Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: GT #50: Bullets @ Magic 7 PM 

Post#41 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:01 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
tontoz wrote:So Russ took only 11 shots and deni scored 16?

*Mind blown*

Read on Twitter

Russ wants those assists!

Wiz made 19 of 36 3's. That'll work.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#42 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:18 pm

BigA wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This roster blows away anything that Ernie Brownfieid ever did.

Got all iPhone translation good old

Ernie Brownfield left the Wizards a toxic wasteland.

Yep, like raw sewage.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#43 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:20 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
payitforward wrote:You know what they say: "You can't lose 'em all."

First thread I started where the Wizards won this season. :)

We’ll have no more of that, please, kind sir!
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#44 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:What I would rather see is the Wizards to Come Away with guys who I know can play and trade for people like Mo Bamba who are ready to Showcase their actual skill set. Why this particular translator is capitalizing the wrong words I have no idea but this galaxy A7 is not as stupid as my iPhone
payitforward wrote:How about Mo Bamba? I've always liked him: wish he was a Wizard.

Meanwhile, Russ must have read the Board, because he is having an absolutely amazing game!

Sent from my SM-T500 using RealGM mobile app

Bamba's made 5 of 6 3's in his last 2 games. Looks like it's too late to steal him.

In the words of the late Dennis Green and only slightly paraphrasing he is who we thought he was. Mobile number is a very good player. Moe Bomba well that’s closer. He’s like a Porzingis who plays great defense.
Bye bye Beal.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#45 » by Shoe » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:37 pm

It doesn't show the first few seconds of Rui on Ross, but stopping the ISO and dribble handoff is GOOD DEFENSE.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#46 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:In the words of the late Dennis Green and only slightly paraphrasing he is who we thought he was. Mobile number is a very good player. Moe Bomba well that’s closer. He’s like a Porzingis who plays great defense.

He is in theory, but not in practice. So far in his career, Bomba has been a wretched defender. He has terrible instincts. It's why he struggles to get on the court.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:In the words of the late Dennis Green and only slightly paraphrasing he is who we thought he was. Mobile number is a very good player. Moe Bomba well that’s closer. He’s like a Porzingis who plays great defense.

He is in theory, but not in practice. So far in his career, Bomba has been a wretched defender. He has terrible instincts. It's why he struggles to get on the court.

Really? His DRTG numbers have been very good, and DPBM's have been consistently better than Porz. Not to mention, he's a very good shot-blocker. He hasn't played much because he couldn't play with Vuc and he had lingering problems with Covid.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#48 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:39 pm

Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Really? His DRTG numbers have been very good, and DPBM's have been consistently better than Porz. Not to mention, he's a very good shot-blocker. He hasn't played much because he couldn't play with Vuc and he had lingering problems with Covid.

His DRPM is very middle-of-the-pack. But I don't really trust defensive stats all that much. The thing that I trust is that Steve Clifford, a man who knows a thing or two about defense, has consistently chosen to play journeyman Khem Birch over Mo Bamba.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:44 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:He is in theory, but not in practice. So far in his career, Bomba has been a wretched defender. He has terrible instincts. It's why he struggles to get on the court.

His DRPM is very middle-of-the-pack. But I don't really trust defensive stats all that much. The thing that I trust is that Steve Clifford, a man who knows a thing or two about defense, has consistently chosen to play journeyman Khem Birch over Mo Bamba.

Birch has proven to be a good backup - and he's good in that relatively small role. If that's all you're going by... I don't get it.
RealGM

Post#50 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:24 pm

In all honesty I just was going by what he did in college
nate33 wrote:

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#51 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:24 pm

Somali wild ass guess might be right. So my Wag dot-dot-dot this is so much fun...
Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#52 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:26 pm

Kim Burch has had a lot of time in the league and in minor leagues to perfect his crab. K h e m Birch has had a lot of time to perfect his craft. I think I should just get new glasses and stop translating everything because it hurts me to proofread these errors
nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
nate33 wrote:He is in theory, but not in practice. So far in his career, Bomba has been a wretched defender. He has terrible instincts. It's why he struggles to get on the court.

Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#53 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:57 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Kim Burch has had a lot of time in the league and in minor leagues to perfect his crab. K h e m Birch has had a lot of time to perfect his craft. I think I should just get new glasses and stop translating everything because it hurts me to proofread these errors

Walmart Vision and Glasses 95-550 Lanikuhana Ave, Mililani, HI 96789
+18086239200

While I enjoy the errors :clown: (I do!!!) I am happy to contribute if you need help with that. The robots are helpful but speech recognition is still learning how best to adjust to what we need. I suck at typing, if I could narrate my stories I'd have 2 books published already (only up to chapter 8 on one).
RealGM

Post#54 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:12 pm

God bless you good sir

Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#55 » by payitforward » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:21 pm

Last night our bench scored 55 points at a TS% of .774. Combine that with the game Russ had -- he was flat out amazing! -- & it would have been hard to lose (not that we didn't look for a while like we were going to manage it anyway!).

Rui's shot wouldn't go in, but otherwise he played well. As did Deni, obviously.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#56 » by payitforward » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:24 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Kim Burch has had a lot of time in the league and in minor leagues to perfect his crab. K h e m Birch has had a lot of time to perfect his craft. I think I should just get new glasses and stop translating everything because it hurts me to proofread these errors

+18086239200

While I enjoy the errors :clown: (I do!!!) I am happy to contribute if you need help with that. The robots are helpful but speech recognition is still learning how best to adjust to what we need. I suck at typing, if I could narrate my stories I'd have 2 books published already (only up to chapter 8 on one).

Add me to the "happy to contribute" list -- it would be a real pleasure, to tell the truth.

Work on that book, doc!

No idea how effective this is, but... https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4492226?hl=en
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#57 » by payitforward » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:40 pm

I've used eyebuydirect.com & like them. Frames with bifocal lenses for as little as $35. But, you'll need a prescription -- I see that an eye exam is $79 at Walmart.
RealGM

Post#58 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:23 pm

payitforward wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

+18086239200

Add me to the "happy to contribute" list -- it would be a real pleasure, to tell the truth.

Work on that book, doc!

No idea how effective this is, but... https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4492226?hl=en

That is awesome! Thank you
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards