ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#101 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:55 pm

Does this mean we are contending now? Does this kill the tank?
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,360

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#102 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:56 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:Image

Khem was like

Who is that little girl?

Will Smith's son in what is I think the terrible Karate Kid remake.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#103 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:56 pm

NinjaBro wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

delete this quick before Niq sees this and gives you a strike.

but you quoted him, so mods will still see it after he deletes his own post.

Ninja backstab!

If he deletes it before they see it, then you really can't hand out a warning for a post that's already been deleted even if there's evidence of it being posted. You can't hand out infractions for posts that don't exist anymore that happened in the past before the mods get their grubby hands on it.

relax dude, it was just a joke!
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#104 » by Mikistan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:58 pm

Risk101 wrote:Freddie got fingered

Well done
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#105 » by Mikistan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:00 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
but you quoted him, so mods will still see it after he deletes his own post.

Ninja backstab!

If he deletes it before they see it, then you really can't hand out a warning for a post that's already been deleted even if there's evidence of it being posted. You can't hand out infractions for posts that don't exist anymore that happened in the past before the mods get their grubby hands on it.

Reported for backseat modding
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,434

Post#106 » by oldncreaky » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:02 pm

kwajo wrote:If this works out this might represent the only type of reliable waiver/buy-out signing we're ever going to get: bringing Canadian players home.

How long before SGA and RJ get released so we can claim them too? [/green]

Don't underestimate the benfits of Nurse coaching team Canada. Exposure to players, and a free opportunity to evaluate. He'll get to know SGA, NAW, RJ, etc over the next few years. It's a great way to recruit without breaking tampering rules, and may be fantastic for the summer of 2022 or 2023.

We should call Canada's Olympic qualifying effort NORM: Nick's Olympic Recruiting Mission
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#107 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:02 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:Image

Khem was like

Who is that little girl?

Don't get me started on how inappropriately named the movie was.

The kid ends up in China and is mentored by a character played by Jackie Chan.

Karate is more of Japanese thing...

So the movie should have been called the Kung Fu Kid...
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,452

Post#108 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:16 pm

Birch doesn't do much on offence, but he's a decent rim-runner, so hopefully they put him in some pick-and-roll action with Flynn.

On defence, he's fairly mobile, and has also turned into a pretty good positional defender, knowing when to hedge versus when to sit back in the paint. I think he'll probably suit the Raptors defensive schemes fairly well. He'll also be a solid rebounder.

Overall, he's a competent backup defensive C in the league. So he won't move the needle a lot, but probably helps a little bit. As several others have pointed out, this mostly will help Pascal and OG (and Boucher to some extent) from being beaten up so much in the post. This move is probably more about that than anything. I'm sure the team has been sending word to the head office that they're getting worn out down there.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,169

Post#109 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:24 pm

niQ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

so true.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#110 » by will » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:26 pm

Damn, son.

This is great news. Gonna miss the days of Baynes fumbling and bumbling. The comedy.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#111 » by will » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:27 pm

Vietbrah wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In honour of the poster Trey.
will
RealGM

Post#112 » by will » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:28 pm

Montreal in the building.

Khem x Father BooShay front court.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#113 » by Inevitable » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:30 pm

He looks related to Norm, gunna make me miss Norm even more everytime they do a closeup.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#114 » by Mr Funk » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:35 pm

Relieved that Pascal and OG will now get to play in their natural positions and no longer get worn down playing at the five for the remainder of this tortuous, Covid plagued season, while having a good backup centre for next year. Seems like Birch will be a great fit with the team's culture as well. Although he can't stretch the floor (yet?), his defence, rebounding, athleticism and speed, wing span and ability to finish around the rim are exactly what we require off the bench.
GLF
Junior
And1: 393

Post#115 » by GLF » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:35 pm

dgr81 wrote:Raps are pretty much going to make the play in tournament now.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little excited to make some noise in the playoffs :lol:

Naw I doubt it. We are definitely losing tonight against Chicago which then makes it very impossible to still make the play in AND we still don't know how much longer Kyle and Fred will be out. If we still make the play in the bottom of the East is alot worse than I thought because we have no business making the play in. Also we have a few back to backs left this season and we are horrible on back to backs.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,958

Post#116 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:36 pm

Good news. I've wanted this Fabulous Rougeau frontcourt for awhile now.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#117 » by Dalek » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:38 pm

Knicks are looming in the background with capspace to claim Khem Birch off waivers. This is going to be a stressful few days.

Basically, once Khem is waived he can be claimed by any team wanting to take on his contract for 48 hours. Knicks have the money to absorb his deal and not have to compete with anyone unless a similar claim is made. I doubt it happens, but it just points out that a lot can happen in two days.

Toronto isn't what it used to be. A contender could swoop in and steal him easy.
will
RealGM

Post#118 » by will » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:38 pm

Mikistan wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

Reported for backseat modding

Reported for reporting backseat modding
will
RealGM

Post#119 » by will » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:40 pm

Mr Funk wrote:Relieved that Pascal and OG will now get to play in their natural positions and no longer get worn down playing at the five for the remainder of this tortuous, Covid plagued season, while having a good backup centre for next year. Seems like Birch will be a great fit with the team's culture as well. Although he can't stretch the floor (yet?), his defence, rebounding, athleticism and speed, wing span and ability to finish around the rim are exactly what we require off the bench.

He can catch the ball under the oppositions hoop, and put the ball through the hoop.

He can rebound.

Win for the Raptors at the 5 spot.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,782

Post#120 » by UcanUwill » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:40 pm

mtcan wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Who is that little girl?

Don't get me started on how inappropriately named the movie was.

The kid ends up in China and is mentored by a character played by Jackie Chan.

Karate is more of Japanese thing...

So the movie should have been called the Kung Fu Kid...

Yeap, the movie is entirely about learning Kung Fu, Karate is not even mentioned, they just borrowed existing IP name to make more buck. Movie isnt terrible, I think no one would have had problem with it if it was called Kung fu kid.

Return to Toronto Raptors