ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back!

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Pelicans @ Nets: Wed. 4/7/21 - 7:30 PM ET - YES2 & ESPN - KD is Back! 

Post#201 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:37 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nick Wright really went on TV today and said KD looked hesitant and 50% of himself. What a CLOWN.

1) Who?

2)) Lolz
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#202 » by GTR11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:who else watching DuH nix vs Saltics. I bet they have huge meltdown there right now, what a crap show. Randle back to being trash he is.

Indy definitely getting 7 or 8 seed, otherwise I wish both Saltics and Nix make PO. That trash they call teams with no lotto picks for years to come will be hilarious.

7 thorugh 10 seeds all make it with a play-in tourament.

Winner of 7 vs. 8 = 7th seed

Winner of 9 vs 10 = plays the loser of 7 vs. 8

Winner of 9/10 vs. loser of 7/8 = 8th seed.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough here. What I ment is, I hope after all that tournament thing i hope duh nix and Saltics still make PO so they won't get lottery picks, especially this year. The mediocrity they stuck with is joy to watch, not good enough or bad enough to be relevant.

Last night Saltics and KnIx played same time and have much bigger fan bases yet they didn't get prime time nat tv game. They both still holding PO spots too right? they didn't get nat televised game with the names and all them fans? Lmao give me more of that all day every day. Mediocrity and irrelevance with all that salty takes that coming out from there has me super happy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,863

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:45 pm

Harden/Kyrie/Harris/KD/LMA is a death line up. I cannot wait.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:47 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Bro you have a blind spot when it comes to LMA. At first you said he was a bench warmer.

There is no blind spot. I made my strong comments with 0 games played before he played a second for us. If he shuts me up and makes me look dumb so be it. ive been wrong before. All Admit if I am.

Youre judging his defensive metrics based on 1 or 2 games? Really not sure thats a useful stat.

To be fair, you are calling me out for being wrong on the same exact sample size, right?

I saw several instances of Aldridge contesting shots at the rim. He is at WORST the same as DJ defensively. Probably better.

When he is in place, he is smart and long enough to contest. the problem is weak side help and getting over. where he has struggled. as you pointed out, small sample size. we will find out. it may not matter given how good we are offensively and everywhere else.

And offensively he is 10x better.

That just isnt true. And it goes back to the crux of it... if he is hitting threes, yeah he is a huge boost. if he is taking 10 post up/mid range shots and shooting 50% while not drawing fouls (as was the case the games prior) then he really isnt all that great offensively. but what matters is more what he does with 2 or 3 of the big 3. not what he does with just the bench or with Just Kyrie.

Deandre does alot for an offense. he collapses wing defenders on his pick and rolls opening up the corner and wing 3s. and he is still an outstanding screener and finsihes everything.

Who cares what Detroit fans said?

They were obviously salty. Me and others tried telling you he was just openly quitting to get out of there. Nothing this season he did meant anything.

They watch him every night. just like know the nets better then anyone they know their team better. And thats the thing... they arent salty. they were actually happy to see him go to a contender because even as they sucked this year he gave them everything he had every night. go look at the trade thread on their board.

Theres plenty of minutes for Claxton if were not playing DJ.

Are there?

you get 96 minutes a PF/C.

32 for Durant or Harris (whoever you want to call the PF
24 for LMA
20 for Blake
20 for Green

Thats 96 minutes. Someone needs to be cut from the rotation for claxton to play. is that green? is that blake?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nick Wright really went on TV today and said KD looked hesitant and 50% of himself. What a CLOWN.

1) Who?

2)) Lolz

:lol: he's a moron who works for FOX sports.

he didn't watch the game. Guaranteed.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#206 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:54 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I've been waiting for KD to go back to the 3. We have enough depth now to let him play his natural position.

and enough shooting at the 4 where it doesnt hurt spacing

Talking about taking Joe out the starting line up is silly. With all love and respect to Jeff he ain't Joe and dont provide value that Joe does. I already explained to few bloggers out there that Jeff can't provide consistent shooting ( duh nix game? already forgot, props to him for taking it to the basket because he's jumper was off. he's also lucky Randle is a trash defender. there's been plenty more games like that, selective memory by some is funny to me just to fit their narrative), don't shift defensive from side to side due to shooting ( duh, dude historic numbers ) , can take it to the basket and make a perfect pass, solid defender.

Green is shooting 42% from three on nearly 4 attempts per game. Everyone has off nights. criticizing his shooting to me seems absurd. he has been really consistent with it to:

December - 44%
January - 46%
February - 36%
March - 38%
April - 45%

Now whether or not to start him over Harris? Mostly it is irrelevant because Harris will still play 30+ minutes. Who starts really comes down to what lineup gives us the best chance to avoid getting in a hole early on. Typically this year when that happens, its because defensively we allow open threes and a layup line. If Green or Brown help us keep it even-ish the first 3-4 minutes and you bring in Harris at the 8 or 9 minute mark I can see that.

Without Harris we still have 5 good to elite 3 point shooters on the floor and the same ability to blow someones doors off from tip-off.

For me I think its wise to go either:

Kyrie | Harden | Joe | KD | Claxton

or

Kyrie | Harden | KD | Brown or Green | LMA

You need at least 1 defensive/hustle guy in there
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#207 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Harden/Kyrie/Harris/KD/LMA is a death line up. I cannot wait.

1/2 the lineups we throw out are death linups :lol:
British Bulldog
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#208 » by British Bulldog » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

1) Who?

2)) Lolz

This guy sounds like an absolute joker... KD @ 50 percent???!!? Can someone inform him KD was 100 percent from the floor.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#209 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:00 pm

andrewww wrote:People are fed propaganda everyday in front of their faces

to all the mass hysteria on covid by the left, to landlords being a free involuntary social service, to virtue signalling and politics mixing with sports... its a disaster for the weak minded and those unable to think critically imo

as of today, 560,000 thousand people in the United States alone have died from Covid, including people I knew personally. It's ironic that you write a diatribe about people consuming propaganda and mixing politics with sports while in the same paragraph you a) regurgitate far right wing propaganda about the Covid19 pandemic echoed on Fox News, OANN etc and b) also go out of your way to inject your political opinions into a discussion thread about a basketball game, after complaining about politics mixing with sports. Huh?

I think most of the GB is full of mouth breathing idiots and 13 year old sh*tposters too, but you're not painting an exemplary picture of yourself here either.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#210 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:11 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Harden/Kyrie/Harris/KD/LMA is a death line up. I cannot wait.

Yeah they are. I know it was the Pelicans, but you saw how ugly it got when KD entered the game. All of a sudden the ball was popping all over the place and defenses were scrambling leaving guys open for easy shots. Guys like Bruce Brown and LMA will feast like Lions in the Serengeti based on the holes KD opens up. The offense went from 90mph to 170mph as soon as he touched the floor. And this is without Harden.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#211 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:13 pm

British Bulldog wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

1) Who?

2)) Lolz

This guy sounds like an absolute joker... KD @ 50 percent???!!? Can someone inform him KD was 100 percent from the floor.

KD was looking for his own shot the moment he entered the game, hitting all five attempts and getting to the line on aggressive drives.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#212 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
British Bulldog wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

KD was looking for his own shot the moment he entered the game, hitting all five attempts and getting to the line on aggressive drives.

Took a charge on zion
grabbed a rebound over adams
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#213 » by DarkXaero » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:28 pm

Maybe one game aside, LMA has looked really good so far. There's a big difference in activity level between LMA and what we were getting from DJ. LMA contests more (hence getting more blocks), has more active hands, and is certainly doing a better job protecting the paint. On the offensive end, we've lost the lob threat (although LMA can still roll occasionally), but LMA Is opening up the floor for the other guys by dragging bigs out of the paint. It might not show up in his individual numbers but it's having a huge impact making things easier for others.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#214 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:30 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Maybe one game aside, LMA has looked really good so far. There's a big difference in activity level between LMA and what we were getting from DJ. LMA contests more (hence getting more blocks), has more active hands, and is certainly doing a better job protecting the paint. On the offensive end, we've lost the lob threat (although LMA can still roll occasionally), but LMA Is opening up the floor for the other guys by dragging bigs out of the paint. It might not show up in his individual numbers but it's having a huge impact making things easier for others.

Having him and KD on the floor at the same time is violence :lol: :lol: you can't gameplan against that.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#215 » by GTR11 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
and enough shooting at the 4 where it doesnt hurt spacing

Talking about taking Joe out the starting line up is silly. With all love and respect to Jeff he ain't Joe and dont provide value that Joe does. I already explained to few bloggers out there that Jeff can't provide consistent shooting ( duh nix game? already forgot, props to him for taking it to the basket because he's jumper was off. he's also lucky Randle is a trash defender. there's been plenty more games like that, selective memory by some is funny to me just to fit their narrative), don't shift defensive from side to side due to shooting ( duh, dude historic numbers ) , can take it to the basket and make a perfect pass, solid defender.

Green is shooting 42% from three on nearly 4 attempts per game. Everyone has off nights. criticizing his shooting to me seems absurd. he has been really consistent with it to:

December - 44%
January - 46%
February - 36%
March - 38%
April - 45%

Now whether or not to start him over Harris? Mostly it is irrelevant because Harris will still play 30+ minutes. Who starts really comes down to what lineup gives us the best chance to avoid getting in a hole early on. Typically this year when that happens, its because defensively we allow open threes and a layup line. If Green or Brown help us keep it even-ish the first 3-4 minutes and you bring in Harris at the 8 or 9 minute mark I can see that.

Without Harris we still have 5 good to elite 3 point shooters on the floor and the same ability to blow someones doors off from tip-off.

For me I think its wise to go either:

Kyrie | Harden | Joe | KD | Claxton

or

Kyrie | Harden | KD | Brown or Green | LMA

You need at least 1 defensive/hustle guy in there

See this exactly what I said with putting numbers towards your narrative. Let's just take last two games so you can see ( and few others out there ) how inconsistent he is and how it all depends on match ups.

Jeff vs Nix 2-7 from 3 and haven't made one in a 2nd half. Good thing he realized the fact he wasn't making those shots and was taking it to the basket. Luckily Randle is bad defender and we got away with it.

Jeff vs NOP 2-4 from 3 both with big lead already established ( you think it didn't play any role? ).

Plain simple, teams will game plan and cheat with Green as a shooter, they will never dare to do that with Joe. Joe moving without the ball and shifting defense from side to side is also what you ignore completely. Joe is a + defender and with different line ups throughout the season. You don't fix whats not broken just because you favor certain line ups. This team is such a force with Joe because it provides spacing and allows our star power to do its damage.

I've been on board with your opinions this year a lot, you have plenty of good points. Just can't agree with you here Prok.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#216 » by andrewww » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
andrewww wrote:People are fed propaganda everyday in front of their faces

to all the mass hysteria on covid by the left, to landlords being a free involuntary social service, to virtue signalling and politics mixing with sports... its a disaster for the weak minded and those unable to think critically imo

as of today, 560,000 thousand people in the United States alone have died from Covid, including people I knew personally. It's ironic that you write a diatribe about people consuming propaganda and mixing politics with sports while in the same paragraph you a) regurgitate far right wing propaganda about the Covid19 pandemic echoed on Fox News, OANN etc and b) also go out of your way to inject your political opinions into a discussion thread about a basketball game, after complaining about politics mixing with sports. Huh?

I think most of the GB is full of mouth breathing idiots and 13 year old sh*tposters too, but you're not painting an exemplary picture of yourself here either.

If you'd like to PM me Id be glad to have a discussion on covid with you. Wont derail this thread. People would rather be lied to than admit theyve been fooled as a general thought. Having a different opinion than you doesnt necessarily make yours or my opinion wrong.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#217 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:

1) Who?

2)) Lolz

This idiot

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#218 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:24 pm

andrewww wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
andrewww wrote:
It is a bigger reflection on societal issues as a whole. People are fed propaganda everyday in front of their faces, from Lefraud is the GOAT to all the mass hysteria on covid by the left, to landlords being a free involuntary social service, to virtue signalling and politics mixing with sports... its a disaster for the weak minded and those unable to think critically imo. Many people really have their values mixed up and cannot comprehend "the impossible". That is what holds many back. Adidas said it best, anything is possible and you grow as a person when you accept alternative view points that are thought out with reason and logic.

Also statistically, KD is arguably the GOAT finals player ever, and Kyrie is also historically a monster performer in the finals. It is not a surprise to people who can stop drinking the haterade because I constantly hear how guys like Curry and Dame are "without question" better than Kyrie, and while I can support discussion on reasons why these guys are better than Kyrie, it is funny to hear people always talk down Kyrie.

The 2016 finals werent won because Lefraud led both teams in 5 categories. It was won because Kyrie outperformed Curry (and also friendly whistle for Lbj where Curry was in phantom foul trouble in game 6 so the league could get a game 7 for their golden boy). Dame is very much Curry-lite in that they're not really that great in isolation and at creating their own shot without a screen. Kyrie is the definition of a professional high efficiency scorer at all 3 levels. In his current role he isnt being asked to do too much.

Harden has struggled the most in playoffs when teams can key in on him with strong disciplined defenders. The current Nets situation is a perfect situation where he will have 2 of the 4 best professional scorers in the league next to him (I consider KD/Kyrie/Kawhi/AD the 4 best 3 level scorers in our league).

Agreed, it's not opposing opinions I have an issue with. It's the unwillingness to listen to an opposing viewpoint that makes me think these are paid bots, a majority of these guys treat an opposing viewpoint as an attack on them personally. Or perhaps I just overestimate people in general..

It doesnt help when the moderator team makes arbitrary "arguments" that are in line with Bronsexuals.

Eg. "but KD has a massive talent disparity"

See

Pauliewal
Texas Chuck
Bombsquadsammy
Infinite11285
Zimpy27

I mean when I read message boards, its clear who knows what theyre talking about and who is biased. You can construct perfectly reasonable arguments that are not shared by me but when mods make blanket statements that are full of hyperbole, or stuff like "well he's the best because i said so". It is an accurate reflection of the low IQ on the GB and PC boards.

I've only been here for a few months but of what I've read the names you've listed are some of the worst offenders. Never seen Pauliewal post but yes the rest are blatantly biased. Zimpy27 is the best of those since I don't feel he pretends he's anything more than a homer and posts that way. It's like Bill Simmons. He gets away with ridiculous takes because he's transparent about that fact

I have very little respect for the general board moderators. The only good ones I've seen are jamalstar and Duke4life. I think they watch games and post more based on facts than feelings. Im sure there are other good ones (the ones that actually moderate without drawing attention to themselves)
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#219 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yeah they are. I know it was the Pelicans, but you saw how ugly it got when KD entered the game. All of a sudden the ball was popping all over the place and defenses were scrambling leaving guys open for easy shots. Guys like Bruce Brown and LMA will feast like Lions in the Serengeti based on the holes KD opens up. The offense went from 90mph to 170mph as soon as he touched the floor. And this is without Harden.

The ball movement was sex in motion. Can't believe how open Joe was getting on some of those plays..

The guys are all so high IQ, could anyone tell that was the first time KD had played with a bunch of the guys out there?
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#220 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:39 pm

Favorite stat from last night - it's the first time Zion has shot under 50% in a game since February 2nd. So a solid 2 months where he's been tearing up the league shooting better than Shaq on high volume and we limit him to 33% and very limited impact.

People can keep believing were still a bad defense but it's no longer the case. Claxton and LMA in the middle gives 2 different looks, that versatility is huge.

Return to Brooklyn Nets