ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back!

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

British Bulldog
Ballboy
And1: 16

Re: GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back! 

Post#181 » by British Bulldog » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:40 pm

NetsJets wrote:Good to see KD back. He looked like he never missed time either. Just seamlessly fitting in. Aldridge and Blake played well. Good to have a blowout.

Such a feel good factor to watching Blake play this game. Haters talking like the guy’s done, like he’s washed. Looked to me like he had a little bounce left.

And hitting the three ball at the end of the first period. Money.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#182 » by andrewww » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:23 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
andrewww wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:The talking heads were down to “chemistry issues “. How is Durant going to fit back in after Harden and even Kyrie had to take the reigns for so long? This game shows how incredible this team is going to be. Said it before, this will be the best big 3 ever assembled with serious depth. They were laughing the whole game. There’s your chemistry issues.

The doubters are just trying to convince themselves but deep down inside they too know this core has a good chance at doing something special.

They have clear defined roles with Harden running point, along with the right mix of vets and youth. Plus they are boys with each other, you can be sure they hear the noise. This would drive any competitor.

Nothing makes the haters hate more than ever when they see you succeed. I have never seen anyone in this league cause more full blown juvenile salt takes than what KD has managed to do, bravo lets keep it going.

This team is a nightmare for fans who have spent years trash talking KD and Kyrie :lol:

The GB is a message board driven by grown men/kids with the IQ of a sheep because this is a very pro-Lefraud board including the moderators. There's no objective critical thinking. I always insist, when the going gets tough or when shots arent falling who do teams turn to? For GSW that was always KD.

I have always insisted Lebron is overrated because he depends on the scoring and shooting of his teammates way more than the guys who can get buckets aka 3 level scorers like KD/Kawhi/AD. Its no coincidence that the best player in each of the last 3 finals were those guys I just mentioned (AD was the real 2020 FMVP if you factor out politics).

Heck, most of the posters on Lakersground.net are true Laker fans who dont let their hate cloud the reality of what the players on the Nets can do.

Kyrie has a pop in his step when he's dancing on the floor now. These guys love playing for each other it is obvious. They will make it work it was never a doubt to me at least.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#183 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:43 pm

andrewww wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
andrewww wrote:
The doubters are just trying to convince themselves but deep down inside they too know this core has a good chance at doing something special.

They have clear defined roles with Harden running point, along with the right mix of vets and youth. Plus they are boys with each other, you can be sure they hear the noise. This would drive any competitor.

Nothing makes the haters hate more than ever when they see you succeed. I have never seen anyone in this league cause more full blown juvenile salt takes than what KD has managed to do, bravo lets keep it going.

This team is a nightmare for fans who have spent years trash talking KD and Kyrie :lol:

The GB is a message board driven by grown men/kids with the IQ of a sheep because this is a very pro-Lefraud board including the moderators. There's no objective critical thinking. I always insist, when the going gets tough or when shots arent falling who do teams turn to? For GSW that was always KD.

I have always insisted Lebron is overrated because he depends on the scoring and shooting of his teammates way more than the guys who can get buckets aka 3 level scorers like KD/Kawhi/AD. Its no coincidence that the best player in each of the last 3 finals were those guys I just mentioned (AD was the real 2020 FMVP if you factor out politics).

Heck, most of the posters on Lakersground.net are true Laker fans who dont let their hate cloud the reality of what the players on the Nets can do.

Kyrie has a pop in his step when he's dancing on the floor now. These guys love playing for each other it is obvious. They will make it work it was never a doubt to me at least.

The general board is a bunch of paid bots mixed in with a bunch of children I think. Nobody who watches and appreciates basketball can be so consistently clueless and agenda driven.

Check out some of the gems in this thread, pretty sure they've watched a total of 0 Nets games between them but still doesn't stop them commenting with supreme confidence in what they're saying. It might make you puke out your breakfast though so please be warned before clicking
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2070158&start=60
Evalar
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#184 » by Evalar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:02 pm

I'm in such a good mood after that game I'm not even going to worry about TLC he'll come good. I'll even give him credit for sticking with it when nothing was falling for him he could have hid but he didn't. I can't believe how we seem to have a solution to every situation if we need an individual player to carry the load in certain games we have three who can do it but we can also play beautiful team basketball with no one hogging the ball. We are proving so many 'experts' wrong remember the only one ball narrative and how Kyrie wouldn't accept not being number one. I wanted to give DJ credit for still cheering the team (especially Clax an Johnson I noticed) on even though he isn't playing that could have turned into a tricky situation but he seems to accepted whatever plan Nash has for him.
andrewww
General Manager

Post#185 » by andrewww » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:15 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
andrewww wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The general board is a bunch of paid bots mixed in with a bunch of children I think. Nobody who watches and appreciates basketball can be so consistently clueless and agenda driven.

Check out some of the gems in this thread, pretty sure they've watched a total of 0 Nets games between them but still doesn't stop them commenting with supreme confidence in what they're saying. It might make you puke out your breakfast though so please be warned before clicking

It is a bigger reflection on societal issues as a whole. People are fed propaganda everyday in front of their faces, from Lefraud is the GOAT to all the mass hysteria on covid by the left, to landlords being a free involuntary social service, to virtue signalling and politics mixing with sports... its a disaster for the weak minded and those unable to think critically imo. Many people really have their values mixed up and cannot comprehend "the impossible". That is what holds many back. Adidas said it best, anything is possible and you grow as a person when you accept alternative view points that are thought out with reason and logic.

Also statistically, KD is arguably the GOAT finals player ever, and Kyrie is also historically a monster performer in the finals. It is not a surprise to people who can stop drinking the haterade because I constantly hear how guys like Curry and Dame are "without question" better than Kyrie, and while I can support discussion on reasons why these guys are better than Kyrie, it is funny to hear people always talk down Kyrie.

The 2016 finals werent won because Lefraud led both teams in 5 categories. It was won because Kyrie outperformed Curry (and also friendly whistle for Lbj where Curry was in phantom foul trouble in game 6 so the league could get a game 7 for their golden boy). Dame is very much Curry-lite in that they're not really that great in isolation and at creating their own shot without a screen. Kyrie is the definition of a professional high efficiency scorer at all 3 levels. In his current role he isnt being asked to do too much.

Harden has struggled the most in playoffs when teams can key in on him with strong disciplined defenders. The current Nets situation is a perfect situation where he will have 2 of the 4 best professional scorers in the league next to him (I consider KD/Kyrie/Kawhi/AD the 4 best 3 level scorers in our league).
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#186 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:46 pm

andrewww wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
andrewww wrote:

It is a bigger reflection on societal issues as a whole. People are fed propaganda everyday in front of their faces, from Lefraud is the GOAT to all the mass hysteria on covid by the left, to landlords being a free involuntary social service, to virtue signalling and politics mixing with sports... its a disaster for the weak minded and those unable to think critically imo. Many people really have their values mixed up and cannot comprehend "the impossible". That is what holds many back. Adidas said it best, anything is possible and you grow as a person when you accept alternative view points that are thought out with reason and logic.

Also statistically, KD is arguably the GOAT finals player ever, and Kyrie is also historically a monster performer in the finals. It is not a surprise to people who can stop drinking the haterade because I constantly hear how guys like Curry and Dame are "without question" better than Kyrie, and while I can support discussion on reasons why these guys are better than Kyrie, it is funny to hear people always talk down Kyrie.

The 2016 finals werent won because Lefraud led both teams in 5 categories. It was won because Kyrie outperformed Curry (and also friendly whistle for Lbj where Curry was in phantom foul trouble in game 6 so the league could get a game 7 for their golden boy). Dame is very much Curry-lite in that they're not really that great in isolation and at creating their own shot without a screen. Kyrie is the definition of a professional high efficiency scorer at all 3 levels. In his current role he isnt being asked to do too much.

Harden has struggled the most in playoffs when teams can key in on him with strong disciplined defenders. The current Nets situation is a perfect situation where he will have 2 of the 4 best professional scorers in the league next to him (I consider KD/Kyrie/Kawhi/AD the 4 best 3 level scorers in our league).

Agreed, it's not opposing opinions I have an issue with. It's the unwillingness to listen to an opposing viewpoint that makes me think these are paid bots, a majority of these guys treat an opposing viewpoint as an attack on them personally. Or perhaps I just overestimate people in general..
andrewww
General Manager

Post#187 » by andrewww » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:25 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
andrewww wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Agreed, it's not opposing opinions I have an issue with. It's the unwillingness to listen to an opposing viewpoint that makes me think these are paid bots, a majority of these guys treat an opposing viewpoint as an attack on them personally. Or perhaps I just overestimate people in general..

It doesnt help when the moderator team makes arbitrary "arguments" that are in line with Bronsexuals.

Eg. "but KD has a massive talent disparity"

See

Pauliewal
Texas Chuck
Bombsquadsammy
Infinite11285
Zimpy27

I mean when I read message boards, its clear who knows what theyre talking about and who is biased. You can construct perfectly reasonable arguments that are not shared by me but when mods make blanket statements that are full of hyperbole, or stuff like "well he's the best because i said so". It is an accurate reflection of the low IQ on the GB and PC boards.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#188 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:41 pm

This was a perfect game.

Nash was great in his handling of KD. love that he didnt start. took focus off, limited jitters. we were up big. it was great. 18ish minutes. awesome.

LMA/Blake/Johnson all played perfect role minutes. We didnt give a ton of post ups to LMA/Blake which is good. use them more off ball or when we give them post touches have it be with the second unit. when those guys hit there threes its eneormous for us. they go from ok role guys to elite role guys if their threes fall

Claxton might have a case for being the best defensive player in the league. he can guards PGs and Centers and do just as well on both. some highlight blocks on Zion and locked bledsoe up on switches.

Kyrie... Dude was legit uncle drew out there dunking on the entire pelicans team and going "And1" mixtape on steven adams. he is having fun. must really piss the haters off. dude is a prophet too "once we hit out stride, the league will be put on notice". well last night on national TV you can consider his notice.

KD. Christ. 17 points on 5 shots in 18 minutes. 17 points on FIVE shots. thats like almost mathematically impossible. Haters are shook that he looks elite day 1 back.

take your time james. when your back and we go full voltron its OVER.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:41 pm

King: Sean Marks (assembled voltron)
Knight: KD. i mean...
Jester: the GB, Knicks fans, Celtics fans, Lebron stans
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#190 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:45 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:BRO what has happened to Kyrie? He did not do this before.

being a new/second time dad puts a hop in your step.

Striaght up unclde drew ish
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#191 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:45 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:such a beautifully run fast break by kai... HOLY SHI... kai just yammed it

You got a video clip of this?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#192 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:17 pm

Nick Wright really went on TV today and said KD looked hesitant and 50% of himself. What a CLOWN.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#193 » by Paradise » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:
LOUiS-D wrote:such a beautifully run fast break by kai... HOLY SHI... kai just yammed it

You got a video clip of this?

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#194 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Man Blake and Aldridge are fitting in perfectly. The people who doubted them are looking worse and worse.

Take a look at aldridge the games prior to this one and its not pretty. poor defensive metrics, poor on/off and really inefficient offense. Great game vs. the pels, obviously. but they are also an awful defensive team on the second of a back to back on the road.

Blake looks good. I dismissed that he was dogging it in detroit because their fans kept saying how much they loved him and that he gave them everything he had every night but was just cooked. obviously, he wasnt going full speed there. he isnt the blake of old but he is finishing again and taking charges and moving ok on defense.

We dont have a huge sample of LMA, but its hit or miss on defense with mostly inefficient offense. Alot of that was with just Kyrie or just Harden though, so he was probably doing more in iso then we will see once our big 3 are back.

With blake and LMA it both comes down to if they are hitting threes. last night they were.

I still think its absurd if claxton doesnt get the majority of center minutes.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#195 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:00 pm

GTR11 wrote:who else watching DuH nix vs Saltics. I bet they have huge meltdown there right now, what a crap show. Randle back to being trash he is.

Indy definitely getting 7 or 8 seed, otherwise I wish both Saltics and Nix make PO. That trash they call teams with no lotto picks for years to come will be hilarious.

7 thorugh 10 seeds all make it with a play-in tourament.

Winner of 7 vs. 8 = 7th seed

Winner of 9 vs 10 = plays the loser of 7 vs. 8

Winner of 9/10 vs. loser of 7/8 = 8th seed.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#196 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:02 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:Kyrie/Harris/KD/Blake/LMA all on court right now.

just wait til hardens back.

Harden/Kyrie/Harris/KD/LMA is full Voltron on offense
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#197 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:04 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
FlipFlopShot wrote:Lol, seeing both KD and Claxton on the court.

Ive waited so long for this

You deserve it.

Slim reapers!
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#198 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:06 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I've been waiting for KD to go back to the 3. We have enough depth now to let him play his natural position.

and enough shooting at the 4 where it doesnt hurt spacing
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#199 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Man Blake and Aldridge are fitting in perfectly. The people who doubted them are looking worse and worse.

Take a look at aldridge the games prior to this one and its not pretty. poor defensive metrics, poor on/off and really inefficient offense. Great game vs. the pels, obviously. but they are also an awful defensive team on the second of a back to back on the road.

Blake looks good. I dismissed that he was dogging it in detroit because their fans kept saying how much they loved him and that he gave them everything he had every night but was just cooked. obviously, he wasnt going full speed there. he isnt the blake of old but he is finishing again and taking charges and moving ok on defense.

We dont have a huge sample of LMA, but its hit or miss on defense with mostly inefficient offense. Alot of that was with just Kyrie or just Harden though, so he was probably doing more in iso then we will see once our big 3 are back.

With blake and LMA it both comes down to if they are hitting threes. last night they were.

I still think its absurd if claxton doesnt get the majority of center minutes.

Bro you have a blind spot when it comes to LMA. At first you said he was a bench warmer.

Youre judging his defensive metrics based on 1 or 2 games? Really not sure thats a useful stat.

I saw several instances of Aldridge contesting shots at the rim. He is at WORST the same as DJ defensively. Probably better.

And offensively he is 10x better.

Who cares what Detroit fans said?

They were obviously salty. Me and others tried telling you he was just openly quitting to get out of there. Nothing this season he did meant anything.

Theres plenty of minutes for Claxton if were not playing DJ.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#200 » by GTR11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:35 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I've been waiting for KD to go back to the 3. We have enough depth now to let him play his natural position.

and enough shooting at the 4 where it doesnt hurt spacing

Talking about taking Joe out the starting line up is silly. With all love and respect to Jeff he ain't Joe and dont provide value that Joe does. I already explained to few bloggers out there that Jeff can't provide consistent shooting ( duh nix game? already forgot, props to him for taking it to the basket because he's jumper was off. he's also lucky Randle is a trash defender. there's been plenty more games like that, selective memory by some is funny to me just to fit their narrative), don't shift defensive from side to side due to shooting ( duh, dude historic numbers ) , can take it to the basket and make a perfect pass, solid defender.

Return to Brooklyn Nets