likely to lose games for tanking

Is he pretty good? I never thought he was any good honestly, kinda a random center who could easily be out of the league, but for some reason isn't.
douggood
General Manager

Post#67 » by douggood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:16 pm

kwajo wrote:If this works out this might represent the only type of reliable waiver/buy-out signing we're ever going to get: bringing Canadian players home.

How long before SGA and RJ get released so we can claim them too? [/green]

we signed jereme lin, who was the best bought out player that year, just because he didnt workout ( like many of the buyouts) doesnt mean we cant sign players. there are 2 reasons players sign, location/off court reasons, or championship reasons.
Mil has signed most players.
our track record after signing birch will be the same as some of the bigger named teams out there (this list was before this signing season (before drummond etc))

Read on Twitter
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Post#68 » by ruckus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:19 pm

So, can we call Boucher and Birch, Block Quebecois?
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,889

Post#69 » by vulture » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:19 pm

He will keep siakam and OG healthy and that's all that matters at this point.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,786

Post#71 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:23 pm

douggood wrote:i want boston/bkn/nyk etc to claim him off waivers just to see the reaction on this board.

Boston makes a lot of sense:
- replaces Theis: check
- treadmilling: check
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#72 » by Vorticity » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:23 pm

Nick Nurse stealth turning the Raptors to Team Canada :lol:
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,325

Post#73 » by alpngso » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
alpngso wrote:fck.. he’s pretty good. will definitely help the team improve which means less likely to lose games for tanking

Is he pretty good? I never thought he was any good honestly, kinda a random center who could easily be out of the league, but for some reason isn't.

as a rotation big i think he is. he’ll not be a negative like Baynes is
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,572

Post#74 » by AbC? » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:24 pm

I really hope this is just a move to limit wear and tear on OG/Siakam and not some deluded attempt to make the play-in series.
douggood
General Manager

Post#75 » by douggood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:25 pm

alpngso wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

birch .314 FG% in his last 20 games
Knucknbuc
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,732

Post#76 » by Knucknbuc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:26 pm

should have just called up alize johnson. good enough to get minutes on the nets but cant replace baynes while he was here...

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch likely to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#77 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:28 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:Does this help with the tank?

In a way because the best player in real time 5-15 is Davion Mitchell. We need to trade down if we tank too hard. Rapz figuring out a landing spot...
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,305

Post#78 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:29 pm

douggood wrote:
alpngso wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Dear god, how can you even have a shooting percentage like that from the Center spot?

We're replacing Baynes with a Canadian Baynes based on the numbers lol
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#79 » by metafisical » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:29 pm

douggood wrote:
alpngso wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Good. I hope he goes south of the Mendoza line on our team.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#80 » by And1Skip » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:29 pm

He's not good enough (or at least with a good enough track record) to be ring chasing (or at least get on a playoff team). He mainly wants playing time and development going into this summer's National team duties and into his free agency. Playing for Nurs/Raptors makes the most sense on both fronts (likely be re-signed by Raptors to be next year's backup C).

Return to Toronto Raptors