That is a standard 9-10 man playoff rotation that leaves 0 minutes for:

Claxton, DJ, Alize, Chiozza, Perry, TLC

My Preference:
G: Harden 38, TJ 10
G: Kyrie 36, Shamet 12
W: Harris 32, Shamet 8, TJ 8
W/F: KD 30, Green 20
C: Claxton 26, [Blake OR LMA] 20

IF healthy id give TJ Brown's minues and id give Claxton the starting 5 and give the reserve minutes to whomever of blake/LMA looks best come playoffs.

One of Clax/LMA/Green/Blake is gonna be out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Re: WTF can figure out our rotations??? 

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:28 pm

We need to shave down Harden's minutes and I think Green and Brown's minutes will come down.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:We need to shave down Harden's minutes and I think Green and Brown's minutes will come down.

In the playoffs the only way those numbers come down is if we are blowing a team out.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:We need to shave down Harden's minutes and I think Green and Brown's minutes will come down.

In the playoffs the only way those numbers come down is if we are blowing a team out.

Looking at the standings, if we continue to remain in the top 2 our 1st opponent will either be the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls or Pacers. I think it's doable as long as KD is in the line up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Basileus777
General Manager
And1: 2,031

Post#6 » by Basileus777 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:00 pm

G; Kyrie 36 Shamet 12
G: Harden 38 Brown 10
F : Harris 34 KD 10 Brown 4
F : KD 20 Blake 18 Green 10
C :LMA 28 Claxton 15 Green 5

Front court is still a crunch no doubt. Plenty of minutes outside of the 4 and 5 for everyone we actually want to play though.

Once KD's minutes ramp up one of Green/Blake/LMA/Claxton is going to be out of the rotation.

All of the big three are playing 40 minutes a game in a tight playoff series. Harris could easily go in the high 30s too.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#7 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:My Guess:
W: Harris 32, Shamet 8, Brown 8
C: LMA 26, Blake 20

My Preference:

IF healthy id give TJ Brown's minues and id give Claxton the starting 5 and give the reserve minutes to whomever of blake/LMA looks best come playoffs.

I think one of TJ/Shamet & Brown only see situational minutes. We'll see more big lineups with KD at the 3 & the Green/Aldridge & Claxton/Griffin pairings at the PF/C spots. Claxton's ability to guard just about anybody is a natural replacement for the Brown minutes.

96 Guard minutes: Harden (38), Kyrie (36), Harris (16), TJ/Shamet (6)
96 Forward minutes: KD (32), Green (24), Harris (13), Claxton (10), TLC (10), TJ/Shamet/Brown (7)
48 Center minutes: LMA (26), Blake (16), Claxton (6)

It pains me to give TLC minutes, but he seems to be a fixture in Nash's rotation.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#8 » by Kiddlovesnets » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:20 pm

Basileus777 wrote:G; Kyrie 36 Shamet 12

Front court is still a crunch no doubt. Plenty of minutes outside of the 4 and 5 for everyone we actually want to play though.

Once KD's minutes ramp up one of Green/Blake/LMA/Claxton is going to be out of the rotation.

All of the big three are playing 40 minutes a game in a tight playoff series. Harris could easily go in the high 30s too.

This looks good in general but it seems KD plays too few mins(only 30) while Harden/Irving plays too much. Also Harris is a nice player but think 30mpg is good enough for him so he can be more efficient as a pure shooter. On the other hand, TJ can make the rotation with 6-7 mpg(and more if one of Shamet and Brown go down with injuries). Here's my proposal for a revised playoffs rotation:

PG: Kyrie 34 Shamet 12 TJ 3
SG: Harden 35 Brown 10 TJ 3
SF : Harris 30 KD 13 Brown 5
PF : KD 20 Blake 18 Green 10

This way KD plays 33 mins, while Irving and Harden will get to 34 and 35 mins each. Remember there will be times that the big three all need to play more mins, its necessary make sure that they get less than 35 mpg on average(should OT happens, they still play under 40mins). Depending on matchups we can also put DJ on the court, hes great against players who rely on athleticism to drive and bully inside but dont have a reliable jumper(ie. Giannis and Harrell)
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#9 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:21 pm

Prokorov wrote:My Guess:
W: Harris 32, Shamet 8, Brown 8
C: LMA 26, Blake 20

My Preference:

I would take Johnson out, move Green to the 3. Play Claxton at Center with LMA but give him more minutes.

Blake at the 4.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#10 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:24 pm

G Harden 36 - Shamet 6 - TJ 6
G Kyrie 36 - Brown 12
F Green 20 - Harris 20 - Brown 8
F Durant 36 - Griffin 12
C Aldridge 24 - Claxton 24

BENCH
Jordan
Alize
Chiozza
Perry
TLC
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#11 » by Kiddlovesnets » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:24 pm

Well what if Spencer is fit to play in the playoffs on minutes restriction(15mpg)? How would the rotation look like then?
Basileus777
General Manager

Post#12 » by Basileus777 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:26 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Well what if Spencer is fit to play in the playoffs on minutes restriction(15mpg)? How would the rotation look like then?

It'd be a 3 man guard rotation with Kyrie/Harden/Spencer

Whiskey Slick wrote:G Harden 36 - Shamet 6 - TJ 6
G Kyrie 36 - Brown 12
F Durant 36 - Griffin 12
Aldridge - 24 - Claxton 24

BENCH
Alize
Chiozza
Perry
TLC

Harris getting benched and playing only 20 minutes a game is crazy talk.

And 35 year old Jeff Green is not a 3. He'll play 0 minutes at the 3 in the playoffs.
Basileus777
General Manager

Post#13 » by Basileus777 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:32 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Basileus777 wrote:G; Kyrie 36 Shamet 12

This looks good in general but it seems KD plays too few mins(only 30) while Harden/Irving plays too much. Also Harris is a nice player but think 30mpg is good enough for him so he can be more efficient as a pure shooter. On the other hand, TJ can make the rotation with 6-7 mpg(and more if one of Shamet and Brown go down with injuries). Here's my proposal for a revised playoffs rotation:

PG: Kyrie 34 Shamet 12 TJ 3
SG: Harden 35 Brown 10 TJ 3
SF : Harris 30 KD 13 Brown 5
PF : KD 20 Blake 18 Green 10

This way KD plays 33 mins, while Irving and Harden will get to 34 and 35 mins each. Remember there will be times that the big three all need to play more mins, its necessary make sure that they get less than 35 mpg on average(should OT happens, they still play under 40mins). Depending on matchups we can also put DJ on the court, hes great against players who rely on athleticism to drive and bully inside but dont have a reliable jumper(ie. Giannis and Harrell)

Nash plays his stars heavy minutes in general and the big three are not going to be playing only 34 minutes a game in a playoff rotation unless there are a ton of bench clearing blowouts. You have the big three playing less than they do in the regular season which is not happening.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#14 » by Whiskey Slick » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:37 pm

Basileus777 wrote:
Kiddlovesnets wrote:Well what if Spencer is fit to play in the playoffs on minutes restriction(15mpg)? How would the rotation look like then?

It'd be a 3 man guard rotation with Kyrie/Harden/Spencer

Whiskey Slick wrote:G Harden 36 - Shamet 6 - TJ 6
G Kyrie 36 - Brown 12
F Durant 36 - Griffin 12
Aldridge - 24 - Claxton 24

BENCH
Alize
Chiozza
Perry
TLC

Harris getting benched and playing only 20 minutes a game is crazy talk.

And 35 year old Jeff Green is not a 3. He'll play 0 minutes at the 3 in the playoffs.

Totally agree on Spencer if he's back and healthy in time for the post season.

That would limit Shamet and TJ to the bench for the most part, barring injuries or blowouts.

As for Green, I respectfully disagree. I think he has rare 3/4/5 versatility.

I also LOVE his game, so my minutes distribution is a credit to Green, not a knock on Harris.

I love what Brown has brought to this team as well, so I want to get him significant minutes too.

That's why I have Harris, Green and Brown all getting the same 20 minutes.

As an added plus, it's keeping everyone fresh (and hopefully healthy) for the full 48 minutes and post season.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#15 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:43 pm

Going big actually solves some of our problems and makes the rotation a little easier to figure out. Doing this is annoying because our guys play a bunch of positions but let's see:

G Harden - 36 Kyrie - 12
G Kyrie - 24 - Harris - 24
F KD 36 - Harris 12
F Green 24 Blake 24
C LMA 24 Claxton 24

If we want an 8 man rotation, Harris can take literally all the backup minutes 1-3. Keep Kyrie or Harden on the floor at all times and it's easy. 9 man rotation - Shamet can get 10 minutes if we need offense or Brown gets that if we need defense.

I think if we go small - Blake or LMA are clearly out. Whichever one is a better fit at C that night.

Claxton's minutes have been down recently but I'm not really looking at it as a demotion. Nash has been experimenting with LMA + Blake. We also had 2 B2B's this week. I think they're still being careful with him. I love Claxton but I could see why the coaching staff is weary of depending on him for 30+ minutes. He has zero playoff experience and physically weaker guys can get exposed a little more in the playoffs. I still think he ends up playing the majority C minutes unless we're up against Embiid.
Basileus777
General Manager

Post#16 » by Basileus777 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:48 pm

Playing KD all of his minutes at the 3 would be such a tactical misuse of him, doing it to accommodate some role players in our front court would be a crime. I don't get the obsession with benching our 4th best player either. People are overthinking it, our four best players are going to start, close, and play heavy minutes.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:10 pm

Basileus777 wrote:Playing KD all of minutes at the 3 would be such a tactical misuse of him, doing it to accommodate some role players in our front court would be a crime. I don't get the obsession with benching our 4th best player either. People are overthinking it, our four best players are going to start, close, and play heavy minutes.

This was fair to say before the season but KD has looked amazing regardless of position. It's basically impossible to tactically misuse him.

The reality is that Jeff Green has been pretty damn good at guarding big wings and lets us switch even more since he can hang 2 through 5. He's also shooting 42% from 3 and putting people in posters every night. That's really valuable. It's not about accommodating random role players.

Joe Harris coming off the bench and playing 30 minutes isn't anything crazy. Joe is awesome. He should play a lot of his minutes next to the big 3 but when you have 3 superstars, you can mix it up based on matchups. Some teams require us to go bigger.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:16 pm

We would need to petition for a 5th quarter :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:18 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Going big actually solves some of our problems and makes the rotation a little easier to figure out. Doing this is annoying because our guys play a bunch of positions but let's see:

G Harden - 36 Kyrie - 12
F KD 36 - Harris 12
F Green 24 Blake 24
C LMA 24 Claxton 24

If we want an 8 man rotation, Harris can take literally all the backup minutes 1-3. Keep Kyrie or Harden on the floor at all times and it's easy. 9 man rotation - Shamet can get 10 minutes if we need offense or Brown gets that if we need defense.

I think if we go small - Blake or LMA are clearly out. Whichever one is a better fit at C that night.

Claxton's minutes have been down recently but I'm not really looking at it as a demotion. Nash has been experimenting with LMA + Blake. We also had 2 B2B's this week. I think they're still being careful with him. I love Claxton but I could see why the coaching staff is weary of depending on him for 30+ minutes. He has zero playoff experience and physically weaker guys can get exposed a little more in the playoffs. I still think he ends up playing the majority C minutes unless we're up against Embiid.

Giving Harris minutes at the 2, bumping Shamet from the rotation in favor of Claxton is an interesting take and probably gets our most talented guys on the floor. Hard to see Nash/D'antoni go big that much, and sit a shooter when they love shooters but i can certainly see it.

Our bigs mostly all shoot too, so it could work
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by MGrand15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Going big actually solves some of our problems and makes the rotation a little easier to figure out. Doing this is annoying because our guys play a bunch of positions but let's see:

G Harden - 36 Kyrie - 12
F KD 36 - Harris 12
F Green 24 Blake 24
C LMA 24 Claxton 24

Giving Harris minutes at the 2, bumping Shamet from the rotation in favor of Claxton is an interesting take and probably gets our most talented guys on the floor. Hard to see Nash/D'antoni go big that much, and sit a shooter when they love shooters but i can certainly see it.

Our bigs mostly all shoot too, so it could work

We have so many options - it's kind of ridiculous. LMA stretches the floor. Claxton guards like a wing. Green can bang with centers. Harden can guard 4s.

My guess is Harris starts until a team forces us to make a change but we're the most flexible team in the league IMO. I think Harris or Green can come off the bench and we wouldn't miss a beat.

Return to Brooklyn Nets