ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#81 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:30 pm

Vorticity wrote:Nick Nurse stealth turning the Raptors to Team Canada :lol:

... and here comes Ignas Brazdeikis
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,282

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#82 » by Brinbe » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:30 pm

Omg that's a massive improvement over who we have now.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,325

Post#84 » by alpngso » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:31 pm

douggood wrote:
alpngso wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Is he pretty good? I never thought he was any good honestly, kinda a random center who could easily be out of the league, but for some reason isn't.

as a rotation big i think he is. he’ll not be a negative like Baynes is

birch .314 FG% in his last 20 games

Baynes’ offensive Raptor is -5 and Khem is -2 this season so i guess Khem will be half as bad
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,781

Post#85 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:35 pm

Dalek wrote:This would be great for Toronto as he is great fit on defense and can finish at the rim. He is a non-shooter so they will have to adjust to him sitting in the dunker spot or being a roll man.

I am being cautious about this. Saying that he is expected to sign with Toronto doesn't mean it's done. Although his move is going to be super easy considering it is Tampa. I'd take TRoss too if they want to also waive his gaming buddy.

LOL, so similar to everyone's optimism upon signing Baynes.
ChromeKid
Veteran
And1: 2,380

Post#86 » by ChromeKid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:36 pm

Hope this guy doesn't ruin our plans for June 22
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,441

Post#87 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:36 pm

Baynes was a part of the big comeback against Washington and has been playing better lately.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Knucknbuc
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,732

Post#88 » by Knucknbuc » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:37 pm

id rather play the new guy from the d league

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#89 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:43 pm

Really hoping he gets scooped by a contender. Miami makes sense.

We're almost at the end here. Let's stay focused on the tank and see this thing through.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#90 » by Dalek » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:46 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Dalek wrote:This would be great for Toronto as he is great fit on defense and can finish at the rim. He is a non-shooter so they will have to adjust to him sitting in the dunker spot or being a roll man.

I am being cautious about this. Saying that he is expected to sign with Toronto doesn't mean it's done. Although his move is going to be super easy considering it is Tampa. I'd take TRoss too if they want to also waive his gaming buddy.

LOL, so similar to everyone's optimism upon signing Baynes.

The difference is Baynes stays out on the perimeter and takes the open shot because he thinks he can make it every time. He doesn't realize that the defense is ignoring him. Baynes suffers from being short-armed, no hops with no shot and bad finishing.

With Birch you know what you are going to get. Birch knows to move the ball around the perimeter and is a real lob threat anywhere around the rim. He is lengthy like Boucher but can finish through contact. That said, he is a back-up big. A solid one who is a big defensive plus, unlike Baynes who has his moments but is ultimately a milquetoast NBA player.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,725

Post#91 » by And1Skip » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:47 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Really hoping he gets scooped by a contender. Miami makes sense.

We're almost at the end here. Let's stay focused on the tank and see this thing through.

Woj's article says Birch "plans to sign" with the Raptors so its pretty much a done deal.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,167

Post#92 » by niQ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,315

Post#93 » by oldncreaky » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:49 pm

mintsa wrote:I bet you Lowry gets shutdown for the rest of the season to allow everyone else to lineup in the correct position in the starting lineup.....

1 - Fred
2 - Trent jr
3 - OG
4 - Spice
5 - Birch/Baynes

Bench - Boucher at the stretch 4

They probably want to see those positions play out for the remaining games to make decisions on next season.

No more Fred at the 2, OG at the 4, Pascal at the 5.

Preach!
From your fingers to Nurse's eyes . .
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#94 » by Dalek » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:49 pm

Knucknbuc wrote:id rather play the new guy from the d league

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Don't worry, even if Birch is waived he will take time to sign and join the team. I'd expect they get a good look at Gillespie over today (Bulls), plus the b2b with Cavs and Knicks over the weekend.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#95 » by NinjaBro » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:50 pm

alienchild wrote:tWo getting edged by Masai.

delete this quick before Niq sees this and gives you a strike.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,781

Post#96 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:51 pm

NinjaBro wrote:

but you quoted him, so mods will still see it after he deletes his own post.

Ninja backstab!
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#97 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:53 pm

MixxSRC wrote:Image

Khem was like

Who is that little girl?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#98 » by Green Backpack » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:54 pm

Sweet. A bit of a lob threat, big body, and we certainly could use some size. No complaints here.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#99 » by NinjaBro » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:55 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

but you quoted him, so mods will still see it after he deletes his own post.

Ninja backstab!

If he deletes it before they see it, then you really can't hand out a warning for a post that's already been deleted even if there's evidence of it being posted. You can't hand out infractions for posts that don't exist anymore that happened in the past before the mods get their grubby hands on it.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Post#100 » by Mehar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:55 pm

Birch is an undersized centre (measured 6 foot 7.5 inches barefoot). However, he is still an upgrade over Baynes. Definitely hurts the tank. I Guess Raptors do not want to aim for a top 5 pick. Rather aim for the 16th, and get blown out of the first round. Makes it a successful season I guess.

Return to Toronto Raptors