ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Joe Johnson workout, pg 97

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Teague Signed 

Post#1781 » by LuessiT » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:23 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:In the playoffs I would want to see Brook and Portis have an even split in minutes, with Giannis played a couple mins as the center. Bringing Giannis total to 40.

Forbes has got to get at least 10-12 mins. Maybe more in some situations.

And Pat should not be anywhere near 20.

Why? Forbes should be getting 0 minutes versus the Sixers/Nets. We should be switching 1-4 all the time when Brook is on the floor and switch 1-5 when he's off.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1782 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:46 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Porzingis hasn't been great this season, and he might have the Andrew Bogut injury disease, but he flashes a few things every night that reminds me of the old him and I kinda buy right back in.

Hard to figure out how to make that one work unless you are moving on from Middleton and Lopez though.

MKE: Zing, Burke, Richardson
DAL: Midds, Lopez

Not sure how I would feel about that.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Post#1783 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:53 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Porzingis hasn't been great this season, and he might have the Andrew Bogut injury disease, but he flashes a few things every night that reminds me of the old him and I kinda buy right back in.

Hard to figure out how to make that one work unless you are moving on from Middleton and Lopez though.

Yeah I mean it would almost certainly have to be around Midds and I'm sure I could be talked out of it and easily as I could talk myself into it but man he could be a gamble that pays off huge if things worked out.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#1784 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:13 pm

Would be nice to have picked up a mobile center for times like this
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1785 » by LuessiT » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:40 pm

Imo Middleton is worth way more than Porzingis. I could get talked into a swap helping us out in the offseason, but I'd want significant value back.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#1786 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:11 pm

It's a bad time to talk about trading Khris because it's hard to be objective when he's been playing this poorly. However, he's always had stretches like this, particularly during the grind of the regular season. He's never had a good motor, or even an average one by NBA standards, and IMO the issue is compounded by the compressed regular season. On the plus side, there's not a serious fundamental issue with his training or weight, as there was at times in the past, so this should pass if he gets a little rest before the playoffs.

Also, this core group deserves at least 1 year with Jrue in the playoffs before we even think about making major changes IMO. Even Brook deserves this year, though I admit I was kind of hoping they would deal him.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1787 » by soxperry » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:26 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Can we just find a taller Jrue? What would that look like exactly? Jimmy Butler? Probably not possible.

Khris is the most unathletic premium wing in the league.. there's got to be a team with a hard on for pure shooting that we can point (near)50/40/90 to and swindle.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1788 » by LuessiT » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:28 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:It's a bad time to talk about trading Khris because it's hard to be objective when he's been playing this poorly. However, he's always had stretches like this, particularly during the grind of the regular season. He's never had a good motor, or even an average one by NBA standards, and IMO the issue is compounded by the compressed regular season. On the plus side, there's not a serious fundamental issue with his training or weight, as there was at times in the past, so this should pass if he gets a little rest before the playoffs.

Also, this core group deserves at least 1 year with Jrue in the playoffs before we even think about making major changes IMO. Even Brook deserves this year, though I admit I was kind of hoping they would deal him.

Generally agree with your statement but disagree with the bolded part. Imo there's very necessary having contingency plans well in advance. It's highly unlikely that we'll be doing anything major in the summer but from the big 3 Middleton is now the most expendable and if we were to change things up majorly his name would come up.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1789 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:35 pm

soxperry wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Can we just find a taller Jrue? What would that look like exactly? Jimmy Butler? Probably not possible.

Khris is the most unathletic premium wing in the league.. there's got to be a team with a hard on for pure shooting that we can point (near)50/40/90 to and swindle.

This version of Jrue cost us 14 draft picks. A taller version will probably cost Fiserv.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1790 » by crowhead76 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:35 pm

Nuggets signed Shaq Harrison on a 2-way. That is a move I wish the Bucks would have made, much rather have him then Toupane.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#1791 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:22 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Yeah I mean it would almost certainly have to be around Midds and I'm sure I could be talked out of it and easily as I could talk myself into it but man he could be a gamble that pays off huge if things worked out.

If the playoffs don't go well, I think we'd need to take that gamble.

Otherwise we come back to seeing if some Middleton package for Beal would work.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#1792 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:54 pm

Honest question: why do we think Porzingis would do better in Milwaukee than he has in Dallas?

Seems like he would be a great fit there on paper.

Is the idea that Giannis would take so much pressure off him defensively?

Middleton for all his faults is a 2-way player without too extensive of an injury history. Also no history butting heads with coaches / organizations.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1793 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:30 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Would be nice to have picked up a mobile center for times like this

Ahem.
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, it's a waive - not a buy-out - that they're talking about.

Edit - my mistake - it is a buyout, but apparently he's going to... Toronto.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1794 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:36 pm

raferfenix wrote:Honest question: why do we think Porzingis would do better in Milwaukee than he has in Dallas?

Seems like he would be a great fit there on paper.

Is the idea that Giannis would take so much pressure off him defensively?

Middleton for all his faults is a 2-way player without too extensive of an injury history. Also no history butting heads with coaches / organizations.

Tbh, I think Porz is overrated. Yeah, he can hi 30 footers, but his scoring efficiency throughout his career has been poor for a center, and I've never been impressed with his defense.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#1795 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:37 pm

raferfenix wrote:Honest question: why do we think Porzingis would do better in Milwaukee than he has in Dallas?

Zinger is an injury prone diva. He's not my first choice, but we're talking about emergency scenarios if we get bounced from the playoffs.

I do recall a couple years ago, where Zinger was awesome with interior defense. Really frustrated Giannis. That old Zinger could replace Lopez easily. But not sure that guy exists anymore.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1796 » by emunney » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:47 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Would be nice to have picked up a mobile center for times like this

Ahem.
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, it's a waive - not a buy-out - that they're talking about.

Edit - my mistake - it is a buyout, but apparently he's going to... Toronto.

A buyout is a waive fwiw.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1797 » by DrWood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Yeah I mean it would almost certainly have to be around Midds and I'm sure I could be talked out of it and easily as I could talk myself into it but man he could be a gamble that pays off huge if things worked out.

If the playoffs don't go well, I think we'd need to take that gamble.

Otherwise we come back to seeing if some Middleton package for Beal would work.

Beal makes us worse than keeping Midds.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#1798 » by smauss » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:09 pm

I want nothing to do with Pzing. Dallas can keep him.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#1799 » by Jez2983 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:10 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Zinger is an injury prone diva. He's not my first choice, but we're talking about emergency scenarios if we get bounced from the playoffs.

I do recall a couple years ago, where Zinger was awesome with interior defense. Really frustrated Giannis. That old Zinger could replace Lopez easily. But not sure that guy exists anymore.

Once Em pointed out that Porzingis was both mentally and physically soft I couldn't unsee it. He'll probably grow out of it, but I'm not sure how many years that takes. Probably needs to have a kid or something.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,395

Post#1800 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
soxperry wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

This version of Jrue cost us 14 draft picks. A taller version will probably cost Fiserv.
That means the city will pay for it though, right?
#FreeChuckDiesel
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks